“I Am” Exodus 3:14/John 8:57,58

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 288 total)
  • Author
    Tim2
    Participant

But according to you only Jesus is the Lord, right? So to you the Father isn't Lord? Then who is the Lord God? Revelation 22:5.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Is Jesus not yet your Lord?
    He should be.
    He was appointed Lord

Tim2
    Participant

way to answer my question

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Serve the vine
    who
    Serves the Gardener.

Participant

Hi CB: As you say:

The Light was shining in darkness; but “the darkness apprehended it not.” John 1:5

Actually the scripture that you quote states: 1:5
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

There is not need for further discussion on this subject with you.  I have clearly showed you the truth Luke 4:9-12 so that any one should be able to understand it.

God Bless

Cult Buster
    Participant

Luk 4:1  And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
    Luk 4:2  Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.
    Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
    Luk 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

Who was being tempted here? Jesus; The Lord thy God..

It's so clear.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    What was Jesus quoting?
    Was he telling Satan not to tempt God?
    If he was quoting scripture to Satan in what way does scripture apply to Satan?
    Scripture is written for men.
    Wake up.

Cult Buster
    Participant

John 18:5-6
    “They answered Him, “Jesus the Nazarene.” He said to them, “I am.” And Judas also, the one who betrayed Him, was standing with them. Therefore when He said to them, “I am,” they went backwards and fell upon the ground.”

Why is it that when Jesus  utters “I AM” people fall to the ground?

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
         :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    They asked him if he is the Son of God and he said “I AM” and they all seemed to be be able to keep on their feet. Poor logic.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ April 20 2007,23:12)
    John 18:5-6
    “They answered Him, “Jesus the Nazarene.” He said to them, “I am.” And Judas also, the one who betrayed Him, was standing with them. Therefore when He said to them, “I am,” they went backwards and fell upon the ground.”

Why is it that when Jesus  utters “I AM” people fall to the ground?

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
         :O

Hi Cult Buster

The word I heard from the spirit of prophecy AND THE TESTOMY OF Jesus wasn't Let us make ourselves in the Image of a Man
    A witness to me that the Man that was made in the Image acknowledged I am the Image IN FLESH and THE word of God MANEFESTED FOR EYES TO SEE

And if I do not find it within my spirit to confess that Christ walked in the flesh sent from God; I have not the spirit of God; but the spirit of the Antichrist that shall confess God has manifest himself before us as flesh made from the seed of KING David; and calling himself the Son of Man he shall appear in the clouds in his glory; Now all you have left if Jesus be God is placement for….. Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. And this….
    Mat 25:34
    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    Eph 1:4
    According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

charity
    Participant

The portion Inheritance as co inherotors with christ of God
    …………….Let us Make man in our Image…………………..
    Pro 8:12………………………
    Pro 8:22
              The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Pro 8:23
    I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Pro 8:24
    When [there were] no depths, I was brought forth; when [there were] no fountains abounding with water.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He is the beginning of the creation of God
    Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, “the beginning of the creation of God”;

We are given either wisdom or the word of Knowledge by the same spirit;(Judge for yourself) let us make man in our Image; putting on the Mind of God that wihch is perfect may come?
    1Cr 12:8
    For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

That the God of Jesus may only give you the spirit of wisdom
    Eph 1:17
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Rom 1:25 Who has both the father and the Son? who is without A king? Who is a locast?
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    Pro 8:12
    ¶I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

charity
    Participant

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

There shall we be found Enemies put under foot according to our dealings of the father King David whom Christ was made from unto receiving and inheriting the kingdom prepared for us.

Mat 25:34
    Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Son Of MAN; FLESH
    Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, [one] like the Son of MAN came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.  
    Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of MAN coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  

Who Shall Become Enimies of The Throne of The Son Man here after sitting on the right side of power
    Mat 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of MAN sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.  

Who Shall Become Enimies of The Throne of Man here after sittting on the right side of power

Take part in the first resurrection for the second is the lake of Fire
    I am the resurrection of Life

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charity,
    The second resurrection is to the Sheep and Goat mercy judgement so the lake of fire is only for those who are not merciful and thus who cannot find mercy.

But those in the first resurrection into the millenial kingdom do not come under that judgement as they have already passed over from death to life.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 21 2007,11:29)
    Hi Charity,
    The second resurrection is to the Sheep and Goat mercy judgement so the lake of fire is only for those who are not merciful and thus who cannot find mercy.

But those in the first resurrection into the millenial kingdom do not come under that judgement as they have already passed over from death to life.

So Nick do you belive as Martha had been taught to believe
    That your Brother will rise in the resurrection at the Last days?

Jhn 11:21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.:22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give [it] thee. 23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
    24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
    :25 Jesus said unto her, :I am the resurrection:, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

We shall not need to be resurrection rights if we believe He was the first friuts of them that slept; If christ be not risen then neither are the dead; least you focus on the cross as a sinner that he needed to justify by a rising again.
    Evenso quickly depart and return to the life given not the life taken from unbelief.

Jhn 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Nick When Was christ resurrected to life for you?

Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; :11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
    12 ¶ Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. 3: Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but [this] one thing , forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Charity ,
    If we follow Christ into his death through repentance and baptism, as we have been told to do,

and also seek the Spirit we will share with Christ the same life that he was given at the Jordan,
    which stayed with him at death and which raised him again to glory,

we will be raised without judgement and after the tribunal follow him into eternity.

Good deal?

Quote (charity @ April 21 2007,09:29)
    The portion Inheritance as co inherotors with christ of God
    …………….Let us Make man in our Image…………………..
    Pro 8:12………………………
    Pro 8:22
              The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Pro 8:23
    I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.

Pro 8:24
    When [there were] no depths, I was brought forth; when [there were] no fountains abounding with water.

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

He is the beginning of the creation of God
    Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, “the beginning of the creation of God”;

We are given either wisdom or the word of Knowledge by the same spirit;(Judge for yourself) let us make man in our Image; putting on the Mind of God that wihch is perfect may come?
    1Cr 12:8
    For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

That the God of Jesus may only give you the spirit of wisdom
    Eph 1:17
    That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Rom 1:25 Who has both the father and the Son? who is without A king? Who is a locast?
    Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    Pro 8:12
    ¶I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.

Charity

Was Jesus a female?

The scriptures you refer to is speaking of wisdom personified not Jesus.

Col 2:2
    That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
    *In whom are hid* all the *treasures of wisdom* and knowledge.

Was the Father also this wisdom personified in Proverbs?

Many have used Proverbs personification of *wisdom* to apply to Jesus hoping of course to show Jesus had a beginning which of course there is no scriptures to confirm this.

Prov 1:
    7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise *wisdom*and instruction.
    8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:

1:20
    20 *Wisdom* crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
    21 *She crieth in the chief place* of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city *she uttereth her words*, saying,

Prov 3:
    13 Happy is the man that findeth *wisdom*, and the man that getteth understanding.
    14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
    15 *She is more precious than rubies*: and all the things thou canst desire *are not to be compared unto her*

Prov 7:4
    4] Say unto wisdom, *Thou art my sister*; and call understanding thy kinswoman:

Is Yeshua our sister?

Prov 8:
    1 Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put *forth her voice*?
    [2] *She standeth in the top of high places*, by the way in the places of the paths.
    [3] *She crieth at the gates*, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

So for all the Unitarians and the Arians, again you have no scriptures showing Yeshua  the Word that was God and was with God had a beginning.

Unless you believe he is female or the wife of God!  ???

:)

david
    Participant

Charity

Was Jesus a female?

The scriptures you refer to is speaking of wisdom personified not Jesus.

“Yahweh created me, first-fruits of his fashioning, before the oldest of his works. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I came to birth; before he had made the earth, the countryside, and the first elements of the world.” (Proverbs 8:12, 22, 25, 26, NJB)

“Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago….Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains…When he prepared the heavens I was there; …then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I cam to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,…and the things I was found of were with the sons of men.”
    (Prov 8:22-31)

Could this passage merely be talking about divine wisdom or wisdom in the abstract?

The Wisdom that is here described was “produced,”or created, as the beginning of Jehovah’s way. Jehovah God has always existed and has always been wise. (Ps 90:1,2) His wisdom had no beginning; it was neither created nor produced.
    It was “brought forth as with labor pains.” Furthermore, this wisdom is said to speak and act, representing a person. (Prov 8:1)

(Some say that the holy spirit is spoken of in that manner and so the holy spirit must be an individual. Well, the same reasoning would apply to this scripture then.)

Depicting the Son of God as wisdom is appropriate, since was was God’s Word or spokesman and was the one who revealed Jehovah’s wise purposes and decrees. Elsewhere, he is described as being “the power of God and the wisdom of God,” and also the “wisdom from God.” (1 cor 1:24,30)

# Colossians 1:15 (English-NIV): He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    # John 1:3 (English-NIV): Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

SORRY, ACTUALLY, IF FORGOT THE main point I was addressing. Let me add:
    The fact that the Hebrew word for “wisdom” is always in the feminine gender does not conflict with the use of wisdom to represent God’s Son.

The Greek word for “love” in the expression “God is love” is also in the feminine gender. (1 John 4:8) Yet, it is used to refer to God.

So…. ya.

david
    Participant

Charity

Was Jesus a female?

WJ, is God female?
    Yet, the Greek word for “love” in the expression “God is love” is also in the feminine gender. (1 John 4:8)

So, your argument is invalid, and not scriptural.

Tim2
    Participant

David,

According to 1 Corinthians Jesus is the wisdom and power of God. So you believe that God's wisdom and power are found in someone else?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes Tim2,
    They are found in God.
    God is the source and he made his Son a source for us.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 288 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account