Adieu!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

As a liberal Jewish friend recently warned me, it is not a Jewish person's job to go to another's place and question their faith, regardless of what that faith is. I thought about this and said to myself “ah, I am not a Jew”. But a recent post here has shown me why my friend's words were true. If someone comes to me that is one thing, but to intrude where I do not belong reflects poorly on my relationship with G-d. I thought I was doing G-d a service by helping people see fallacies, but I forgot what pain it caused me to “lose my religion” and not think that others may not be mentally and spiritually strong enough due to other circumstances in their life to face these things.

So with that, I ask that you would all forgive me for coming into your virtual place of fellowship like a bull in a China shop. I will not be posting here anymore unless I have something to encourage with. I will stop by kejonn's board from time to time because he invited me, but I leave here because I came uninvited. After all, the first sentence on the frontpage of the site says “Heaven Net is a website that is dedicated to encouraging believers in Christ to rise up and fight the good fight of faith.”

Adieu!

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, this Adieu makes me sad. I don't want you to leave because of me?

Please don't get me wrong – I cry and fuss and fume – but I'm still glad that I am searching! I am one of those children who needs to see what's around the corner. I need to ask questions and find answers. But to do this, I need people who are objective in my life. What use is a religion if no one questions it? Even the disciples were sharpened by the questions. Why else would Jesus have asked them, “Who do you say that I am?”. Wouldn't Christians want the Muslims to question their religion? Don't the Christians want the JW's to question their religion? It seems that within this tiny group of believer's no one wants to question their own unique set of beliefs! Some folks remain closed-off to anything new, that is their loss. Had I been such a person, I would never have questioned the Trinity and found out that it was a false teaching. Would the non-Trinitarians on this board be happy if I never questioned the Trinity? I would think they would not be – they would have wanted me to question THAT. Why? Because the majority here don't believe it either.

It's human nature to want everyone in line with what you believe. But this is not the real world around us. Just look to how many religions we can count and that tells you that not everyone believes the same.

I do commend you, Tow, for looking into what makes this place hum (belief in Christ and the encouragement of that belief), and decide that it is maybe not the place for you. Re-evaluating your purpose here took some courage to ponder. I admire your willingness to give-up something that you enjoy for the sake of your witness to God and others.

Most will be happy to see you go, I'm sorry to say. However that will not be the case with me. I have been a sheltered Christian all my life. In 2003 some dear JW's came to my door and told the Trinity wasn't true. I've been seeking the truth ever since. How am I to know what the truth is if I stay in a place where everyone believes the same thing? I'm thinking it's time for me to leave HeavenNet as well. I know everyone is well intentioned, but it seems I'm the baby sister whom everyone wants to shelter, and sometimes that prevents me from going around the corner and seeing what is there. I need to see what is there. I need to search God out for myself.

Tow, I hope you will do more than check in once in a while over at Kejonn's site. I am going to participate more and more over there, and only lurk here. I really enjoy the folks that are over there too. It's moving faster than it was in the beginning and I think it will catch on even more.

I think t8 and Nick do a fabulous job with this site. I've enjoyed it sooooooooooooooooooooo much, I can't even tell you. And everyone here has meant so much to me. Thanks, everyone. I know it makes the majority uncomfortable that I am searching and so I will try and lurk and read as much as I can. I don't need to post to learn. Take care everyone and remember the best thing we can do for one another is to love one another with words and with our actions. I sure love you all.

Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,23:11)
    As a liberal Jewish friend recently warned me, it is not a Jewish person's job to go to another's place and question their faith, regardless of what that faith is. I thought about this and said to myself “ah, I am not a Jew”. But a recent post here has shown me why my friend's words were true. If someone comes to me that is one thing, but to intrude where I do not belong reflects poorly on my relationship with G-d. I thought I was doing G-d a service by helping people see fallacies, but I forgot what pain it caused me to “lose my religion” and not think that others may not be mentally and  spiritually strong enough due to other circumstances in their life to face these things.

So with that, I ask that you would all forgive me for coming into your virtual place of fellowship like a bull in a China shop. I will not be posting here anymore unless I have something to encourage with. I will stop by kejonn's board from time to time because he invited me, but I leave here because I came uninvited. After all, the first sentence on the frontpage of the site says “Heaven Net is a website that is dedicated to encouraging believers in Christ to rise up and fight the good fight of faith.”

Adieu!

Tow
    You have worked hard and earned a crop.
    Now exit stage left dragging a heavy millstone.

Tow Good Bye and good luck. At kejonn's place who knows some Muslims might join, there is a place for them already. Then you can convince them to join your belief you have done a good job here.

Will pray for you, tho

Peace and Love Mrs. :blues: :blues:

Mandy I went to kejonn's place and you have become a member there. I hate to see you go, but good luck to you. I will pray for you too.

Peace and Love Mrs. :blues: :blues:

I hate to say this, but I want to clear the Air. I find it rather ironic and that is all I am going to call it, but to go to a new place is one thing, but to talk about us on there is another. I have acknodledged that I still have Pride and am working on that. But who are you Gen to judge some of us. And Mandy you thinking He is a breath of fresh air? Oh, well.
    I am very sad tonight because of it. And that is all.
    Peace and Love Irene

I wish you both good luck.

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Not3in1
    Participant

Irene,
    Believe it or not folks can belong to many different sites, that doesn't mean that they are loyal to one and disloyal to the other. I've been a member over on Kevin's site for a while now, however I still enjoy it here. Is that OK? Or do I have to choose? As for the talking about HeavenNet over on the other site, if you took time to read all my posts you would have also read that I commend the members here as well. Besides, nothing is said there that isn't said here. You mustn't just read snippets and make quick judgement calls. It's not a bad site. It's a more liberal site where folks are free to question things that are considered taboo here. As I said, I enjoy it there for obvious reasons and I also really enjoy it here.

Don't be sad. There is really no reason to be sad. Be happy that we all love God and are searching him out because we want more of him! :)

Mandy I did not just read snippets I read the whole tread where Gen is making that comment. Are you saying He did not say that? That would not be true. You were talking about Ken, Timothy called Him a jerk and Gen said that I and Laurel were puffed up with Pride. Anybody can go on there and check it out. I have nothing against the site itself, just did not like to be talked about in that way. You are trying to minimize what was said. I will never be sad that all love God, but I am sad when anybody denies my Savior Jesus Christ. And keyonn has done so. I don”t really know for sure what you believe about Jesus? I don't think you really know right now and are searching. I have found Him and God and Jesus lives in me. You can search I don't think anybody minds you doing so here either. But don't expect us who belief in Jesus to understand that. You want us to respect your feelings, but you also have to respect ours on that, it goes both ways. Ken is not a bad person either, He has worried so much about you, he send me so many P.M. But most of all we have loved you, in spite of what others say at kejonn's. We have prayed for you for a long time now. AND THAT'S WHY I have been so sad now for awhile already. I will continue to pray for all.
    Peace and Love Mrs.IM4Truth

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 19 2008,05:16)

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 18 2008,23:11)
    As a liberal Jewish friend recently warned me, it is not a Jewish person's job to go to another's place and question their faith, regardless of what that faith is. I thought about this and said to myself “ah, I am not a Jew”. But a recent post here has shown me why my friend's words were true. If someone comes to me that is one thing, but to intrude where I do not belong reflects poorly on my relationship with G-d. I thought I was doing G-d a service by helping people see fallacies, but I forgot what pain it caused me to “lose my religion” and not think that others may not be mentally and  spiritually strong enough due to other circumstances in their life to face these things.

Adieu!

Tow
    You have worked hard and earned a crop.
    Now exit stage left dragging a heavy millstone.

How much more bitter and unpleasant could you be?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    What you plant you reap.
    It is scientific.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 19 2008,19:49)
    Mandy I did not just read snippets I read the whole tread where Gen is making that comment. Are you saying He did not say that? That would not be true. You were talking about Ken, Timothy called Him a jerk and Gen said that I and Laurel were puffed up with Pride. Anybody can go on there and check it out. I have nothing against the site itself, just did not like to be talked about it that way. You are trying to minimize what was said. I will never be sad that all love God, but I am sad when anybody denies my Savior Jesus Christ. And keyonn has done so. I don”t really know for sure what you believe about Jesus? I don't think you really know right now and are searching. I have found Him and God and Jesus lives in me. You can search I don't anybody minds you doing so here either. But don't expect us who belief in Jesus to understand that. You want us to respect your feelings, but you also have to respect ours on that, it goes both ways. Ken is not a bad person either, He has worried so much about you, he send me so many P.M. But most of all we have loved you, in spite of what others say at kejonn's. We have prayed for you for a long time now. AND THAT'S WHY I have been so sad now for awhile already. I will continue to pray for all.

Ah! What a privilege it is to be recognized in the enemy's camp!

I would really be in trouble if they spoke well about me. No one likes it when some one makes them face the truth.

People bounce from one denomination to another to find the truth.
    Then if not satisfied they begin to look elsewhere. To the cults who like the denominations have truth enough to bring you in just like the other denominations.

Always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.
    Every religion, cult, or whatever will at one time require FAITH.

Heb 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith requires that you believe what you have not seen. Not one “who needs to see” around the corner. Blessed are those who have NOT seen but believe, Jesus said.

See if you have faith then you realize what Jesus said is true, “The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN you” Not in the words of man
    or another religion.

Answers the “other camp” is looking for will evade them. Man has no answers weather they be scholars or not.

Jesus said I stand at the door and knock! You can't Have Jesus and NOT have Jesus. You can't serve two masters.

You can't be wrong “searching out God” If you have Jesus then God and His Kingdom are within you. However when you allow doubt to come in then you ask Jesus to leave.

Mandy has gotten to a point where she doesn't know if Jesus is real because she has allowed doubt to come in. When I saw the doubting questions she kept asking I had to respond. She like those who gave her doubt was spreading doubt AND in a place that was “What I thought” to be free from doubting Jesus!

Some can't wait till I leave others don't know what to believe. But know this I'm not going no where until I'm told….Or kicked off.

Smother you Mandy was never my intentions, just wanted to point you back to the LIGHT and Faith you once had.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone! But I will never be Sorry for Defending Jesus!

Quote (kenrch @ Jan. 19 2008,22:17)

Mandy I did not just read snippets I read the whole tread where Gen is making that comment. Are you saying He did not say that? That would not be true. You were talking about Ken, Timothy called Him a jerk and Gen said that I and Laurel were puffed up with Pride. Anybody can go on there and check it out. I have nothing against the site itself, just did not like to be talked about it that way. You are trying to minimize what was said. I will never be sad that all love God, but I am sad when anybody denies my Savior Jesus Christ. And keyonn has done so. I don”t really know for sure what you believe about Jesus? I don't think you really know right now and are searching. I have found Him and God and Jesus lives in me. You can search I don't anybody minds you doing so here either. But don't expect us who belief in Jesus to understand that. You want us to respect your feelings, but you also have to respect ours on that, it goes both ways. Ken is not a bad person either, He has worried so much about you, he send me so many P.M. But most of all we have loved you, in spite of what others say at kejonn's. We have prayed for you for a long time now. AND THAT'S WHY I have been so sad now for awhile already. I will continue to pray for all.

Ah! What a privilege it is to be recognized in the enemy's camp!

I would really be in trouble if they spoke well about me.  No one likes it when some one makes them face the truth.

People bounce from one denomination to another to find the truth.    
    Then if not satisfied they begin to look elsewhere.  To the cults who like the denominations have truth enough to bring you in just like the other denominations.

Always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.
    Every religion, cult, or whatever will at one time require FAITH.

Heb 11:1  Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith requires that you believe what you have not seen. Not one “who needs to see” around the corner.  Blessed are those who have NOT seen but believe, Jesus said.

See if you have faith then you realize what Jesus said is true, “The kingdom of heaven is WITHIN you”  Not in the words of man
    or another religion.

Answers the “other camp” is looking for will evade them.  Man has no answers weather they be scholars or not.

Jesus said I stand at the door and knock!  You can't Have Jesus and NOT have Jesus.  You can't serve two masters.

You can't be wrong “searching out God” If you have Jesus then God and His Kingdom are within you.  However when you allow doubt to come in then you ask Jesus to leave.

Mandy has gotten to a point where she doesn't know if Jesus is real because she has allowed doubt to come in.  When I saw the doubting questions she kept asking I had to respond.  She like those who gave her doubt was spreading doubt AND in a place that was “What I thought” to be free from doubting Jesus!

Some can't wait till I leave others don't know what to believe. But know this I'm not going no where until I'm told….Or kicked off.

Smother you Mandy was never my intentions, just wanted to point you back to the LIGHT and Faith you once had.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone!  But I will never be Sorry for Defending Jesus!

Hi Ken I agree pretty much with what you say. Except that you are glad that they are talking abouy you. Thats you…….

Hang on, I do not want you to go either. Just don't say anything nasty.

Peace and Love Mrs.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Mandy I did not just read snippets I read the whole tread where Gen is making that comment. Are you saying He did not say that? That would not be true. You were talking about Ken, Timothy called Him a jerk.

Now Mrs., You have missquoted me.
    I never said that Ken was a jerk. In regards to his treatment of Mandy I said that he had been a jerk.

” a: an annoying person b: an unlikable person; especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded.”

That is exactly how I saw Ken's treatment of Mandy.
    Was I the only one?
    Did Ken get all of those colored boxes for no reason?
    I don't understand exactly why Ken became this way with Mandy, but he did. Prior to that I have learned a great deal from Ken and truly respect his knowledge of scriptures and love of God.

I may say that someone had been foolish, or made a foolish mistake in some action, but I would never call them a fool.

Tim

kejonn
    Participant

It is as Tim says.

My site is basically inhabited right now by those who have been made to feel very unwelcome here so you'll just have to realize that our conversation might drift to events over here from time to time. That will fade with time but I will discourage such talk from this point on. My apologies to those who have been offended.

Ken has often drug my name into conversations to slander me here. Do you also want to address that Mrs? Don't play favorites just because they are on “your team”.

Tim. You still called Him a jerk in what circumstances that really does not matter, you got involved in their conversation about Ken. You say that I am saying that because He is on my team, that is so ridiculous. Any body that wants to be my friend, I accept. Ken has hurt me too, in the beginning, but He apologized. He apologized to all, and that was criticized also. We all make mistakes and we should be slow to judge others. That is all what I am saying. Love one another as I have loved you.
    All that I am doing right now is I am going to pray for all of us, including myself, we all needed. Satan has been very busy, I wish that you would realize that. And you do not even realize how important all this is.

Peace and Love MrsIM4Truth

Quote (kejonn @ Jan. 20 2008,01:07)
    It is as Tim says.

My site is basically inhabited right now by those who have been made to feel very unwelcome here so you'll just have to realize that our conversation might drift to events over here from time to time. That will fade with time but I will discourage such talk from this point on. My apologies to those who have been offended.

Ken has often drug my name into conversations to slander me here. Do you also want to address that Mrs? Don't play favorites just because they are on “your team”.

kejonn Why did Ken mention you, it was because you stopped believing in Jesus. Do you deny that? kejonn that has made me very sad too. And I am not going to judge you. Just explaining, thats all.

Peace and Love Mrs.IM4truth

kejonn
    Participant

Mrs,

My beliefs are my own, you or Ken are not responsible for them. I am not saying you think that, but Ken pulled my name into his posts in an insulting fashion, and not just pertaining to what you said. Ken and I have often butted heads because I called him on his harsh and prideful actions.

Just as Tim said, Ken didn't earn 4 warning blocks for being kind.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 19 2008,10:12)
    He apologized to all, and that was criticized also.

Yes, and justifiably so. He said sorry and then threw in the remark that we were just fulfilling scripture anyway. Apologies with conditions attached are false apologies.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 20 2008,00:24)

Mandy I did not just read snippets I read the whole tread where Gen is making that comment. Are you saying He did not say that? That would not be true. You were talking about Ken, Timothy called Him a jerk.

Now Mrs., You have missquoted me.
    I never said that Ken was a jerk. In regards to his treatment of Mandy I said that he had been a jerk.

” a: an annoying person b: an unlikable person; especially : one who is cruel, rude, or small-minded.”

That is exactly how I saw Ken's treatment of Mandy.
    Was I the only one?
    Did Ken get all of those colored boxes for no reason?
    I don't understand exactly why Ken became this way with Mandy, but he did. Prior to that I have learned a great deal from Ken and truly respect his knowledge of scriptures and love of God.

I may say that someone had been foolish, or made a foolish mistake in some action, but I would never call them a fool.

Tim

Come on guys can't we just get along? NO! And we shouldn't get along!

2Co 6:15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?

But you are right I became a different person since people came to this “Christian” site and began preaching doubt and people started falling. What really got my goat was to go to the “safe place” and do the same. Then deny that they said Jesus was NOT their Saviour. Then after confessing that Jesus was not the Messiah it was ruled that these “Antichrist” are welcome in the “BELIEVERS PLACE”. Gee it seems funny NOW! :laugh:

I must say I never thought I would get in trouble for defending Jesus on a “Christian site”. Just a sign of the times I suppose!

Scripture must be fulfilled so please continue to fulfill it if you wish. Besides as some as said “Ken will be gone soon”. Then you can really have the run of the place! :laugh:

The reason I was so rude with Mandy was because she was posting in the “believers Place” and would not say Jesus is Messiah. But as noted you don't have to be a believer to post in the Believers Place :laugh: Had I known that you “DID NOT HAVE TO BE A BELIEVER IN THE BELIEVERS PLACE” I would not have said anything. Still makes no sense to me…BUT that's just ME!

Funny though now that the ruling came down that you could do as you please you guys want to leave. I guess there's just no “fight” left, huh?

You should hang around another victory is about to happen in your favor. You no longer should pray in JESUS' NAME.

Humm “Christian site”?

OH WELL!
    :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 231 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account