Trinity and Woman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Anastas
    Participant

Princess,

You assume gender matters to me. I do not call him “him” because I want it, but because it is how God has shown himself as in scripture. I would say, “I would be honoured to teach you what God has given me” then I would say “first of all God has showed himself as a he, and therefore, we would be foolish to call him what he did not say he was.” I have not put my faith in myself or my own thought, which is nothing, but in what God has said in scripture. If you can not serve a male God, its because of resentment, jealousy and a false sense of entitlement. If you dont follow the One True God who was Christ’s God then you serve no one else than the god of this world, that is satan.

kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

For the most part we do not know the context of Paul’s words about women.  In one case I know that woman are traditionally forbidden to read torah is the synagogue.  It seems the reasons for this have been forgot though Torah reading itself is based on a teaching of the prophet Ezra.  Jesus did it himself at least once.  This tradition may be the basis of Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 14:35 and 1 Timothy 2:12.   If so then Paul’s reasoning for the later is it is a result of Eve’s choice to be deceived by Satan and then in turn deceive her husband.

The strange thing is Paul had no objection to women prophets.  Such women are known to have spoken in the temple as Anna, the prophetesses, testified of Jesus to all that would hear in the temple.

kerwin
    Participant

Anastas,

Hebrew calls God he because the nouns are male and not because God is. English has the pronouns based on the gender of the individual those pronouns are representing.  I assume you stick to the English language tradition.  Male is the English traditional default address even if the person’s gender is female, both, or unknown.

Camillia
    Participant

Ms. Cam,

how do we get the spark back, I believe to each their own. Right now I’ve asked to have every dark corner of my heart to be revealed and healed. that is my spark right now.

hope you find yours!

Thanks Princess.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Princess……i was referencing their roles in the family structure, i should of clearified that, sorry, but when it comes to life itself i believe there is no difference between a man and a woman. When it came to Ananias and Sapphia they both participated in the same sin and they both recieved the same penalty. God is not a respector of persons, makes no difference if it is a man or woman. I believe what Paul said is the way it is, sis.

Peace and love to you and yours. …………….gene

Anastas
    Participant

Kerwin,

The point was not to debate if God was male or not, as we all know that he possesses both feminine and masculine qualities the same way any man or woman does. God is who he is. However, he has called himself “Father” and “King”, not “mother” or “queen”. It is written in corinthians 11:7 that men are made in the image of God, and women in the image of man, not showing God to be male or female but simply that men more closely resemble his characteristics. The issue here is not who God is, however, its accepting Gods gifts with thanksgiving. We should all give thanks for whatever position we are put in. For some high positions and for others low positions. Arrogance and pride is what drives us to feel entitled to things that we do not deserve.

kerwin
    Participant

Anastas,

That would be Judea and Israel that God called the mothers of his people.

kerwin
    Participant

Anastas,

1 Corinthians 11:7Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

For a n indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

I am not seeing where it is written that woman is the image of man though she is flesh of Adam’s flesh and bone of Adam’s bone.  In Genesis 1 we are created in the image of God.

I can not find where it is written that man is the glory of God or that woman is the glory of man so I am not real sure where Paul is coming from in his letter.  That is the difference he is speaking of.

Genesis 1:27Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

princess
    Participant

Peace and love Gene,

I am to accept that your god doesn’t see me as a female, I am seen as spirit & truth. as I am on earth- physical and a good girl – follow all the good girl rules. I’ll get invited to the big boy club in the afterlife.

I can’t give up my spirit to a god like that Gene. it is the last in this life I have to offer.

A text that did not make it to the cannon, thinking Thomas maybe, Jesus is to have said <paraphrasing> a woman must become like a man to enter into the kingdom of heaven. another, text not canonized I read once or twice cannot remember which one it was is that -we are to look upon each other with no ill intent.

Either text was not accepted.

Camillia
    Participant

We should all give thanks for whatever position we are put in. For some high positions and for others low positions. Arrogance and pride is what drives us to feel entitled to things that we do not deserve.

“There is neither male nor female”. Do you understand that?

According to some men, conversations about faith with a woman, are meaningless due to the woman being a woman. I have heard names such as “idiot, imbecile, Jezebel, nympth” repeatedly lately.

How much some miss simply by not listening due to the woman thing.

Camillia
    Participant

According to a relation… man was never over a woman until the fall when God said “Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.

It was never meant to be that way, (hence, Paul’s words now).

Camillia
    Participant

It gets to the stage sometimes, where one keeps visions and dreams and insight to themself. Often, it only takes one male’s repeated putdowns. So, it becomes between one and God.

Is God male or female?
    God is spirit.
    Where is God is another question.
    God is there. Deep within…. around… above… “Where can I go to escape from your spirit?
    Another misunderstanding: God is love.
    First, you have to know love from above. God’s love is not like anything you could know here, because it never fails, and it is eternal.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Camilla. …….Give me you understanding of the word love. Used as an adjetive it is alway directed towards something, so love is how we project our minds toward things right. Same with God IMO. THE SIMPLEST MEANING FOR LOVE IS WHAT YOU ARE HANGING ON TO, HATE IS JUST THE OPPISITE, IT’S SIMPLEST MEANING IS, WHAT YOU WANT TO GET RID OF. EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES BOILS DOWN TO LOVE OR HATE.

God so LOVED THE WORLD (he wanted to hang on to it), that he gave his uniuely begotten son. You see the meaningofthe word love spelled out there. IMO

PEACE AND LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS …………..gene

Anastas
    Participant

Camillia,

Why do you take offence at what I said? Do we not all have crosses to bear? Have I called you names? If you serve Christ then you are my sister. If one is commanded to live in submission to another by God, here (how God has things in the time to come is his choice), then that one should do it; not for the sake of a man who is nothing, but for God because he asked you to do it. Its a cross you bear for him. As for the passage itself you quote, it is to show that salvation is for all regardless of who you are… its not who you are but your acceptance of Christ for we all are one in Christ. But knowing this, we remember that there are many different roles within that body. Is it not written that salvation is to the Jew first and then the Gentile? ROMANS 1:16 This is spoken from the same mouth who said, there is neither jew or gentile, male or female which shows its application. I know many Jews will be far higher in heaven than myself (if God blesses me with the mercy I hope for) as I am a Gentile in the flesh, but I am thankful none the less, as we all should.

kerwin
    Participant

Camilia,

According to some men, conversations about faith with a woman, are meaningless due to the woman being a woman. I have heard names such as “idiot, imbecile, Jezebel, nympth” repeatedly lately.

I wonder what they think of a certain woman judge that judged the children of Israel according to the Law of Mosses.  I also wonder their opinion of women prophets.

kerwin
    Participant

Camillia,

According to a relation… man was never over a woman until the fall when God said “Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.

We are still under the curse and Paul seems to take that in account with his words in 1 Corinthians 11:7 and elsewhere.

Women have that desire though it may stronger in some and weaker in others.  Each woman reacts to it in various ways for various reasons.  Some fight it, some flee from  it, some surrender to it and some do a mixture of two or three of those.

Males have there own curse that they must work by the sweat of their brow and they likewise make similar choices with it.

Camillia
    Participant

Anastas.

I never used to care about men and woman differences, actually I used to believe woman should not teach in regards to theology. However, after personally experiencing Christianity related sexism, to the degree that even truths are discounted as lies, and seeing the error that can be in men – I see things differently now. I think some men can even say they are OK with a woman trying to teach them something, but underneath is a different story. In their mind, Eve was deceived first, and then Eve deceived her husband. Also, is the mention of Jezebel. But, little attention is payed to true woman prophetesses such as the daughters of the disciple Philip (Acts 21:9), nor to Joel 2, where God’s spirit is poured out on all flesh, male and female, and here we see females prophesying, and having dreams and visions.

So, there are false and there are true woman prophetesses, just as there are with men. However, do we ever see the generalization of all men due to there being a “man of sin”, or a “false prophet”, or even a Judas?

You said: “If one is commanded to live in submission to another by God, here (how God has things in the time to come is his choice), then that one should do it; not for the sake of a man who is nothing, but for God because he asked you to do it. Its a cross you bear for him.”

If one is married. However, if one is single, their concerns are for the Lord, (1Cor 7:34-35).

You said: “I know many Jews will be far higher in heaven than myself (if God blesses me with the mercy I hope for) as I am a Gentile in the flesh, but I am thankful none the less, as we all should.”

What makes you think that your position is related to your race? If you are a Gentile Christian and I am a Hebrew Christian… God is not a respecter of persons, God does not show partiality or favoritism. See Acts 10:34 and Romans 2:11.

Camillia
    Participant

Camilla. …….Give me you understanding of the word love. Used as an adjetive it is alway directed towards something, so love is how we project our minds toward things right. Same with God IMO. THE SIMPLEST MEANING FOR LOVE IS WHAT YOU ARE HANGING ON TO, HATE IS JUST THE OPPISITE, IT’S SIMPLEST MEANING IS, WHAT YOU WANT TO GET RID OF. EVERYTHING IN OUR LIVES BOILS DOWN TO LOVE OR HATE.

God so LOVED THE WORLD (he wanted to hang on to it), that he gave his uniuely begotten son. You see the meaningofthe word love spelled out there. IMO

Hi Gene.
    Yes… but sometimes we think we would like to get rid of something or someone, only to change our mind later.

1st John 4:7-21 is a good way to describe God’s love.

Camillia
    Participant

I wonder what they think of a certain woman judge that judged the children of Israel according to the Law of Mosses.

Kerwin… yes, good point!

Camillia
    Participant

We are still under the curse and Paul seems to take that in account with his words in 1 Corinthians 11:7 and elsewhere.

Women have that desire though it may stronger in some and weaker in others. Each woman reacts to it in various ways for various reasons. Some fight it, some flee from it, some surrender to it and some do a mixture of two or three of those.

Males have there own curse that they must work by the sweat of their brow and they likewise make similar choices with it.

Kerwin, yes you are right.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account