Adieu!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Is 1:18
    Participant

Thank you Ma'am.

Participant

I see the HN believers have been dubbed the “fundies” over there…

:p

In my experience these new forums either take off or die a slow (and sometimes quick) death. There is a honeymoon period where everyone loves eachother, and think “our point of difference is that we are all truth seekers here and isn't it great that in this site everyone gets along”. The irony is this harmony is the eventual source of people losing interest in the site. It's contention that fuels enthusiam in visiting the forum usually, especially for men who are competitive by nature. Woman can survive on the nicites and platitudes for longer but men quickly bore of them and crave argument. I predict it won't be long until that site is just like this one, perhaps more acrimoneous. Either that or it will will die.

kenrch
    Participant

They come here for their arguments then go back and talk about how “closed minded” we “Christians” are? I confess they are right about that with me. I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I will not allow doubt to enter my mind. As I said when you do then you are asking Jesus to leave.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 19 2008,14:13)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,23:11)
    So with that, I ask that you would all forgive me for coming into your virtual place of fellowship like a bull in a China shop. I will not be posting here anymore unless I have something to encourage with. I will stop by kejonn's board from time to time because he invited me, but I leave here because I came uninvited. After all, the first sentence on the frontpage of the site says “Heaven Net is a website that is dedicated to encouraging believers in Christ to rise up and fight the good fight of faith.”

Adieu!

Encouraging?

???

Not really, but this was the thread I started to say good-bye and others have used it to slam Mandy, Tim, and Kejonn. If you have something against them take it to PM or something or start another thread. If you have something against me, you can email me.

Therefore, posting something in the thread I started doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Really, you Christians are showing your true colors. Its a good thing WWJD faded out because its quite apparent many Christians don't know what Jesus would do. Or maybe this would be his behavior?

kenrch
    Participant

There goes the china! :laugh:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Mock on
    2 Chronicles 36:16
    But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

You work of division here is wasted.

Towshab
    Participant

Like I said Ken, I started this thread so I reserve the right to come back and post in it. I'm not going to say anything about the qualifications of King Messiah, the Gt, or anything but I didn't like people using the thread to slam those who aren't fundy to their undies.

Towshab
    Participant

You call yourselves messengers of G-d? The you need to read G-d's supposed message in this thread and see if its a message worthy of Him.

Participant

The point I was making was you said this:

So with that, I ask that you would all forgive me for coming into your virtual place of fellowship like a bull in a China shop. I will not be posting here anymore unless I have something to encourage with. I will stop by kejonn's board from time to time because he invited me, but I leave here because I came uninvited. After all, the first sentence on the frontpage of the site says “Heaven Net is a website that is dedicated to encouraging believers in Christ to rise up and fight the good fight of faith.”

Adieu!

And then in the very next post you wrote this:

Yes, I feel so exposed. Sad you place so much importance of “exposing” someone on an internet forum. You will sleep well tonight knowing you are such a good Christian PI.

…which wasn't intended to “encourage” as I see it. You said your goodbyes Towshab, why don't you just keep your word and leave?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is.1.18,
    He got his heavy thing caught in the door?

Participant

Matthew 18:6
    but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

This kind of heavy thing?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    Seems like it.
    And that is the better option.

Participant

Yes, it is. But I personally hope that Towshab repents of his unbelief, and the grievious sin of being a stumbling block in the lives of others. He could be useful for Yeshua one day.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
    sure.
    Paul was such a thorn in Christ

Participant

Exactly.

Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 20 2008,08:34)
    Really, you Christians are showing your true colors. Its a good thing  WWJD faded out because its quite apparent many Christians don't know what Jesus would do. Or maybe this would be his behavior?

I think people need to realise that Towshab's modus operandi was to write posts designed to antagonise others, to provoke them to anger (e.g. refer to his taunting posts in the 'Mandy' thread – pgs 23-26 in particular) and when Christians like Kenrch reacted in anger he would often follow up with comments like these:

“Leave it to Ken to show the true nature of Christian love.”
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;st=190

“Keep it up Ken. Right now, you're helping me in showing the true nature of Jesus. You are doing more damage to Christian faith than  ever have. Thanks for the help.”
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;st=260

Low grade behavior.

Towshab, I hope you keep your word and leave (unless, of course you write encouragingly – if you are capable of that.). The forum will be better off. You need to learn to show others some respect and not manipulate their emotions.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 19 2008,13:49)
    You know Kejonn, when Towshab started a thread about leaving he wrote his post and he left (it's early days yet though, I guess). I remember you doing the same thing, making a big song and dance about leaving the forum and signing off for the last time, but you are still here posting pretty much every day. What's the deal?

Well, I said I was taking a break, not leaving for good. Which was back in October 07. I was troubled about stuff I was finding out when I was looking into the OT during a time of heavy debate in the pre-existence thread.

Besides, what does it matter to you Is 1:18? What are you people? You seem so concerned about the belief of others on here. Why? As I told Ken, my faith is my business. If you don't like what I believe, who cares? And who cares if I come back and post 100 posts a day? Is it any concern of yours?

Strangely, you've not been on here much lately but what time you have you've been going after people, not debating subjects. What exactly is your goal here?

Seriously folks, quit focusing on what people believe and make a case for what you believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Jan. 19 2008,14:13)

Adieu!

Encouraging?

???

Not really, but this was the thread I started to say good-bye and others have used it to slam Mandy, Tim, and Kejonn. If you have something against them take it to PM or something or start another thread. If you have something against me, you can email me.

Therefore, posting something in the thread I started doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Really, you Christians are showing your true colors. Its a good thing  WWJD faded out because its quite apparent many Christians don't know what Jesus would do. Or maybe this would be his behavior?

Hi Tow,
    Simon magus was rebuked firmly
    and repented.
    Acts 8
    18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

19Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

23For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.

24Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the LORD for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.

kejonn
    Participant

IS 1:18,

Your last post proves my point. You attack Tow's attitude rather than addressing the points he brought up. Do that instead if you have a strong case. You remind me of a politician who would rather sling mud than address the issues.

If people could do that, perhaps you'd be able to help Mandy, Tim, and I see the same truth you do.

Participant

The point Tow brought up was this:

I addressed it, spelling out some home truths for him. I estimate that I have addressed scriptural issues in perhaps 90% of my 2000+ posts Kejonn. Your accusation is not fair nor accurate.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account