What is your confession regarding Jesus

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    DavidL
    Participant

what I’m saying about secular movies is there’s a very strong demonic force at work through them that is aimed specifically at unsuspecting Christians with the intent of bringing us under seductive spirits of deception without our awareness…to put another way – they are the active work of witchcraft, and I believe it is only folly for us to keep buying into this sort of entertainment, when the Bible clearly tells us to be separate form the world..

remember that the definition of deception is being led astray without the realization of it happening..

if you don’t accept my advice – ask God..He will show you..

DavidL
    Participant

in the end I cannot really expect that you will, or even can, acknowledge your error, because, like the Pharisees of old, you have built up for yourself a kingdom of false theology – you have too much to lose……

what I do expect, is that you are really laying the foundation for your own religious cult (which again of course you would deny..but time will tell)..

Remember – teachers are held to a higher degree of accountability, because you will influence the eternal outcome of others..thinking you are enlightening people – when really you are leading them astray..

“But evil men and IMPOSTORS will proceed from bad to worse, DECEIVING AND BEING DECEIVED. You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them..” – 2 Timothy 3:13-14

Admin
    Keymaster

You are absolutely entitled your view of course. And the site promotes free speech. Of course I disagree with your assessment, but it is your opinion and so I respect that.

Admin
    Keymaster

Jesus said, “this is eternal life, that you may know the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ whom HE has sent.

I believe this and this is my teaching.

Yet you want me to believe, “This is eternal life, that you may know that Jesus is the one true God”.

So which one is human reasoning and which one is just pure scripture?

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Yet you want me to believe, “There is one God the Father, the Son, and the Spirit. And one Lord, the Lord Father, Lord Son, and Lord Spirit

Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Yet you want me to believe that “the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is not God because he is God.”

there is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Yet you want me to believe that there is one Body, One Spirit…One Lord, the Father, Lord the Son, Lord the Spirit, and one God the Father, one God the Son, one God the Spirit.

How more obvious does it need to be?

Remember to take the log out of your eye before telling me to remove a speck.

2besee
    Participant

David,
    You say a lot of good things and I agree. Apart from one thing: be careful not to judge dreams and visions and revelations.

T8,
    Peoples theology in christology matters not. Trinitarian, Arian, whatever. BUT, be careful of Arian beliefs, that you do not deny the spirit (more on that soon).

I am not trinitarian, I am not Arian. I have my own beliefs, but I do not or will not teach them or preach them to other believers. We are called to save the lost.

Despite my differences, I was raised in a Christian church, baptized at 15, lost for decades after, then found and saved in my 30s. What drew me back, was watching a television sermon by a trinitarian evangelist. Then a Catholic friend, gifted in discernment, healing, and deliverance against the enemy. She walked with God.

My parents are now Catholic, and again it matters not, and my beliefs matter not to them, they are just happy I am saved, and I know they will be in heaven.

See, I can be with a trinitarian and feel the spirit in them. I can hear a sermon by a trinitarian, and be moved spiritually to tears.

I can also easily discern hypocracy and deceit, and it upsets me, in trinitarians or arians, it matters not their theology, but its what’s within them.

In my small town, one day I saw a stranger, Indian, wearing a long coat and a big cross around his neck. I was drawn to him. Fellow Christian traveler. His theology mattered not. His cross told it all.

In town the other day, Christians handing out pamphlets about Jesus’ love (big tough Maoris!), God bless them! They are being fruitful, saving the lost, just as Jesus commissioned.

Yes, JWs door knock, but they deny the spirit, and the power of God. Of such we are told to keep away. They are modern day arians.

Elitism, seperation from the body, bitterness, it its not healthy, nor fruitful.

God is spirit, and is not explainable by our minds, but is spiritually perceived. God just ‘is’ God.

I believe you have lost discernment. Sorry but that is what I see.

Admin
    Keymaster

Wondering, I am glad you say that you are not a Trinitarian nor an Arian. Just a believer and follower of Christ. That is my stance too. For one says I am a follower of Paul, another a follower of Peter, and still another says, Athanasius or Arius. Need I say anymore concerning that.

And I agree that our theology is not a salvation issue necessarily and that God can use a man who believes in one God the Father, and can work in another who says, one God the Father, Son, and Spirit, or even a man who believes that Jesus was originally from South America.

But I disagree that doctrine is not important. It is still very important. The reason we struggle with it today and accept the traditions of men as if they are the commandments of God is because many of these traditions took root over the centuries when men were denied the scriptures. And because they have been with us for so long now, many accept them and cannot even imagine that there may be errors. But the Reformation should put that idea to rest because many important corrections came from the Reformation. Why do we think it should stop? If the Church was without spot and blemish, then the Lord might have taken her out of the world already.

Now hear what our brother Paul has to say concerning this.

Titus 1:9: He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

1 Timothy 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

2 John 1:9
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Admin
    Keymaster

I tell you a truth. I get into trouble for saying, “That there is one God the Father, and one Lord the Lord Jesus Christ”. People dispute it when I say, that the only true God is the Father and it was the true God that sent Jesus into the world. And when I say that Jesus is not God, but the son of God who Jesus made messiah and Lord I get into really deep trouble.

Yet I only repeat the words of Jesus himself and the words of Paul and Peter. If those words are divisive then that is not my fault, but Jesus, Peter and Paul. Something is seriously wrong if Christians attack or challenge me for repeating scripture.

Jesus came to bring a sword. And remember that Jesus was opposed to the doctrines of the religious establishment of his time. He challenged centuries of doctrine for good reason. In fact he had more problem with them than anyone else it seems. It was even them that put him to death.

This is why we read in John 16:2

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the hour cometh, that whosoever killeth you shall think that he offereth service unto God.

Be not surprised then that many will hate you and persecute you. Even from among those that follow the religious status quo and centuries old Christian tradition. Because it is one thing to know tradition, the commandments of men, and the doctrine of devils, and quite another to let scripture teach you and be led by the Spirit of God.

Admin
    Keymaster

God is spirit, and is not explainable by our minds, but is spiritually perceived. God just ‘is’ God.
    I believe you have lost discernment. Sorry but that is what I see.

With respect, truth is very important. Jesus built his Church on the truth of who he is. If we preach another Jesus, then we build our own Church. This is what has happened. To go with the flow and not restore the truth would be reckless. The Trinity is not the foundation, rather it is what we read in Matthew 16:13-20

13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,b and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will bed bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will bee loosed in heaven.” 20 Then he ordered his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Messiah.

Admin
    Keymaster

You said:

Elitism, seperation from the body, bitterness, it its not healthy, nor fruitful.

That is not the same as reinforcing what we are told to believe about our Lord and sharing that with the body, (Note: not one particular denomination but the body). Is Reformation elitism or a hunger for truth. Preaching the truth and repeating scripture is not elitist, it is what we should be doing. I think you underestimate the importance of what we are suppose to believe.

Matthew 24:45-47
    45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47 Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.

Admin
    Keymaster

You said:

Plenty of people are saved without believing in your specific doctrine, and they have the fruit to show it.

When I believed in the Trinity Doctrine God worked through me. He works through us despite our shortcomings and weaknesses. But we are suppose to move onto the meat of the Word too. And it is somewhat different for teachers. Many believe in the Trinity Doctrine but do not understand it and thus speak little of it. But teachers are judged stronger and so teachers need to be careful what they teach. If we stick with scripture we do well. If we embrace creeds and traditions that came later, then we can be led astray.

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi

when we come to God and Christ should we not come to them naked ???

i mean spiritually naked ;not with old fashioned religion /believes from other men or other organizations ,i think it should be that way ;if not we are placing our opinions and faith in our own hands ,and so reject the written word of God ,as he presented to us ,

Anonymous
    Inactive

in this i can not share your view DavidL,i wish i could but i can’t for i do not follow men views over Gods statement,and an angel statement ,and christ himself statement ,and other witnesses ,taking the statement of a truly confused man ,from making one mistake,and then to another ,do not fall on the mistake of others ;make sound judgement based on true solid statement ;

Jn 1:33 I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’
    Jn 1:34 I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God.”

DavidL
    Participant

These debates over doctrine only produces the fruit of bitterness, and never bring people any closer to the truth..my advice is not to get tangled up in them..it actually leads you away from the Spirit’s guidance..to rely instead on human reasoning for our understanding..

I believe that when we’re born again, we are given a divine revelation of Jesus as God, in our spirit…which is why we never have to question it.. until men with carnal understanding use Scripture to question and deny this truth about Jesus – Colossians 2:9

Admin
    Keymaster

Tell me then brother. If this is true, then why did you engage me in a debate. I never asked for a debate. I only wanted to share what scripture was teaching, but most denominations were ignoring. I thought you being zealous would understand these scriptures. And this is easy for you to say. Much of your belief is permissible because the early Reformers challenged the many false doctrines of their day. If it were not for them, we may still be in the dark ages without a bible to read from and believing all kinds of superstitions as a result. Be careful what you say David, there is much more to your words than just how you are feeling. I mean had you lived back then, would you be attacking these Reformers too? Do you not think it is possible that God could be reforming the Church even further. Or are we at the point of knowing all now? No, we are still learning and we still need to throw out many traditions and creeds of men that have crept in over the centuries just as our brother Paul warned us about.

And your belief that being born again means that you believe that Jesus is God is your opinion. What scripture teaches us that this is the foundation of the Church?

The true confession that all will eventually get around to saying (including you) is that Jesus is Lord and we will confess this to the glory of God the Father who is the only true God. We are also required to believe that he is the son of this true God and the messiah that this God sent. If this upsets you then you need to ask yourself some hard questions.

You cannot refute my words because they are scripture and there is not one ounce of a man-made creed or tradition that I have spoken in this post. If you want to fight the Word of God, then it will only cut you up.

And if you truly believe that debating is wrong then why do you continue to do so. Surely that is an obvious question you should have asked yourself, even before making that statement.

I am not here to bring harm to you David, but I am here to defend the faith that was delivered to us by Jesus and the Apostles. Whatever side you fall on here is up to you, but I will not apologise for teaching the foundation. I would rather you get upset than build on any other foundation and be in happy ignorance.

Also please be aware that I am not challenging you in any way as to your relationship with God and his son Jesus Christ. I encourage you to continue being zealous for them, but not as Saul, but Paul.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

My confession regarding Jesus is this:

“You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:16)

We must all remember that Jesus was begotten BY God. (Psalm 2:7, John 3:16)

Jesus is a creation OF God. (Col 1:15, Rev 3:14)

Jesus is the Son OF God. (Matt 16:16)

Jesus is the Word/Spokesman OF God. (John 1:1, Rev 19:13)

Jesus is the Messiah/Christ/Anointed One OF God. (Luke 2:11, Acts 2:36)

Jesus is the sacrificial Lamb OF God. (John 1:29, Rev 7:10)

Jesus is the Holy one OF God. (Mark 1:24, John 6:69)

Jesus is a prophet OF God. (Luke 4:24, Acts 3:22)

Jesus is an angel/messenger OF God. (John 8:28, 12:49,

Galatians 4:14, Revelation 22:16)

Jesus is the mediator BETWEEN God and men. (1 Tim 2:5)

Jesus is a Priest OF God. (Heb 5:10)

Jesus is a Servant OF God. (Acts 4:30)

Jesus OBEYS God. (John 8:29, 12:49)

Jesus WORSHIPS God. (John 4:22)

Jesus says his God is greater than him, and all. (John 14:28, 10:29)

Jesus says that our God is also his own God. (John 20:17, Rev 3:12)

Jesus distinguishes himself as someone OTHER THAN his God. (John 10:36, 17:3)

Jesus was sent BY God. (Gal 4:4)

Jesus sits at the right hand OF God. (Mark 16:19, Acts 2:33)

Jesus rules in the power, authority, and name OF God. (Micah 5:4, Matt 28:18)

Jesus will hand the reign of the Kingdom back to his own God. (1 Cor 15:24, 28)

When I hear people saying that things that CONTRADICT the scriptures were “revealed to them by spirit”, I think of this verse:

1 John 4:1
    Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

A spirit from God would NEVER tell someone something that CONTRADICTS many clear scriptures. If a spirit is telling any one of you that Jesus actually IS the very God he is the SON OF, then you need to test that spirit against the scriptures. God gave us the scriptures and common sense for a reason. We need to use BOTH of them.

Anonymous
    Inactive

SO MEN VIEW OVERRUNS GOD DIRECT STATEMENT ??? HUMM ,IS THAT WISE ???

DavidL
    Participant

Paul in 2 Corinthians 11 declares his grave concern for believers stating that just as the Serpent deceived Eve in the garden, so also Satan might lead them astray IN THEIR MINDS from that place of simple dependence on Jesus Christ…

In this we can see that the very first temptation in the garden is still used by the enemy today to confound and lead believers astray..

JESUS IS LORD
    Everyone here accepts and believes that Jesus Christ is Lord ( meaning: Master, Ruler, one who possess supreme authority) This is also my confession – not just as supreme Ruler of the world..but Beloved Master of my life.

JESUS IS GOD
    Here this supreme title of Jesus, as God, is denied because of bias against church doctrine and creeds (and reliance on human understanding and carnal reasoning), yet throughout the whole Bible Jesus is clearly identified as God. (Isaiah 9:6 – Revelation 1:8)
    This is spoken of by the Apostles as a great mystery (Vines describes a mystery as, ‘being outside the range of unassisted natural apprehension’ – which explains why some people have a problem with it).

When one is saved, and reads their Bible.. the Divinity of Jesus (as GOD) is a revelation imparted to the Believer (in his spirit) by the Holy Spirit..
    They have a pure and simple understanding of Jesus (which is why most believers don’t have a problem with this)…until, the Deceiver comes along..”Yea, hath God said…?” (Genesis 3:1)

The pure and simple Word of God is suddenly brought into question, and the seed of doubt planted IN THE MIND.. ‘does the Bible really say, the Word WAS God.. or is it really that the Bible translator is putting his own doctrinal bias onto this verse…??? Maybe he didn’t understand koinie Greek as well as he should have, and made a mistake with the definite Article..???’ and so the deception starts…

Then comes the denial, and the contradiction – ‘No, Jesus isn’t God..’ And now instead of trusting implicitly in what the Bible says, and the revelation we receive through it – we are lead away from this pure and simple dependence, to the speculations of MAN..!!!!

God would not preserve His Word for us down through the many centuries of darkness and martyrdom, only to present us today with something defective..!!! Trust in the Word completely and rely on the Holy Spirit to guide you – don’t make the mistake of listening to the confusion of those who THINK they understand the Scripture better than others, and even the Bible translators themselves…!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

For sure Jesus is called a god in a few scriptures. But he is also clearly called the Son of the MOST HIGH God.

There are indeed many gods and many lords, in heaven and on earth – just as Paul clearly told us in 1 Cor 8:5 – and as is attested in many, many other scriptures.

Satan is one of these gods. Jesus is also one of them. Angels and demons are also called gods in many scriptures.

So the only question that remains is: Where in scripture is Jesus ever called the MOST HIGH god? Because we know he is called the SON OF the Most High God in Luke 1:32 and 8:28.

DavidL
    Participant

MY BIBLE tells me – the Word WAS God…!!!
    YOU tell me – my Bible’s wrong…!!!

(simple question) – Who do I listen to..??

(easy answer) – My Bible..!!

I put my whole trust in God’s inspired Word – and NOT in man’s philosophy. END OF STORY.!!!

DavidL
    Participant

MY BIBLE tells me – the Word WAS God…!!!
    YOU tell me – my Bible’s wrong…!!!

(simple question) – Who do I listen to..??

(easy answer) – My Bible..!!

I put my whole trust in God’s inspired Word – and NOT in man’s philosophy. END OF STORY.!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account