Understanding scripture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

hi
    Jn 6:42 They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”
    Jn 6:38 For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.
    Jn 6:39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
    Heb 6:2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
    Heb 6:3 And God permitting, we will do so.

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    Heb 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
    Heb 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    Heb 6:19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain

this his were the sacrifice of Jesus will be before Gog ,and so totally secured.in the temple of heaven not made of the hands of men.

terraricca
    Participant

hi

Jas 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
    Jas 1:13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;
    Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
    Jas 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

terraricca
    Participant

hi
    Jas 1:19 My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
    Jas 1:20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
    Jas 1:21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
    Jas 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
    Jas 1:23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror
    Jas 1:24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
    Jas 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does

banana
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 03 2010,10:05)
    hi georg
    wen you read the scriptures it is like eating food ,were it goes it depend what you eat,and what you want you food to do for you.

that is also the reason why so many poeple have different views on what they eat or read.

:D

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Terra,

Just come across this Topic.

My understanding of:

Exo 4:16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God.

is (and exuse me if I am re-iterating what is already known), that, because Moses was, by his own admission, not a good speaker, god appointed Aaron to do the talking for Moses, IN HIS STEAD.
    i.e. Aaron was to be Moses' Mouthpiece – Aaron will speak to the people with the relevant physical authorative voice that Moses lacked.

God would 'speak' to Moses, Moses speaks to Aaron, Aaron speaks to the people.

I don't think that Moses was being called 'god' to Aaron but just that would be speaking the words of God – through Moses.

Transitional:
    Final : God –> Moses –> Aaron –> the people
    Instead of: God –> Moses –> the people
    Instead of: God –> the people

This is only how I read it – not saying anyone else right or wrong.

Elizabeth
    Participant

This is interesting.  And I too just noticed this tread.  Nick and t8 are right….. Unfortunately there are some members that have to use their own words and even being rude at times, because they don't get their way.  That to me is really uncalled for.  There is no Human that has all of God's Truth the Word in the Bible.  I also found out that no one learns anything from another member.  It seems that most are self righteous.  And then I found that some will not answer the Question being asked.  It is also very irritating when some don't know how to spell and don't use the ABC check available to them.  You have to guess what they mean.  We should all debate in love and not think that we know it all, we don't………
    Peace and Love Irene

JustAskin
    Participant

Elizabeth,

Good post.

To all, Remember that, at the end of the day, it is SATAN we are fighting!

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 29 2010,06:01)
    Elizabeth,

Good post.

Thank you….Boy, that is so right…… and he loves to rattle us……watch for that pit fall….he knows were we are the weakes on, and uses it aginst uis……
    Peace and Love Irene

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Jan. 29 2010,07:17)

Quote (JustAskin @ Jan. 29 2010,06:01)
    Elizabeth,

Good post.

Thank you….Boy, that is so right…… and he loves to rattle us……watch for that pit fall….he knows were we are the weakes on, and uses it aginst uis……
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Itrene,

Most of us here have already hit our low point in Life, that is why we have turned to God (Repented of our former ways!).
    Satan seeks to continue to beat us down, but it's about time we work to help build each other up instead.

2Cor:2:11: Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Anything false that we hold as truth, it's up to ourselves and God on the inside of us to correct.
    satan's big trick is to make others to try to strip us of our beliefs, and we see how successful he as at that; NOT!

Dan:11:32: And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries:
    but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.
    And they that understand among the people shall instruct many:
    yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captivity, and by spoil, many days.
    Now when they shall fall, they shall be holpen with a little help:
    but many shall cleave to them with flatteries.

It takes time for "Truth" to transform us from the inside through "The Seed" of "the Word"!.
    Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
    John17:17: Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    JEHOVAH GOD
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

hi all
    re my post to georg regarding food, and JA

we are all looking to the message the apostles and the prophets have left us (bible)we all read it
    and yet do not come to the same conclusion of the truth why is that ??
    it is because we all look at it differently with a different personality,different hearth view,and also different motif, all those things will have a impact to the out come,
    this is why we will stand in judgement alone before God,there is more to explain but i leave some to be understood .
    i do not judge people i do not know anyone of you ,except by your respond to a subject and only on the subject i respond,
    some feel me being to quick,to slow,to arsh,to short,to long ect,

in the case of Moses ,he is the image of the prophet to come ,Christ,Aaron is the image of the apostles,and they have made Christ known to the entire world,

why should we say what the Jews pharisees say to Jesus 'WE HAVE THE LAW OF MOSES'

and JESUS ANSWERS IF YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVED IN MOSES WRITTEN WORDS, YOU WOULD HAVE BELIEVE ME ,Because he talk about me.

today we walk by the message ,if we do not believe the message we do not believe
    the sender either.

in the time of the end it is Satan who perform the greatest miracles and revelations not to save but to destroy.

you can think whatever you want it does not change me,if i am wrong it is to God i am wrong he will judge me ,he knows my hearth .

i am sorry not to be able to be a better writer, but what i express in my thoughts is from the hearth
    and deep understanding of Christ spirit in the scriptures.

be all well.

terraricca
    Participant

all

unless you believe the scriptures are God word ,your god is not the one described in the bible.

if you believe that the bible are the words of God,
    then it is your responsibility to read it investigated,understand it and look for applying his commandement in your every day live and grow in knowledge all the time.
    this as to be on a personal base,

your religious organization is independent from you ,it is your choice to joint a membership or not.
    before God you are still standing personally.
    your brothers are the ones you have chosen to be like you.and then act on it.

God can see all .

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 18 2010,05:58)
    all

unless you believe the scriptures are God word ,your god is not the one described in the bible.

then it is your responsibility to read it investigated,understand it and look for applying his commandement in your every day live and grow in knowledge all the time.

your religious organization is independent from you ,it is your choice to joint a membership or not.

God can see all .

terrarica,

On what authority do you rely when you believe that the canon of Scripture you hold to be true is correct?

Subjective – I prayed about it and had a burning in the bosom like the Mormons?

Upon what objective authority do you rely?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CA,
    Your church has great similarities to the Mormons having their own teachings which they have added to scripture and call sacred tradition.

terraricca
    Participant

CA

terrarica,

On what authority do you rely when you believe that the canon of Scripture you hold to be true is correct?

answer the above;if you answer me first on what you believe i will answer you.

Quote (CatholicApologist @ Feb. 17 2010,16:09)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 18 2010,05:58)
    all

God can see all .

terrarica,

Hi CA

What objective authority do the Catholics rely on for the OT Cannon?

They accuse Protestants for hijacking scriptures from them, yet they hijacked the OT Cannon from the Jew! Claiming it as an official document of the Catholic Church!

This argument is circular, since Catholics claim the NT Cannon to be inspired, yet accuse those who believe in its inspiration as being heretical for not accepting the traditions of the Catholics and joining the Catholic Church along with the Cannon!

Why do they not do the same with the OT Cannon and follow the traditions of the ones who put it together since they believe that the OT is inspired and on equal authoritative grounds?

The document, the Constitution of the USA was put together by "Americans"!

Do I have to be an American to believe that the documents are true and/or to hold on to the basic truths contained therein?

Do I have to be a Catholic to recieve the truth of the scriptures that are able to make me wise unto salvation?

Didn't Jesus send the Spirit of truth to draw all men unto Jesus?

The Spirit and the Bride say come.

Not just the bride!

Notice it doesn't say the Spirit and the Catholic say come.

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

CA
    so what are your believes??

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Everybody

There will NOT be any gathering back to (Unity in) Christ until the man of sin (son of perdition) is identified! 2Thess.2:3
    "let no man deceive you (Mark 13:6) by any means: for [that day (gathering together unto Christ) shall NOT come], except their come
    a falling away first, and that man of sin [(Lucifer, whose title is 'i am'=23 (Job 40:4)] be relieved (which I just did), the 'son of perdition';"
    "Who (Satan's=74 name Lucifer=74) opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is "called God"=63 (YHVH=63), or that is worshiped;
    so that he as 'i am god' sitteth in the temple of God (Modern versions of "The Bible"=63), showing himself that he is God." (Ezekiel 28:9)

AKJV John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world (i am) is judged.
    The prince of this world is 'i am'(satan; the son of perdition).
    The AKJV bible was completed in the public's hands in 1611.
    The AKJV bible is going to bring about satan's final defeat!

"YHVH is GOD"=117
    PSALM 117 "is" [The Bible's Center], the "[smallest chapter]" of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

God bless everyone who understands this "Bible Truth"=117
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account