A spirit, once dead, reborn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 315 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You have found no support here among this broadminded group of sincere searchers who love the Word of God and search the scriptures daily that they should follow you and read only KJV.

Does that say anything to you apart from the fact we all must be deceived and you alone have grasped the truth?

Just that what the Lord said.
    Matthew 7:13 “Enter in by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many are those who enter in by it.
    Matthew 7:14 How narrow is the gate, and restricted is the way that leads to life! Few are those who find it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Jesus said
    “I am the gate”

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen. And the gate is not the KJV.

You missed it completely. The Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Word of God is alive and active. It is above any human effort at translation. Those who have the Spirit do not need to claim a perfect transalation becuse that Spirit gives light to the written Word.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 17 2006,23:53)
    Hi H,
    The Word of God is alive and active. It is above any human effort at translation. Those who have the Spirit do not need to claim a perfect transalation becuse that Spirit gives light to the written Word.

Amen. Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.. (2 Cor. 3:6)

The letter killeth it is the Spirit that gives life. A translation is nothing if the Spirit of God is absent.

Sultan,

You quote scripture and you do so wrongly. The scripture you quoted (2 Cor. 3:6) was in reference to the laws of Moses. The letter of the law indeed does kill and those who live by the law will die by the law. When it speaks in Cor., it is means not the physical law, but the spiritual law.

2 Cor. 3:11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

You try to use scripture to reinforce your belief that we do not need God's word. It is with spiritual eyes that the word of God is spiritual. If a man is not spiritual, he is carnal and the word of God is carnal, thus this man is bound under the law of Moses. A man must be born again to see the word of God with spiritual eyes and be led by the spirit into all understanding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    In context the reference is to the word written by the Spirit in us as living ambassadors of the gospel.

Nick, the Holy Spirit will manifest and prove God's word, not disprove or discreidit God's word.

Rev. 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I agree. And the Spirit does not just live in the words of the KJV.

Nick, I believe the KJ to be the infallible word of God. The Lord has revealed so much to me and it has been such a blessing. I have no doubt. I believe very much in the unction of the Holy Spirit and remember the words of our Lord when he was telling the apostles to not to worry about what to say with being put in front of the authorities, for the Holy Spirit would give them the words to say. Yet, the words that would be said would be it is written.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Yes the Words given by the Spirit reflect what is written,
    as the Spirit does not act on His own initiative.

Do not be decieved beloved. A man must be born of water and of spirit to enter the kingdom of God.[John 3:5] So many associate this scripture with water baptism. This is not talking about water baptism at all. It is talking about two births. Physical and Spiritual. When a man is born into this world, he is born in a sack of water, born of water, born of the flesh as it states in verse 6.

In verse 6, it says; 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

It is not difficult to understand that the when Jesus says a man must be born of water, he is referring to physical birth because the very next verse reveals it to be just that.

Yet, why would the Lord word this in such a way? Why would he say a man must be born of water and of spirit to enter into the kingdom of God? Only God knows the answer for sure. Yet think about this. Adam and Eve were not born of water so they will not be saved. That is a fact. For they were created. Did Jesus word it this way so as to prevent them from attaining eternal life? I believe so.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Are we born of flesh or water?
    Wanna bet about Adam and Eve?

Were you born in water Nick? Maybe an egg? LOL. JK.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Water is not flesh.
    “That which is born of flesh is flesh”

sandra
    Participant

KJV was not true! This was a manipulation of scriptural text originating from masoretical (sp), Lisbon, CIA document, reveals more truth, CIA CODE BOOK; a0b u6{B{ H6/GVH OH OH6B
    =Y
    45GO H/PY 7U GV9Y'0RHp?g5Y7;9V GBLNOHP89RUJ 25BTGV9PNYV]8I
    ]54F

Dunno
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ June 06 2006,00:42)
    Since I came to this forum, the only real difference I have had with my brothers and sisters on this site is my stand on the KJ bible. Yet, that will not keep any of us from loving eachother in Christ. I thank God for bringing me hear. He leads me to many places on the net. I have been learning allot from the past posts. Thank you everyone. I believe it is our unity through the Holy Spirit that brings us to one accord, as did those in the early church.

Anyway, I use this scripture, John 3:3 thru 7 as a litmus test to see how far one is in their spiritual growth or to see of they are of God. I want to know what you all think? Please do not think I am trying to be anything more than what I am, and that is a sinner, for the only good in me comes by my yielding to the will of Jesus. Only when my cup of self will is empty can I truly be filled with the will of Christ.

In verse 3, Jesus is telling Nicodemus except a man be born again, he
    cannot see the kingdom of God………..Now as you examine this, look
    at the word born again. Does it not make sense that to be born again,
    one must first be born. To prove this, examine the next verse.

In verse 4, Nicodemus asks how can a man be born when he is old. Can
    he enter a second time into his mothers womb and be born?……
    The important word to examine here is second…….
    Nicodemus thought Jesus was talking about two physical births, but
    he was not and the proof lies in the next verse.
    In verse 5, Jesus says, except a man be born of water and of spirit,
    he cannot enter into the kingdom of God…….Here our Lord is
    telling of two different births, one by water and one by spirit.
    When we are born into this world, we are born in a sack of water or
    physical birth. Proof that Jesus is talking about physical birth and
    spiritual birth can be found in the next verse.
    In verse 6, Jesus says that which is born of the flesh is flesh and
    that which is born of the spirit is spirit……physical birth,
    spiritual birth
    So if a man, who is dead in spirit doesn't become reborn, he will
    never see the kingdom of God. So when Jesus says a man must be born
    again, he is talking about our dead spirit being born again. The
    above scripture talks of three births. One in the flesh and two in
    the spirit. When we are born into this world, our spirits are born
    dead because of sin and if that spirit is not reborn, we will be
    lost.

hicitc

Wow!
    What a test of doctrine that is!
    Thankfully, I am able to confess that I failed the test miserably.

I was rather startled to read these words of yours, “When we are born into this world, our spirits are born dead because of sin and if that spirit is not reborn, we will be lost.”

No human spirit of man is “born dead” as you say.
    A human spirit is born completely and perfectly innocent.

Here is an awkward illustration:
    A perfectly healthy human being can be born and living in, say, Los Angeles. From the very moment of his birth, this perfectly physical human being is subjected to an assorted mass of poisonous emissions which begin to negatively affect his lungs. This is coupled with the numerous food additives and insecticides (for example) assaulting his physical being every hour of every day. Eventually, the detrimental influences begin to clearly become evident in his physical body and he declines in health.
    In the case of Hiroshima, the citizens there who were apparently living healthy lives were suddenly attacked by effects of nuclear fusion and radon exposure and either evaporated on the spot or died after a few gruesome weeks of futile fight.

Spiritually speaking, it is the same for any human being born on the planet. Their human spirits at birth were to appear in the world as perfect. However, sometimes the 'sins of the fathers' visit upon their children. This is especially true, for instance, if the parents were involved with the occult world. Children are born with their inner-beings spiritually damaged. Sometimes parental neglect or abuse can injure a child's human spirit at a very young age.

We live in a world suffering under the horrible plague of the physical disease named AIDS. But we also live in a world suffering from a degenerative spiritual AIDS too. But this AIDS is known as, Aquired Immune Deficiency of the SPIRIT.

The human spirit is degenerating under the spritual stress and pressures of the “principalities and powers”. This should not surprise us because the Book of Revelation clearly advises us that the powers of Death will hold much deadly influence in these latter days. All one has to ponder is the influence of the media in these days. So much evil is being called good and so much good is being called evil. We are living in a spiritual Hiroshima during these days and the human spirits are increasingly laying waste on the roadside of life as the breath of life is being stolen from them at an alarming pace.

Just something brief to add:

The term “Born Again” is hardly understood by nominal Christianity in these days. Many know it only as something of a 'Fire Insurance' Policy. If I hold fast to this structure of beliefs and that series of ideas and those moral customs and codes, I go to heaven.

But our Gospel is not 'Fire Insurance' … it is LIFE ASSURANCE!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account