3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 314 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H
    1Cor 15
    ” 35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.”

And Rom 6
    ” 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:”

The body of sin is planted in water baptism.

1Cor 3
    ” 6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.”

So since the sprinkling of the blood is done by God and not seen then how could Paul be considered to be doing that planting?

So it relates to the gospel and the water baptism done by man and not the inner invisible work of God.

The body of sin is planted in water baptism.

Nick

Notice how he said the body of sin is planted in water. Now let us examine what scripture tell us.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Where does it say anywhere in this scripture that the body of sin is planted in water? It is the body of sin that is destroyed, not by water, but by the blood of the Lamb. Our sins are washed away by the blood that was spilled on the cross.
    Why do believers want to rob salvation of the blood that saves them? Do you not understand the importance of the blood. Without the blood, there would be not remission of sins. What is more important, water or blood? The church for too long has turned it's back on the blood of the lamb. I rebuke all who do this. It is time to change this. For the power is in the blood of the lamb.

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Acts 20:28 Take heed, therefore, to yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the assembly of the Lord and God which he purchased with his own blood.

Romans 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance;

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Hebrews 9:12 nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh: (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
    Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people through his own blood, suffered outside of the gate.

1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 7:14 I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood.

Revelation 12:11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

As for this scripture, you misinterpret it completely. For the truth is not in you. When it speaks of planting and watering, it is speaking of the preaching and teaching of the Word. The increase is the quickening by the Holy Spirit. When the believer understands and believes a verse of scripture, it is written on the fleshly tablets of the heart. So your reference to water is on physical water or water baptism Nick. You need to be saved and find a place of worship, because the doctrine of Nick is not helping you understand or get closer to God.

1Cor 3
    ” 6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Now here is a challenge for you. Take the extraordinary apostle Paul.
    Can you tell us, using just the words of scripture as we should,
    if he was

Baptised in Water
    Baptised in the Spirit.
    Baptised into Christ
    Sprinkled with the blood

and if you could not find all these things written would that affect what you thought of his salvation?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Context
    Context

“Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

In context
    “4Therefore we have been (G)buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was (H)raised from the dead through the (I)glory of the Father, so we too might walk in (J)newness of life.

5For (K)if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

6knowing this, that our (L)old self was (M)crucified with Him, in order that our (N)body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin;

7for (O)he who has died is freed from sin.

8Now (P)if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him”

Death of the old self is the planting of baptism so that ne new body can be reaped.

1Cor 15
    ” 35But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.”
    And Jn 12
    ”  24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.”

Water baptism is the symbolic death of the body, planted for the resurrection body..

Nick, you are trying to change the subject we are discussing.

I will ask it for the fourth time. Is it water or blood that washes away our sins?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    In response to our genuine plea for forgiveness in repentance and faith and obedience
    Shown in submission to water baptism
    God cleanses our inner vessel by the SPRINKLING OF THE BLOOD of the sacrificial Lamb

What we see is external
    The work of God is unseen and internal.

And God has chosen to do His part first, as with Cornelius, showing that cleanliness is in His eyes and we can be washed by the Word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I have a problem and I will need your help here.
    Look at all these scriptures from Acts

” 41Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. “

“12But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.”
    “And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.”

“And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us”

“And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway”
    “And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.”
    “And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.”

You see none of these verse specify which baptism so how am I to know which it is?

david
    Participant

Is it water or blood that washes away our sins?

Is this a trick question? Blood.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    H has a theory that God cleanses everyone who turns to Him in repentant faith whether or not they obey the righteous demands of God and do the works appropriate to repentance such as submission to water baptism.
    As Paul put it in Acts 26
    ” 15And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

16But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

19Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

20But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.”

We should rather obey God than men.
    Acts 5
    ” 29Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.”

Dear brothers and sisters,

There is only one baptism that saves us. Most do not consider salvation baptism, but it is not that hard to figure out that it is if you give up the doctrines of men and believe the Word of God. If a man does not have the baptism of blood, he will not be saved. And this baptism comes only by faith in Jesus Christ. When a man is saved, born again, he is baptized into Christ.

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

There is only one baptism that baptizes us into Christ. This is the baptism of salvation. If you continue reading in Romans 6, it says in verse six that the body of sin is destroyed. It is the by the blood of the Lamb that the body of sin is destroyed. It is not water baptism. The doctrines of men have corrupted the Word of God, but if a man examines the Word closely, word for word, he will come to all truth if the truth is in him.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

This verse that Nick quoted and many misuse is not referring to water baptism, but that of the baptism of blood. What does a man have to do to be saved, call on the name of the Lord. This is the baptism spoken of here. The baptism of salvation by blood. Also, it is the blood of the Lamb that washes away our sins, not water.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Amen

LEVITICUS 17:11
    For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

The life was in the blood of Jesus was the very life of God Himself in His son.
    We are saved by the blood of God.

Yet in every birth natural there is first the breaking of water, followed by the placenta (blood) and then comes life by breathing (spirit)

So every true life spiritual (and there must be life there first – which requires living blood in the one being born – comes forth by water, blood and spirit.

Thank you Malcolm. Wonderful compliment to this thread.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Eph 4.1f
    ” 1I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3Endeavouring to keep the UNITY of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4There is one body,
    and one Spirit,
    even as ye are called in
    one hope of your calling;
    5One Lord,
    one faith,
    one baptism,
    6One God and Father of all,
    who is above all,
    and through all,
    and in you all.

7But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.”

So these verses call for UNITY among believers.

So in what sense is BAPTISM used here?
    In the original sense of the Word
    WATER BAPTISM
    or it would be a glaring omission.

The theory of H is that God does not mean baptism when He writes Baptism
    but instead means something scripture calls SPRINKLING IN THE BLOOD.

In my opinion is an abuse of Sacred Scripture.

He should not prefer hei own theories against the Sword of the Word of God
    if ihe calls himself a servant.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Malcolm,
    You say
    “Yet in every birth natural there is first the breaking of water, followed by the placenta (blood) and then comes life by breathing (spirit)”

The placenta is not blood but it is tissue. It is attached to the inner wall of the womb and attches to the embryo by the umbilical cord. It is the tissue that transports oxygen and nutrients from the mother to the embryo and removes the excreted metabolites.

1Jn 5
    ” 4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith.

5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7For there are three that testify:

8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.”

God requires witnesses here and in heaven to our conversion. Jesus was baptised in water and the Spirit and his own blood was witness to his faith. We can follow him into rebirth by water and the Spirit and God applies the blood of the Lamb to us also as a witness.

There is only one baptism that saves us, that destroys the body of sin and that is the baptism of blood. It is not water that washes away our sins, it is the blood of the lamb. You may believe that it is water that saves us, I will stand on the blood of the lamb and that is the difference between us. For my sins were washed away by the cleansing blood of the lamb. You must believe it is with water, or you would not be arguing against scripture and it you believe it is water, then you cannot be saved. I can only show you the scriptures, I cannot open your heart or your mind. That comes by faith unto salvation. But if you think it will take the water baptism to save you, that is good for the outside of the man in cleaning the skin, but the inside remains the same. It is the inside of the man that needs to change, it is his heart. He must be circumcised in the heart unto salvation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Where is this baptism in the bible?
    “There is only one baptism that saves us, that destroys the body of sin and that is the baptism of blood.”
    Surely you would not change the words of God from sprinkling to baptism? You are a brave man.

I am one who has been sprinkled, baptized into Christ through his blood. The one who is brave is he who makes a mockery of it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Once we are established in Christ it behoves us to obey him and abide in his teachings and not develop our own.

It is only by our becoming less of ourselves and letting Christ work his perfecting word do we have hope of escaping sin. We cannot do it on our own. We must rely on him who lived a life without sin, but to do that, we must grow in him by feeding on God's Word and having the increase given through the Holy Spirit.

We must be led by the Holy Spirit and not lead the Holy Spirit. This is where many make their mistake and stumble in the faith. This is where patience applies. All things work out for good, for those who trust in the Lord.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 18 2006,19:52)
    Hi Malcolm,
    You say
    “Yet in every birth natural there is first the breaking of water, followed by the placenta (blood) and then comes life by breathing (spirit)”

The placenta is not blood but it is tissue. It is attached to the inner wall of the womb and attches to the embryo by the umbilical cord. It is the tissue that transports oxygen and nutrients from the mother to the embryo and removes the excreted metabolites.

1Jn 5
    ” 4For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith.

5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is the One who came by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7For there are three that testify:

8the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.”

God requires witnesses here and in heaven to our conversion. Jesus was baptised in water and the Spirit and his own blood was witness to his faith. We can follow him into rebirth by water and the Spirit and God applies the blood of the Lamb to us also as a witness.

If you want to get technical then the waters that break at birth are not water either but amniotic fluid.
    Also although the placenta is not blood as you say, however it contains blood vessels.
    The placenta and the umbilical cord to which the baby are attached are broken from it at birth.
    As such the blood of the mother no longer is the main sustainer to the child, and so it begins to breath air from outside of the womb.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account