Trinity (Part 2)

This topic contains 3,754 replies, has 86 voices, and was last updated by  t8 5 days, 14 hours ago.

• Author
     t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

I agree kerwin. I am not bagging education of course, but just saying that it alone is not enough. The world thinks education is the answer to everything. You must have the right mind to interpret knowledge and truth correctly. Many intelligent academics are deceived and believe in fables. It is said that Luke the writer of Luke and Acts was a doctor. If he was indeed the author, he wrote more of the New Testament than Paul. In this case his education was a good thing as he passed down much scripture.

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

t8,

Acts and Luke were mostly written by Luke as Paul testifies of Luke accompanying him in his travels just as testified of in Acts. The writer spoke in the first person.

AndrewAD 
    Participant
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 746

Dr Luke wrote more of the NT than Paul? is that so? I haven’t personally counted the verses or looked it up on the internet but just can’t quite believe it yet.

AndrewAD 
    Participant
    • Topics started 1
    • Total replies 746

“In this case his education was a good thing as he passed down much scripture.” and what does his education have to do with it if it was really written by God or the holy Ghost himself? did he need a doctorate to “pass it down”?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

That he could read and write. That is attained by education.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 40
    • Total replies 15,594

kerwin….PAUL counted all that as dung that he might win christ and gain the truth of GOD. He believed his past cridentuals meet nothing, for him to brage about, remember with those cridentials he persecuted the church of GOD, he was indeed a Pharisee of Pharisees completely decieved reguarding the FAITH, and truth of God. But thanks be to GOD he repented and was given the spirit of truth and then was able to put those scriptures he studied in proper perspective.

“unless the LORD shall build the house the weary builders build in vain”.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Gene,

Paul also stated that five words with understanding is worth a multitude without so he was certainly not against education itself but rather against how it has continuously applied, i.e. misapplied, by many.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 40
    • Total replies 15,594

kerwin….Yes i do believe Paul was well educated for his day. But Without the Spirit of truth, education with regards to the FAITH means nothing. Most of the true apostles were not well educated, but they spoke sound truths that even the most educated could not understand, this is even true today. Like Paul said though i have “all” knowledge and have not love, it prophets me nothing. I am not against education, but it can become a stumbling block.

Pro 3:5-7…Trust in the LORD with “all” your heart, and lean not unto your “own understanding”. 6, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths, 7, Be not wise in thine “own eyes: fear the LORD, an depart from evil, We are told.

peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

kerwin 
    Participant
    • Topics started 144
    • Total replies 17,364

Gene,

I am not actually not sure how many of the Apostles were educated in that day but it may well have been more that you thing for literacy was prized among the Jews men, and possibly women, of that tome for by it one could read the writings, if only in the synagogue.

John, a fisherman, may have read Philo’s works as the two voice similar ideas about the logos.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 40
    • Total replies 15,594

kerwin….IN THAT TIME THERE WERE NO GENERAL ESTABLISHED EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM FOR THE AVARAGE PERSON. General the only one who could read and write were the wealth, not the commoners of that day. The apostles insites and ubderstaning was given them by Jesus and the spirit of God. Just as it say , “brethern you have no need that anyone teach you for the spirit “itself’ will teach you all things. ” education is good but it does not guarantee a person will understand the truth of God in fact it can be a stumbling block , as witnessed here with hoghead1. IMO

peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

dL 
    Participant
    • Topics started 13
    • Total replies 999

Hi again, t8,

You can go on an anti-intellectual  rant all you want about the “wisdom of the world.”  All you have presented is a bogus argument. that backfires on you.  You, too, are part of the wisdom of the  world and so  have done nothing but state you own homespun opinions of the Trinity.  I can’t think of a faster way to be pulled off track  from Scripture  than listening to the opinions  of  a bunch of self-appointed bar-stool  apostles  who think they are so much more motivated and guided  by the Spirit than anyone else and so really have no need to study or respect any form of scholarship, especially that represented by  the church fathers and  other  great thinkers, and  believe themselves to be especially empowered by God to cast aspersion on the Christian religion by attacking  central teachings such as the Trinity.

Well said Hoghead 1
    In short, you’re wasting your time here..

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 40
    • Total replies 15,594

dl….RIGHT, you sound indoctrinated by the bogus trenitarian teachings from false christanity OF THIS WORLD, you as they and hoghead are indeed wasting your time here, what does the truth have in common with false teachers anyway. Because you as they, have not loved the truth, therefore God has sent a deluding spirit unto you all, in order for you to believe a “LIE”, and that “LIE” is that JESUS IS A GOD, AS YOU TRINITARIAN PREACH.

2Ths2. go read it for yourself read the post here on 2THS 2 EXPLAIND, AND SEE WHERE YOU ARE, OF THE TRUTH OR A “LIE”. IS it not JESUS WHO YOU FALSE TEACHERS NOW SIT IN THE TEMPLE OF GOD AND BEING DESPLAYED AS A GOD, DOES THAT NOT BREAK THE FIRST COMMANDMENT “you shall have no other God besides me”, EVER SENSE The COUNCLE of NICAEA IN 325 AD, by THE PAGAN RULER CONSTANTINE, who himself bought into the “LIE” of ATHANASIUS AND DECLARED JESUS WAS A GOD, TURNING the “IMAGE” of JESUS into A “Man of sin”, why sin? because it breaks the first commandment, “you shall have “NO” other God beside me.”

YOU talk big but, as hoghead1 but have produce nothing sound just like him, why not just consider some of the thing we are saying and check it out for yourself, who knows you may come to see where you have been decieved by fallen christanity also.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

KangarooJack 
    Participant
    • Topics started 118
    • Total replies 6,855

Amen dl!

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 67,431

Hi do,

Yes we serve the God of Israel.

The God of Israel in not a trinity.

God is One.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 863
    • Total replies 17,410

The Bible nowhere teaches the Trinity Doctrine. You might be able to stretch a verse here and there, but that is not being honest about what scripture is teaching. But overwhelmingly, scripture teaches that the Father is God and Jesus is his son.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,736 through 3,750 (of 3,755 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2017 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account