3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 314 total)
  • Author

Nick,

Why don't you read all of the post instead of just part before replying.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    ” What baptism is this that Jesus commands? It is not the baptism of water, for the baptism of water is to be done in the name of Jesus.

Matt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:”

We are not of the

“must be because”

school of bible study.

That is not faith but presumption.

Such “logic” led men to find scriptures relating to the Father and to the Son that are similar
    and then, using human “logic”, decided that

Jesus
    MUST BE God
    BECAUSE of these correlations
    and thence sprang the trinity folly.

We should not follow the same path but prove all things and hold fast to what is good.

You can explain that to God when you stand before him. Even Thomas called Jesus God. So if you don't want to call him God, then you are not of the same spirit. For even the Father referred to the Son as God. Are you greater then the Father?

As far as baptism goes, if you can't understand this part, it doesn't suprise me. Because it goes along with all the rest you just don't understand. And the reason you can't understand is because you are either not saved or was saved once and then fell into the doctrines of whoever or whatever. All I know is the gospel you try to preach is not the Gospel of Christ and is not that of one who is filled with the Holy Spirit. For if you were of the spirit, you would know the things of the spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So you say, but you have a theology to defend.

If you consider the Gospel of Jesus Christ a theology, then you are right. Personally, I consider it life everlasting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    The Master would prefer you to abide in his words more though I believe.

It is not I who am having trouble coping with his Words. I stand on his Word. His Word is my Sword. Your lack of understanding can only be explained by your not being of the same spirit. Or it is of your fleshly defiance against my stand on the Holy Bible. Either way, you are not of the same spirit. For if you were, you would know his Word. For his Word is perfect and none can come against it, for it is a doubledged sword and will cut to the quick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    But you are not a super apostle with unique abilities but just an ordinary servant of the Master are you not?

I am what ever the Lord wants me to be. It is his will that matters, not my own. At this time he has me spreading his Word on this place and on others. What he has for me to do in the future, I have a sense of what he has is store, but I am not sure if it is the man or the spirit that is with understanding in this matter. Reguardless, I will be patient, for the Lord will make himself clear as always. For we must be led by the Spirit. To many try to lead the spirit. This is where many faulter or lose faith. We must be led by the spirit, not lead the spirit. For to lead the spirit is of the flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yep H,
    Sounds like you are an ordinary servant just like us.

I am what I am. What matters to me is pleasing God, not men. What matters is doing God's will and not the will of men or this flesh. It is this that matters.

I posted this post called 3 baptisms and asked all to do a study on it. Some have argued that this is not profitable of believing, yet, not one who argued against it took the time to do the study as I requested, to prove and reprove it to see if of God. Now, we are to prove and reprove all things to see if it is of God.

And even though the proponents who spoke against this study tried to tear it down, they could not. It is credible and worthy of acceptance, but I don't ask that any believe it on my say so. God forbid. For that is not the way of the Lord. Please do the study and learn this and see this with your own eyes. Let the Lord quicken it to your heart. Prove and reprove all things.

When I first posted the thread on the 3 baptisms, I did not have the ability to edit. So I went back gave explicit instructions on how to do the study. So I ask all, I plead with all to do this study. It is a blessing. It will open the scriptures up to you like never before.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Is that the first post on this thread?

If you mean is that the first time I gave explicit instructions on how to do the study, I believe it is. If you look at threads that pertain to this thread, you will see I gave instruction there. As for not have the explicit instruction here, forgive me. I referred to it, but did not have it posted for all to use.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    H you say
    “For instance, there is not just one baptism spoken of in scripture, but three. There is the baptism that saves us by the baptism of blood”
    “There is only one baptism that saves a man and it is the baptism of blood”

As I said before where is the sprinkling with blood referred to as “baptism in Blood” in the Word of God? You cannot say it is such until you can show it from the Word.

Otherwise you are teaching from outside of the Word of God.

“In these verses, it talks about being baptized into Christ, not being baptized in the name of Chirst”

You are baptised INTO the body of Christ in the name of Jesus Christ.

Otherwise you are teaching from outside of the Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H
    You quote
    “Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

You are deceived if you believe that this verse does not refer to water baptism, but to a baptism that does not appear in the bible.

And this verse below refers to Spirit baptism as scripture qualifies it as so.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether bond or free; and were all given to drink into one Spirit. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    2 Peter 1
    ” 20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”
    You have put your private interpretation on scripture by taking verses that refer to water baptism and ascribing them to the sprinkling of the blood. Man is saved by the Saviour and He does the sprinkling in response to our plea for forgiveness expressed in water baptism.

1Peter 3
    “21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you–not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience–through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,”

Indeed the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God saves us, but it is not baptism.
    Only God can cleanse the conscience, an action which is his alone to see

You have eyes, and still you cannot see.

I post scripture and you ignore it completely, for if you did not ignore it, you would have gave answer or you could not. So I will post it again and ask you again. This will be the third time that I have asked.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Is the body of sin destroyed by water or blood Nick?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account