AntiChrist is here

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 151 total)
  • Author
    Mandy
    Participant

Well Nick, I might as well go out and kill myself then huh?

I'm nothing but a lying, wicked antichrist who was among you.

I'm all that because I'm asking questions you cannot answer.

By the way, I'm not asking these questions to stump you or to be wicked, I'm genuinely asking these questions and I'm seeing that you do not have the answer. Don't think that hasn't shaken me more than the name calling of being an anitchrist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    It is fine to question every aspect of everything.
    But doubts should not lead us to either attack God or His plan or his Christ.
    Such doubts are better not expressed till they are resolved by further time and study.

God is listening and watching.

kejonn
    Participant

I guess I was not the only one to pick up on the “antichrist” thread posted in the believers section. Your ploy is transparent, and might I add, deplorable, Nick. Rather than help her with answers, you turn to the tactic of fear-mongering with certain scriptural passages. In the process, you don't realize that you may be turning Mandy further away than closer to.

You insist that one comes to the realization that Jesus did not match the prophesies of the coming Jewish Messiah that they are “attacking God”. Not so. The only “God” that would be supposedly “attacked” would be the silent “God the Father” of the NT.

It is sad when all you can do is use fear. And telling of your character.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 28 2008,04:49)
    Hi mandy,
    Such doubts are better not expressed till they are resolved by further time and study.  

How can doubts be resolved if they can not be expressed to those that may be able to help resolve them?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim4,
    Go ahead and help.
    Unfortunately doubts block acceptance of truth.
    Mark 9:24
    And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

kejonn
    Participant

Mar 9:25 When Jesus saw that a crowd was rapidly gathering, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “You deaf and mute spirit, I command you, come out of him and do not enter him again.”

Very odd. Was Jesus wanting an audience?

kejonn
    Participant

Actually, doubt is probably a better path to truth. Blind faith has led others to drink poisoned Kool-Aid, give 1000s of $$ to swindlers, etc.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 28 2008,06:40)
    Hi tim4,
    Go ahead and help.
    Unfortunately doubts block acceptance of truth.
    Mark 9:24
    And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Hi Nick,

My question was to your statement that “doubts are better not expressed.”

You said “Unfortunately doubts block acceptance of truth.”

Jesus had doubts. All of his desciples had doubts and they lived with Him and saw first hand who He was and what He could do. Should you be so biased against those who doubt?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim 4,

To receive one needs belief

Matthew 13:58
    And He did not do many miracles there because of their unbelief.

kejonn
    Participant

Wow, it seems that people can overtake the power of God. So I guess the lack of similar miracles in modern times is due to a lack of belief in the power of God?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 28 2008,04:49)
    Hi mandy,

I haven't attacked God.

I haven't attacked his plan (do you know his full plan? I sure don't).

I haven't attacked his Christ because I'm not certain that Jesus is his Christ. What I am attacking are the obvious errors of the bible.

But you prefer to nod and agree that the emperor is wearing clothes, even while he is butt-naked! You see the elephant in the room but choose to walk around him. You know the obvious struggle that I am having reconciling scriptures and yet you would rather banter back and forth instead of get to the heart of the matter. I'm only left to assume that you are fearful to look the errors in the eye. I can appreciate that, but I want to look at the errors. I want to find the truth and worship God in spirit and in truth. God knows this, thankfully.

Yes, God is listening and watching……..what will he think of your witness? What will he think of your defense of his Son, in the manner you are defending him (read: giving no answers or defense at all)? And how well do you think you are doing at upholding the weaker brethren? I wonder what God is thinking when he hears his stronger child call a weaker child the antichrist!? Yes, he's watching and listening Nick. He has his eyes and ears on you, too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    Do you need absolute proof of these matters before you can believe them?
    Like putting your hand in his side?

Mandy
    Participant

Thomas had that luxury……he said he wouldn't believe otherwise. Jesus knew he needed more proof and he gave it to him. We don't have this luxury today.

I don't need absolute proof because I don't beleive that exists. I do need honest answers, preferrably in english of the non-riddle variety.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    You are not a spirit.
    The spirit of antchrist is bothering quite a few now.
    Not a good idea to jump in with them as their path is away from truth.

Mandy
    Participant

But what is the truth?

What is the truth of the second coming, Nick? Tell me, for God's sake and mine, tell me!

“Test all things.” Have you tested the second coming? Is it true? If so, tell me where I can find this truth and I will believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mandy,
    We are not oracles and are not interested in just having scripture opposed.
    Please search for yourself.

Mandy
    Participant

You are not prepared in season or out of season, are you Nick.

I am asking you why you believe. You have no answer?

Please continue to study for yourself.

Mandy
    Participant

This is ridiculous, actually – I am asking for scripture so that I CAN believe. If you were able to produce scripture regarding the second coming, I certainly wouldn't oppose it, I would joyfully accept it.

Face it Nick, you're grasping for anything at this point to not have to say you don't know, or worse, that the scripture/teaching is not a biblical one but you choose to believe it anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    Do you agree with Peter that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God?

Mandy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 28 2008,16:17)
    Hi Mandy,
    Do you agree with Peter that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God?

I used to, without question.

I want to, but now I have a few questions that cannot be answered.

My honest answer: I'm testing it and so far it is failing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 151 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account