Trinity (Part 2)

This topic contains 3,754 replies, has 86 voices, and was last updated by  t8 5 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

Hoghead like many others came here to teach the third century doctrine of the Trinity. They failed and ran away when they realised they couldn’t argue their case with scripture.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

Was Jesus wasting his time when he said:

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

No he wasn’t because some actually believe his words.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

@hoghead1

Your argument was that the Son is not eternal. I was simply pointing out to you that your view here would invalidate the Father as well from being eternal. It doesn’t take rocket science to see that.

God of course has always existed. But the son has always existed does fly in the face of these words:

Hebrews 5:5
    In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

Psalm 2:7
    “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.

Not sure if the Psalm is what is being referred to in Hebrews, but quoted it anyway as it certainly looks that way.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

One believes God has no son and another believes Jesus is part of a triune God. Both are wrong!

John 17:3
    Now this is ETERNAL LIFE: that they may know you, the ONLY true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom YOU have sent.

Notice how important this is. It is eternal life.

To deny that God has a son (as taught in Islam) is antichrist.

1 John 2:22
    Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichristdenying the Father and the Son.

Equally, to teach that Jesus is God is also wrong.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Jesus Christ is Lord, he is the son of God, and he is the Christ. This is the truth.

Eventually all will confess correctly as to who Jesus really is. Might as well start today, rather than later.

Romans 10:9
    If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Philippians 2:11
    and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

But you might argue that Jesus is God because he is Lord? That is a wrong conclusion because it was God that made Jesus as Lord.

Acts 2:36
    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Messiah.”

Thus, God and Lord are different. The Father is the one true God and Jesus his son is the one whom God made both Lord and Christ.

Read more

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

Is The Trinity Biblical? – Rabbi Tovia Singer

Viewing 5 posts - 3,751 through 3,755 (of 3,755 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2017 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account