Are you interested in running a site with me,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Stu what about an ape game where higher evolved species get to wipe out the lesser ones.

You could get points or bananas for using weapons fashioned from stone and wood. Special points if you use fire etc.

Even if you don't resort to weapons, there would be a steady flow of points or bananas if you compete better in an eco-system to the detriment of lesser evolved apes like the ones with curved backs.

To navigate you use the arrow keys and the up key is for climbing and left and right for walking whereas the down key is for crawling. The B key could be for eating a banana which gives you more energy and health etc.

However, if we wait a few billion years, such a digital ecosystem may evolve itself from an explosion of a pixel, saving us having to hard code it ourselves.

Stu
    Participant

Which ones would you say are the 'higher evolved' ones, t8 PhD?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hmmm.

I guess that it is up to the game and who wins.

If the curve backs fight off the straight ones, then you might end up with the Planet of the Apes scenario.

But of course if we wait long enough, the whole thing will just evolve from a pixel that decided to expand anyway.

Perhaps the ultimate answer is that it is up to that pixel and the direction it takes?

Stu
    Participant

But guru t8, you said the 'higher evolved' ones get to wipe out the 'lesser' ones. Is your classification system based on back curvature? I would have thought an anti-apeist like yourself might have picked on a an actual point of difference, like brain size or hairyness. There is not much else to distinguish between ape cousins.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Maybe in another scenario the daffodils would reign. We have 45% DNA in common. So take that 45% code and add in some features never seen before and you might end up with flower power beyond anything the world has ever seen. Let's face it, the theory of evolution is part rich imagination and if an ape can rise to the top, then why not a flower?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 29 2008,21:33)
    Maybe in another scenario the daffodils would reign. We have 45% DNA in common. So take that 45% code and add in some features never seen before and you might end up with flower power beyond anything the world has ever seen. Let's face it, the theory of evolution is part rich imagination and if an ape can rise to the top, then why not a flower?

I see there is hope for you yet!

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Aug. 26 2008,22:13)

Quote (treverend @ Aug. 25 2008,10:18)
    Stu, not the case, even if your cornered you have to use prayer and worship to get out because if you kill someone you have to restart the mssion, and Not3in1 you can kill but your not sopposed to kill anyone. The only ones in the game who can kill without losing is the Army of the AntiChrist and the American Army.

Which heathens would the Army of Christ slaughter first?

Stuart

Greetings Stu……The question of the rapture is one that is deserving of critical analysis….My feeling is it is concocted and has been allowed to develope legs over the years….There is no scripture that supports this theory infaticaly….As for which heathens will experience Gods wrath I would think they all should rethink their positions while there is still time…Stu…christians are not to murder….”Thou shalt not murder”…there is a difference between killing and murder..for one thing self defense is killing not murder….Iam sure you will have an interesting response to this analogy..

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 30 2008,01:35)

Stu, not the case, even if your cornered you have to use prayer and worship to get out because if you kill someone you have to restart the mssion, and Not3in1 you can kill but your not sopposed to kill anyone. The only ones in the game who can kill without losing is the Army of the AntiChrist and the American Army.

Stuart

Greetings Stu……The question of the rapture is one that is deserving of critical analysis….My feeling is it is concocted and has been allowed to develope legs over the years….There is no scripture that supports this theory infaticaly….As for which heathens will experience Gods wrath I would think they all should rethink their positions while there is still time…Stu…christians are not to murder….”Thou shalt not murder”…there is a difference between killing and murder..for one thing self defense is killing not murder….Iam sure you will have an interesting response to this analogy..

Hi theodore,
    The ten other times that the word phoneuo was used in the gospels it was translated as kill. Only one time did the translators change that same word to murder.
    Perhaps they were trying to excuse all of the killing that God commanded by differentiating in that one case. But God said, and the gospels say, “thou shalt not kill” period.

Tim

Stu
    Participant

I haven't checked, but I think the KJV translates it as 'shalt not murder'. If the OT god thinks killing is a way to solve a problem then are we to follow 'his' example or not?

Is it urban myth that there are airlines that always fly a non-christian co-pilot with a christian pilot in case the rapture happens during the flight?

Stuart

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi stu,

The KJV is the version that I use the most.
    The KJV translates thou shalt not kill in every instance except one in Mathew.
    In that verse the same word that was always translated as kill was changed to murder.

There is another word, ratsakh, that is translated murder in most of the rest of the NT.
    That word is not used in the “thou shalt nots”.

Tim

Stu
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 30 2008,22:31)
    Hi stu,

The KJV is the version that I use the most.
    The KJV translates thou shalt not kill in every instance except one in Mathew.
    In that verse the same word that was always translated as kill was changed to murder.

There is another word, ratsakh, that is translated murder in most of the rest of the NT.
    That word is not used in the “thou shalt nots”.

Tim

Thanks for that TimVI. I'm trying to work out how I got that so wrong, I even have a memory of looking it up once before.

Clearly the OT god cannot be reconciled ethically. An unrighteous god might both condone slavery and show hypocrisy over who may kill whom.

I'm sure you don't believe god is unrighteous. I wonder how others here can continue with their acceptance of the OT.

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Aug. 30 2008,12:07)
    I haven't checked, but I think the KJV translates it as 'shalt not murder'.  If the OT god thinks killing is a way to solve a problem then are we to follow 'his' example or not?

Is it urban myth that there are airlines that always fly a non-christian co-pilot with a christian pilot in case the rapture happens during the flight?

Stuart

Greetings Stu…..With reference to Killing,If we followed Gods example we would not have warehouses full of murderers,rapists and every sought of deviate criminal imaginable….And I might add we would be living in world where respect for each other would be paramount simply because the consequences for anti social behavior would be very clear….And NO ! not all infractions will be punishable by death…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 30 2008,07:32)

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 30 2008,01:35)

Stuart

Hi theodore,
    The ten other times that the word phoneuo was used in the gospels it was translated  as kill. Only one time did the translators change that same word to murder.
    Perhaps they were trying to excuse all of the killing that God commanded by differentiating in that one case. But God said, and the gospels say, “thou shalt not kill” period.

Tim

Greetings Tim…..Over the years I have asked the very same question over and over with respect to the brutality demonstrated in the OT….There was a time when I might have joined in with the accusers of the almighty,however,I have learned that God is not a respecter of Men,and he will not be mocked..He Is God the Almighty…He is the giver of life and he can take it as he sees fit…Since life is our most precious possession and we hold it dear to us…it is not unusual that we would hold in comtempt any one or being that would wantently take life.. is a monster…

Stu
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Aug. 31 2008,02:49)

Quote (Stu @ Aug. 30 2008,12:07)
    I haven't checked, but I think the KJV translates it as 'shalt not murder'.  If the OT god thinks killing is a way to solve a problem then are we to follow 'his' example or not?

Stuart

Greetings Stu…..With reference to Killing,If we followed Gods example we would not have warehouses full of murderers,rapists and every sought of deviate criminal imaginable….And I might add we would be living in world where respect for each other would be paramount simply because the consequences for anti social behavior would be very clear….And NO ! not all infractions will be punishable by death…

I think your analysis of human behaviour and motivation is trivial, I'm sorry. Just like the bible's trivial analysis of it.

Stuart

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account