Is the TV or Internet the Image of the Beast?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Camillia
    Participant

Revelation 13
    11 Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth; and it had two horns like a lamb and it spoke as a dragon. 12 It exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence. And it makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 It performs great signs, so that it even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men. 14 And it deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given it to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life. 15 And it was given to it to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And it causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17 and it provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of  man; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

Camillia
    Participant

t8 wrote:

As for the Web, is it worship or is it just going about daily activities.

Take my situation. I am a Web designer by trade, so I spend my working life building websites. I do my reading on the Web as opposed to books, and I watch much video on the Web as opposed to adhering to the timetables of TV. I sometimes play games on the Web with my kids, which is the same as playing games in real life with them, but useful on a rainy day, (but without the exercise). I keep in touch with friends further afield through Facebook instead of writing letters.  Further, I get most of my news from the Web rather than read a newspaper because it is up to the minute and requires no trees to be cut down.

I could do all these things the old fashion way, but is doing that through the Web really any different?

I think there is a difference.

One is reality. The other is an image of reality.

Exodus 20:3 says: “You shall have no other gods before Me. “You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. “You shall not worship them or serve them.”

Camillia
    Participant

This video is worth watching (if you can stay awake through it!)

Camillia
    Participant

WWW=666 in ancient Hebrew and other languages (source Wikipedia and Hebrew for Christians)
    The first Apple computer sold for $666.66 (source Wikipedia. Bitten Apple logo and pun on bite/byte.
    God said not to make a graven image of anything in the heaven above, earth below or sea (full-stop) and not to worship or SERVE that image.

More: Google Chromes new Logo shows three sixes.

Of course despite the evidence which one of us would want to admit there is a possibility when true admittance would mean total abstinence from the Net?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account