Was Jesus Christ born in Bethlehem or born at the Jordan?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 894 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

What I hear is a devil speaking through you. Be still and listen to my explanation and your question will be answered.

I tried to answer you by pointing out that the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Spirit of God, The Spirit of God is God’s spirit as a human spirit is that of a human. In 1 Corinthians 2:10-11 uses the workings of the human spirit to describe the workings of the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:10-11Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The next verse explicitly states the Spirit we receive is the Spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 2:12Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Now we are also told that Jesus received the Spirit of God.

So it follows the Spirit came from eternity, as it is eternal, to Jesus at some period while he was in his mother’s womb. I do not know if that was when she was in Bethlehem or earlier in his life as she was in Nazareth or wherever else she was while she carried him.

There is but one Spirit, which is why I confess that the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Spirit of God.

Matthew 12:18Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

Miia
    Participant

‘how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.’ – Hebrews 9.14

4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit;
    5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord;
    6 and there are varieties of working, but it is the same God who inspires them all in every one.
    7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
    8 To one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit,
    9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
    10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another the ability to distinguish between spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
    11 All these are inspired by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills.
    12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
    13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body–Jews or Greeks, slaves or free–and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
    kerwin
    Participant

Miia,

Yes, Such is my points but Ed and T8 do not seem to see.

Thank you for your post.

Miia
    Participant

the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Spirit of God

Here’s another one Kerwin saying exactly what you say.

Romans 8
    9 But you are not in the flesh, you are in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Any one who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although your bodies are dead because of sin, your spirits are alive because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through his Spirit which dwells in you.

kerwin
    Participant

miia,

Yes, thank you.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

miia….Good post sis. yes the CHRISTO’S, is the anointing spirit of the living God, but the question here between us and T8, IS WHEN DID JESUS RECIEVE THE CHRISTO’S, was he born with it, or did it come to him when he was baptized at the JORDAN RIVER, I, AS WELL AS NICK, believe it came into him at his baptizm. for several reasons, one was after he recieved it he was sent out into the wildernes to be tempted by the devil, for 40 days and nights, he neither ate or drink for that period of time, which in itself is a merical, and upon returning he was “then” sent out into the world to preach the gospel of the kingdom of God.

There is no recording of any mericales performed by GOD through him before his baptizm, because i we believe heneed to be empowered by GOD ANOINTING SPIRIT FIRST. The same applies to us also, we can not truly overcome our sin without the spirit of God cleansing work in us all.

WE agree that Jesus was indeed born to be the MESSIAH OR ANOINTED ONE OF GOD, AT BERTH, AND ALSO OUR KING, AND GODS SAVIOR FOR THE WORLD, we have no problem with that but T8, PUSHING HIS “PREXISTING” THEOLOGY, tries desperately to convience us that JESUS ALREADY WAS ALL THOSE THINGS. HE DOESN’T WANT TO BELIEVE JESUS COME INTO EXISTENCE “EXACTLY ” AS WE DID, AS AN ORDINARY HUMAN BEING.

THAT IS “EXACTLY” WHAT SATAN WANT US ALL TO BELIEVE, THAT JESUS IS NOT “TRULY” LIKE US, THAT HE WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT THEN THE REST OF HUMANITY. SO HIS EXAMPLE TO US MEANS NOTHING, BECAUSE THEY PRESENT JESUS AS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THE WE ARE.

Peace and love to you and yours…….gene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Kerwin. Can your yes be yes and your no be no. I will put you in the Hot Seat if I do not get and answer on this. BTW, “I don’t know” is an acceptable answer.

Please familiarize yourself with the Hot Seat rules if you know you will not say yes or no to my question.

Thanks.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I doubt you are aware that Satan was using you to ask that question because if I said yes then you would assume I was agreeing with your interpretation and if I said no you would assume I was disagreeing with the angels words. Neither of those assumption are true.

The truth is I am disagreeing with your interpretation of the angel’s words because it disagrees with Scripture.

I am asking if what that angels said was correct or not. I didn’t ask you if my interpretation of that verse was correct, but if what the angel said was correct.

Let your yes be yes and no be no, anything else is a long-winded answer to get around the embarrassing truth that you disagree with the angel.

Thank you. I await your yes or no.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Kerwin. Can your yes be yes and your no be no. I will put you in the Hot Seat if I do not get and answer on this. BTW, “I don’t know” is an acceptable answer.

No, because the English Language is too ambiguous. If it was not it could be used as a computer language.

You chose to ask on a yes or no question based on words that each of us interpret differently. That means that I have the choice to answer is on your or my interpretation. In all a total of four possible answers which are themselves subject to interpretation. Any answer I give must include the context.

kerwin
    Participant

t8,

Yes, the words of the angel are true but those words do not have the meaning you attribute to them.

Ed J
    Participant

Please familiarize yourself with the Hot Seat rules if you know you will not say yes or no to my question.

Thanks.

Yes Kerwin, please answer… “Yes” or “No” or “I don’t know”

Do you believe “the spirit of Christ” came “from eternity to Bethlehem”?

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

What I hear is a devil speaking through you.

Hi Kerrwin,

“For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is
    like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass(MIRROR):
    For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway
    forgetteth what manner of man he was.” (James 1:23-24)

“With the merciful thou will show thyself merciful;
    with an upright man thou will show thyself upright;
    With the pure thou will show thyself pure; and with
    the froward thou will show thyself froward. For thou
    will save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.” (Psalms 18:25-27)

Ed J
    Participant

I tried to answer you…

No, you instead made an accusation, dodged my question, and made a speech.

Do you believe “the spirit of Christ” came “from eternity to Bethlehem”?

“Yes” or “No” or “I don’t know”

(now man up and answer)

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

I do not feel like dealing with nonsense tonight. Please read my post and use the brain God gave you to determine the answer I gave you. Perhaps later I will feel like dealing with what appears to be willful ignorance.

Miia
    Participant

but the question here between us and T8, IS WHEN DID JESUS RECIEVE THE CHRISTO’S, was he born with it, or did it come to him when he was baptized at the JORDAN RIVER, I, AS WELL AS NICK, believe it came into him at his baptizm

Hi Gene. I have no idea on the topic:  haven’t been following.

kerwin
    Participant

Ed,

So it follows the Spirit came from eternity, as it is eternal, to Jesus at some period while he was in his mother’s womb. I do not know if that was when she was in Bethlehem or earlier in his life as she was in Nazareth or wherever else she was while she carried him.

These words from my “speech” answer your question. I did not include the word “yes” but I assumed that I am answering in the affirmative.

Looking through it it looks like the rest of the “speech” is the context to reveal my understanding of the Spirit and that it is biblical because we disagree there.

If I did not answer your question then it is because you intent is different than the meaning I attribute to it and falsely accusing me of avoiding an answer is not going to help.

Instead seek to clarify your question.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed,

These words from my “speech” answer your question. I did not include the word “yes” but I assumed that I am answering in the affirmative.

Hi Kerwin,

OK, thank you for clarifying that your answer is “Yes”!

After reading your accusation, and seeing no answer to my question at the front,
    I did not read the rest of your post to find the answer hidden in the bottom third of it.

So thank you for pointing out that you actually did answer me!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8 AND EDj……What Kerwin, Nick and I , have said on this subject is truth, and of the spirit of truth, given us by GOD THE FATHER, WHICH has shown us plainly and bears withness with our spirit that it is the truth.

T8 IS WRONG IN HIS UNDERSTANDINGS OF WHAT THE ANGEL WAS ACTUALLY IMPLYING , HE HAS TAKEN A “PROPHETIC” IMPLIED STATEMENT, AS MEANING IT WAS ALREADY FULFILLED AT THE BERTH OF THE MAN, JESUS, WHEN THAT WAS NOT WHAT THE ANGEL MEANT AT ALL. HE SIMPLY MEANT THAT THE PERSON WHO WAS TO BETHE ANOINTED SAVIOR AND FUTURE KING OR lord Was born. IT’S JUST THAT SIMPLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD TO UNDERSTAND. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Ed J
    Participant

There is but one Spirit, which is why I confess that the Spirit of Christ is another name for the Spirit of God.

Hi Kerwin,

We know from Scripture that the HolySpirit of God came to Jesus at Jordan.
    And you affirm that Jesus was born with “the spirit of Christ”.

So how can you claim what I see written in the quote?

Do you believe Jesus received two doses of “the spirit of Christ”?
    One dose of “the spirit of Christ” at conception, and the
    other dose of “the spirit of Christ” at Jordan?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Yes I understand that words can be prophetically spoken to be fulfilled later…
    “and calleth those things which be not as though they were” (Romans 4:17)

BUT, Micah 5:2 is clear that “spirit of Christ” came from eternity to Bethlehem!
    So the Angels words that “Christ was Born” cannot be juggled to mean anything future.

I hope you now understand the distinction I make.
    If not, I will endeavor to help you to grasp it.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 894 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account