Apostolic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Author

If Peter was the firsgt pope then why dont they follow his teaching of baptism in Jesus name and be filled with the Holy Ghost? ad then why cant the priest be married? peter had a mother in law ?

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Aug. 26 2009,13:00)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ June 30 2009,03:12)
    I am a oness apostolic follower of Jesus. ive been in the apostolic faith since 2006. at the time i was listening to my pastor and he read eph 4:5 and i understood the oneness right there.

You're no apostolic anything of the sort.  Your sect is barely 100 yrs. old you Sabellian heretic!

Greetings CA….. A Sabellian Heretic !! WOW !!…It should be no surprise to you that Apostolic Christianitys' ministry was presided over by Jesus and consisted of his teachings of the gospel of the kingdom in conjunction with toracal law…It gets its name distinction by virtue of the fact that the apostles were the first to follow….OH ! and by the way they were Jews and so was Jesus…

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 26 2009,23:27)
    If Peter was the firsgt pope then why dont they follow his teaching of baptism in Jesus name and be filled with the Holy Ghost? ad then why cant the priest be married? peter had a mother in law ?

They sprinkle all Infants in ” The name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. That is what they call Baptism. Not according to the Bible. We were Baptized again in 1985 and submerged in Water and the Minister afterwards laid hands on us, and we received the Holy Spirit of God. I said it before that I am forever greatfull to our Heavenly Father, that He called us out of the Catholic Church. Yes, they have so many things that they should not making the Priest do. Is it any wonder that they get crazy and have abused so many young people? No a thousand No's do I understand that now. We used to go to a Priest and ask for forgiveness of our Sins. They cannot do that, only our Father in Heaven can, and we have a Mediator Jesus Christ to go to our Heavenly Father and ask for forgiveness.
    Peace and Love Irene

only God forgivs sins

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 28 2009,14:10)
    only God forgivs sins

You are absolutely right.

Irene

we need to be baptized into the body not sprinkled on as a baby

karmarie
    Participant

God taught me and I just knew there was God-there-with me. That was all. It wasnt confusing.
    Then I read literature that confused me against trinity or for it, and diferent beliefs, and I still get confused.

Who do I pray to/through/? It was easier before.

karmarie
    Participant

There is something what you say makes sense .But then I get confused with what the bible says.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 29 2009,00:35)
    There is something what you say makes sense .But then I get confused with what the bible says.

greetings K…. I to find myself being confused…I have learned that diligent study eventually clears up the confusion…What is key….is that you hold onto the truths you have come to know and understand….The scriptures are confusing by design….It is God who imparts the wisdom that enables us to understand….He will enable your understanding simply because he speaks to us through his word….

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 29 2009,00:31)
    God taught me and I just knew there was God-there-with me. That was all. It wasnt confusing.
    Then I read literature that confused me against trinity or for it, and diferent beliefs, and I still get confused.

Who do I pray to/through/? It was easier before.

You have not proven to yourself that the trinity is wrong?  Let me help you with that.
    It was a man made doctrine, the first Christians did not believed in it.  It was a man called
    Quintus Septimus Florens Tertullian, that first came up with that in A.D. 193.
    Deut. 4:35″ Unto thou it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD is God, there is none beside Him.”

Deut. 5:4 ” Hear O Israel, The LORD our God is one LORD.”

1 Corinth. 8:4 ” And that there is but none other God but ONE.”

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.”

John 14:28 …for my Father is greater than I.”

These are very good Scriptures that shows us that there is no trinity.  Not 3in1.  We have a Lady that has that users name, and Her name is Mandy.  She has an article about the trinty, that you might look up too.

Even tho we have all these Scriptures that proves it wrong, for those that want not to belief, will never will.  I think that God has to open your eyes.  Some are just blinded by the world around them.  
    Good luck to you and be happy the LORD God
    loves you, and wants you to understand, I have that feeling.
    Worship belongs to our Heavenly Father and I pray to Him, in our Mediators name, the Son of God.  
    Peace and Love Irene

karmarie
    Participant

I can understand that, about Jesus the mediator between man and God. Thanks Irene

I can also see JNFC post, how…God is Spirit
    Jesus a man.
    Gods spirit went into the body of Jesus
    God in the flesh.

Is this what you mean JNFC?

I thought about the verse that says …my Father is greater than me
    Well I could get that, Jesus could of meant The spirit of God in me is greater than me”
    And when Jesus prayed he was speaking to Gods spirit within,
    And then theres the part that says…one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in all. Gods spirit in us.
    And hear Isreal the Lord is one. And how God alone created the universe and earth, yet Jesus was there creating too. .

I will think more about it thanks. That is interesting.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 29 2009,09:35)
    I can understand that, about Jesus the mediator between man and God. Thanks Irene

I can also see JNFC post, how…God is Spirit
                                               Jesus a man.
                                               Gods spirit went into the body of Jesus
                                               God in the flesh.

Is this what you mean JNFC?

I thought about the verse that says …my Father is greater than me
    Well I could get that, Jesus could of meant The spirit of God in me is greater than me”
    And when Jesus prayed he was speaking to Gods spirit within,
    And then theres the part that says…one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in  all.   Gods spirit in us.
    And hear Isreal the Lord is one. And how God alone created the universe and earth, yet Jesus was there creating too. .

I will think more about it thanks. That is interesting.

The thing is tho that Jesus before He became a man, He preexisted His Birth. These are the Scriptures that prove it.

Col, 1:15-17
    Rev. 3:14
    and of course
    john 1:1

John 17:5 Jesus Himself tells us that He had a glory with the Father before the world was, and wants it back. I believe that He was a Spirit being. Because that is what He is now.
    So when you say Jesus a man it is true, and yes He did receive God's Holy Spirit just like we do at Baptism. But about Jesus being God, I don't know how you mean that? God in John 1:1 is a title. They both had other names. The Father is Jehovah and the Sons name is YEshua. I don't remember where I got this information, but the translators were so in Awe of our Heavenly Father that they did not want to misspell His name and they came up with LORD. When you see LORD in capital letters it is the Father. And when it is Lord it is Jesus.

I don't think that Jesus meant that only the Spirit of God was in Him. He is a literal begotten Son of God and just like there is a Spirit in man, so Jesus has a Spirit and the Fathers Spirit. We too have Gods Holy Spirit. If we did not have it, we could not understand the things of God.

All of this is a little confusing, and it took me some time too understand it. So give yourself time, You know this just came to my mind, that we are eating meat now rather then just milk. We are growing in the Spirit of God and some times we have growing pains.
    Peace and Love Irene

karmarie

I would say u do see what I mean

karmarie
    Participant

Thanks Irene, Theodore and JNFOC.

karmarie
    Participant

Its confusing sometimes.

right but once revieled you'll understand the Godhead

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 29 2009,22:05)
    Its confusing sometimes.

Why don't you ask us a question, if you are confused about something. I will be glad to try to answer any Question you have. Also my Husband has a good understanding of the Scriptures and if I ask Him something He always knows. So you have every opportunity to do so.
    Peace and Love Irene

no person always knows even my former pastor said, “if I claim to know it all I'm a lier” :p

what does apostolic mean?

where are the apostolics?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account