A Lesson In Faith

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Matthew 14:29-31 (King James Version)

29And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

In this scripture Peter serves as an example of how ones faith can be undermined by what is seen if you fail to keep your eyes on what is not seen?

How many of us continually sin in the way Peter did.

Matthew 10:29-31 (King James Version)

29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

30But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

31Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 22 2011,16:02)

29Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

Hi Kerwin,

Do these two ideas go together? (See quote)
    Surly you don't equate little faith with sin, do you?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 22 2011,11:56)

Hi Kerwin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J.

They do as do many other scriptures which also go with them.

Romans 14:23 (King James Version)

23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Faith is like the gas in a car or oil in a lamp.  If there is too little then you end up with no faith before you reach your goal.  That is part of what Jesus was teaching us with the parabel of the ten virgins.

James 1:6-8 (King James Version)

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

ftk
    Participant

Kerwin: The kingdom of heaven is as a mustard seed. To me that is a picture of a small seed (word of God) sown in the garden of our heart if we accept it, that continues to grow and get larger with more truth until it is an immovably large tree, fully established, not easily uprooted.

Faith comes by hearing the words of God. Both physically and spiritually. Faith connects Man with God again as was in the beginning. God and man, ONE in union. Faith is the absolute assurance, without any doubt, that the promises from God are absolute. Faith is knowing the outcome of a promise from God. Faith is absolute assurance that what God says is true!

“Whatsoever is not of faith is sin…..for me is if you believe something is a sin, then it is a sin to you. Its not a sin for me because I believe all sin (wrong thinking that something can separated you from God) is washed away by Jesus, the truth. IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 23 2011,15:06)

Quote (Ed J @ July 22 2011,11:56)

Hi Kerwin,

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Ed J.

They do as do many other scriptures which also go with them.

Romans 14:23 (King James Version)

23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Faith is like the gas in a car or oil in a lamp.  If there is too little then you end up with no faith before you reach your goal.  That is part of what Jesus was teaching us with the parabel of the ten virgins.

James 1:6-8 (King James Version)

6But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Hi Kerwin,

The comparison was “Little Faith” AND NOT WITH 'no faith'!
    Certainly you can see the difference between these two?
    He said this to his disciples. Are you calling them sinful?

God bless

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 24 2011,10:44)
    Hi Kerwin,

The comparison was “Little Faith” AND NOT WITH 'no faith'!
    Certainly you can see the difference between these two?
    He said this to his disciples. Are you calling them sinful?

God bless

Ed J.

Matthew 25

King James Version (KJV)

1Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The virgins that ran out of oil had little oil and thus it was exhausted by burning; so to with Peters faith which was exhausted by the burning of the trial and tribulations of his situation.  

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ July 23 2011,16:32)
    Kerwin:  The kingdom of heaven is as a mustard seed. To me that is a picture of a small seed (word of God) sown in the garden of our heart if we accept it, that continues to grow and get larger with more truth until it is an immovably large tree, fully established, not easily uprooted.

Faith comes by hearing the words of God. Both physically and spiritually. Faith connects Man with God again as was in the beginning. God and man, ONE in union. Faith is the absolute assurance, without any doubt, that the promises from God are absolute. Faith is knowing the outcome of a promise from God. Faith is absolute assurance that what God says is true!

“Whatsoever is not of faith is sin…..for me is if you believe something is a sin, then it is a sin to you. Its not a sin for me because I believe all sin (wrong thinking that something can separated you from God) is washed away by Jesus, the truth. IMO, TK

TK,

To the words you wrote I would like to add that testing can develop perseverance in your faith and thus increase your faith.

I also would like to say some actions are inherently sinful as they violate the law of love while others are sinful because you violate a pledge to God. Paul speaks of the later as being sin only to the person who violates their pledge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account