“I Am” Exodus 3:14/John 8:57,58

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    Cult Buster
    Participant

David

Perhaps because Jesus himself said: The father is greater than I am.

Perhaps it's because after his ascension to heaven, the Father was still considered “his God.”

There has on this forum been much confusion between Christ’s mission or “office” as Messiah and that of His substance which is The Eternal God. Some myopically focus on Christ's incarnation as a man, yet they ignore the overwhelming evidence of His deity.. When confronted with these truths they then try to “dance around” them.

When Christ was to leave heaven and was to take the form of a man He did not cease to be God. He simply put aside His own divine power and was dependent on God for power. This makes Him our example to follow because we too are to depend totally on God.

Some on this forum just want to look at Bible verses that are in the context of Christ mission as Messiah but don't like when shown the multitude of scripture identifying Him as the divine Jehovah God. They wish that He will stay eternally incarnate. For some, this is willful blindness which is sin.

Jesus Christ is the creator, not a creature and will always be equal to the Father in this sense. Jn 1:1 says, “and the word was God”.

However, before the incarnation, Jesus made a choice to submit to the Father as His head. He had to live in His humanity as a man depending on God for power. Jesus did not give up being God, He was subject to and obeying  the Father while living as a man or within the context of He being Messiah and High Priest which is still continuing

Heb 2:14  Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

He had to overcome Satan while living as a man. Christ did not come to earth to show what a God can do, but what  man can do when he depends on God for power. He succeeded where Adam failed.

Heb 2:16  For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.
    Heb 2:17  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18  For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Heb 2:9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

A human body was fashioned for Christ. A body which had sinful propensities just like ours. A body less than what Adam had,  weakened by the curse of sin.

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

Christ condemned sin in the flesh. He resisted sin. Don’t forget that He laid aside His divine power and did not use it for His own benefit, overcoming temptation relying on God for power. We too can resist temptation if we rely on God for power. Christ was our example.

Heb 2:17  Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18  For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Luk 4:2  (Jesus)  Being forty days tempted of the devil.
    Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Who was being tempted here? Jesus;    The Lord thy God

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

There are some instances in the scripture where Jesus calls the Father..His God and says the Father is greater than I.

In these instances Jesus was encumbered with humanity or within the context of Him being the  Messiah.  Don’t forget that Christ is still ministering for us right now as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.  So His mission as Messiah and High Priest is not yet over.

Even within the Godhead each Divine Person recognise and have reverence for the other as God.

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

The phrase “O God” is a worshipful phrase indicating the reverence each Person of the Godhead have one for another. Each recognises the other as their God. Each are willing to submit one to the other.

Within the Godhead a plan was made for the salvation of man. It is evident that each divine  Person within the Godhead takes on a different office or role. It is a pity that we too cannot learn the character and humility of God.

Jesus said.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.
    Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God

The Pharisees understood that Jesus was claiming deity and equality with God, that is why they tried to stone Him.

Jesus could have told them that they misunderstood Him, but He didn't. Jesus knew that the Pharisees understood His assertion of deity and did not correct them.

Jesus could have said “Listen fellas, you misunderstood me. I was not blaspheming by claiming to be God.” But Jesus did not correct them, thus confirming His deity to them.

It seems that the Pharisees had better understanding of Jesus' words than many on this forum.

Jn 1:1 says, “and the word was God”, referring to Jesus.

However, before the incarnation, Jesus made a choice to submit to the Father as His head. He had to live in His humanity as a man depending on God for power. Jesus did not give up being God, He was subject to and obeying  the Father while living as a man.

The Father would maintain the head position and He would become the central One to pray to. He does not minister to us in the direct way of the Son and Holy Spirit. He would not have the central focus to save mankind and to eventually be as highly exalted as the Saviour. He is self effacing in this respect.

Each member of the Godhead took on a position that was selfless to the extreme and thus revealing the character of God.

Jesus said

Luk 22:69  Hereafter shall the Son of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

The right hand of power is metaphor meaning that all authority belongs to Christ. That is all authority. Can you imagine the Godhead relinquishing all their authority to a created being? Of course not! Jesus is Jehovah God.

We can see how self effa
    cing each Person of the Godhead is to be willing to submit one to the other.

We can now understand better Christ’s statement

Mat 23:11  But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

We can stand in awe of the great love, humility and even servanthood of the Godhead.

The apostle Paul understood just who Jesus was when he wrote the following

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Paul had studied the scriptures that testified of Christ.

Deu 32:3  Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God.
    Deu 32:4  He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    1Sa 2:2  There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
    Psa 78:35  And they remembered that God was their rock, and the high God their redeemer.

That is why Paul said

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

We sometimes see statements like

1 Pet. 1:3, RS: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!”

John 5:26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,

This is also in the context of Christ mission as Messiah.
    In these instances Jesus was either encumbered with humanity or within the context of Him being the  Messiah.  Don’t forget that Christ is still ministering for us right now as our High Priest in the heavenly sanctuary.  So His mission as Messiah and High Priest is still continuing.

Thus, Jesus' office as Messiah and Mediator will cease in time, but not His Godhood, since Scripture teaches that He will be “all in all” just as His Father is.(Colossians 3:11)

MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

JOHN 5:23 That all {men} should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

*TITUS 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    +ACTS 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

*ISAIAH 43:11 I, {even} I, {am} the Lord(Jehovah); and beside me {there is} no saviour.
    Mat 1:21  And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Both the Pharisees and Jehovah's Witnesses deny the deity of Christ.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.   :O

david
    Participant

Luk 4:2 (Jesus) Being forty days tempted of the devil.
    Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Who was being tempted here? Jesus; The Lord thy God

CB, you tend to list strings of thought that are twisted. This is one example. Interestingly, you are one of the few who use the name “Jehovah” a lot on here. Where you say: “The Lord they God,” it is said IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES: You shall not put Jehovah your God to the test.

In the Hebrew scriptures, where Jesus was obviously quoting from, the scripture speaks of “Jehovah” (LORD or GOD) in your Bible, but originally, God's name was there. And, if you look at the account that it is speaking of, you'll find that they were clearly putting Jehovah to the test, not “tempting” him.

(Deuteronomy 6:16) ““YOU must not put Jehovah YOUR God to the test, the way YOU put him to the test at Mas′sah.”

(Luke 4:12) “In answer Jesus said to him: “It is said, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’””

(1 Corinthians 10:9) “Neither let us put Jehovah to the test, as some of them put [him] to the test, only to perish by the serpents.”

With this knowledge, let's look at the account you quote.

Luke 4:10-12
    “If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down from here; for it is written, [IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES] ‘He [JEHOVAH] will give his [JEHOVAH'S] angels a charge concerning you [JESUS], to preserve you,’ [JESUS] and, ‘They will carry you [JESUS] on their hands, that you [JESUS] may at no time strike your [JESUS'] foot against a stone.’” In answer Jesus said to him: “It is said, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

Or, in your Bible, which does include the name “Jehovah” in a few places, here it says: 'You must not tempt the lord,' or something like that.

But how would it have been a temptation for Jehovah?
    It would have been putting him to the test, even as they put him to the test in the Hebrew scriptures, from where Jesus quoted this from.

Your Bible, which is highly biased towards trinitarianism attempts to make it appear that Jesus and Jehovah are the same, in several places, such as here. But the very fact that we know where Jesus was quoting from and where he was quoting from didn't have Jehovah being tempted, but rather, put to the test, it's obviously wrong here.

All of your points are like this, twisted.

1. Please go back and look at where Jesus was quoting from.
    2. Explain to my how that was a “temptation” for Jehovah, the Lord.

If you can do these things, maybe you have a point. Seeing as you can't, please stop mentioning this.

Participant

Hi CB:

Relative to the reply by Jesus to the devil when the devil wanted him to jump off of the temple: “It is said, thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God”, I have copied and will paste the definition of the word tempt in this scripture, perhaps this will answer your question, “If God cannot be tempted with evil, why was Jesus making that statement?

Strong's Number:   1598  Browse Lexicon  
    Original Word Word Origin
    ejkpeiravzw from (1537) and (3985)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry

Ekpeirazo 6:23,822
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    ek-pi-rad'-zo      Verb  

Definition
    to prove, test, thoroughly to put to proof God's character and power

God cannot be tempted to sin.  Jesus was and is a man who was tempted every way that we are and is without sin.  Heb 4:15
    “For we have not an high priest which cannot * be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin”.

I'll answer to the rest of your post, but let's try to get this issue resolved first before we move on to any thing else.  

God Bless

Cult Buster
    Participant

942767. Christ though being Jehovah became incarnate as a man and was therefore tempted as a man. Yet He was still Jehovah God.

Heb 2:14  Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

David

CB, you tend to list strings of thought that are twisted.  This is one example.  Interestingly, you are one of the few who use the name “Jehovah” a lot on here.  Where you say: “The Lord they God,” it is said IN THE HEBREW SCRIPTURES: You shall not put Jehovah your God to the test.

David and 942767.  

Christ is Jehovah God.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Isa 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    Joh 1:14  And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

MICAH 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, {though} thou be little among the thousands of Judah, {yet} out of thee shall he come forth unto me {that is} to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth {have been} from of old, from everlasting.

JOHN 5:23 That all {men} should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father.

JOHN 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

*TITUS 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    +ACTS 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

*ISAIAH 43:11 I, {even} I, {am} the Lord(Jehovah); and beside me {there is} no saviour.
    Mat 1:21  And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

PHILIPPIANS 2:5-6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Both the Pharisees and Jehovah's Witnesses deny the deity of Christ.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.   :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

JESUS our JEHOVAH

JEHOVAH isI AM                                  EXODUS 3:14      
    JESUS isI AMJOHN 8:57& 58

JEHOVAH isFIRST & LASTISAIHA 44:6, 48:12
    JESUS isFIRST & LASTREV 22:12,13,20  1:8  MICAH 5:2

JEHOVAH isROCKDEUT 32:4
    JESUS isROCK1 COR 10:4

JEHOVAH isKINGISAIHA 33:22
    JESUS isKINGREV 19:11-16

JEHOVAH isCREATORISAIHA 40:28
    JESUS isCREATOREPH 3:9  JOHN 1:3  COL 1:16

JEHOVAH isSAVIOURISAIHA 33:22,  43:11,12
    JESUS isSAVIOURACTS 4:12  MATH 1:21  LK 2:11

JEHOVAH isJUDGEISAIHA 33:22
    JESUS isJUDGEJOHN 5:22

Jer 23:5-6  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Participant

Cult Buster

——————————————————————————–
    942767. Christ though being Jehovah became incarnate as a man and was therefore tempted as a man. Yet He was still Jehovah God.

Hi CB:  If I have a son who is born of my sperm, he is my own flesh and blood but he is not me. He is another person.  So it is with Jesus, He was conceived of the Holy Ghost and is God's own flesh and blood but is not God himself, he is another person.  You are making an assumption when you say that Jesus was God incarnate.  Hebrews 2:13 states: Jesus speaking, “And again, I will put my trust in him, and again, behold I and the children WHICH GOD HATH GIVEN ME”.  And then scripture that you have quoted Hebrews 2:14 states: “Forasmuch then as the children (that God has given him) are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same: that through death he might destroy him who had power over death, that is the devil”.

No, CB he cannot be two individuals at the same time.  Jesus as you acknowledge was tempted as a man.  God cannot be tempted to sin.  

I will answer your other questions, but please let's resolve this issue before we go on to something else.

It was not God who was being tempted to sin in the scripture Luke 4:9-12 but Jesus the man, the Son of God and God's Christ.

Do you agree with this or disagree.  

God Bless

epistemaniac
    Participant

like begets like…. if God beget a Son, then this Son is “of God”,ie deity…. Jesus was NOT born of the sperm of Joseph, but was born “of God”, “from God”, unlike any other human being who has ever lived, sui generis…… Paul said (Philippians 2:6) who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,”… He did have to grasp after what was already His, ie equality with God, He was the very form/morphe of God, thus, he was God…. and the only “thing” that can be equal to God is God… therefore, Jesus was God…. pretty simple really….

blessings,
    Ken

epistemaniac
    Participant

hi everyone!!! :) did ya miss me? lol….

blessings,
    Ken

charity
    Participant

Hello

Jhn 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Rom 1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (epistemaniac @ April 16 2007,13:32)
    like begets like…. if God beget a Son, then this Son is “of God”,ie deity…. Jesus was NOT born of the sperm of Joseph, but was born “of God”, “from God”, unlike any other human being who has ever lived, sui generis……  Paul said (Philippians 2:6)  who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,”… He did have to grasp after what was already His, ie equality with God, He was the very form/morphe of God, thus, he was God…. and the only “thing” that can be equal to God is God… therefore, Jesus was God…. pretty simple really….

blessings,
    Ken

Hi Ken,
    So since we are born of God, as sons,
    by your logic we are God too?

1 John 3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

So simple?

charity
    Participant

HOW DO WE see the Son of MAN sitting on the right Hand of POWER?

Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of MAN sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charity,
    The root and the seed of David will sit on the earthly Throne of his earthly father.

Cult Buster
    Participant

You're getting very muddled. First you tell me that it was the Father being tempted, then you post the following.

It was not God who was being tempted to sin in the scripture Luke 4:9-12 but Jesus the man, the Son of God and God's Christ.

Get real!

Cult Buster
    Participant

Back to the topic.

John 18:5-6 “They answered Him, “Jesus the Nazarene.” He said to them, “I am.” And Judas also, the one who betrayed Him, was standing with them. Therefore when He said to them, “I am,” they went backwards and fell upon the ground.”

Why did they fall over backwards when Jesus used the name of Almighty God as His own: The divine name of  “I AM”?  And why would the soldiers fall backwards if not for the awesomeness of the words of Jesus?

Look again!    It's in your face!

Therefore when He said to them, I am, they went backwards and fell upon the ground.”  

What did Jesus say to them that forced them backward onto the ground. He used the divine name I AM  in reference to Himself.

He was telling them  that He was God, using the name Jehovah Himself had revealed to Moses at the burning bush, “I AM.” He could have made no stronger claim of deity.  

As these words were uttered by Jesus, the mob staggered back; and the priests, elders, soldiers, and even Judas, dropped powerless to the ground. Their wicked hearts  filled with terror. They could not for a moment stand upon their feet in the presence of  the Divine Glory, and they fell like dead men to the ground.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM  hath sent me unto you.

See the following.

John 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    John 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    John 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am
    John 8:59  Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

With solemn dignity Jesus answered the Pharasees, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

I AM. The name of God, given to Moses to express the idea of the eternal presence, had been claimed as  His own by  Jesus. He had announced Himself to be the self-existent Jehovah, He who had been promised to Israel,                                                  

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM  hath sent me unto you.

Mic 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

See again.

Joh 10:30  I and my Father are one.
    Joh 10:31  Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
    Joh 10:32  Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
    Joh 10:33  The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

The Jews obviously understood that Jesus was claiming to be God and tried to stone Him, because the punishment for blasphemy was death by stoning according to Lev. 24:16. Jesus did not dispute their accusation. He could have but He didn't, simply because Jesus was Jehovah God. He could have set the record straight by saying to the Jews, I am not claiming to be God, you misunderstood me. But Jesus did not correct them because He was in fact claiming to be the Divine God Jehovah.

See again.

The high priest knowing that the Son of the Blessed is God tried to “incriminate” Jesus by getting Him to proclaim His divinity.

Mar 14:61   Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mar 14:63  Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?

Mar 14:64  Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”,  and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God. The high priest accused Jesus of blasphemy because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).

Jesus could have said to the high priest, you misunderstood me, I am not claiming to be God. But He didn't correct the high priest because Jesus was in fact God. Jesus was and is the self existent and eternal Jehovah God.

The claim of Jesus to be “sitting on the right hand of power” is a metaphor meaning that all authority and power belongs to Him.

Jesus said.
    John 8:24  …for if ye believe not that I am, ye shall die in your sins.

Jesus Himself laid down the line – unless one believes Him for whom He says He is – the ego eimi, the great I AM – one will die in one's sins. There is no salvation in a false Christ. If we are to be united with Christ to have eternal life, then we must be united with the true Christ, not a false representation. It is out of love that Christ uttered John 8:24. We would do well to heed His words.

Don't be like the Pharisees and Jehovah's Witnesses! They both deny the deity of Christ!

The Light was shining in darkness; but “the darkness apprehended it not.” John 1:5

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Cb,
    You say
    “Mar 14:61 Again the high priest asked him, and said unto him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?

Mar 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Mar 14:63 Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses?

Mar 14:64 Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned him to be guilty of death.

Jesus answered the high priest “I AM”, and claimed to be the Son of the Blessed, whom the Jews understood to be God. The high priest accused Jesus of blasphemy because He used the name of God “I AM” as His own. When a man claims to be God it is blasphemy (John 10:33).”

So to say you are a son of God is actually to say you are God.
    But the Pharisees claimed to be sons of God.

Jn 8
    “41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. “

So tell us again what it means to be a son of God.

Are you not yet a son of God?
    Does that make you God?

Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 17 2007,00:30)

You're getting very muddled. First you tell me that it was the Father being tempted, then you post the following.

Get real!

Hi CB:

Luke 4:9-12 states: “And he (the devil) brought him (Jesus) to Jerusalem, and set him (Jesus) on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him.  If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: for it is written, He gave his angels charge over thee charge over thee, to keep thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.  And Jesus answering said unto him 'It is said, thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God'”.

The devil was tempting Jesus to sin against God by jumping off of the pinnacle of the temple because, according to the devil, the Word of God inferred that God would not allow him to get hurt in the process, because the Word stated that, “He gave his angels charge over thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone”.

You said it was Jesus, the Lord thy God, who was being tempted.  

And what I am saying is that, it was the man Jesus, God's Only begotten Son, and His Christ who was being tempted to sin against God by jumping off of the pinnacle of the temple.

Do you agree with this or not?

Cult Buster
    Participant

You said it was Jesus, the Lord thy God, who was being tempted.  

And what I am saying is that, it was the man Jesus, God's Only begotten Son, and His Christ who was being tempted to sin against God by jumping off of the pinnacle of the temple.

Do you agree with this or not?

I agree that Jesus “the Lord thy God” was being tempted while humbling Himself as a man.

Phi 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phi 2:7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Phi 2:8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

The Light was shining in darkness; but “the darkness apprehended it not.” John 1:5

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    As a man and forever Christ had a God.
    He dared not tempt his Father God by presumption.
    Forget your fanciful new ideas and follow him.

Tim2
    Participant

Nick,

Nice of you to ignore the topic of the post, that Jesus said, “I AM.”

Of how many of the created/adopted sons of god is it written, “They were in the the beginning, and they were with God, and they were God?” Or to which of them does an apostle confess, “My Lord and my God”? Or to which of them does God say, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever”? And so forth.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    If the beginning is before the foundations of earth were laid then God's sons were there[Jb38]
    Christ said I AM when he was asked if he is the Son of God.
    I believe him.

He really should be your LORD

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account