Adieu!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Nick,

Not so. Paul was teaching things totally foreign to them. It had nothing to do with hating God but not liking it when someone taught that the Torah was unnecessary. Observant Jews love the Torah and see it as a way to honor God.

You seem to be of the mindset that everybody who is outside of Christianity hates God because they don't serve Him in Christian way.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Then they should listen to Christ in Paul.
    So should we.

kejonn
    Participant

If someone came to you from another religion, would you listen to them? To the people of Jesus' day, Paul was mixing some elements with paganism in with the message of Judaism. He was not teaching Torah, so why would you expect the Jews to listen to him?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Make up your mind.
    Either Paul was a messenger of God's or a liar.
    I think God makes it pretty plain he was serving Him and not Satan.

But to the rebellious Jews Christ and Paul are stumbling stones.

Son of Light
    Participant

factor in the evidence that supports the nazarenes were a branch of the essenes.

they would have had a different understanding of the torah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 22 2008,11:41)
    Nick,

Not so. Paul was teaching things totally foreign to them. It had nothing to do with hating God but not liking it when someone taught that the Torah was unnecessary. Observant Jews love the Torah and see it as a way to honor God.

You seem to be of the mindset that everybody who is outside of Christianity hates God because they don't serve Him in Christian way.

Hi KJ,
    How would you like it if you had a covenant with God that you were relying on and someone comes along and says that there is a better way?

We gentiles had no such deal and thus should have grasped it like the dying men we were.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,18:57)
    Hi KJ,
    Make up your mind.

OR

Paul was doing the best he could with what he was lead to teach. He just happened to pull in some stuff that was outside of the realm of Judaism.

Do you think that anyone has been inspired by God since the writer of John?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,19:46)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 22 2008,11:41)
    Nick,

Hi KJ,
    How would you like it if you had a covenant with God that you were relying on and someone comes along and says that there is a better way?

We gentiles had no such deal and thus should have grasped it like the dying men we were.

So are you saying it is perfectly acceptable for Jews to ignore the NT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 22 2008,12:53)

Hi KJ,
    Make up your mind.

OR

Paul was doing the best he could with what he was lead to teach. He just happened to pull in some stuff that was outside of the realm of Judaism.

Hi KJ,
    So pure and saltwater came from the mouth of Paul?

James 3:12
    Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

If so you must truth none of his teachings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    I am happy with what God has provided for us.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,19:56)

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 22 2008,12:53)

Hi KJ,
    Make up your mind.

OR

Hi KJ,
    So pure and saltwater came from the mouth of Paul?

James 3:12
    Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

If so you must truth none of his teachings.

“truth none of his teachings”?

?

In any case, if someone teaches mostly truth but lets his own bias creep in, should we discard all of that person's teachings? Seems like you are saying that. That being the case, since you have shown to be wrong from time to time, should I now ignore every thing else you say?

NickHassan
    Participant

oops
    “truth none of his teachings”?
    should be
    ACCEPT AS TRUTH NONE OF HIS TEACHINGS

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    I do not care how you regard me
    but you give offense to God when you judge his servants such as Paul.

Paul did acknowledge that he had his opinions and certain traditions
    and they are recorded as such but he was a fountain of God's wisdom in Christ.

kejonn
    Participant

That's hogwash Nick. You're everything or nothing attitude leaves no room for growth. You say either Paul must be all right or all wrong. I simply say Paul was all human, and that with his humanity came his own failings. Maybe his thorn was that he held on to pagan things he had learned and wanted to incorporate them into the his teachings? We will not know but the sooner you realize that humans make mistakes — inspired as they think they are — the more people on here will not get weak in their faith when errors are pointed out.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,20:37)
    Hi KJ,
    I do not care how you regard me
    but you give offense to God when you judge his servants such as Paul.

That's hogwash too Nick. In fact, I think God understands we will know that these people are people and not God. Or are you saying Paul is perfect?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Then build on sand.
    If he is a liar then nothing he said is relevant.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2008,20:43)
    Hi KJ,
    Then build on sand.
    If he is a liar then nothing he said is relevant.

You're odd Nick. You think that people either tell the truth or they lie. It is not that simple.

OK Nick, let's play your game. Since you have been shown to be wrong from time to time, each time you must have been lying. Since you have lied, then we must assume that everything else you say is a lie. Thus you have lied in 20000+ posts.

You're quite habitual in your lying Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Is there anything false among the teachings of the bible?

kejonn
    Participant

Only God knows for certain. There are many schools of thought pertaining to several areas, and it really depends where you fall in those. I used to believe in inerrency and infallibility, but such lead me to stifled growth and a load of unanswered questions. Then God showed me that the people who wrote the bible were human, just like me. Since I know I am not perfect and subject to say things that may not match God's character although I think they do, why am I to automatically assume that the ones who wrote the bible where perfect in all they did and wrote? No, I cannot believe they purposely wrote things that were not true, but that does not mean that they did not write things that were not true regardless.

I've said things teaching SS class I felt were 100% spot-on only to later discover they were not.

Your attitude can only lead to a depressing road. One of these days you will either relax the idea that the bible is 100% without error or lose your faith. I chose the former so I would not give up on my God. You may disagree but I've seen it happen already to know it is not a strong possibility.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Sounds like you need a time of refreshment from the Spirit of God.
    He wrote the bible through men and can help you read it.
    God has promised the Spirit to those who ask.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account