Trinity (Part 1)

This topic contains 9,997 replies, has 158 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 10 years ago.

• Author
     WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (seek and you will find @ Jan. 12 2008,10:53)
    Yes Ironic, but what does that have to do with the trinity. You say that Jesus was God, and I agree that He was, because John 1:1 said so. But He is not the Almighty God, that is Jehovah. What prove do we have that that is true?
    First Jesus Himself said that the Father is greater then I also in John. He does not speak on His own authority, whatever the Father says He will say. Also in Ephesians 4:4-6 It states that there is one Spirit, one Baptism, one Faith, one Lord( when Lord is in small letters it is always Jesus, and if the LORD is in capital letters it is the Father) one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.
    Nut this is not going to settle it with you, because you do not have an open mind and want to learn. You just repeat and repeat the same over and over again, that is why we have 1000 pages, that would show you something, it has me.

SAYWF

You say that Jesus was God, and I agree that He was, because John 1:1 said so.

Good. Then what is the problem.

But He is not the Almighty God, that is Jehovah.

Are you sure about that?

Now if you believe that the Father and Yeshua are not one as God then you must believe in more than one God.

Sriptures do not teach such.

1 Jn 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

:)

Not3in1 
    • Topics started 14
    • Total replies 6,698

You just repeat and repeat the same over and over again

Actually WJ has quite a few good things to say. He has taught me (a non-trinitarian) quite a lot.

Stick around Seek…..you’re a newbie. You’ll get to know the character’s around here. But WJ is a good man and a good brother in the LORD.

Hey – WJ – congrat’s on making the 1000 page! Drum-roll, please. :)

Seek, are you a JW?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,453

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 12 2008,11:03)

Yes Ironic, but what does that have to do with the trinity. You say that Jesus was God, and I agree that He was, because John 1:1 said so. But He is not the Almighty God, that is Jehovah. What prove do we have that that is true?
    First Jesus Himself said that the Father is greater then I also in John. He does not speak on His own authority, whatever the Father says He will say. Also in Ephesians 4:4-6 It states that there is one Spirit, one Baptism, one Faith, one Lord( when Lord is in small letters it is always Jesus, and if the LORD is in capital letters it is the Father) one God and Father of all, who is above all and in us all.
    Nut this is not going to settle it with you, because you do not have an open mind and want to learn. You just repeat and repeat the same over and over again, that is why we have 1000 pages, that would show you something, it has me.

SAYWF

Are you sure about that?

Now if you believe that the Father and Yeshua are not one as God then you must believe in more than one God.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

HiWJ,
    Doi you interpret this verse to say the father is not the true God?
    Nothing would surprise me.

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2008,11:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 12 2008,11:03)

SAYWF

Are you sure about that?

HiWJ,
    Doi you interpret this verse to say the father is not the true God?
    Nothing would surprise me.

NH

sn The pronoun This one (οὗτος, Joutos) refers to a person, but it is far from clear whether it should be understood as a reference (1) to God the Father or (2) to Jesus Christ. R. E. Brown (Epistles of John [AB], 625) comments, “I John, which began with an example of stunning grammatical obscurity in the prologue, continues to the end to offer us examples of unclear grammar.” The nearest previous antecedent is Jesus Christ, immediately preceding, but on some occasions when this has been true the pronoun still refers to God (see 1 John 2:3). The first predicate which follows This one in 5:20, the true God, is a description of God the Father used by Jesus in John 17:3, and was used in the preceding clause of the present verse to refer to God the Father (him who is true). Yet the second predicate of This one in 5:20, eternal life, appears to refer to Jesus, because although the Father possesses “life” (John 5:26, 6:57) just as Jesus does (John 1:4, 6:57, 1 John 5:11), “life” is never predicated of the Father elsewhere, while it is predicated of Jesus in John 11:25 and 14:6 (a self-predication by Jesus). If This one in 5:20 is understood as referring to Jesus, it forms an inclusion with the prologue, which introduced the reader to “the eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us.” Thus it appears best to understand the pronoun This one in 5:20 as a reference to Jesus Christ. The christological affirmation which results is striking, but certainly not beyond the capabilities of the author (see John 1:1 and 20:28): This One [Jesus Christ] is the true God and eternal life.

:p

Forgot to give the source!

http://www.bible.org/netbible/index.htm

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,453

Hi WJ,
    So WJ the Father is not the true God??
    Interesting.

WorshippingJesus 
    Participant
    • Topics started 50
    • Total replies 12,316

Quote (Not3in1 @ Jan. 12 2008,11:16)

You just repeat and repeat the same over and over again

Actually WJ has quite a few good things to say.  He has taught me (a non-trinitarian) quite a lot.

Stick around Seek…..you’re a newbie.  You’ll get to know the character’s around here.  But WJ is a good man and a good brother in the LORD.

Hey – WJ – congrat’s on making the 1000 page!  Drum-roll, please.  :)

Seek, are you a JW?

not3

Thanks!

I hope you are well. Good too see you.

Dont let your faith in Jesus waver.

Love in Christ Keith

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 91
    • Total replies 1,271

This discussion has been closed due to it reaching 1000 pages. Big discussions are slow to load and for that reason, they continue in a new discussion identified as (Part 2) etc. Part 2 resides at the top of the forum page due to being a popular topic. Part 1 and 2 are linked in the first and last posts.

Admin 
    Keymaster
    • Topics started 91
    • Total replies 1,271

Discussion has reached 10000 posts.

See Trinity (Part 2) for the sequel

Or feel free to read the posts in this discussion.

Viewing 8 posts - 9,991 through 9,998 (of 9,998 total)

The topic ‘Trinity (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account