A spirit, once dead, reborn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 315 total)
  • Author

If you failed miserably then it means you may not be born again and it means your teachings of God's word is corrupt.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    What of Simon Magus or did you miss the post?

Nick, I asked you to list the scripture and I would explain it to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I am still awaiting your evidence from parallel scripture verses that show being born of water is natural birth. Surely KJV must contain this evidence because you say it is perfect truth. If it does not confirm this teaching then who should we rely on?

You or the KJV?

Since this is the foundation of your doctrinal teaching you must surely be able to back this idea up because your building must fall if that foundation is shown to lack support. If you cannot find any support then it remains just your idea of truth and it would appear to be off on a tangent from truth.

Common sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Not everyone 's commonsense is the same.
    My commonsense says that God is bigger that the KJV,
    but yours may say that God only uses the KJV to speak to man.

We need to find a platform we can both stand on if we are to truly dialogue surely?

Nick, we are all given common sense. You cannot tell me you cannot see that man, who is mostly water, who is born in a sack of water, is not made of water. Nick, we are mostly water. What happens if we do not replenish our water? We die. Common Sense.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I agree we need commonsense to help grasp scripture. The basics are written for children to grasp so simplicity is the key.

But we do not form doctrines from commonsense or we are shown to be of the world, and our wisdom is only that of men. If we serve God we build only on the foundation that He has provided for us to build on as all else is unstable sand.

That foundation is the Word of God that you claim to love. If you love it so much would you not rather build on it rather than human wisdom which is folly in His eyes?

What you perceive we are made of and born in is irrelevant surely if you are a man of God, trusting in the Word?

Yes Nick and I it is that trust that has led me to such wonderful understanding of his word. Yet, only in part. For what man can fathom all the knowledge of God. The Holy Spirit opens up God's word and reveals so much to me and I just become completely amazed that so great a God would reveal his word to me, a sinner. I don't deserve to know these things, but he gives them to me anyway. His blessings come to me through his word. I love this blessing. I love him so dearly. I know with all of my heart that he is God. I know sometimes you think I don't love you, but I do. If I did not, I would not be of the faith.

Anyway, seriously Nick, we are made of water. If we don't drink water we die. That is what that part of scripture means. Pray about it. The lord said it in that fashion for a reason and it was revealed to me why. No place in scripture does it say Adam and Eve will be saved. And why should they, for they caused the fall of all mankind.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So you have come here, like Paul went to the other apostles,to share your understandings so you can gain some confidence from other brothers that what you have received is pure

or are you more like Apollos and the rest of us who have you come to purify that understanding from the reflections of others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Show us scripture
    Show us scripture
    Show us scripture.

Do not continue to waste time with human understandings.

Nick, I came to do God's will. Those who he choses to reveal his word to will understand. Those he does not, he won't. I believe he is working on you Nick. I don't know your heart, only God knows your heart. Yet, your arguments are not against me Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Then why don't you just show us your love of scripture by teaching from it, from it alone, and claimimg no spiritual knowledge except from what is written.
    That is what men of God do.

Nick, how much scripture do you need. I post scripure after scripture. Are you blind?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    It is all a matter of degree. Of course I am blind. I have much to learn and know almost nothing.

Are you not blind?

Those who claimed they could see and were yet blind that raised the ire of the Master.

That is why you have to teach us from what we can know is true and that is the Word of God.

Nick, there is a difference between teaching someone who is honest in wanting to be taught the things of the Lord, then teaching someone who argues with skepticism and using knowledge attained comes from sources that are contrary to the faith. If you were of God you would know the things of God.

1 Tim 6:3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

4 He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Keep loading up the judgements on us if it makes you happy but do not forget to check the mirror too at times.

Nick, I will be the first to admit I am a sinner and guilty of death, but I have an advocate, and in him I have hope. Christ my Lord.

This post in part goes along with that of the 3 baptisms. It only speaks of salvation or the baptism of salvation. Many have over the years misinterpreted John 3:3-7 as meaning water baptism, but it is not. This scripture is speaking of salvation, which is what saves us. I am writting this so it will be with the 3 baptism because they go hand in hand.

We must be reborn in the spirit to enter into the kingdom of God. This is done by believing in Jesus with all of your heart.

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Acts 14:9 this one was hearing Paul speaking, who, having stedfastly beheld him, and having seen that he hath faith to be saved,

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account