Understanding bible prophecy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    keras
    Participant

Prophecy is for Believers 1 Cor. 14:22b
    The Bible has plenty of information on how the Lord’s plans have been fulfilled in the past and what we can expect in our future. Also, according to His plan, very few will truly understand the full scope and implications of future events. Some reasons for this are:

1/ Those who may profess to be Christian, but in their hearts are not:
    1 John 4:4-6 Believers in Christ, you belong in God’s family and you can discern false prophets because the God who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. The world listens to the teachings of worldly people, but we belong to God and whoever knows God pays heed to the truth, those who are not His people cannot comprehend the prophetic message.
    Isaiah 29:13-14 The Lord says: Because this people worship Me with empty words and pay Me lip service, while their hearts are far from Me and their religion is but human precepts, learnt by rote; therefore I shall shock them and shock again and their wisdom and discernment will be lost. Matthew 7:21-23

2/ Belief in false teaching, leading to a fixed mindset of wrong ideas:
    The prime example of a false teaching is the pre-tribulation rapture. This idea denies many Scriptures that say; all will be tested, 1 Peter 4:12, Luke 21:35. This leads to a careless attitude toward prophecy. If you believe you are good enough and sufficiently holy to be taken directly to heaven, in the same way as Enoch and Elijah, then you will be judged for judging yourself. Humility and trust in the Lord’s saving grace, Isaiah 30:15, must be our attitude, not a comfortable belief of removal from the earth to avoid any perceived difficulties. Note: John 17:15 Jesus asks for protection, not removal.
    2 Peter 2:1-3 In the past, there were false prophets among the people, just as now you will have false teachers. They will promote their theories and speculations, twisting Scripture to suit their fanciful notions. Many will follow their sheer fabrications and credulous people will make them rich and famous, but judgement waits for them: a long prepared destruction will fall upon their heads.
    Jeremiah 23:16-17 The Lord says: Do not listen to your false prophets, who give you false hope and voice their own fancies, it is not the Lord’s Words they speak. They say: ‘prosperity will be yours’ and to all who follow their devious beliefs: ‘No harm will befall you’.
    Isaiah 29:9-12 The Lord says: I will place My spirit of mis-understanding upon all those who are ‘drunk, but not with wine’ [that is: who allow themselves to be fooled by false teachings], so it becomes impossible for them to see the truth. Isaiah 8:16

3/ Preterism and non-literal interpretation:
    To think that all prophecies have been fulfilled or they are just metaphors and allegories, is a serious error that can be proven wrong.
    2 Peter 1:19 We confirm the message of the prophets, to which you will do well to study; it will enlighten your minds, like a lamp shining into a dark place.

4/ Denial or straight out refusal to try to comprehend the prophesies:
    Ezekiel 33:31-33 My people will listen to the prophets, but they will not take any action. Fine Words, they will say but with insincerity, for their hearts are set on selfish gain. When disaster strikes, as it will, then they will know the truth of prophecy.
    Isaiah 48:3-6 Long ago, I announced what will happen, but because of your stubbornness and your refusal to accept instruction, you think everything can be explained by chance or by natural occurrence. You read the Word, consider it well and admit the truth of it.
    Hosea 9:7 The Day of punishment and vengeance comes and all Israel will know it. Their prophets are fools and their wise leaders are like madmen, because they are all deep in enmity with God, He will remember their guilt.

Revelation 22:7b…Happy is the person who takes to heart the Words of prophecy in this Book.
    Reference: Revised English Bible. Some verses abridged and paraphrased. logostelos.info

[/B]

terraricca
    Participant

This rethoric of explanation as been used for centuries ,by all denomination that says they are Christians ,

By using those arguments in my view you have already establish that you are a deceiver , because of your self claim ,

So you can keep going ,but have a long way to go for proving that what you understand is in fact the truth of God ,got it ???

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 19 2013,20:31)
    This rethoric of explanation as been used for centuries ,by all denomination that says they are Christians ,

By using those arguments in my view you have already establish that you are a deceiver , because of your self claim ,

So you can keep going ,but have a long way to go for proving that what you understand is in fact the truth of God ,got it ???

Terra.

You are spiritually blank.
    Never have touched the prophesies.
    All we are discussing here are new to you.
    You have fed yourself with strange flesh.
    Books written by men.

wakeup.

keras
    Participant

BIBLE PROPHECY

2 Peter 1:19-21 …you will do well to attend to the messages of the prophets, their words shine like a lamp in a dark place. But first note this; no prophesy is a matter for private interpretation. The prophets spoke by the Holy Spirit, as messengers of God.

Private interpretation: We cannot make up our own interpretation. We must let the Bible interpret itself. Others should be able to compare Scripture for verification. With the world situation as it is now, we can see how some prophecy may be fulfilled.

The Apostle Paul says that due to a believer’s knowledge of prophecy, they are not in darkness regarding things to come. This accounts for the inability of the multitudes to understand what is written, for they do not belong to the group which Paul calls the children of Light. Without faith, an unbeliever is unable to comprehend its meaning.
    Because the Church and its leaders generally ignore the prophetic word, they are blind to the meaning of the signs of the times. This has resulted in a turning away from the acceptance of the Word of God and multitudes are today without belief. Even true and faithful believers in God, generally have no real idea of future events. They simply trust God to save them, which is all very well, but shows a careless attitude and treats a large portion of God’s word as superfluous.

God has a purpose in allowing uncertainty as to the full meaning and understanding of prophecy, before its fulfillment, or else all people- despite scepticism and unbelief, would be compelled to accept the evidence of the revelation. The doubters are looking for a sign- no sign will be given them, but those who walk by faith will finally see and recognise prophecy coming to pass as predicted.

Earnest and sincere discussion of the prophetic word should bring spiritual stimulation and strengthen our faith. We need to know what the prophets have said, so that we can be in a position to use that information intelligently and not be surprised at what will happen.

Prophecy has not been given to men to make them prophets, but for the purpose of confirming God’s word and thus enable everyone who walks by faith, to know the truth.

Daniel 12:9 ….these words are to be kept secret and sealed until the time of the end.
    Daniel 12:10 ….but the wicked will continue in wickedness and none of them will understand; only the wise leaders will understand

Commentaries say: The wicked are the rebellious. The wise are the teachers or leaders.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 19 2013,16:37)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

and you think those words going to make that now all the things you say to be true ???

i can do a better job than that ;but i can not deceive people ;this stops me ,but you seem not have that problem, :D

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 20 2013,09:43)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

and you think those words going to make that now all the things you say to be true ???

i can do a better job than that ;but i can not deceive people ;this stops me ,but you seem not have that problem, :D

Terra.

I have the scriptures to back my claim.

What have you got but noise.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 20 2013,11:54)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

NO,you do not ,have scriptures ,

you have changed the gospel into a message of doom ,that is what you have done ,

you ,have look into the BOOK OF GOD ,TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN MESSAGE OF DECEIT ,

“TRIBULATIONS” SPRING IS ONLY AS OLD AS THE 17 CENTURY ,WELL EVANGELIZED BY THOSE PROTESTANT EVANGELIST WHO DID USE THE DAY EVENT (CATHOLIC/PROTESTANT WAR)AND TO THE BEST OF THEIR ADVANTAGE POSSIBLE,WITH TREMENDOUS SUCCESS ,AND AS BEEN USED ALMOST BY EVERY DENOMINATION ,AND DATES WHERE GIVEN ,AND GIVEN AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN,AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN ,AND PASSED ;AND STILL GOING ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ONE DAY THE END WILL COME THIS IS NOT A DOUBT IT IS CERTAIN ,”BUT NOT THE WAY THOSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT ;”

could WE imagine Noah ,yelling to the people ,doomsday is coming ,God will bring down all living things to an end ;THEN WHAT ??? REPENT ;UNDERSTAND THAT GOD AD ALREADY JUDGE THOSE PEOPLE AND THE REASON FOR THE ARK WAS NOT TO SAVE THEM ,BUT TO SAVE WHICH WAS OF GOD ;

MT 24:37 “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.
    LK 17:26 “ And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man

DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THOSE EVANGELISTS OF DOOM ,BUT KEEP RATHER PERFECT YOURSELVES IN CHRIST SO THAT YOU MAY BE FOUND WORTHY OF THE SON OF GOD AT HIS COMING

THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A DELUDED MIND ,DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES ,THEY TWIST THEM,CALL YOU NAMES ,BUT THEY BLASPHEME THE TRUTH OF GOD ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 21 2013,00:15)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

you have changed the gospel into a message of doom ,that is what you have done ,

you ,have look into the BOOK OF GOD ,TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN MESSAGE OF DECEIT ,

“TRIBULATIONS” SPRING IS ONLY AS OLD AS THE 17 CENTURY ,WELL EVANGELIZED  BY THOSE PROTESTANT EVANGELIST WHO DID USE THE DAY EVENT (CATHOLIC/PROTESTANT WAR)AND TO THE BEST OF THEIR ADVANTAGE POSSIBLE,WITH TREMENDOUS SUCCESS ,AND AS BEEN USED ALMOST BY EVERY DENOMINATION ,AND DATES WHERE GIVEN ,AND GIVEN AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN,AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN ,AND PASSED ;AND STILL GOING ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ONE DAY THE END WILL COME THIS IS NOT A DOUBT IT IS CERTAIN ,”BUT NOT THE WAY THOSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT ;”

could WE imagine Noah ,yelling to the people ,doomsday is coming ,God will bring down all living things to an end ;THEN WHAT ??? REPENT ;UNDERSTAND THAT GOD AD ALREADY JUDGE THOSE PEOPLE AND THE REASON FOR THE ARK WAS NOT TO SAVE THEM ,BUT TO SAVE WHICH WAS OF GOD ;

LK 17:26 “ And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man

DO NOT BE DECEIVED BY THOSE EVANGELISTS OF DOOM ,BUT KEEP RATHER PERFECT YOURSELVES IN CHRIST SO THAT YOU MAY BE FOUND WORTHY OF THE SON OF GOD AT HIS COMING  

THOSE PEOPLE HAVE A DELUDED MIND ,DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE SCRIPTURES ,THEY TWIST THEM,CALL YOU NAMES ,BUT THEY BLASPHEME THE TRUTH OF GOD ,

Are you saying Jesus was preaching doom in matt.24.
    Are you saying that the book of revelation is a book of doom?
    This is why you are still not weaned from the breast.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 20 2013,22:59)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

“TRIBULATIONS” SPRING IS ONLY AS OLD AS THE 17 CENTURY ,WELL EVANGELIZED  BY THOSE PROTESTANT EVANGELIST WHO DID USE THE DAY EVENT (CATHOLIC/PROTESTANT WAR)AND TO THE BEST OF THEIR ADVANTAGE POSSIBLE,WITH TREMENDOUS SUCCESS ,AND AS BEEN USED ALMOST BY EVERY DENOMINATION ,AND DATES WHERE GIVEN ,AND GIVEN AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN,AND PASSED ,AND GIVEN ,AND PASSED ;AND STILL GOING ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ONE DAY THE END WILL COME THIS IS NOT A DOUBT IT IS CERTAIN ,”BUT NOT THE WAY THOSE PEOPLE ARE SAYING IT ;”

wakeup.

NO HE WAS QUOTING THE SCRIPTURES FOR WHAT WAS COMING WAS THE RESULT OF THEIR WICKEDNESS AND BECAUSE THEY HAD BROKEN THE COVENANT THAT THEY MADE WITH THEIR GOD ,AND THEIR GOD TOLD THEM AHEAD OF TIME THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN IF THE FORSAKE HIM,

IT IS ALL WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURES ,READ IT

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 21 2013,06:15)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

NO HE WAS QUOTING THE SCRIPTURES FOR WHAT WAS COMING WAS THE RESULT OF THEIR WICKEDNESS AND BECAUSE THEY HAD BROKEN THE COVENANT THAT THEY MADE WITH THEIR GOD ,AND THEIR GOD TOLD THEM AHEAD OF TIME THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN IF THE FORSAKE HIM,

Terrra.

There is is no if's.
    What has written in prophesies must come to pass.
    So; Matt.24. and rev.must come to pass.
    Meaning; it will happen.

The prayers of the all the saints will be answered
    and God's wrath will be poured upon the earth.

This is indeed doom for the earth,but not for
    God's people. So,it will be doom for you,so it seems.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Terra.

Your words.

QUOTE:
    you ,have look into the BOOK OF GOD ,TO SEE IF YOU CAN FIND YOUR OWN MESSAGE OF DECEIT ,UNQOUTE:

YOU SEE IT AS DOOM FOR YOU.I SEE IT AS REJOICING.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 21 2013,07:50)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terrra.

There is is no if's.
    Meaning; it will happen.

wakeup.

THIS IS NO LONGER WORTH FOR ME TO ANSWER ;

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 21 2013,15:14)

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 21 2013,07:50)

Terra.

Books written by men.

wakeup.

Terra.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Terrra.

There is is no if's.
    Meaning; it will happen.

wakeup.

THIS IS NO LONGER WORTH FOR ME TO ANSWER ;

Yeah;just run, before it catches up with you.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

:D :D I do not run ,you seem not known your scriptures ,Mat 24:14 was done before 70 ad

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 21 2013,21:15)
    :D :D I do not run ,you seem not known your scriptures ,Mat 24:14 was done before 70 ad

Terra.

So you are in paradise now; waiting to be taken up to heaven.The kingdom of God is on earth 2000years now.
    Can you tell me where the headquarter is?
    In heaven? I say Canada's priminister is ruling from africa?
    Does that make any sense to you?

God's wrath is coming down to earth,and all has to go through the great tribulation,except the few.
    Why would he put the people of his kingdom through tribulation?
    Have you ever asked that question?
    Or have you been asleep all those years?

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 21 2013,16:35)

Terra.

So you are in paradise now; waiting to be taken up to heaven.The kingdom of God is on earth 2000years now.

God's wrath is coming down to earth,and all has to go through the great tribulation,except the few.

wakeup.

DOES SCRIPTURES SAYS :THE DAY THAT MATH 24;14, IS ACCOMPLISHED IT WILL BE PARADISE ???YES OR NO

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 22 2013,05:08)

Terra.

wakeup.

DOES SCRIPTURES SAYS :THE DAY THAT MATH 24;14, IS ACCOMPLISHED IT WILL BE PARADISE ???YES OR NO

Terra.

The gospel of the kingdom will be preached,
    into all the world and and unto all nations
    To you it's preached in Canada too,in 70ad.
    You dont really believe this do you?

You dont even know if paradise is now on earth or not.
    Thats why you asking, yes/no.

I say definitely No.
    But will be set up soon,after babylon is no more.

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 22 2013,02:32)

Terra.

wakeup.

Terra.

into all the world and  and unto all nations

I say definitely No.

wakeup.

so sins Mathew 24;14 does not need to fulfilled in all generation ,but was fulfilled by the time of the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem ,70 ad within that generation ,

just as Christ died for all men ,the witnessing of it went around the world ; the mystery is why his so much time past sins then ???

this is no mystery in reality ,only to those unbelievers ,

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2013,03:27)

Terra.

wakeup.

Terra.

I say definitely No.

wakeup.

so sins Mathew 24;14 does not need to fulfilled in all generation ,but was fulfilled by the time of the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem ,70 ad within that generation ,

just as Christ died for all men ,the witnessing of it went around the world ; the mystery is why his so much time past sins then ???

Terra.

When the temple was destroyed,(70ad)
    the jews were spread into the four winds.
    They happen to be the non believers.
    There were only four corrupt churches in asia minor?
    So what are you saying about the gospel has been preached in all the earth and into all nation,in 70ad??

wakeup.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Sep. 23 2013,11:02)

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 23 2013,03:27)

Terra.

wakeup.

Terra.

I say definitely No.

wakeup.

Terra.

When the temple was destroyed,(70ad)
    the jews were spread into the four winds.
    They happen to be the non believers.
    There were only four corrupt churches in asia minor?
    So what are you saying about the gospel has been preached in all the earth and into all nation,in 70ad??

wakeup.

how many true believers where there among the Christians ???

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account