Armageddon or Harmageddon.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Armageddon or Harmagedon: Revelations 16:16. “and in the Hebrew language it is called Armageddon.”
    There is no word “Armageddon” in the Hebrew language; the word Armageddon is a contraction and mistranslation for the words,”Mount of the Congregation Zion”.

Ar / ma / ged / don. Also: Har / ma / ged / on.
    Har / edah / siyyon.
    Har: Mount or Mountain.
    Edah or Mowed: Assembly, Community or Congregation.
    Siyyon: Zion.

Revelations 16:13-16. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and that beast, and out of the mouth of a false prophet.
    14. For they have evil spirits, working miracles for the rulers of the earth and the whole world, to gather them togather to do battle against God Almighty on that great day.
    15. Watch, I come like a thief. Blessed is he that keeps watch, and keeps his cloths, or else he will walk naked, and people will see his shame.
    16. And they gathered them together to that place, and in the Hebrew language it is called; Mount of the Congregation Zion.

Isaiah 29:8. So will it be with the hordes of all the nations that fight against Mount Zion.

Proverbs 9:1. Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars.
    Revelations 3:12. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.
    Zechariah 3:9. There are seven eyes on that one stone,
    Zechariah 4:10. These seven are the eyes of the lord,  
    Revelations 5:6. He had seven horns and seven eyes,  
    Daniel 12:3. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars  
    Revelations 1:20. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lamps is this: The seven stars are the angels (messengers of God) of the seven churches,  
    Zechriah 3:8. Listen O high priest of Joshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come; I am going to bring my servent, the Branch.
    And so, were are they? Who are these seven different churches and the seven messengers? When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth? If they don’t show up, will that make Satan happy?

Have you read: The Dead Sea Scrolls in English. By G. Vermes  ISBN:0-14-022779-2, or: The Book of Enoch. Translated by R.H. Charles.  ISBN 0-281-01261-x

It is a presumption by some scholars, and not a fact, that Megiddo is a battlefield described in the Bible, in relationship to Revelation 16:16, as a place of a predicted final struggle between good and evil. Some believe that the name may be taken from that of the battlefield of Megiddo valley. See Judges 5:19.
    The word “Megiddo” appears in scripture twelve times, and never with the word “Har” for (Mount) in front of it. The word “Megiddon” is a King James translation in the Old Testament only; and in Revelation 16:16, the King James uses the word spelling “Armageddon”. The Valley of Megiddo and Armageddon have no biblical relationship.
    King James Version: Zechariah 12:9-11. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
    10. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
    11. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as (Like) the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zion is not only the faithful in Israel and the world, but it is also a city in the last days according to scripture.
    There is a great deal of scripture to support what I claim, with the word “Zion”. However, there is no scripture to support that the valley of Megiddo is a gathering place for Zion.

[/B]

david
    Participant

There's really no threads on here on armageddon, other than this one which only seems to discuss the actual word.

Who or what will be destroyed at armageddon, in God's war against wickedness?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Armies.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    From wikipedia.
    JWs and salvation.
    “All humanity is in a sinful state (see: Sin).[25] Release from this is possible through the death of Jesus. His death atoned for the sins of humankind.[26] To be saved, one needs faith. It is only by the undeserved kindness (grace) of God which through which one can attain this; works are evidence of faith and cannot gain salvation.[27] There are two destinations for those saved by God. The number of Christians going to heaven is limited to precisely 144,000 (the “anointed”) where they will rule with Jesus as kings and priests over Earth.[28] Everyone else who qualifies for salvation living today will survive the coming battle of Armageddon and have the prospect of living forever in an earthly paradise.[29] Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the only scriptural hope of surviving Armageddon comes through adherence of the biblical teachings, including faith in Jesus' shed blood. Those who do not, face destruction at Armageddon.[30][31][32][33][34] The fate of some, such as small children or the mentally ill, remains indeterminate.[35] After Armageddon, an unknown number of dead people will be resurrected, with the prospect of living forever, but those who have already been judged by God will not, such as any killed at Armageddon.[36] Christ will rule for a thousand years, during which time the Earth will be transformed into a paradise, while Satan is abyssed and unable to influence mankind. At the end of the thousand years, Satan will be released, and the final judgment will take place during which Satan and all those corrupted by him will be destroyed forever, with evil never occurring again.[37]”
    So if JWs never join armies how can they be involved in Armageddon?

david
    Participant

So if JWs never join armies how can they be involved in Armageddon?

Who said they would be? Do you think that you will be fighting Satan Nick? Or that you will be fighting the human governments? I think we can leave that to God's capable hands and all the power he has at his disposal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is this why they refuse to serve?

david
    Participant

They refuse to take part in military action for the exact same reason the early Christians did. I'll let you figure out the reasons for yourself.

Not3in1
    Participant

David – are you a JW? The reason I'm asking is that if you are – I have some specific questions for you. I have had the same two ladies come to my door now for going on 4 years! We have become good friends. They are the ones that told me the Trinity wasn't true. So, for no other reason, I feel I owe them a huge “thank you” for that!!!!! We talk mostly about the pre-existence of Christ and the fact that they believe he existed as Michael. I have huge problems with that. Thanks, David.

Not3in1
    Participant

I see there is actually a thread for the topic of Jesus being Michael the arch angel – maybe I'll do some reading on that thread :)

Isaiah 18:7 At that time gifts will be brought to the LORD Almighty
    from a people tall and smooth-skinned,
    from a people feared far and wide,
    an aggressive nation of strange speech,
    whose land is divided by rivers—
    the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the LORD Almighty.This last verse should have read: The place named for the Lord Almighty.

2 Kings 19:31
    For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant, and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Psalm 48:2
    It is beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth. Like the utmost heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King.

Psalm 48:11
    Mount Zion rejoices, the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments.

Psalm 74:2
    Remember the people you purchased of old, the tribe of your inheritance, whom you redeemed— Mount Zion, where you dwelt.

Psalm 78:68
    but he chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion, which he loved.

Psalm 125:1
    [ A song of ascents. ] Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever.

Psalm 133:3
    It is as if the dew of Hermon were falling on Mount Zion. For there the LORD bestows his blessing, even life forevermore.

Isaiah 2:3
    Many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths.” The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 4:5
    Then the LORD will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a glow of flaming fire by night; over all the glory will be a canopy.

Isaiah 8:18
    Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion.

Isaiah 16:1
    Send lambs as tribute to the ruler of the land, from Sela, across the desert, to the mount of the Daughter of Zion.

Isaiah 18:7
    At that time gifts will be brought to the LORD Almighty from a people tall and smooth-skinned, from a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers— the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the LORD Almighty.

Isaiah 24:23
    The moon will be abashed, the sun ashamed; for the LORD Almighty will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, and before its elders, gloriously.

Isaiah 29:8
    as when a hungry man dreams that he is eating, but he awakens, and his hunger remains; as when a thirsty man dreams that he is drinking, but he awakens faint, with his thirst unquenched. So will it be with the hordes of all the nations that fight against Mount Zion.

Isaiah 31:4
    This is what the LORD says to me: “As a lion growls, a great lion over his prey— and though a whole band of shepherds is called together against him, he is not frightened by their shouts or disturbed by their clamor— so the LORD Almighty will come down to do battle on Mount Zion and on its heights.

Isaiah 37:32
    For out of Jerusalem will come a remnant, and out of Mount Zion a band of survivors. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.

Isaiah 40:9
    You who bring good tidings to Zion, go up on a high mountain. You who bring good tidings to Jerusalem, lift up your voice with a shout, lift it up, do not be afraid; say to the towns of Judah, “Here is your God!”

Isaiah 52:7
    How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”

Joel 2:32
    And everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the survivors whom the LORD calls.

Amos 6:1
    [ Woe to the Complacent ] Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation, to whom the people of Israel come!

Obadiah 1:17
    But on Mount Zion will be deliverance; it will be holy, and the house of Jacob will possess its inheritance.

Obadiah 1:21
    Deliverers will go up on Mount Zion to govern the mountains of Esau. And the kingdom will be the LORD's.

Matthew 21:5
    “Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.' “

John 12:15
    “Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt.”

Romans 9:33
    As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

Romans 11:26
    And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: “The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Hebrews 12:22
    But you have come to Mount Zion, to the heavenly Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly,

1 Peter 2:6
    For in Scripture it says: “See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.”

Revelation 14:1
    [ The Lamb and the 144,000 ] Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (MichaelTheeArchAngel @ June 18 2007,07:26)
         the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, the place of the Name of the LORD Almighty.This last verse should have read: The place named for the Lord Almighty.

Hi MTAA,
    Do you have any evidence that the DRY MOUNTAIN [Zion] which is often spoken of in reference to Jerusalem, the City of the King of kings, where God will rule through the Son, is mistranslated here?

charity
    Participant

Valley of decision unto MT Zion?
    How can we be placed in heavenly realms, until our Judgment is complete, justified and worthy?

Joe 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD [is] near in the valley of decision.
    The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.
    The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [will be] the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
    And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim. Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence [against] the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
    But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Jn 5
    ' 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. '
    rev 20
    ' 4And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.'

charity
    Participant

Its better for a MAN to kiss the lips that give the right answer, Prepare thy work without, afterwards build thine house.
    for, calamity shall rise suddenly against him that has forsaken judgment days, which begin with the house of God?
    What then, Judged worthy to become a Judge Taking part in prophecy, the Saints shall not be taken by surprise

Pro 24:21 My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: [and] meddle not with them that are given to change:
    For their calamity shall rise suddenly; and who knoweth the ruin of them both? ¶ These [things] also [belong] to the wise. [It is] not good to have respect of persons in judgment.
    He that saith unto the wicked, Thou [art] righteous; him shall the people curse, nations shall abhor him:
    But to them that rebuke [him] shall be delight, and a good blessing shall come upon them. [Every man] shall kiss [his] lips that giveth a right answer. Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.
    Be not a witness against thy neighbour without cause; and deceive [not] with thy lips. Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.
    ¶ I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding; And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, [and] nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, [and] considered [it] well: I looked upon [it, and] received instruction. [Yet] a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come [as] one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

We all need to be transfigured, following after christ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 18 2007,08:58)

Quote (MichaelTheeArchAngel @ June 18 2007,07:26)

Hi MTAA,
    Do you have any evidence that the DRY MOUNTAIN [Zion] which is often spoken of in reference to Jerusalem, the City of the King of kings, where God will rule through the Son, is mistranslated here?

#1. The scriptural quotes that I gave you helps make that claim evident.#2. The fact that there is no other Hebrew word Harmegeddon or Armegeddon is note worthy.#3. The fact that if the word is broken down in hebrew, that is what it would say in english; that is taking into consideration the word is misspelled, and not translated into english. The truth does not get anymore ovious than that. Is there anything that I have over looked? If so, then make it known. Oh, and thanks for asking an intelligent question!

Quote (charity @ June 18 2007,14:37)
    Its better for a MAN to kiss the lips that give the right answer, Prepare thy work without, afterwards build thine house.

I would like to hear your own thoughts on this subject Charity.

Zion is not only the faithful in Israel and the world, but it is also a city in the last days according to scripture.
    There is a great deal of scripture to support what I claim, with the word “Zion”. However, there is no scripture to support that the valley of Megiddo is a gathering place for Zion.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account