3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 301 through 314 (of 314 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2006,00:49)
    Hi,
    Well the other one is the folk that say they have made Jesus their Lord and Saviour.
    Others boast of the powers they show as proof.

Sorry folks that is not the way and the ones not properly attired at the wedding feast have no place there.

That is as Jesus said

Matt 7
    ” 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

When I started going to church back in 1978 there was a guy there who prophesied in a loud voice. I was awestruck and thought to myself that if anyone was going to go to Heaven, he would!

The Lord showed me the very Scripture you quoted, Matt 7
    ” 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

So I asked Him, Lord, what do you want from us?

His reply was simple. He said He wanted a relationship with us.

I believe that if we believe that Jesus is the Door to the Father, that He paid the price for our sin and believe He rose from the dead, that is a good start. But more than that, we need to have a relationship with the Father that is a growing experience of faith and obedience, the kind that comes from love.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    We follow the Son.
    The relationship that they had after the Jordan was God in Him.
    God can be also in us, as Spirit infilled into our cleansed vessels.

Oxy
    Participant

I totally agree Nick.

I have a page called Beyond Pentecost which portrays the diffence in the relationship before and after the Jordan. It can be found on http://www.all4god.net/beyond_pentecost.htm

Also on http://www.all4god.net/journey.htm

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ Nov. 16 2006,23:18)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 17 2006,00:49)
    Hi,
    Well the other one is the folk that say they have made Jesus their Lord and Saviour.
    Others boast of the powers they show as proof.

Sorry folks that is not the way and the ones not properly attired at the wedding feast have no place there.

That is as Jesus said

Matt 7

When I started going to church back in 1978 there was a guy there who prophesied in a loud voice. I was awestruck and thought to myself that if anyone was going to go to Heaven, he would!

The Lord showed me the very Scripture you quoted, Matt 7

So I asked Him, Lord, what do you want from us?

His reply was simple. He said He wanted a relationship with us.

I believe that if we believe that Jesus is the Door to the Father, that He paid the price for our sin and believe He rose from the dead, that is a good start. But more than that, we need to have a relationship with the Father that is a growing experience of faith and obedience, the kind that comes from love.

oxy,

I noticed in your description there was no mention of repentance. I'm just curious why you did not mention it.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So some demand that we accept that the baptism of the Spirit is what we need for salvation.
    Here another demands we accept it is rather the washing in the blood of the lamb.

I prefer the second but say that inner washing is done by God in response to our repentant plea for forgiveness expressed in water baptism[1Peter 3]

That is not to say Spirit baptism is not also essential.
    Both are required.

Born again of water AND the Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I read somewhere that you speak in tongues. Do you think that speaking in tongues is a result of baptism in the Holy Spirit? Do you think that if someone doesn't speak in tongues, then they are not baptized in the Holy Spirit?
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes. It is one of the gifts.
    No. Not all have this particular gift.
    Paul cherished it and wished all could do so.

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    How did you start speaking in tongues and how has it benefitted you? Do you understand what you are saying?
    LU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi lu,
    Gone to the thread.

Sprinkling with the blood of the lamb is the inner work of God.
    God wants clean vessels for His Spirit.
    That Spirit does not wash.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    What do you mean by “gone to the thread”. Do you want me to get that answer by reading another thread? Which one?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Tongues thread

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2008,13:47)
    Hi LU,
    Yes. It is one of the gifts.
    No. Not all have this particular gift.
    Paul cherished it and wished all could do so.

Awwwwwwww..now I see why you say the things you do in the tongues thread…..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It seems some do not understand baptism in the Spirit

Viewing 14 posts - 301 through 314 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account