Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 13 2009,14:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2009,12:41)
    Hi BD,
    They all died.
    Without his death there is no resurrection from the dead for any.[1Cor15]

Didn't God save them from being killed?

What do you think, that you live forever in this body of dust?

All will die and so did  most of human beings no matter who

they are.  Except Jesus Christ He died for our Sins, and rose

again and is seated at the right hand of our Heavenly Father.

He will come again and judge all.  Why do you value the

Quaran over the Bible?

Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2009,14:19)
    Hi BD,
    What value is human life in terms of eternity?

Read Heb 11 and see what price God's servants happily paid for bringing God's message.

Nick It reallu bothers me, that someone comes on a Christian Forum and values the Quran above the Bible.

Irene

the bible yres thats the book for me I stand alone on the word of God the bible

NickHassan
    Participant

HI,
    Hold up there . You offer us a trinity god that does not appear in the bible??

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2009,16:05)
    HI,

At least He does not quote out of the Quran.
    Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

HI,

You're dead wrong Nick. Read Isaiah 48:12-16. It says that the Creator was sent by the Lord God and His Spirit. Sure looks like a trinity to me.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 13 2009,14:20)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 13 2009,14:12)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2009,12:41)
    Hi BD,
    They all died.
    Without his death there is no resurrection from the dead for any.[1Cor15]

Didn't God save them from being killed?

What do you think, that you live forever in this body of dust?

All will die and so did  most of human beings no matter who

they are.  Except Jesus Christ He died for our Sins, and rose

again and is seated at the right hand of our Heavenly Father.

He will come again and judge all.  Why do you value the

Quaran over the Bible?

Irene

Your not paying attention. I said God saved all the people I mentioned from being harmed. Likewise he saved Jesus from being killed.

I do not value The Quran over the Bible because they are both the word of God. I do value the understanding the truth without closing my eyes and ignoring it.

Everyone like to say that the psalms are prophetic about Jesus, well in the psalms David is constantly saying that God saved him from his enemies and that God hid him from his enemies.

Jesus was saved by God.

The funny thing is you wouldn't want Jesus to be saved but you want Jesus to save you, how utterly selfish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 14 2009,03:02)

HI,

You're dead wrong Nick. Read Isaiah 48:12-16. It says that the Creator was sent by the Lord God and His Spirit. Sure looks like a trinity to me.

thinker

Hi TT,
    So where does it say THE CREATOR WAS SENT BY GOD?

I think you have contact with lost divine wisdom here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Jesus was crucified and died according to the holy scriptures.
    Your teachings do not agree but should we be surprised?

datguy
    Participant

WJ,
    Why just a trinity, what about the seven spirits of God that are bowing before his throne in revelation?
    Could they be seen as” God the father, God the son, God Holy Spirit and God the seven spirits?”

datguy
    Participant

Sorry, that question was for the thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,06:43)
    Hi BD,
    Jesus was crucified and died according to the holy scriptures.
    Your teachings do not agree but should we be surprised?

You keep saying that the Messiah was prophesied to die, that belief doesn't go with Jewish belief.

B. CRUCIFIXION

The verse in Psalms 22:17 reads: “Like a lion, they are at my hands and feet.” The Hebrew word ki-ari (like a lion) is grammatically similar to the word “gouged.” Thus Christianity reads the verse as a reference to crucifixion: “They pierced my hands and feet.”

C. SUFFERING SERVANT

Christianity claims that Isaiah chapter 53 refers to Jesus, as the “suffering servant.”

In actuality, Isaiah 53 directly follows the theme of chapter 52, describing the exile and redemption of the Jewish people. The prophecies are written in the singular form because the Jews (“Israel”) are regarded as one unit. The Torah is filled with examples of the Jewish nation referred to with a singular pronoun.

Ironically, Isaiah’s prophecies of persecution refer in part to the 11th century when Jews were tortured and killed by Crusaders who acted in the name of Jesus.

From where did these mistranslations stem? St. Gregory, 4th century Bishop of Nazianzus, wrote: “A little jargon is all that is necessary to impose on the people. The less they comprehend, the more they admire.”
    For further reading on the “suffering servant”:

http://www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/jewsandjesus#3

Bod,

I hope you know that when people say that Jesus was crucified on a tree it does not necessarily mean that he was nailed to an actual tree. A cross is made of wood, and wood comes from trees. “Tree” is just a term. Seriously, you really pick at the silliest things just to make yourself “correct.”

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    No crucifixion death was shown in the OT.
    But The NT is replete with such fact.
    We believe what is written

The word of God is the expression of God's Spirit.
    Why would you face up against God?

Bod,

Seeing as you deny the crucifixion of Jesus, it is hard to take anything you say seriously. The clearest point made in the whole entire Bible is that Jesus was crucified. If you cannot see that basic point then how do you expect everyone to respect what you say?

I do not say this unless I know it is true. You cannot be a Christian. The bible says that you must believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus in order to be saved. You do not. Therefore, how are you saved?

TC27

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 14 2009,07:19)
    Bod,

I hope you know that when people say that Jesus was crucified on a tree it does not necessarily mean that he was nailed to an actual tree. A cross is made of wood, and wood comes from trees. “Tree” is just a term. Seriously, you really pick at the silliest things just to make yourself “correct.”

TC27

Sorry, “Tree” is not just a term it is a tree and there is a big difference because If it was a tree, you don't carry a tree to the place your crucified because the tree is already there.

I don't want to be correct I want all of us to understand reality and not just ignore what we don't like. You don't accept the Quran, but the reason you don't accept it is because you don't know your own scriptures.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 14 2009,07:41)
    Hi BD,
    No crucifixion death was shown in the OT.
    But The NT is replete with such fact.
    We believe what is written

The word of God is the expression of God's Spirit.
    Why would you face up against God?

I like the fact that you are being honest about this but you won't listen to the facts I am presenting. There is no mention of a crucifixion death in the OT because none happened in the NT. Although it was expected to happen and most presumed it did happen, the Quran clearly states that God saved Jesus Christ from being killed or crucified. The Quran clearly states that God took Jesus up to him Alive.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Can God not be allowed to use poetry?
    Half of Scripture would need to be put aside.

The Spirit of God is a fountain of life unto those who can receive.

Quote (datguy @ July 13 2009,15:07)
    WJ,
    Why just a trinity, what about the seven spirits of God that are bowing before his throne in revelation?
    Could they be seen as” God the father, God the son, God Holy Spirit  and God the seven spirits?”

Hi

When you can tell me how the eyes of the Lamb (Jesus) are the seven Spirits of God then you will have your answer!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 14 2009,07:48)
    Bod,

Seeing as you deny the crucifixion of Jesus, it is hard to take anything you say seriously. The clearest point made in the whole entire Bible is that Jesus was crucified. If you cannot see that basic point then how do you expect everyone to respect what you say?

I do not say this unless I know it is true. You cannot be a Christian. The bible says that you must believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus in order to be saved. You do not. Therefore, how are you saved?

TC27

You cannot say that Jesus was crucified how would you know?

Matthew 26:55-57 (New King James Version)
    55 In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, “Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me. 56 But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”
    Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.

Mark 14:49-51 (New King James Version)
    49 I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and you did not seize Me. But the Scriptures must be fulfilled.”
    50 Then they all forsook Him and fled.

If they all forsook him and fled how can their testimony be accurate?

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account