“I Am” Exodus 3:14/John 8:57,58

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You keep finding similar scriptures and putting them together to say one and one makes three.
    When you understand Christ was really given all authority by God, his Father, you may understand how God works.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You keep putting Scriptures together to deny that Jesus is God.
    When you understand that the Son shares the same glory as the Father (John 17:5), and that YHWH doesn't share His glory with anyone (Isaiah 42:8), you may understand who God is.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    We have a God.
    The same God that our Lord Jesus has.
    For US there is ONE GOD THE FATHER[1Cor 8].
    Why go beyond what is revealed as truth FOR US?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Our God is Jesus. John 20:28. Why deny what Scripture says?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Then you say you are not one of US?[1Cor 8]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So when Christ was asked if he is the Son of God and he said
    “I am”
    was he actually saying he was not the Son of God but God Himself?

Tim2
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2007,08:55)
    Hi,
    So when Christ was asked if he is the Son of God and he said
    “I am”
    was he actually saying he was not the Son of God but God Himself?

Wow Nick,

I can't believe you're doing this on the same day. Just a few hours ago I explained this. Please don't do this.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    You offered rationalisations for your doctrines but not answers.

Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 10 2007,14:40)
    WhoHi 94,

You bring up a good point that “you shall not tempt the Lord thy God.”  It seems some people here have been saying Jesus can't be God because He was tempted.  But the greek looks the same in 4:12 and 4:13, and 1 Corinthians 10:13.  Different though from stumble in Luke 17:1.  

In any event, Jesus says it in a way that can legitimately be seen to be telling Satan not to tempt Him.

CB's verses about the Sabbath and creation are pretty clear too.

Tim

Hi Tim2:

The statement “Who was being tempted here? Jesus; the Lord thy God” is not my statement but CB's.  I believe that Jesus is God in that he is the express image of his person.  Jesus was and is a man and was tempted every way and is yet without sin.  God cannot be tempted with evil.

Sorry about the confusion.  I need to ask permission to edit that statement from my post.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi 94,

You believe that for Jesus to be the express image of God's person means that Jesus is God? And you also believe that Jesus is a man?

This is good :)

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 11 2007,13:36)
    Hi 94,

You believe that for Jesus to be the express image of God's person means that Jesus is God?  And you also believe that Jesus is a man?

This is good :)

Tim

Hi Tim2,
    Is the Spirit of God also the express image of God's person so we can make a trinity?

david
    Participant

Our God is Jesus. John 20:28. Why deny what Scripture says?

About 250 times or so, “our God” in the Bible is Jehovah or the Father.

Should not our God be Jehovah, as indicated in scripture hundreds of times?

Tim2
    Participant

Jesus is Jehovah.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    It is not written so we should go along with your inference?

david
    Participant

Jesus is Jehovah.

So you've been lead to believe.

Jesus is Jehovah's “son.”

The Bible says this hundreds of times. Hundreds.

Question: How do you feel about logic and normal ways of thinking?

Tim2
    Participant

Hi David,

Jesus is Jehovah. He's the one who's name we call on to be saved. Romans 10:13.

This is illogical if you assume Jehovah is only one person. But Deuteronomy 6:4 and Genesis 2:24 show that this is by no means the case.

Tim

david
    Participant

Jesus is Jehovah. He's the one who's name we call on to be saved. Romans 10:13.

Who is? This scripture is of course a quote from the Hebrew scriptures where Jehovah's name occurs. “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved,” as it is written in the scriptures.

(Genesis 2:24) “That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he must stick to his wife and they must become one flesh.”

The Hebrew word translated “stick” literally means “to cleave, to adhere, specially firmly, as if with glue.” (Gesenius’ Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament Scriptures) This really communicates the idea of a husband and wife being inseparable companions.

If you think that Jehovah is “one” as a husband and wife are “one” then that raises a lot of other questions.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David to Tim 2

Question:  How do you feel about logic and normal ways of thinking?

David, let me ask you the same question.
    How do you feel about logic and normal ways of thinking?

Put away your JW's Watchtower glasses for a moment and read the following.

Jehovah whom they have pierced

Jehovah said:

“…and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced” (Zec. 12:10).

The preceding verses (1, 4, 7, 8) identify Jehovah as the one speaking. Christ is the one who was pierced, and John 19:37 clearly tells us that this prophecy was fulfilled in His crucifixion.

Joh 19:37  And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced.

Jer 23:5  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.

Jer 23:6  In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Jehovah) OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Jesus Christ was the descendent of David, who was to be called Jehovah our righteousness.

Tim 2

Jesus is Jehovah.

Yes Tim. You state the obvious. But they don't want to see!

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi David,

The word “one” is the same in both texts. And yes, man and woman are the image of God. Genesis 1:27. In marriage we see two persons with the same undivided flesh. Actually three including the child.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    I hope you are not suggesting the Father and the Son beget the Spirit.
    The other similarity is that two individuals in an orderly way unite in purpose and will to act as one.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account