Was Donald chosen by God?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 766 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Jesus was not part of the world and so were his disciple and so should all those that walk has Christ did ,

voting for a worldly government make you a part of that world like or not

Proclaimer
    Participant

Of course you don’t have to vote if it is not mandatory I shouldn’t even have to elaborate on that. But if it were law, then perhaps so. Paying tax is mandatory under the laws of the world and Jesus said to obey that. For me, if a leader arose and one of his or her policies was to make abortion illegal, then instead of me praying about this situation of mass murder, I could actually help to end it by voting. Yes it is good to pray but it is better to take action when you have the chance. Faith without works is dead.

As for Jesus voting? As I said, if it was mandatory, then I guess he would vote just as he would pay tax. If not, then I cannot speak on behalf of Jesus as to what he would do. I am not sure that there is anything left to debate about this. The only argument you will get from me is if you say that Jesus would never vote regardless of whether it was mandatory or not. I would question that because it would be you who assumes what Jesus would do.

terraricca
    Participant

you should study Israel when they ask for a king like the nation around them ,who did they rejected ?

when Jesus came the chosen king of God what did Jesus preached ? a return to submission to God his father

now how can you say that voting for a world man made leader will be in harmony with God’s will ,compulsory or not ,the question would be were does our faith stands with God or the world
    this as to be answered in our own heart

Proclaimer
    Participant

you should study Israel when they ask for a king like the nation around them ,who did they rejected ?

when Jesus came the chosen king of God what did Jesus preached ? a return to submission to God his father

You are agreeing with me then. While the people wanted a king like the other nations, God gave them what they wanted but at a price too. Then God chose David. If God can choose a leader then is it really impossible to think that we as Believers would not choose a leader that was going to abolish a great evil? Or should we just be like the JWs and not get involved because they believe it is wrong to be involved in politics.

terraricca
    Participant

I don’t care what the jw’s think or do ,but what scriptures teaches,

as followers of Christ we cannot support Christ and the world ,every one should make up his mind of who he want to serve ;I chose to serve God not the world ,

since I chose to serve God my live does no longer belong to me but to God and so I am not of this world but of God’s world and will,

you have misinterpret what I said about Israel wanting a king ,for God chose Saul to be king ,the later was David ,

this shows that people made wrong choices and pick men to rule over them when they should chose God ,just as Jesus teaches us

Proclaimer
    Participant

God chose Israel as his nation to show the world that he was God. The other nations gods couldn’t win against the God of Israel. The only times they were defeated were when they rejected him. The USA, Australia, New Zealand etc are not Israel. You are free to not vote for anyone, but if it were against the law, would you still abstain from voting and break the law? Do you even pay taxes? Personally, I try to use my vote for the one who has more consideration for godly things. That is my choice. Our leaders have power and a nation gets the leader they deserve. And when people do nothing about evil, then evil prevails.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

One of the ways we can fight evil rulers is with our vote believe it or not. We the people vote them in or not. But you are free to let the god of this world put his man in power even though you have one vote to help change that. It is your right in the USA to throw your vote away. But I disagree with your view that others should follow you or that I should take your advice. We should all be led by the Spirit of truth and do what works that are in line with our faith. As I said before. “Faith without works is dead”. I think it possible that if enough people will pray, then God can heal their land and give them a leader worthy of ruling them. Not all nations are evil, but yes we as individuals and as nations are not perfect.

terraricca
    Participant

i pay taxes for the government give me roads,/police/laws for peace/schools, ect

I don’t vote for my conscience does not allow me to do so,disregard if it is compulsory or not ,

would you go and kill people for your gov. ask you to do it ? even when it is compulsory ? I don’t ,

you seem to mix good work with bad works

Proclaimer
    Participant

Voting is not against the law of God and neither are taxes. But murder is breaking a commandment. I will let you answer your own question.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Who would have thought he would be 1 point ahead at this late stage. It is anyone’s race now.

terraricca
    Participant

if you are from the world you are right voting is a part of your world but if you are of God’s and Christ world then you have already voted for their kingdom ,voting for another kingdom(worldly)you are then betraying the other one ,you cannot serve two masters.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Prove to me in scripture that voting for a president is against the Kingdom of God. Scripture says we are not of the world but we are in it. So my guess is that we participate in living in this world and choose rightly in all that we do. If Christians didn’t vote, then that could speed up their own demise by allowing evil to vote for their own kind. Further, if you had the chance to vote against abortion, but denied doing it because you thought it evil to vote, then only non-believers get to vote and keep abortion. which is murder. I will google the answer for you because I feel I am spending too much time on this topic.

Proclaimer
    Participant

It is our contention that it is the duty and responsibility of every Christian to vote and to vote for leaders who promote Christian principles. God is most certainly in control, but that does not mean we should do nothing to further His will. We are commanded to pray for our leaders (1 Timothy 2:1-4). In terms of politics and leadership, there is evidence in Scripture that God has been displeased with our choices of leadership at times (Hosea 8:4). The evidence of sin’s grip on this world is everywhere. Much of the suffering on earth is because of godless leadership (Proverbs 28:12). Scripture gives Christians instructions to obey legitimate authority unless it contradicts the Lord’s commands (Acts 5:27-29; Romans 13:1-7). As born-again believers, we ought to strive to choose leaders who will be themselves led by our Creator (1 Samuel 12:13-25). Candidates or proposals that violate the Bible’s commands for life, family, marriage, or faith should never be supported (Proverbs 14:34).

Christians in many countries in this world are oppressed and persecuted. They suffer under governments they are powerless to change and governments that hate their faith and silence their voices. These believers preach the gospel of Jesus Christ at risk of their own lives. In the U.S.A., Christians have been blessed with the right to speak about and choose their leaders without fearing for themselves or their families.

In our day and age, there are many who want to drive the name and message of Christ completely out of the public arena. Voting is an opportunity to promote, protect, and preserve godly government. Passing up that opportunity means letting those who would denigrate the name of Christ have their way in our lives. The leaders we elect—or do nothing to remove—have great influence on our freedoms. They can choose to protect our right to worship and spread the gospel, or they can restrict those rights. They can lead our nation toward righteousness or toward moral disaster. As Christians, we should stand up and follow our command to fulfill our civic duties (Matthew 22:21).

https://gotquestions.org/Christians-vote.html

terraricca
    Participant

you quoting many scriptures but all what God wants is that all men do his will if not then only those that do it will be blessed and saved ,

remember when Elie said and believed he was the only one left to be a true worshiper of God ,and yet God told him NO, there are 7000 others like you ,

tell me how come Elie did not know them ?,yet he was the prophet in all Israel

what I can understand from our discussion is that we do not have the same heart and conscience for the truth of God ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

You have your views. When I am presented with for example a way to help end abortion/murder, I would probably take it rather than leave it alone to market forces. There are many things I do that I have not had a specific word from YHWH to do. I so the shopping sometimes and give things to people when I see a need. Sometimes God may say to do a specific thing or to not do it, but by and large I live and make decisions everyday and I believe that this is how we all live.

You are free not to vote toward a better country that is your choice, but I disagree that it is a worldly thing to do. We are clearly told to pray for our leaders, so we should be mindful of leadership.

You remind me of a kid who asks his father if he can go to the playground. Upon taking you there, you then ask him each time if you can play on the swing, then the slide, etc. But God wants us to stand on our own two feet. If he allows us to go to the playground, then are we not free to play there? It is not wrong to make every day decisions in this world and to vote and leave our mark.

If we leave it to wicked people to vote only, then they will have the power over you. Needless to say this is just plain obvious.

Like I said, you don’t have to vote, but you shouldn’t judge others who have the conviction to do so. That is my opinion on the matter.

terraricca
    Participant

2Pe 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
    2Pe 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
    2Pe 1:5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
    2Pe 1:6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
    2Pe 1:7 and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
    2Pe 1:8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    2Pe 1:9 But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
    2Pe 1:10 Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
    2Pe 1:11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2Pe 1:15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.
    2Pe 1:16 We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
    2Pe 1:17 For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
    2Pe 1:18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.
    2Pe 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
    2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation.
    2Pe 1:21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

False Teachers and Their Destruction

2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
    2Pe 2:3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
    2Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment;
    2Pe 2:5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others;
    2Pe 2:6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;
    2Pe 2:7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men
    2Pe 2:8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—
    2Pe 2:9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.
    2Pe 2:10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority.

2Pe 2:18 For they mouth empty, boastful words and, by appealing to the lustful desires of sinful human nature, they entice people who are just escaping from those who live in error.
    2Pe 2:19 They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity—for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.
    2Pe 2:20 If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.

this is my view

Proclaimer
    Participant

I am glad your view is the very scriptures themselves. What about this one?

1 Timothy 2:1-3
    1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people 
    2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
    3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” 

You seem to argue against verse 2 from what I can see. Is this true or have I misconstrued your words?

terraricca
    Participant

can you show me that this is reflected in Jesus teachings ?

are kings not included in “ALL THOSE IN AUTHORITY” ?

is this not to give honor to those that claim it ?

or does it mean to serve them ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

If I had a chance to vote for a leader that would allow Believers to live peacefully compared with a leader that was going to destroy us, then I would certainly cast my vote, especially for the sake of my children. But I guess you wouldn’t because that is worldly, thus if there were enough Believers that held your view, then they would willingly give the power to evil. I am not sure who said this, but there is a saying that goes like this:

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Faith is not just words like prayer, it is action too. Without works, faith is dead.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I am not sure that Jesus spoke specifically about this mostly because the Roman Empire was not a democracy where citizens voted in their leaders. Not sure how it worked myself. But if you have a problem with Paul’s words that I quote, then I can certainly point to Jesus who said to render unto Caesar what is Caesars. This means that you give those who have authority their due. Likewise you give God his due. Even if the leader is godless or a pagan as Caesar was, you still have to respect his authority if he has authority over you because God has allowed it.

If I owed the bank money for a house I bought, then yes they may be corrupt and only love money, but they have authority over me because I owe them money. Thus as a Believer, God expects me to pay my debt and not be a shirker who says, they are evil and so I will not pay them anything because that would be partaking of their worldly ways.

My point is clear, we are in the world and not of it and by using our living faith, we can change outcomes in the world for the good of the Kingdom and those who belong to it. As Paul says, “that we may live peacefully”. If you think that is all worldly to get involved, then you are saying Paul teaches worldly advice and it would not be hard to imagine that your kind would soon be wiped of the face of the Earth as you revoke your say and give all the power and opportunity to evil people only. As the saying goes, “evil prevails when good people do nothing”, so you are playing into that.

If you just pray and not do, then I urge you to do as well. Praying is asking God, doing is taking advantage of the opportunity that God has given. Do not shirk away from doing things or changing things that forward God or his ways. But some will not do anything I suppose and they have all kinds of excuses as to why they abstain from doing. But sometimes it is better to just get off your butt and change the world. We are told to make disciples, so I see voting in people that will allow this as wise. Surely it is folly to give evil people the total vote and power to allow them to enslave you. Of course the latter has happened in the past and will happen again and we must deal with it. But I would not voluntarily allow it to happen. Be on guard because those who were not sometimes were enslaved.

As for Trump, I am not sure what he really would be like, and perhaps would not be my first vote from the candidates. However, the race is down to two now, and I know that Clinton wants late-term abortion and believes marriage is between a man and anything.

I wonder Terr if you are beyond teachable? Is your heart set and not malleable anymore? Can you accept what Paul says about how we should treat those who have authority over us? If you are a stubborn old man who cannot change, then is your time here a waste now?

Proclaimer
    Participant

This to me says that yes you are arguing against verse two, that you have a problem with Paul’s view here.

Is this the case?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 766 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account