Attempts to shut up those who disagree w/this site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    WhiteMateria
    Participant

It has come to our attention that the editing function has been turned off in an effort to shut up those who believe any doctrine other than what the official admins here believe. It is believed that my doctrine has changed since I have come here. I am laughing because when I came here I was in disagrement with what this site believes in. I am still laughing because I am still in the same disagrement with what this site believes in. When my postings were edited to add more and more examples of the 'same points' I was to make the admins got scared and took away mine and your editing abilities. Only those who believe in what this site believes are probably the ones who will get them back aka dedicated members. Dedicated to what you may ask? To the beliefs that this site holds. Therefore I must only conclude that I was to much of a threat to the stability and security of a few of the member's misguided beliefs. This message is written for any new and former forum members that come here. I shall let people read this and if it is deleated it will only strengthen that what I have said really struck a nerve or to in your precious precious misgivings.

Is 1:18
    Participant

You might be onto something WhiteMateria. I'm in the top 5 for total posts but have lost editing “privilages”. Apparently i dont fall within t8's definition of a “dedicated” member. Hmmm.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 10 2005,03:53)
    You might be onto something WhiteMateria. I'm in the top 5 for total posts but have lost editing “privilages”. Apparently i dont fall within t8's definition of a “dedicated” member. Hmmm.

I suspect you may get them back if your postings are in agreement with the admins here and you may not get them back if it differs.

Participant

Then there is no chance. Come on t8, this is nonsense, you have over-reacted.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 10 2005,04:07)
    Then there is no chance. Come on t8, this is nonsense, you have over-reacted.

Ah this was the work of t8 and heaven actually. Not much to debate now since everyone is in cultic agreement or made to shut up eh?

Participant

t8 and heaven are the same person.

WhiteMateria
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 10 2005,04:15)
    t8 and heaven are the same person.

Heh I figured I'd make them 2 seperate people just as they make God and Jesus Christ out to be. I mean why not?

Proclaimer
    Participant

That is not fair.
    Non editing keeps people honest. Sometimes you need to lay down rules to keep things as they should.

I know that laws are made for sinners, but if everybody kept the writings without changing the message then it wouldn't need to be done.

All this ranting about not ligning up with my view is unfair too. How does turning off editing, make that happen. Rather it keeps people honest and the admins can't keep an eye on everything. The editing function can be turned off and on. It is a feature of the forum software, nothing more nothing less.

All I can see in this discussion are people grumbling about something that is really a good thing. It keeps people honest, but most of all it stops wasting the time of people who reply to questions or teaching, only to find that the teaching and question has changed.

What is so wrong about that? Or are people just looking to find fault in any way possible?

Come on and stop trying to find fault. If you can't fault the teaching, then there is no need to try and make out that this is some kind of terrible sin. This grumbling is really kind of silly is it not?

Anonymous

Then why not remove it for all. Why have a select few been chosen to retain their editing privileges?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ July 10 2005,22:53)

A dedicated member is someone whom the Admins have come to trust. It's a bit hard to trust people who look for fault in you day and night and throw unfair accusations against you.

Even Jesus had a group of dedicated members around him and so should we all. There is no one stopping you from starting up your own forum and doing the same. Call it free-will my friend.

No one likes laws I suppose, but if you are not a transgressor, then laws do not matter.

The forums are suppose to have discussions that progress as a process of discovery. How does turing off the editing feature hinder that?

It actually protects not just me, but you too. It stops say a hacker from using your username and password and editing your posts. It stops you wasting your time when people change the message of a post that you spent a lot of time replying to.

I think that you should stop grumbling and realise that this is normal for many other forums too. It's a form of protection.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ July 11 2005,06:01)
    Then why not remove it for all. Why have a select few been chosen to retain their editing privileges?

It's normal function for Admins and Moderators to have more priviledges. This is probably true in all forums.

I trust the Admins and dedicated members here to not break the rules. If they do then they too are subject to removal of priviledges too.

You have to trust someone don't you?

Editing priviledges are handy especially for people who post here regularly, such as the Admins. At the end of the day, no one is being censored or deleted are they? Members who post from time to time can still make posts and have their say. They just need to make sure that the post is good before submitting it. That is what the 'Preview Post' button is for.

Again, it is done because not everyone can be trusted and it only takes 1 or 2 to spoil it for everybody else. Isn't that always the case though?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WhiteMateria @ July 10 2005,22:38)
    It has come to our attention that the editing function has been turned off in an effort to shut up those who believe any doctrine other than what the official admins here believe.

To WhiteMateria,

This is simply false. You can still post as you have and still have your say. No one is shutting you out, so your words are false. An apology would be in order my friend.

Jesus said that what they did to him they will do to his followers. He was falsely accused because they could find no fault in him. Your accusation doesn't stick to me because it is untrue.

The only motive is keeping things honest.

Will I be hearing an apology from you?

Anonymous

So just yourself and Nick Hassan have this privlege? Or are there others that you have deemed trustworthy?

Proclaimer
    Participant

There are others and there will be more to come.

Please realise that all can post. No one is taking that away. The discussions need to be protected once submitted, otherwise it is too easy for people to screw things up.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account