What did Christ mean?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
     terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,03:35)
    Hi,
    seek and you will find
    seek grace

We could do even greater things than he did Jesus said.

nICK

WHAT SCRIPTURE SUPPORT YOUR COMMENT ???

journey42 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 3,039

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,08:35)
    Hi,
    seek and you will find
    seek grace

Since I have put this post on quite some time ago, my understanding has increased.  I understand this more clearly now.

Matthew 17:20   And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

It just simply means that whatever is impossible for men, is possible for God.

It's got nothing to do about moving a tree really.  It's just giving us an example that prayers can be answered.
    Some things are just too impossible for men to fix, but with God all things are possible.  If we have faith,  and ask for help, our burdens can be lifted.  God will move in, and do the impossible, making it possible now.

Matthew 19:26   But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 9:23   Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27   And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Luke 18:27   And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Thank you for bringing this up again, to give me the opportunity to rectify.
    Since this post was written, God has proven to me in my own personal life that by trusting him, he has done the most amazing things, to turn situations around entirely, which was not possible to do by myself or anybody else in this world.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (journey42 @ April 18 2014,08:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 18 2014,08:35)
    Hi,
    seek and you will find
    seek grace

Since I have put this post on quite some time ago, my understanding has increased.  I understand this more clearly now.

Matthew 17:20   And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

It just simply means that whatever is impossible for men, is possible for God.

It's got nothing to do about moving a tree really.  It's just giving us an example that prayers can be answered.
    Some things are just too impossible for men to fix, but with God all things are possible.  If we have faith,  and ask for help, our burdens can be lifted.  God will move in, and do the impossible, making it possible now.

Matthew 19:26   But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Mark 9:23   Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 10:27   And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.

Luke 18:27   And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.

Thank you for bringing this up again, to give me the opportunity to rectify.  
    Since this post was written, God has proven to me in my own personal life that by trusting him, he has done the most amazing things, to turn situations around entirely, which was not possible to do by myself or anybody else in this world.

j42

;think now
    MT 13:31 He presented another parable to them, saying, “ The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field;

Christ also said ;

MK 4:31 “It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that are upon the soil,
    LK 13:19 “It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and threw into his own garden; and it grew and became a tree, and THE BIRDS OF THE AIR NESTED IN ITS BRANCHES.”

Da 4:10 These are the visions I saw while lying in my bed: I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous.
    Da 4:11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
    Da 4:12 Its leaves were beautiful, its fruit abundant, and on it was food for all. Under it the beasts of the field found shelter, and the birds of the air lived in its branches; from it every creature was fed.

do you see the similarities ???

journey42 
    Participant
    • Topics started 79
    • Total replies 3,039

Quote (terraricca @ April 18 2014,15:16)
    j42

;think now
    MT 13:31 He presented another parable to them, saying, “ The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field;

Christ also said ;

MK 4:31 “It is like a mustard seed, which, when sown upon the soil, though it is smaller than all the seeds that are upon the soil,
    LK 13:19 “It is like a mustard seed, which a man took and threw into his own garden; and it grew and became a tree, and THE BIRDS OF THE AIR NESTED IN ITS BRANCHES.”

Da 4:10 These are the visions I saw while lying in my bed: I looked, and there before me stood a tree in the middle of the land. Its height was enormous.
    Da 4:11 The tree grew large and strong and its top touched the sky; it was visible to the ends of the earth.
    Da 4:12 Its leaves were beautiful, its fruit abundant, and on it was food for all. Under it the beasts of the field found shelter, and the birds of the air lived in its branches; from it every creature was fed.

do you see the similarities ???

Yes I do Pierre, but that's a different parable.  That mustard seed in Mark 4:31 and Luke 13:19 is the Word of God sown.  (the kingdom preached on earth starts off small then grows)

My first explanation just made it too difficult to understand.  The parable was so simple really, and I just went into too much depth which was going off track.  I apologise for this.

It's just a simple message, if we have faith even a little, God can perform the impossible and Christ likened it to moving a mountain from one place to another at our request, most men would think this is impossible.  The mountain being thrown into the sea is just a way of God telling us that whatever is in the way, if we ask him, he can remove (lift our burdens)

And what you say is true also, but concerns the kingdom as a whole, and not our need for God to step in as an individual and change our lives.
    …But that tree in Daniel symbolised Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom, and him being that tree that was cut down. A different story.

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

j42

But that tree in Daniel symbolised Nebuchadnezzar's kingdom, and him being that tree that was cut down. A different story.

was Nebu not chosen by God ??? was Christ chosen by God ??? was Nebu kingdom thought in all the world ??? was Christ kingdom not preach in all the earth ??? whas nebu cut down ??? was Christ cut down ??? was not Christ the seed of the tree (kingdom that feeds the world ) ??? is not the gospel food for all ???

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi t,
    Jn 14.12

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2014,15:51)
    Hi t,
    Jn 14.12

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water ***shall thirst again***:

What about: Who ever bath in this water;***shall get dirty again***.
    Like a washed pig, will wallow in the mud again.

wakeup.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi WU,
    So you think is is better not to preach the gospel because [other] people may backslide?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi,
    WU has refused to answer this question calling it mickey mouse

” Do you not believe that Jesus is the Christ? “

Is it difficult for others?

Wakeup 
    Participant
    • Topics started 386
    • Total replies 13,735

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 23 2014,14:37)
    Hi,
    WU has refused to answer this question calling it mickey mouse

” Do you not believe that Jesus is the Christ? “

Is it difficult for others?

As I have said; read my posr explaining the Word
    of God that you can not comprehend.

wakeup.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi WU,
    Perhaps you are too shy to say.
    Or perhaps too frightened to threaten your fondly cherished dogmas?

If you said you do then you would be saying you have been born again.

But that is unlikely given the nonsense you speak

terraricca 
    Participant
    • Topics started 67
    • Total replies 28,224

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 19 2014,10:51)
    Hi t,
    Jn 14.12

n

Jn 14:12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
    Jn 14:13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
    Jn 14:14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it

it seems Jesus was not talking about you is it ???

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi,

Faith puts us in touch with the enormous powers and abilities of our Mighty God.

Pray expecting Him to respond.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,325

Hi LU,

Peter said of Jesus

“You are the Christ, the SON of the living God.”

Jesus agreed and said his words were from the Holy Spirit.

Do you agree that Jesus is the anointed one, the Son OF the living God?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account