Water baptism- exercize in futility!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Water Baptism Today: An Absolute Exercise in Futility!

This article has to be polished up a bit, as it is not quite to my liking. It is sufficient though to show that my line of reasoning is correct. The only one who can do baptizing today is the Christ, due to the fact that He is the only one in possession of the Holy Spirit. Only He can pour it out, to do baptizing today!

After thirty some odd year’s of Bible Study, as I look back now, I can see that everything I began learning from the start, I learned from what I had been taught by the religious leaders of Christendom. From the start of my baptism and association with the religion that I followed, I passively accepted everything that they taught me, as the truth, the real truth of the Bible. It is true that many things taught to me could be supported by the Bible, while many other things, left me in a state of bewilderment. I realize now that my teacher’s as well as I were doing a mere cursory reading of the scriptures, then establishing our beliefs on merely surface knowledge. My teacher’s as well as myself was lacking the “key to Knowledge.” {Luke 11:52} When this was gained, then all would have thoroughly understood what the scriptures were actually saying.

One of the things that are not properly understood was the subject of Baptism. There are, of course many more, but this one subject alone when properly understood, would clear up many of the misconceptions that are taught and believed today.

When John the Baptist came baptizing he made this statement:
    “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with Holy Spirit and with fire.” {Matthew 3: 11} Notice! There is no mention of any water being used in the Baptism that Jesus would perform. It was “Holy Spirit and Fire or simply Holy Spirit”, no more said than that! Too, John drew a contrast between the Baptizing that he would do, as opposed to that of the one Jesus would do, and John’s was with water, for the ancient, and first Century Jews alone; while Jesus would be with Holy Spirit and fire, or Holy Spirit.
    John the Baptist here pointed to something that was yet future. Something that would replace water baptism altogether! The writers Mark, Luke and John also pointed to this future event, and alluded to the same thing. {Mark 1:8} {Luke 3: 16} {John 1:33}

In Matthew 3:13-15 we find this discussion between John and Jesus:
    “Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me.” Jesus replied, let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” “Then John consented.”
    John himself knew that, at some future date he himself would have to be baptized by Jesus. But he did as Jesus instructed him to do, so as to accomplish what Jesus had stated. “To fulfill all righteousness.”
    We note from scripture that John’s Baptism continued right up to the time that Jesus was taken up to “sit at His Father’s right hand.” {Acts 1: 21-23}

Then, too, John’s Baptism was “preached” to all the people of Israel, for the purpose of revealing the Christ to the Nation of Israel under the Old Law Covenant. {John 1:31}
    It was not for the Gentile Nations. {Acts 13:23-25} This Baptism was for them to gain forgiveness for all the sin’s committed while under the Mosaic Law Covenant. The Nations were not under that old Law Covenant, so they had no need to be baptized by John! {Acts 3:26} {Acts 13:46} {Amos 3:1,2} {Psalms 147:19,20} {Romans 3: 1,2}

In conversation with certain ones sent by the Pharisees, John had been asked:
    “Why then are you baptizing, if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the prophet?”
    John answered them saying, “I baptize in water, but among you stands One whom you do not know. ` “It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie.”{John 1:25-27}
    The conversation continues:

“I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him. And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent ME to baptize IN WATER said to me, `He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.” {Verses 32,33}
    So, this was Jehovah speaking to John, and Jehovah at this point made no mention of any water to be used, because this Baptism would come from the invisible Heavens.

So, then, what was the reason for John’s baptism? This is revealed to us in John 1:31, where it states:
    “I myself did not know Him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that He might be revealed to Israel.”
    This brings me to a question put to Jesus by the chief priests and scribes. In answer to their question, He asked them a question in return. He said to them:

“Was the Baptism of John from heaven or from men?” We know from scripture that John received instruction from Heaven to carry out his baptism. But the baptism itself was not from heaven. Not directly. “And they answered that they did not know where it came from.” {Luke 20: 1-8}

Keep in mind John’s word’s “I have beheld the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven.”
    So the baptism that would follow his would come directly from heaven itself. John’s baptism would be eventually phased out, as he himself indicated in John 3: 30, 31. He stated himself:

“He must increase, but I must decrease.” “He who comes from above IS ABOVE ALL; he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven IS ABOVE ALL.”
    So the baptism that Jesus would become involved in would be above that of John, and would come directly from the invisible heavens, and would increase so as to include all of the Nations of the earth, for all of those who would accept Jesus, and obey Him.

At this point it must be considered what Jesus stated at Matthew 15: 24. He said that He was”sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Then too, he had commanded his followers, this:
    “Go nowhere among the Gentiles and do not go to any town of the Samaritans; but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” {Matthew 10:5,6} So, anytime we read in scripture where water is being used to baptize individuals, it is the water Baptism of John that was taking place, and the disciple’s of Christ were under command to go only to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel,” so it couldn’t have been anything else but the Baptism of John taking place.
    The Nations would not be considered until after the Baptizing work for the Jew’s, under the Mosaic Law was near its final completion. They then would turn to the Nations, and John’s Baptism of repentance for their sins, as displayed by water baptism would continue on those who accepted the true Messiah, and were willing to obey Him. {Acts 5:32} They too, then, would receive the Holy Spirit; and be baptized into the Christ. {Acts 19:5}

The Mosaic Law Covenant did not only condemn the Jew’s under the Old Law Covenant who had not kept the Law, but the entire world of mankind as well. {John 7:19} So all were in need of repentance, and all were obligated to display that repentance by submitting to John’s water baptism. When that was done they would then later receive the Holy Spirit, and would be baptized into the Christ. {Romans 3:19-23}

It would be done unseen to the human eyes, due to the fact that it was a “baptism in the Spirit.” Only the individual involved would be aware of it. It would be clearly evident to others though as it would be manifest by his ability to set forth scriptural interpretations that would be impossible to refute or contradict. {Luke 21:15} Although some would try! {Acts 6:9,10}

Jesus focused on this point in John 3: 8, where He stated: “The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” So, those word’s should tell us that no water would be used in the Baptism that would be done by Jesus from the invisible Heaven’s, it would all be done unseen to the human eye, and this Baptism was not for the anointed Brother’s of Christ alone, it was for anyone who would accept the Messiah, and obey him.

So, like the wind, and its sound, we cannot actually see it, it is invisible, but we experience its effects. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit. This baptism is something going on, that only the one “born of the Spirit” is aware of. It is unseen to the eyes of the world in general, as is the wind itself. We know from scripture that certain ones of the Apostle’s could by the laying on of hands impart the Holy Spirit. Then some, not all, were taken down into the water and baptized in symbol of repentance. Some had only been “Baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.”

Just prior to the ascension of Jesus, He gave the Eleven Apostle’s this command, that showed that He now was the one responsible for any Baptizing that would be done in future, for He stated: “All authority has been given Me in heaven and on earth, therefore go and make disciple’s of all Nation, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit” … Notice! Not a word about using any water, it was done by the authority of the Holy Spirit which was in the hands of the Christ.

Now the Apostle’s could have at that point gone off and begun the Baptizing work that Jesus had commanded them to do, as there was sufficient water around to do that; but they did not do that at that time, and there was reason that they did not.

The parallel account in Luke 24: 49 explains what that reason was, for there it states: “And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to STAY IN THE CITY until you are clothed with power from on high.”

In harmony with what Luke wrote is the scripture at Acts 1: 4 where Luke again repeats this statement: “And gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to WAIT for what the Father had promised, which He said, “You heard from Me; for John Baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.” There again we find a contrast drawn between John’s Water Baptism, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Notice again, no mention of the use of any water, only Holy Spirit, and this was done by the Christ at Pentecost which is reported on in Acts 2:1-47 and in that account when they were Baptized by the Christ from the invisible Heaven’s there was no water used, and no mention of any water.

That was the time they received the “gift’s of the Spirit,” with the gift of the laying on of hand’s, which when done by the Apostle’s others would receive the Holy Spirit, and be Baptized by the Christ. {Acts 8: 15-17} Then too, some at that time had “never even heard there was a Holy Spirit” and “when Paul laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came upon them.” {Acts 19:2-7}. So, John’s baptism in water continued until the Christ ascended back to His Father’s right hand. {Acts 1:21,22} Then it would cease, Jesus then would be the only one to do baptizing and this baptism would be the baptism of the Holy Spirit. As I previously stated, the first account of this baptizing where no water is used is found in Acts 2: 1-47.

A reading of Galatians 2: 7 tells us that the Apostle Paul was entrusted with a ministry to the Uncircumcised, while Peter’s was for the circumcised believers. So Peter was commissioned to baptize circumcised believers into the Christ,” while Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians 1:17 that “Christ did not send him to baptize” anyone in water.

The fact that Peter was commissioned to baptize only circumcized believers shows us that Peter was stepping out of his bounds by saying: “Can anyone forbid water so that these might not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit even as we have?” The reason being that it was Paul who was the “Apostle to the Nations” and Paul was “not sent to baptize” anyone in water so we are told at 1 Corinthians 1:17. We can see that Peter realized his error by reading verse 16 of Acts 11. It was the Christ, now in his glory, at the right hand of his Father, with “All authority in heaven and on earth” who did all of the baptizing of Gentile believers, then, and now as well! [Matthew 28:18] [John 12:16; 7:39;17:22] Acts 2:3,4,33]

We know that Paul was the “Apostle to the Nation’s,” and the fact that he said himself that he was “not sent to Baptize” shows that any of the surviving Brother’s of the Christ alive at this time, would not be sent to Baptize as well, due to the fact that it is people of all Nations now who will receive the outpouring of Holy Spirit as foretold in Joel 2:28, 29. That puts all of the Baptizing in the hands of the Christ because He is the one to pour out the Holy Spirit in these “last days.” {Romans 15:16}

So the baptizing in water ended when Christ ascended back to the right hand of His Father, and was glorified. Then the one who John the Baptist said, was “above all” would do all of the baptizing of future believers. The Apostle Peter pointed this out as previously mentioned, when the Holy Spirit was poured out on the Gentile believers at Pentecost. Peter then alluded to the prophecy of Joel which he quoted: “In the last days I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh’ … {Joel 2:28,29}

Then the Prophecy in Jeremiah 31: 31-34 would come into play. Jehovah at that time would “put his Laws in their minds, and write them on their hearts.” Now it was the word of truth that served as the water for baptism, a complete change from literal water, to a “wellspring of water that would bubble up from inside each individual to impart everlasting life.” {John 4:14} This of course would be accomplished through the power of the Holy Spirit at work in each believer, bringing each one to an accurate knowledge of truth. {John 14:26;16:13}

They would no longer need anyone on earth to teach them the Holy Writing’s for it would all be accomplished from the heavenly realm by Jesus seated at the right hand of His Father in control of the Holy Spirit. {1 John 2: 27} So the water of baptism now comes from within the individual. They would be “cleansed by the washing with water THROUGH THE WORD.” {Ephesians 5:26} {Hebrews 10:22} But it would not be this water alone that cleanses believers today it was a combination of the water and the blood of Jesus that accomplished this cleansing. Clarifying this point further, Jesus made this statement in John 7:38,39: “Whoever believes in me, as the scripture has said, streams of living Water will flow from within him.” “By this He meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in Him were later to receive.” “Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.”

So, from this we can see clearly now it was the Holy Spirit that served as the water for Baptizing all believers, coupled with the word of truth inscribed in the minds through their efforts at study and the operation of said Spirit, revealing the deeper things of God as they progressed in study of the Holy Writing’s, and “bringing back to their minds” spiritual truths as needed in their Ministry. {Compare Titus 3: 3-7} {Hebrews 10:22} {John 14: 26; 16: 13}

As we learn in 1John 5:6,7
    “This is the one who came by water and blood-Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood.” “And the blood of Jesus purifies us from all sin.” So, Jesus supplied both the water, which was the Holy Spirit and the Blood for cleansing, through that heavenly Baptism. Now the washing of water comes through the word of truth that Jesus taught while on this earth. Now we know what Jesus meant when He said to Peter: “Unless I wash you, you have no part with Me.” {John 13:8}

As each believer today applies himself, or herself to study of the Bible, “pondering” over and “meditating on the Holy Writings, commensurate with the time and effort put forth, their appreciation for the knowledge gained, coupled with a clearer understanding, will cause them to see areas in their lives that need to be changed in order for them to bring their lives ever more closer into harmony with Jehovah’s revealed will and ways. As the light gets brighter and brighter, their persistent efforts at study and learning will eventually bring them to the point of pleasing Jehovah very well. By their persistent efforts at doing this they would eventually be washed clean from all sin. {1Timothy 4:14-16} {Proverbs 4:18} {Romans 12:1,2} {Colossians 3:12-14} {Ephesians 4: 22-32}

Now from all of this, we can see, that John was “sent by God,” to Baptize only the Nation of Israel, and John foretold that the only one to follow him to do Baptizing him was the one who was “above all,” and that one was the Christ, due to the fact, it was only He who was “entrusted with the Holy Spirit,” and could pour it out to get that heavenly Baptism of “Holy Spirit and Fire” done on believer’s today. {Acts 2:33}

The gifts of the spirit that included the laying on of the hands that existed in the first Century has been done away with, and no one today has been given that special gift, so as to Baptize anyone in Holy Spirit. There is no one today who can, by the laying on of the hands impart the Holy Spirit! No one has been sent by God, as John was, to Baptize in water, everything today is in the hands of the Christ, and no one other than He is appointed to do Baptizing today, for He is the only one with “All authority in heaven and ON EARTH.” {Matthew 28:18}
    That authority has not been passed on to any human being on this earth, although some will make the claim that it has, but those self-exalted types were foretold to be in existence now, so, not too surprising that some make that claim.

As it is written in John 3:35 “The Father loves the Son, and has placed EVERYTHING in His hands.” “Jesus knew that the Father had put ALL THINGS UNDER HIS POWER.” {John 13:3}
    The Apostle Paul tells us about the lofty position of the Christ in Hebrews 2: 8 … “and put EVERYTHING under His feet.” “In putting EVERYTHING under Him. God left NOTHING that is not subject to Him.”
    Some will point to the scripture in Ephesians 1:10 that speaks of an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in the Christ” … and make claim to being that administration, but a further reading of verses 20-23 show clearly that administration is headed by none other than the Christ Himself, and He has appointed no one today to represent Him, or share in any of His authority.

The information set-forth thus far puts the entire empire of religion on this earth today in the same position the ancient nation of Israel was in. They were all baptized into the Law of Moses, “under the cloud,” but that baptism became null and void when Christ arrived on the scene. {1Corinthians 10:1-5} The exact same thing is true now, the majority of Christendom’s Religions have been Baptized in Water by self-appointed Religionists, in imitation of John’s Baptism, but, like John, they have not been sent by God, as he was.

Every Religion on this earth today, including the followers of the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses, must, in order to gain Jehovah’s favor and blessing be Baptized in Holy Spirit. There is only one today that can do that! While walking this earth Jesus Himself did no baptizing; now He is the only one who does it today. {John 4:2} As we might expect there are requirements to be met before that Baptism can take place.

As the ancient nation of Israel had to recognize the Messiah when He appeared on earth in the first century, and abandon the way of worship that they followed under the Mosaic Law, in favor of following Him, so too today. Whatever the religion one is associated with today, they must serve notice that they are leaving them, in favor of following the Christ. By doing that they will show Jehovah that they wish to belong to Him. The Bible clearly tells us“Jehovah knows all those that belong to Him.” {2Timothy 2:19} In John 14:6 Jesus tells us this:
    “I am the way, the truth and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.” Where does anyone read in that scripture that they can approach through some self-appointed body that makes claim to being the anointed Brother’s of the Christ? Jesus clearly said, “THROUGH ME!” Now, it doesn’t take a Rocket Scientist to understand those words! Then in John 6:44 we learn this: “No one is able to come to Me unless the Father who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me”

Now where does that scripture say that Jehovah draws individuals to some self-appointed Organization? It does not say that at all! It says, Jehovah draws them directly to His Son, and to no one else, and the one who penned those word’s, was one of the true anointed class; and he never directed anyone’s attention to himself. He directed all eyes to the Christ, and only to the Christ. … So Jehovah will only draw those who He considers His. These He will draw to His Son. When He does that, they will receive the baptism by Holy Spirit. Those who refuse as certain ones among the ancient nation of Israel did will stand condemned. Jehovah will only draw those who are willing to obey His Son as ruler. Only these will receive the baptism by Holy Spirit. {Act 5:32} As it is stated in Ephesians 4: 4, 5 “There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism.” That is the baptism from heaven, done by the Messiah. Those that are done by the religious leaders today, of whatever denomination, are an absolute exercise in futility, to end them all!

If anyone is interested in going into Matthew 24-Mark 13-Luke 21 where the composite sign of the Christ in Kingdom Power was given, they will find no mention whatsoever of any appointed Organization on this earth during that time period, other than the Christ Himself. All He foretold was the prevalence of false Prophet’s, and He foretold one that would be preaching and teaching so close to the truth, that they “would mislead, if possible even the chosen ones.” {Matthew 24:24} As well, in the parallel account in Luke 21:8, he warned: “See to it that you not be misled; for many will come in My name, saying, I am He, and `the time is at hand; DO NOT GO AFTER THEM.”

Now which Organization looks like it is the true Organization, because of their preaching activity, on a Global scale, and has been saying for many years now, the time is at hand? There is only one that fills the Bill here, and every one knows who that Organization is, without discussing it further, and Jesus very pointedly said, “Do not go after them!”

The Prophet Jeremiah foretold the reason why the Christ failed to mention any appointed Organization on this earth during the time of His presence in Kingdom Power, in the following words:
    “I did not send these Prophets, but they ran. I did not speak to them, but they Prophesied. ” … “ I did not send them or command them, nor do they furnish this people the slightest benefit” … {Jeremiah 23: 21,22,31,32}

Some may, be wondering, “What shall we do?” That question was put forward by certain ones in attendance during Pentecost, and Peter told them, ” Repent, and let each one of you be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the free gift of the Holy Spirit.” {Acts 2:37-39}
    How may that repentance be seen by Jehovah now, in the case of any individual that wishes to receive that “Key to Knowledge,” and be baptized in the Holy Spirit, which is, itself, the key to knowledge!

Were one to follow the direction given by the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 6:17, 18 to, “Come out from their midst and be separate says Jehovah … and I will welcome you.” Or the same direction given by the Apostle John in Revelation 18:4- “Come out of her, My people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive of her plagues” … {Revelation 18:4-8} Jehovah would immediately see that action on your part and you would then receive that free gift of the Holy Spirit, and be baptized in Holy Spirit and Fire, or simply Holy Spirit by the only one who can do that baptizing work! That would show your heartfelt repentance, but failure to do that, would leave you with nothing more than a water Baptism that is the greatest exercise in futility that anyone could ever involve themselves in.

The main reason being there is no appointed Organization on this earth today, as well, there is no one with the gift of the laying on of the hands to impart the Holy Spirit; and the fact that, that is true shows that it’s all in the hands of the Christ now, at this time. For Him it is, is the only one now who can Baptize in Holy Sprit.

There are some today who make claim to having the “Gift’s of the Spirit,” not realizing that those gift’s were done away with, when the last Apostle died off the earthly scene, so their claim is bogus. Those who believe that should remember that in the first Century when those Gifts were operational, on the Apostle’s some from among them could cure every sort of illness common to man.

As well, they could resurrect the dead, but there is no one today that can accomplish the bringing to life of a Biologically dead individual. There is only one, who can and will do that when the due time comes, and that one is the Christ, and He is the one we should be looking to for our Baptism now in ” Holy Spirit and Fire,” for that is the only acceptable Baptism for Christian’s today, for it is the Holy Spirit that serves as the water of Baptism today! {John 7:38, 39}

The water Baptism of the entire empire of Religion on this earth today, including that of the Watchtower Societies Governing Body is nothing more than an exercise in futility to end them all! They are completely worthless to the ones submitting themselves to be submersed in water, and will gain them absolutely nothing, and be of no benefit whatsoever. {Jeremiah 23: 30-32}

The only way any Christian will gain any benefit today is by remembering the word’s of John the Baptist to Jesus at Matthew 3:14, which are: “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”
    John realized that he, at some point, would have to be baptized “in Holy Spirit and in fire,” so are we today not in the same position as was John?

John was the only one who was sent by God to baptize in water, the only appointed one to follow John that would do baptizing was the Son of God Himself, and in every scriptural reference alluding to the baptism that Jesus was to do, there is never a mention of the use of any water, only Holy Spirit, or Holy Spirit and fire, and since there is only “one baptism” now, that is the only baptism that it can be!

John and his water baptism has long since vanished from the earth, and now, there is only one appointed to baptize Christian’s today, that is the Christ Himself, and He does that from the invisible heavenly realm where He sits enthroned at His Father’s right hand., as foretold that He would do in Joel 2:28,29. {Compare Jeremiah 31:31-34} {John 3:30,31}

By now it must be clearly evident, that the ‘key to knowledge’ is the Holy Spirit!

Cindy
    Participant

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
    Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
    Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
    Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
    Act 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
    Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
    1Cr 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
    1Cr 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
    1Cr 1:15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
    1Cr 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
    Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Texas,
    The apostles were inspired.
    Their obedience is shown in Acts.
    Nothing has changed except in the minds of men.

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 11 2009,03:09)
    Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  
    Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.  
    Act 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?  
    Act 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  
    Act 8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.  
    Act 18:8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.
    Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
    1Cr 1:13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?  
    1Cr 1:16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.  
    Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Hi Cindy!

Consider the following!
    I should have pointed out in this article that the only one sent to Baptize in Water was John the Baptist! He is now long gone from this earth. The only one to follow John was the Christ himself!

Only the Jews were under the Mosaic Law! John was to baptize only repentant Jews who had sinned while under that Law! Those from among them that accepted the Messiah and repented of their sins were baptized. During the baptism that John was doing, there was no need to baptise any from among the Nations, as they was not under that Law! Neither are you today!

I supplied three scriptures that clearly showed that only the Jewish Nation was under that old law covenant. Those scriptures were, as follows: {Amos 3:1,2} {Psalms 147:19,20} {Romans 3:1,2}

The Nations wern't considered until after the ascension of Christ. At which time he commanded his followers to Baptize in Holy Spirit. {Matthew 28:19,20} They could do that when they received the gifts of the Spirit at Pentecost by a laying on of the hands. That would be time that the Christ was doing all of the baptizing from the invisible heavens, as foretold he would do! {Joel 2:28,29}

I thought I made all of that clear in that article!

For any to accept the water baptism as practiced by the Churches of Christendom, is a slap in the face to the Christ; for none of them have been sent by God to do any water baptising! {Jeremiah 23:21-30-32} Jesus now, is the only one sent by God to do baptising! No other baptism is valid! If that is what you choose to do though, you are free to do as you please! Texas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    The inspired obedient apostles disagree with you.
    They know rather more than you and their place is secure.

Will your doctrine meet the approval of the one you and they call Lord?

Hi Texas

Quote (Texas @ April 11 2009,00:58)

The gifts of the spirit that included the laying on of the hands that existed in the first Century has been done away with, and no one today has been given that special gift, so as to Baptize anyone in Holy Spirit. There is no one today who can, by the laying on of the hands impart the Holy Spirit! No one has been sent by God, as John was, to Baptize in water, everything today is in the hands of the Christ, and no one other than He is appointed to do Baptizing today, for He is the only one with “All authority in heaven and ON EARTH.” {Matthew 28:18}
    That authority has not been passed on to any human being on this earth, although some will make the claim that it has, but those self-exalted types were foretold to be in existence now, so, not too surprising that some make that claim.

Maybe you can enlighten us with the scripture that states the gifts of the Spirit have been done away with.

My Bible says…

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.  “FOR THE PROMISE IS UNTO YOU, AND TO YOUR CHILDREN, AND TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, EVEN AS MANY AS THE LORD OUR GOD SHALL CALL”. Acts 2:38, 39

Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever.

WJ

SEEKING
    Participant

Texas,

1Co 13:8  Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

Sould you cite this passage to establish cessation of gifts, I would note
    that knowledge has passed as one of the gifts.  Perhaps you, I, and everyone else here should cease posting since we posses nothing but worldly knowledge.

I would further observe this  verse –

1Co 13:13  So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

These all beings gifts, Texas, here is where you have left us;
    no knowledge, no faith, no hope, no love.

God forbid this should be our state.

Blessings,

Seeking

Participant

Hi Texas:

If what you say in your article is true, then what about the following scriptures:

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

And,

1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Texas
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 12 2009,02:07)
    Hi Texas:

If what you say in your article is true, then what about the following scriptures:

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)  

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  

Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:  

Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

And,

1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi 942767!
    Not any of the scriptures that you have cited here refute my article on baptism! You should remember that John the Baptist was sent by Jehovah ONLY to the Jewish Nation; to those that sinned while under the old law covenant. None of the Nations at that time, nor today, was under that law! {Amos 3:1,2} {Psalms 147: 19,20 {Romans 3:1,2} He was not sent to baptize any from among the Nations; for that reason! The Nations were not considered until after the ascension of Christ, at which time they were baptized by the Christ from the invisible heavens. {Matthew 28:19,20 You
    will notice in Matthew 28 no mention is made of using any water; it was by Holy Spirit! That should show you that, that baptism was done by the laying on of the hands; because of that special gift they received at Pentecost from the Christ. That was the reason that they coould do that then! John the Baptist is long gone now, as are those special gifts, and he was the only one sent by God to baptize in water. The only one to follow John was the Christ, and no others! If you're not baptized now by the Christ, then you are not baptized at all, and your water baptism will gain you absolutely nothing at all! Texas

Texas
    Participant

Quote (SEEKING @ April 11 2009,10:15)
    Texas,

1Co 13:8  Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

that knowledge has passed as one of the gifts.  Perhaps you, I, and everyone else here should cease posting since we posses nothing but worldly knowledge.

1Co 13:13  So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Blessings,

Seeking

Hi Seeking!
    If that is truly your state, then that is your problem! I have told you the truth in order to help you, not hinder you! I write in all sincerity, with the well-being of my readers in mind. Jehovah knows my heart, and he knows I'm trying to please him well by writing only the truth of the Bible. If you do not see what I write as the truth, perhaps there's a reason that you do not see it! It may well be, that your not granted to understand it; in which case there's nothing more that I can do! {Matthew 13:10-15} Texas

Participant

Hi Texas:

I received the baptism of the Holy Spirit 29 years ago, and I have also been baptized in water in obedience to the Word of God.

The scripture that I posted below states:

Water an baptism is action showing that one has repented and is a public demonstration of ones union with Jesus in his death, burial, and resurrection.  The scripture that I posted states that the water testifies to the truth of Jesus, and that is why I posted it.

The Apostle Paul stated that he was not sent to baptize but to preach the gospel because he was evangelizing.  If one does not believe and has not repented, water baptism has no meaning.  One will go down into the water a dry sinner and come up a wet sinner, there has been no change.

And so, the Apostle Paul did not say that one should not be baptized in fact he did say that he baptized.

He said:

1Cr 1:17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.  

I posted the scriptures in Ephesians because you made the following statement:

Some will point to the scripture in Ephesians 1:10 that speaks of an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in the Christ” … and make claim to being that administration, but a further reading of verses 20-23 show clearly that administration is headed by none other than the Christ Himself, and He has appointed no one today to represent Him, or share in any of His authority.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Texas
    Participant

Texas,

Blessings,

Seeking

Ponder this Seeking!

Hello All!

It would appear to me, that either all of you, or myself is in serious error! Now, on the one hand, I have supplied all of you with a reasonable scriptural discussion supplying the needed scriptures to back up everything that I said. On the other hand, all of you, do a mere cursory reading of scripture and put forth your hard and fast arguements on mere surface knowledge! I suspect that none of you understand 'the deep things of God', {1Corinthians 2:10} but are spiritual-babies, sipping on the 'milk of the word,' if you have even advanced that far!

The Apostle Paul will explain this situation that exists with all of you! Note now, his words: “For, indeed, although you ought to be teachers in view of the time, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and you have become such as need milk, not solid food. For everyone that partakes of milk is unaquainted with the word of righteousness, for he/she is a Babe. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” {Hebrews 5:12-14}

As you all digest that direction of the Apostle Paul, I would like to direct your attention to something stated by Jesus that will fully explain the reason behind your sad lack of knowledge! Notice what Jesus had to say about the reason behind that lack: …”and I will request the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it or knows it.” {John 14:16,17} Did you notice that? The World cannot receive the Holy Spirit, 'the Spirit of the truth' according to Jesus own words. So, how much of the Bible will you understand without that? Absolutely nothing!

Now, there is the prime reason that none of you understand my writings, because you lack that essential ingredient, the Holy Spirit! Without that you can study the Bible for as long as you like, you'll never learn one blessed thing, but will continue to stumble around in the dark; not knowing anything about the Bible! Just exactly like the rest of Religious Christendom does!
    Only the truly humble ones will receive of that Spirit, because Jehovah withholds it from the proud and arrogant ones! I think that you all know that!

So, you wish to understand Jehovah's Book? On your knees in humble heartfelt prayer to Jehovah, request of him to pour out that Spirit on you. Tell him that you love his word the Bible and really wish to understand it! If your heart is right, and Jehovah will know if it is, or not, you will very probably receive of that Spirit; so desperately needed to understand his Holy Book!

So, who is in error? You people are! Without the Holy Spirit, it couldn't be any other way! Texas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    You have yet to explain how the apostles were also in such so called error but you alone have it right.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 12 2009,11:42)

Texas,

Blessings,

Seeking

Ponder this Seeking!

Hello All!

It would appear to me, that either all of you, or myself is in serious error! Now, on the one hand, I have supplied all of you with a reasonable scriptural discussion supplying the needed scriptures to back up everything that I said. On the other hand, all of you, do a mere cursory reading of scripture and put forth your hard and fast arguements on mere surface knowledge! I suspect that none of you understand 'the deep things of God', {1Corinthians 2:10} but are spiritual-babies, sipping on the 'milk of the word,' if you have even advanced that far!

The Apostle Paul will explain this situation that exists with all of you! Note now, his words: “For, indeed, although you ought to be teachers in view of the time, you again need someone to teach you from the beginning the elementary things of the sacred pronouncements of God; and you have become such as need milk, not solid food. For everyone that partakes of milk is unaquainted with the word of righteousness, for he/she is a Babe. But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.” {Hebrews 5:12-14}

As you all digest that direction of the Apostle Paul, I would like to direct your attention to something stated by Jesus that will fully explain the reason behind your sad lack of knowledge! Notice what Jesus had to say about the reason behind that  lack: …”and I will request the Father and he will give you another helper to be with you forever, the spirit of the truth, which the world cannot receive, because it neither beholds it or knows it.” {John 14:16,17} Did you notice that? The World cannot receive the Holy Spirit, 'the Spirit of the truth' according to Jesus own words. So, how much of the Bible will you understand without that? Absolutely nothing!

Now, there is the prime reason that none of you understand my writings, because you lack that essential ingredient, the Holy Spirit! Without that you can study the Bible for as long as you like, you'll never learn one blessed thing, but will continue to stumble around in the dark; not knowing anything about the Bible! Just exactly like the rest of Religious Christendom does!
    Only the truly humble ones will receive of that Spirit, because Jehovah withholds it from the proud and arrogant ones! I think that you all know that!

So, you wish to understand Jehovah's Book? On your knees in humble heartfelt prayer to Jehovah, request of him to pour out that Spirit on you. Tell him that you love his word the Bible and really wish to understand it! If your heart is right, and Jehovah will know if it is, or not, you will very probably receive of that Spirit; so desperately needed to understand his Holy Book!

So, who is in error? You people are! Without the Holy Spirit, it couldn't be any other way! Texas

Texas  Judge not, so you will not be Judged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    Boasting about your humility is odd.
    You really should obey as Jesus did fulfilling the righteousness of God.

SEEKING
    Participant

Texas,April wrote:

[/quote]

Ponder this Seeking!

I suspect that none of you understand 'the deep things of God',

On the other hand, all of you, do a mere cursory reading of scripture and put forth your hard and fast arguements on mere surface knowledge!

Now, there is the prime reason that none of you understand my writings, because you lack that essential ingredient, the Holy Spirit!

So, who is in error? You people are!

Texas,
    I have pondered! I would let the word comment to you as follows:

Proverbs 23:7 (KJV)  
       For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:

Matthew 15:18 (KJV)  
       But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.

Proverbs 16:18 (KJV)  
       Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

1 Cor. 8:2 (KJV)  
       And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

Proverbs 3:34 (KJV)  
       Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV)  
       But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Luke 11:13 (KJV)  
       If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
    Php.4:5

Blessings,

Seeking

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account