Who is Jesus?

This topic contains 2,355 replies, has 70 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,
    You are right that Ecclesiastes alone provides a human view of spiritual things.
    But for the enlightened philosophy alone is not evil nor sinful, just useless.
    We should know better than to spend our life wondering

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2010,13:49)
    Hi KW,
    You are right that Ecclesiastes alone provides a human view of spiritual things.
    But for the enlightened philosophy alone is not evil nor sinful, just useless.
    We should know better than to spend our life wondering

If it is so useless then why did God decide to include it in scripture?

Proverbs is the conclusions of various phylosiphical arguments,

Jesus logical reasoning at times as well as it is a teaching tool.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,
    God casts as wide a net as possible.
    He is love and He wants all men yo come to salvation.
    No matter where men come from, Atheism or Philosophy He wants them to come to Yahshua.

There they drop their follies and follow him.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2010,14:25)
    Hi KW,
    God casts as wide a net as possible.
    He is love and He wants all men yo come to salvation.
    No matter where men come from, Atheism or Philosophy He wants them to come to Yahshua.

There they drop their follies and follow him.

Nick,

You still seem to be accusing God of following “folies” for his own reasons.

I have read no book of Atheism in scripture but I have read a book of philosophies there.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,
    No you should not read into the net of God any sin.
    Wherever you come from when you come to the Master it is time for being changed.
    The world's view and human measures are seen in their true light as weak and almost useless and the revelation of God becomes paramount..

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,
    Is your need to judge and condemn based on insecurity?
    Relax and soak in the word of God.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2010,15:17)
    Hi KW,

It is your fears that I believe are leading you astray.   You fear to be led wrongfully by those who use a tool and so disgard the tool.   It is not the tool you should discard but those desires that lead one astray,

When philosphy is used in scripture it is used correctly to teach, correct, and rebuke so we may grow in righteousness.

Even faith must be based on God's love or it is without purpose and thus it is written:

1 Corinthians 13:13(NIV) reads:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 18 2010,21:38)

Hi KW,

It is your fears that I believe are leading you astray.   You fear to be led wrongfully by those who use a tool and so disgard the tool.   It is not the tool you should discard but those desires that lead one astray,

When philosphy is used in scripture it is used correctly to teach, correct, and rebuke so we may grow in righteousness.

Even faith must be based on God's love or it is without purpose and thus it is written:

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

KW

what is the love of God ??? not in scriptures but in you own understanding THERE OF ?

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2010,22:03)

Hi KW,

It is your fears that I believe are leading you astray.   Your fear to be led wrongfully by those who use a tool and so discard the tool.   It is not the tool you should discard but those desires that lead one astray,

When philosophy is used in scripture it is used correctly to teach, correct, and rebuke so we may grow in righteousness.

KW

what is the love of God ??? not in scriptures but in you own understanding THERE OF ?

Do you believe God exists?  His love is in his every action whether it is writing Scripture, enacting legislation, providing for each of our needs or calling for us to change and do what is right.  

My point is that God's love need to fill each of us so that we love as he loves.  In this way we truly keep his commandments and we do no wrong whether we engage in philosophical pursuits or any other pass time.  

Just as God uses philosophy to rebuke, correct, rebuke, and train his people in righteousness so do his people.

God's love is in himself and thus you need to be reborn in the Spirit to love as he loves.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 19 2010,04:35)

Quote (terraricca @ Mar. 18 2010,22:03)

Hi KW,

It is your fears that I believe are leading you astray.   Your fear to be led wrongfully by those who use a tool and so discard the tool.   It is not the tool you should discard but those desires that lead one astray,

When philosophy is used in scripture it is used correctly to teach, correct, and rebuke so we may grow in righteousness.

KW

Do you believe God exists?  His love is in his every action whether it is writing Scripture, enacting legislation, providing for each of our needs or calling for us to change and do what is right.  

My point is that God's love need to fill each of us so that we love as he loves.  In this way we truly keep his commandments and we do no wrong whether we engage in philosophical pursuits or any other pass time.  

Just as God uses philosophy to rebuke, correct, rebuke, and train his people in righteousness so do his people.

God's love is in himself and thus you need to be reborn in the Spirit to love as he loves.

KW

yes i do believe in God with the deepest feelings of my heart,and mind,and breath.

but i agree with what you say.

philosophy=way of live

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Terricca wrote:

yes i do believe in God with the deepest feelings of my heart,and mind,and breath.

but i agree with what you say.

That is the way it should be for God blesses those who seek him with all their heart.

Terricca wrote:

philosophy=way of live

I believe that is the reason Jesus student's were called “disciples”; who are student/adherents of a particular philosophy.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,

Hi KW,
    You differ with Paul on the value of philosophy.
    Col2.8
    “See that no one takes you captive through philosophy and deception, according to the tradition of men”
    You will need salve for your eyes because earth limits your vision.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Nick Hassan wrote:

You differ with Paul on the value of philosophy.
    Col2.8
    “See that no one takes you captive through philosophy and deception, according to the tradition of men”
    You will need salve for your eyes because earth limits your vision.

You are mistaken as Paul does not call all philosophy deceptive but only that which relies on the “traditions of men.”   Philosophy that relies on the commands of God is the kind of philosophy I speak of.

Jesus addressed a similar matter when speaking to the Pharisees and scribes.

Mark 7:8(NKJV) reads:

For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men—the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do.”

Here is the end of Colossians 2 and Paul is actually addressing the same type of things Jesus is in Mark 7.

Colossians 2:20-23(NKJV) reads:

Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— “Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,326

Hi KW,
    We do not judge the Word of God or the Spirit that wrote it through men and the choice of God to use philosophical styles in Ecclesiastes and Proverbs.
    But that does not sanctify the philosophy of men which relies on logic and human wisdom and weak measures to try to fathom the ways of God.
    The Philosophers of Athens in Acts 17 loved to discuss trifles to no profit for themselves or their listeners and God passed them by.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,384

Nick……..But you are trying to be the Judge if it is the Philosophy of Men or GOD , in light of your Personal dogmas or understood Philosophies. You have postured yourself as right, and all who disagree with you as (VAIN Deceivers) There in lies the Problem here. What Kerwin has said is right and when you accuse others of being Gnostic's or Worldly Philosophers and even being so bold as saying God Passes them By, you are making yourself a Judge of GOD”S Hertiage and this should bother you more than anything else should. Because you do not understand what some are saying does not make it right or wrong ,or give you a right to ridicule, especially if it is a matter of your lack of understanding is all. IMO

Viewing 15 posts - 2,326 through 2,340 (of 2,356 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account