3 BAPTISMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 314 total)
  • Author

As for Saul, he was baptized into Christ, baptized in the Holy Spirit, and then baptized in water in that order.

david
    Participant

Hey H. I cna't find it. And I also can't reply to you in PM's for some reason.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 22 2006,02:14)
    As for Saul, he was baptized into Christ, baptized in the Holy Spirit, and then baptized in water in that order.

Hi H,
    Since what you state here, as usual, cannot be verified from scripture should we follow you?
    I do not think so.
    Your doctrine is your own and finds little support despite your pleas for acceptance as a true teaching.
    That support will come as soon as you cast aside self reliance and start abiding in the Word of God.

Prove what I said is wrong. Prove that Paul did not first believe and then receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the that of water. It says so just in that order. And to say he did not believe after what had happened to him, to say that he had not repented after what had happened to him is not of God. For Paul to receive the Holy Spirit baptism, he would have first be saved. He would have first believed in Christ unto salvation by the blood of the lamb, which I refer to as the baptism in blood. For it is by the blood of the lamb our sins are cleaned and it by the blood of the lamb we are baptized into Christ. Romans 6.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So which baptism does v 18 refer to?

Water? I agree.

God is sovereign and can forgive and fill whichever vessels He has said are clean.

And He can ordain whichever order is appropriate for each individual so long as all righteousness is fulfilled in His eyes.

But there is no sacrament here, no magic or sorcery as with Simon.

God is in charge, not man.

Yes, Nick, water.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So all the other verses I posted about baptism in Acts are also water baptisms though not specified as such?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    So for any truth to be established we need two or three witnesses.

2Cor 13
    ” 1…EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.”

Show me one scripture that speaks without confusion, specifically of the baptism of blood and then we can search for witnesses to it.

But if you cannot find even ONE such statement
    then I suggest you realise it is a dead end
    and not press forward in your own strength
    into inevitable frustration,
    against the Spirit of God,
    kicking against the goad,
    but return to abiding in the Word.

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 24 2006,23:00)
    Hi H,
    So for any truth to be established we need two or three witnesses.

2Cor 13
    ” 1…EVERY FACT IS TO BE CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.”

Show me one scripture that speaks without confusion, specifically of the baptism of blood and then we can search for witnesses to it.

But if you cannot find even ONE such statement
    then I suggest you realise it is a dead end
    and not press forward in your own strength
    into inevitable frustration,
    against the Spirit of God,
    kicking against the goad,
    but return to abiding in the Word.

Baptism of blood? Must be your substitute for your lack of understanding of true Baptism. Why is it that people are so fast to believe that water baptism has no power? Is it because someone told you? Nothing that God commands is void of supernatural power. Baptism is more than just a ritual. Many people say that baptism is just a sign. I disagree. You follow Jesus? What happened when He was baptised? Yes there is one instance in the BIble where the order of baptism and receiving the spirit are reversed such as Acts 10, but this was the first conversion of the gentiles. Nevertheless the scriptures teach Repentance, Faith, and then Baptism. Why are there many who profess to know Jesus, but don't? Because there is no true repentance preached ( a forsaking of all sin), no true faith preached (that produces fruit), and no true baptism preached (that is not just a sign, but an actual burial of the old, and rising of the new).

NickHassan
    Participant

amen sultan,
    Was the baptism of John effective?
    Lk 7
    ” 29When all the people and the tax collectors heard this, they acknowledged God's justice, having been baptized with the baptism of John.

30But the Pharisees and the lawyers rejected God's purpose for themselves, not having been baptized by John.”

It opened ears and eyes
    and made smooth the path of the Saviour\Messiah.

Because it is an evil gereration that trys to replace the cleaning power of the blood of the lamb with water. This is the work of satan. And if you stand on this doctrine, your gospel is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For to deny his blood is to deny that he died on the cross and I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi h,
    You should really cling closer to the words of Jesus to be able to say such things with more integrity. Your own teachings do not compare with the Master's do they?

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 25 2006,20:39)
    Because it is an evil gereration that trys to replace the cleaning power of the blood of the lamb with water. This is the work of satan. And if you stand on this doctrine, your gospel is not the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For to deny his blood is to deny that he died on the cross and I rebuke you in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Who is replacing the blood with water? I thought the Bible said,“This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.(1 John 5:6). The blood of Christ cleanses from all sin. (1 John 1:7), but there is no baptism of blood spoken of in the Bible. Only water baptism and spirit baptism.
    You know what is amusing is that “H” is always rebuking people as if he has the final authority. I just believe the Bible, and your baptism of blood sounds like you are adding to your precious KJV. Show me the verse, and I will believe you. If you can't show me the verse then YOU are of satan, and I rebuke you. :;):

If you cannot see the truth, then the truth is not in you. Those who are of the Father will know the things of the Father, for the Father will reveal himself to them.

As of my precious King James, remember your own word Semmy, for one day you will have to repeat them to the Father.

Jesus is the Word and if you do not recognize the Word, if you deny the Word, you are denying Christ. So if by chance the King James is the infallible Word of God and you hate it, are you not hating God?

It amazes me of the narrow mindedness and the fleshly stand of those who claim to know the Word of God. All those who are the backers of the doctrine of Nick. I could care less what you believe or who you believe. For all that matters is that you follow God and that your heart is right with God. If your heart was right with God then you would know the truth. Yet, you are so rebellious that you will not even seek the truth. You would much rather bask within the confines of the doctrines of men.

I have asked you all to do the study on the three baptisms. If you would do this, you would mosts likely come to the truth, for to search for the truth will lead to the truth, yet your stiffneckedness egos would rather you continue on the path of destruction. I can only lead you to the water, I cannot force you to drink.

As for your rebuke Semmy, know this, to rebuke one who is standing in the righteousness of God will bring the rebuke back upon the one who gave the rebuke.

NickHassan
    Participant

Semmy?
    Is everyone else but you wrong H?

Sultan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 26 2006,22:15)
    If you cannot see the truth, then the truth is not in you. Those who are of the Father will know the things of the Father, for the Father will reveal himself to them.

As of my precious King James, remember your own word Semmy, for one day you will have to repeat them to the Father.

Jesus is the Word and if you do not recognize the Word, if you deny the Word, you are denying Christ. So if by chance the King James is the infallible Word of God and you hate it, are you not hating God?

It amazes me of the narrow mindedness and the fleshly stand of those who claim to know the Word of God. All those who are the backers of the doctrine of Nick. I could care less what you believe or who you believe. For all that matters is that you follow God and that your heart is right with God. If your heart was right with God then you would know the truth. Yet, you are so rebellious that you will not even seek the truth. You would much rather bask within the confines of the doctrines of men.

I have asked you all to do the study on the three baptisms. If you would do this, you would mosts likely come to the truth, for to search for the truth will lead to the truth, yet your stiffneckedness egos would rather you continue on the path of destruction. I can only lead you to the water, I cannot force you to drink.

As for your rebuke Semmy, know this, to rebuke one who is standing in the righteousness of God will bring the rebuke back upon the one who gave the rebuke.

“H” has not shown me the verse for his false baptism of blood. Those who are of God speak the Words of God. Baptism of blood is not God's Word, therefore it is false doctrine.

Is everyone here followers of Nick? I know not everyone is. Those who are of the truth will not follow him. For his is not of the truth.

I cannot open your eyes. Your hearts are not right with God and because of that, you cannot see.

The scriptures tell us there is one baptism. Yet, it is plain to see there is more then one in scripture. What baptism then is this verse refering to?

Ephesians 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Is this the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Is this the baptism of water? It is neither. There is only one baptism that baptizes us into Christ and that is the baptism of blood. It is the baptism of salvation.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Verse three tells us we are baptized into Christ, into his death.

In verse six, it tells us the our old man is crucified, that the body of sin is destroyed. This cannot only be done through the blood of Christ by being baptized into Chirst through his blood. It is his blood that destroys the body of sin.

1 Peter 3:21 This is a symbol of baptism, which now saves you-not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Why do believers want to rob salvation of the blood that saves them? Do you not understand the importance of the blood. Without the blood, there would be not remission of sins. What is more important, water or blood? The church for too long has turned it's back on the blood of the lamb. I rebuke all who do this. It is time to change this. For the power is in the blood of the lamb.

Heb. 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Acts 20:28 Take heed, therefore, to yourselves, and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the assembly of the Lord and God which he purchased with his own blood.

Romans 3:25 whom God set forth to be an atoning sacrifice, through faith in his blood, for a demonstration of his righteousness through the passing over of prior sins, in God's forbearance;

Ephesians 1:7 in whom we have our redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near in the blood of Christ.

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:20 and through him to reconcile all things to himself, by him, whether things on the earth, or things in the heavens, having made peace through the blood of his cross.

Hebrews 9:12 nor yet through the blood of goats and calves, but through his own blood, entered in once for all into the Holy Place, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:13 For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled, sanctify to the cleanness of the flesh: (WEB KJV WEY ASV BBE DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV)
    Hebrews 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 12:24 to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better than that of Abel.

Hebrews 13:12 Therefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people through his own blood, suffered outside of the gate.

1 Peter 1:2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, that you may obey Jesus Christ and be sprinkled with his blood: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:19 but with precious blood, as of a faultless and pure lamb, the blood of Christ;

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

Revelation 7:14 I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb's blood.

Revelation 12:11 They overcame him because of the Lamb's blood, and because of the word of their testimony. They didn't love their life, even to death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Sep. 28 2006,23:47)
    Is everyone here followers of Nick? I know not everyone is. Those who are of the truth will not follow him. For his is not of the truth.

Hi H,
    I do not have followers because I direct people to search out truth for themselves from scripture and to follow Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You say
    “Is this the baptism of the Holy Spirit? Is this the baptism of water? It is neither. There is only one baptism that baptizes us into Christ and that is the baptism of blood. It is the baptism of salvation”

So it is not written
    but you have deduced it.

Surely we should follow what is written ahead of any man's personal interpretations or deductions?

2Peter 1
    “20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.”

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 314 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account