A spirit, once dead, reborn

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 315 total)
  • Author

We have not been resurrected as of yet. And will not be resurrected unless first born again, or renewed in the spirit. Adam would have lived forever had he eaten of the tree of life. Yet, he sinned and thus, the tree was removed from his grasp. Yet, by removing the tree is not what caused him to die. What caused him to die is disobedience to God. He disobeyed and in the day he sinned, he became spiritually dead by selling his soul unto sin. He chose to believe Satan instead of God and because of this, Satan took control of his soul. Yet, thanks to Jesus, death was defeated by one who did not sin and yet did die and was raised from the dead.

Heb. 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    If the tree of life was never partaken of
    then why do you say he already had eternal life
    if the life was in partaking of that fruit?

Yes all men serve the prince of the power of the air [Eph 2.1f]till brought out of that kingdom of darkness and into the kingdom of light[Coll 1.13].

All men will be resurrected.[Jn 5.28]
    Perhaps you are referring to the first resurrection?

The first resurrection technically has already happened, yet it is not considered the first resurrection. It was Jesus. He is the resurrection, the life. When he comes again, he will come to claim his bride. Those who have died in Christ first, will be reunited with their bodies, and then those of us who are alive, will in a twinkling of an eye meet them in the clouds. Our mortal will put on immortal. This is the first resurrection spoken of in scripture or more common known as the rapture of the church. This resurrection is for all those who have been saved by the blood of the lamb and the Word of their testimonies.

As for the tree of life, if Adam would not have sinned, he would have partaken of the tree of life and would have lived forever. Yet, because of sin, he did not.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,

You say

“As for the tree of life, if Adam would not have sinned, he would have partaken of the tree of life and would have lived forever. Yet, because of sin, he did not.”

There are unprovable assumptions in that statement

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    “Those who have died in Christ first, will be reunited with their bodies, and then those of us who are alive, will in a twinkling of an eye meet them in the clouds. Our mortal will put on immortal.”

What of those resurrected at the death of Jesus?

Certainly your view seems to align with Stephen's call to Jesus and possibly with Rev 21

” 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.”

Dear Nick,

Those that came out of their graves were not resurrected into their eternal bodies. They were revived and then suffered physical death again. They await the day of resurrection as all who have died in Christ if they were born again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I agree. So where were they prior to their awakening?

There bodies were in the grave and their souls were in the place called death. It is the same place all the souls were held until Jesus set them free. Once set free, the ones who were revived into their earthly bodies was done so as a sign of God's awsome power. These were those who's bodies had not seen corruption, just as it says of our Lord.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    They were disciples?
    Did you not say disciples would be in heaven with Jesus?
    Can death hold disciples?

Matt 27.52f
    ” 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”

I don't believe that they were resurrected in their eternal bodies. For if you study scripture, that resurrection is yet to come. For the dead in Christ will precede those of us who are alive in Christ. It talks of only one prior to this resurrection being resurrected from the dead and that is Jesus. For if that were the case, why would not all the dead in Christ not have received their eternal bodies?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I agree.
    But can you address the questions?

Nick,

I thought I answered your questions. Make a list. Now, if it is something we have already discussed and I have already answered, I will write it's topical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Again.
    “They were disciples?
    Did you not say disciples would be in heaven with Jesus?
    Can death hold disciples?”

Nick,

There is a time when all will be resurrected. That was not the time. If it was the time, then all those who were dead in Christ would have received their eternal bodies. Abraham, Moses and David would have been resurrected. They have not been resurrected. They await the day of resurrection as all who are dead in Christ.

So even if these were believers and it makes sense that they were, for how else could they have been revived if they had not accepted Christ. For all who were dead prior to Jesus were the righteous dead. And when he went to them, they still had to confess with the fruit of their lips that Jesus was the Son of God. Then they were free from death's hold.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I agree because scripture says they were SAINTS.
    But that does not mean I yet understand the process involved in their being raised.

I believe the Lord brought them from the graves as a sign. It was a miracle that showed the awsome power of God in that he resurrected Jesus from the dead. Not only was Jesus resurrected, now you have all these people who were up two a day or two prior in the graves, out walking around as well. The interesting thing would be if they had any memory of being in the place known as death and seeing Jesus' triumphant victory over death as he released them from death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I would have thought the place called death, was the bosom of Abraham, alongside Hades as the two are shown together in Lk 16 and Rev 20.14 and Rev 1.18.

Rev 1.18
    ” 18I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.”

Jeus had the keys to Hades which could not hold him and he told Peter the gates of Hades could not overpower the church
    Matt 16
    ” 18And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. “

So was not Death then only for the OT and we have mansions prepared for us?

Jn 14
    ” 1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

If you read scripture closely, you are correct concerning the bosom of Abraham. Now, in the OT, there is referral to upper and lower hell if I am not mistaken. Upper hell is more common called the bosom of Abraham. And the upper and lower were seperated by a barrier according to the parable of Lazarus and the rich man.

Now, those who die in Christ will go to be with Jesus, but those who die unsaved will go in hell as those who died and were unrighteous.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    True, but there are also pits of deepest darkness and Tartaroo.
    KJV is a problem as it does not differentiate between Hades and the Lake of Fire as it should.
    There is no suggestion that the mansions of Jn 14 are in the bosm of Abraham as I would have thought that was emptied when Jesus preached to the spirits there, as in 1 Peter 3?
    Then there are those souls beneath the altar in Rev 6

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 315 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account