Upon this rock, Jesus Christ built his Church

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 757 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

@DavidL

You’re flogging a dead horse t8..

So this is what you call the most precious of truths?

For us there is one true God, the Father, and one Lord, the Lord Jesus Christ. This one true God sent his own son into the world to save the world.

And this is what you call a dead horse???

How did it come to this for you. What was the process you went through from finding precious salvation to calling the truth that there is one God the Father as being a dead horse?

You speak poorly of the most precious truths in scripture. Trampling this into the mud by calling it a dead horse. You need to repent because your motivation is not from the Spirit of Truth, but your own pride in wanting your view to be right coupled by the rejection of correction that has been generously given you by myself and others using scriptures that quote our master himself and his apostles.

What brought you to this state? I wonder if you came to God out of love or out of fear of this eternal hell and torment that you believe in. Did you come to God because you sought the truth or out of fear to escape hell. I think the latter. While fear of wrath can drive men to God, these men need to learn to love God and when they do that, they will love the truth because both God and his son are true. But if you came to God because you feared having eternal life in eternal fire (as you believe) then it is also likely that it is fear that keeps you tied to the Trinity because as the Catholic Creed says, there is no salvation for those who do not believe in the Trinity only eternal torment in hell fire.

You poor man. The truth that has been spoken from scripture has been rejected by you out of fear, and instead you wish not to risk getting it wrong, thus hold onto the Trinity Doctrine at all costs. You even do this despite Jesus himself saying that eternal life was to know the only true God as well as himself.

In this you have shown that you trust man over God and his son. You believe the words of those who crafted the Trinity Doctrine over Jesus, Peter, John, Paul, and even the Father himself. As he stated himself, “This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased”. And the very things you fear often come upon you if they rule you. Repent and believe the true message about God and his son. Do not follow the doctrines of men and use scripture as your guide to true doctrine. Further, the Spirit of God will not lead you away from the written truth. If you depart that truth, then it is not the spirit of truth, but another, perhaps even a spirit of fear.

Pray earnestly about it.

terraricca
    Participant

hi DavidL

still you haven’t answered me ,

Tony M
    Participant

“Many do not realise that they side with the Catholic faith.”

This is a point the JWs make in their “Should You Believe In The Trinity” brochure. Aren’t all those who believe that Jesus is God obligated then to also accept the Catholic teaching that Mary is the Mother of God? Seems just as reasonable as believing that the Son is also God.

terraricca
    Participant

Tony

All religion organization are false and are men made and so not of God

Proclaimer
    Participant

Agreed Tony M.

This is what I think. Many have realised that the Trinity Doctrine is false, but many of these unfortunately err in thinking that the way to fix the situation is to create a new church,.What they do not realise is that there is one Church called the Body of Christ.

Jesus said: “Upon this rock, I will build my Church“. Notice there is one Church and it is Jesus own Church.

But how many have realised that the supposed foundation of the faith, (The Trinity Doctrine) is false and have also realised that there is one Church the Body of Christ.

If we realise these truths, then the answer is simple. We believe that there is one God, one faith, one body etc.

Ephesians 4:4-6

There is one body and one Spirit, just as there is one hope to which God has called you. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 there is one God and Father of all people, who is Lord of all, works through all, and is in all.

So we should return to that which is already established, rather than trying to build another with our own hands like the JWs have done.

We need to return to the true faith, all of us, and not establish a new faith.

I think you may agree with me here.

Tony M
    Participant

terraricca & t8

The one thing I appreciate about having been a JW is that they taught me that the trinity wasn’t true. I disagree with their belief that Jesus is Michael the Archangel due to Hebrews 1:8 though. I beliveve God is the Father & Jesus is entirely separate & is God’s Son. Humans always have to complicate things. Disagreement on doctrines creates yet even more church denominations, more divisions between Christians. Sad really.
    <div class=”role-participant bbp-author-role”></div>

Proclaimer
    Participant

This is true Tony M. Denominations are created mostly because of disagreements. But I would also say that disagreements do not have to end that way. I disagree with the Trinity Doctrine and have done so for 15 years on this site and years before that. Yet in that time I have not wanted to create a denomination nor be part of one. This is partly why I also teach about the Church being the Body of Christ. Denominations are other bodies that were not built by Christ, but by men. Of course I understand that many Believers also belong to denominations.

As for the JWs exposing the Trinity Doctrine to you. I can also appreciate that. I have no problem adhering to truth no matter who speaks it. Truth to me stands on its own, independent of where you heard it. Unfortunately men use truth to their own agendas too. But I try to ignore the agenda and just want to appreciate anything that is truth because it is true and God is true.

All who are born of God, belong to God, and are his sons. We actually do not go to Church. Rather, we are the Church.

Here is a simple test.

Do all who belong to the Body of Christ also belong to God?

Do all who belong to a denomination belong to God?

I am sure that the answer to both is different, thus denominations are different to the Body of Christ and we are clearly taught that the Church is the Body.

I also think that I am preaching to the converted with this post. 🙂

terraricca
    Participant

tony

yes Michael is not Jesus ; but this is not all the falsehood and deceit they are preaching many more in deed ,but to the beginner in the scriptures they look truthful

but to those that knows the scriptures they are on the run and insulting

Proclaimer
    Participant

Many organisations are good at exposing competing organisations and with this they then introduce their own lies and hide behind the errors of others. It is a common tactic whether the perpetrators realize they are doing it or not.

The JWs for example do not believe that you need to be born from above because they think that is for 144,000 only.

But I have to say that if it were not for me being born from above, then I would in no way have within me the desire to please God, rather I would be contending 100% with the old man and trying to discipline him. Fortunately, when we receive his Spirit, we have that spirit to guide us and lead us. So while we still struggle in the flesh, we can counter the flesh with the Spirit. JWs do not believe in being born of the Spirit from what I understand. This is a serious issue for them.

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    simple question ;

Da 2:34 While you were watching, a rock was cut out, but not by human hands. It struck the statue on its feet of iron and clay and smashed them.

MT 16:18 “I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

MT 21:42 Jesus *said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,
    ‘THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
    THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone;
    THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD,
    AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES’?
    MT 21:44 “And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

is the rock or stone in those scriptures the same thing or not ?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

The rock is GOD THE FATHER THERE IS NO OTHER ROCK BROTHER, Psa 18:31, 46, Psa 31:3 Psa 62:1-8 , Psa 95:1, DUT 32:4, Dut 32:15-18, and 31, 1 Sa 2:2, 2 Sa 22:2, 2 Sa 22:32, 2Sam 22:47

There is more but that should sufice brother. GOD THE FATHER WAS JESUS ROCK AND HE SHOULD BE OUR ALSO, i know you do not disagree with this brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. ……………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Last post was meant fo TERRICCA, Sorry for the mixup.

peace and love to you and yours…………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

did you really answered my question ? NO

simple question only need a simple answer like yes or no ;then why ;yes or no

Proclaimer
    Participant

Good question.

The first is the Kingdom of God. Second is the truth that Jesus is the Christ and son of God. The third is Jesus Christ.

I could be wrong, but I haven’t got time to look into it right now to confirm. But that is how I have understood it. Admittedly I have not done an in-depth study of this.

So not exactly the same perhaps, but certainly related.

Participant

The rock is the foundation upon which the Lord’s church is to be built.  He is the corner stone of the foundation.  The foundation is:

Ephesians 2:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Matthew 7:

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay, Jesus Christ is that rock.

And Jesus Christ is the son of God and the messiah. He is also the Lord of God’s Kingdom.

That covers the three points.

Jesus built his Church on Peter’s confession regarding him. And the rock that strikes the statue is a kingdom (from my memory).

terraricca
    Participant

to my understanding they are the same ;

for the Kingdom that will destroy all other is Jesus for he is the king but more than that ;Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

in those scriptures Jesus has everything from his father and so no one can be saved unless he goes through him ;1TI 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,(do you know why Paul does not say the son of God ?)

Mt 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

so he is the stone in Daniel 2;44 and also in MT 21:42 Jesus *said to them, “Did you never read in the Scriptures,
    ‘THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED,
    THIS BECAME THE CHIEF CORNER stone;
    THIS CAME ABOUT FROM THE LORD,
    AND IT IS MARVELOUS IN OUR EYES’?
    MT 21:44 “And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Terricca….YES, the stone or rock that DANIEL WAS TALKING ABOUT WAS CONCERNING THE FINAL TEN KINGDOMS of this world, THE ONLY THING THAT REMAINS OF IT IS THE TEN TOES, THAT STILL REMAINED FROM THE VISION OF THE MAN GIVEN TO THE KING , the stone struck the ten toes, and it was from GOD BECAUSE IT WAS MADE WITHOUT HANDS. That takes place when JESUS RETURNS TO THIS EARTH. JESUS WAS GOING TO BUILD THE CHURCH ON THIS SAME ROCK, THAT IS GOD THE FATHER. GOD THE FATHER IS THE “ONLY” “TRUE ROCK” IMO. WRETHER HE DOES IT THROUGH MOSES, JESUS, PROPHETS, OR ANYONE ELSE HE IS STILL THE “ONLY” ROCK, THEY “ALL” INCLUDING JESUS. TRUSTED IN, AND WE SHOULD TO. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …………..gene

terraricca
    Participant

Gene

the Roman empire is gone ,legs,feets ,and toes ,all gone and their powers where cut of when the stone from the mountain of God send a rock to the feet and toes and all scrambled to the ground this was in or around 33 ad

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Roman Empire lasted for centuries after that. It’s capital moved from Rome to Constantinople after Roman Emperor Constantine. The West collapsed, but the east thrived in what is known as the Byzantine period of the Roman Empire. The Roman Empire was eventually succeeded by the Ottoman Empire which was an Islamic Caliphate.

The religion that denies that Jesus is the son of God (from the Antichrist spirit) then went on to dominate that part of the world where the Beast resides from North Africa, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, etc. The people of the Great Sea are now mostly Muslim. Christians were mostly murdered, converted, or driven out. Even the Revelation which was sent to the seven Churches is now predominately Muslim.

The Ottoman Empire however received a deadly wound bringing to an end the succession of empires from Egypt to the seventh. But the seventh has risen up again in what looks like a rising up of the Beast that once was, the eighth. Since the Blood Moons, the Caliphate was declared and the atrocities commenced leading to an influx of refugees into Europe. The last Blood Moon is this month. Much has happened in Biblical prophecy in that time for those who have the eyes to see it. And this readical Islam is reading for war against Europe, Israel, and Christians everywhere.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 757 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account