Zechariah 14

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Zech 14
    3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

The flight of the Judeans in detail Mt 24.15f

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ May 20 2014,05:18)

Quote (terraricca @ May 20 2014,03:11)

Quote (journey42 @ May 19 2014,16:09)
    Hi Marty

The scripture you gave is referring to Christ?

j42

what make you so sure ???

Zechariah 14:8   And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Zechariah 14:9   And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zechariah 14:11   And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Zechariah 14:12   And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Zechariah 14:13   And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

Zechariah 14:15   And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

Zechariah 14:16   And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Zechariah 14:17   And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Zechariah 14:20   In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD'S house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

j42

Rev 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
    Rev 21:10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.
    Rev 21:11 It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.
    Rev 21:12 It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.
    Rev 21:13 There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west.
    Rev 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    Rev 21:15 The angel who talked with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city, its gates and its walls.
    Rev 21:16 The city was laid out like a square, as long as it was wide. He measured the city with the rod and found it to be 12,000 stadia in length, and as wide and high as it is long.
    Rev 21:17 He measured its wall and it was 144 cubits thick, by man’s measurement, which the angel was using.
    Rev 21:18 The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass.
    Rev 21:19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald,
    Rev 21:20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.
    Rev 21:21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.
    Rev 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.
    Rev 21:23 The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.
    Rev 21:24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it.
    Rev 21:25 On no day will its gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there.
    Rev 21:26 The glory and honor of the nations will be brought into it.
    Rev 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Rev 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb
    Rev 22:2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.
    Rev 22:3 No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him.
    Rev 22:4 They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads.
    Rev 22:5 There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.
    Rev 22:6 The angel said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place.”

VERY CLOSE DESCRIPTION ,BUT NEED UNDERSTANDING RIGHT ???

Wakeup
    Participant

You dont feed babes any solid food.
    They will vomit it all out,and stain your clothes.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    First you need to be born again.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 21 2014,15:30)
    Hi WU,

N

are you born again ??? if yes why are you still on milk???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 21 2014,20:30)
    Hi WU,

First learn the meaning of the word; born; and then the word again.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WU,
    Hebrews 10:22
    let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 22 2014,00:03)
    Hi WU,
    let us draw near with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

N

could you explain that verse like in common English every day spoken words

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 22 2014,09:41)

Hi WU,

N

Do you prefer to read it in hebew or greek;
    Which is so much easier to understand in your case.
    The old english is so hard to comprehend.
    Thou and thy, for an english speaking, is so hard to pick up.
    I bet you you read a hebrew and greek bible fluently.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ May 22 2014,04:53)

Hi WU,

N

wakeup.

wakeup

it seem you do not understand what I am asking ,so do not mock me with your ignorance ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ May 22 2014,13:23)

Quote (Wakeup @ May 22 2014,04:53)

Hi WU,

N

wakeup.

wakeup

it seem you do not understand what I am asking ,so do not mock me with your ignorance ,

But you can mock the king james bible,
    with your ignorance.
    Its easier for you to understand hebrew and greek.

wakeup.

Participant

Quote (journey42 @ May 19 2014,21:09)
    Hi Marty

The scripture you gave is referring to Christ?

Hi J42:

I know that is what is traditionally taught, but the Hebrew states Jehovah, the LORD, not the Lord, and I cannot seem to reconcile this view with the rest of the scriptures.

If it does refer to Jesus, then it cannot refer to the time he is coming for the church, because the scripture states that he is coming with the clouds, and that we will meet him in the air, and the scriptures states in Zechariah 14 after this statement that then the LORD will come and all of the saints with him, or it can mean and “all of the Holy Angels with him”.

When the Lord comes for the church, all who are remaining at that time, will have received the mark of the beast, and there is no more forgiveness, once this happens. And it is doubtful that anyone will survive the seven last plagues, any way. At that time also, Satan will be bound for 1000 years. There will not be anyone alive on earth at that time.

Also, Psalm 18 states this:

Psa 18:6
    In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Psa 18:7
    Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.

Psa 18:8
    There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

Psa 18:9
    He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.

And so, this is also talking about Jehovah, it cannot be Jesus at this point. He had not been born.

Also, when the abomination of desolation is set up the scripture states this about the inhabitants of Judah:

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Is the following what these verses of scripture are describing. It is the same thing?

Zech 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

And this:

Luke 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Is this:

Ezekiel 38:8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them.

9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

14 Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord God; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

17 Thus saith the Lord God; Art thou he of whom I have spoken in old time by my servants the prophets of Israel, which prophesied in those days many years that I would bring thee against them?

The same as this:

Zech 14:14 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

And is this:

Zech 14:3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

The same as this:

Ezekiel 38:18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord God, that my fury shall come up in my face.

19 For in my jealousy and in the fire of my wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day
    there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;

20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at my presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.

21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.

22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

And this:

Zech 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

And so, these are the difficulties that I am having in reconciling what is being traditionally taught about the time frame of Zechariah 14, and that it is the feet of Jesus that will touch the mount of olives.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

journey42
    Participant

Hi Marty

I look forward to answering you tomorrow.  I didn't realise how late it is.

Wakeup
    Participant

Marty.

You have got some genuine solid questions there.
    I will leave that to J42.

wakeup.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Why do you say that ps 18 applies to the time before the birth of Jesus?

Surely it applies to his resurrection and to those in him who are taken up later.
    Of course from his anointing God is in him forever so what relates to him also relates to God.

Ps 18
    16 He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters.

17 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me.

18 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the Lord was my stay.

19 He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

God will stand on the earth in the vessel of Jesus Christ.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account