Three days and three nights

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 348 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

The other day I stumbled across a new interpretation of the resurrection, and found it to be fascinating.

She believes that Jesus' three days and three nights did not start with his death but with his betrayal. So Jesus was then resurrected shortly after he died, and thus his body did not see corruption. I never really thought of it before, but bodies start the decay process just hours after death, so if Jesus were to not see corruption he must have been resurrected shortly after being placed in the tomb.

here's the paper which gives a lot more detail-
    http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/resurrection/res1.htm

IM4Truth
    Participant

Jodi The problem however is that scripture says that Jesus was dead for 3 days and 3 nights. Are you saying that these scriptures are wrong? I go by the New Testament scriptures, because they speak of our Savior Jesus Christ. There are some on here now, that are denying all, and it makes me sick. Are you saying that they are right and scripture is wrong? I do not believe in man. I made that mistake once and never again. One more thing. God must of taken Christ body, because there was no body found. Or either the same body was changed into a spiritual body. With God everything is possible. One day we will all know the truth and really that is what I am waiting for. That is my Hope and my Faith. I trust that God will make it all come true.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Laurel
    Participant

I agree with Mrs. Scripture teaches the truth, and that sound nice, but it does take away from the trruth that Y'shua is our Passover. Anytime we interpret Scripture we need to use Scripture as our interpretur.

If you want to know the truth, study the Passover and see with Spiritual eyes, why Paul said Y'shua Messiah our Passover. This Way we see that He was in the tomb three days and three nights and rose at evening just before the first day of the week began. Also the He is Master of the Sabbath!

Well I am very happy to have found agreement with you Mrs.

Laurel

Jodi
    Participant

Did you ladies even read through the link? Check the very end, after all the sabbath stuff more evidence is given.

If you would have read through it, and checked your bible IM4Truth you'd have realized that the bible never directly says that Jesus was dead for three days and three nights. Jesus said he would be in the heart of the earth three days and three nights.

God DID NOT take Christ's body..His body did not see corruption and it was resurrected. That means Jesus had the same body. That means when we are resurrected we are still flesh and blood, we just no longer are genetically programmed to deteriorate. To become spirit beings means we no longer have the mind of the flesh, our minds have joined in unity with the mind of God.

People like to invision all sorts of fantsy stuff as to what we will be like. We will be mostly the same, except we won't experience things like pain, hunger, tiredness, sickness. We are a unique creation of God, when he made us he said it was good. God wants our minds to change not our appearance.

Mt 12:40 – For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Notice it does not say he was in the tomb or in the grave three days and three nights. Notice he is comparing himself to someone who was alive three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish. Now why would he make that comparison?

Matt. 20:18,19
    “Behold we go up to Jerusalem: and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn Him to death. And shall deliver Him to the Nations to mock and scourge and to crucify Him; and the third day He shall rise again.”

Mr 8:31 -and began to teach them, that it behoveth the Son of Man to suffer many things, and to be rejected by the elders, and chief priests, and scribes, and to be killed, and after three days to rise again;

Now if you want to believe the 'after' means after his death that is fine, however is there room to believe the 'after' stands for from after his betrayal?

I sincerely believe,if you actually read the paper, you will see the author makes some very good points to support her case.

Laurel
    Participant

Scripture leaves room for belief. When you look at Scripture from the testamony of the Torah, it shows the truth.

No, I did not read it. There is no need for me to consider another way, when I understand completely, without a doubt, the truth already. I do not need the interpretation of a human being. But, I don't think it's wrong to search for the truth like you are doing.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

OK, now I have read enough to see the confusion. Sabbaton the first day of unleavened bread!!!

Y'shua did not eat the “meal” that He prepared for His deciples. It was not the Passover meal. It is how we are to celebrate the Passover untill His return. The meal took place at evening before the lambs were slain for the Passover meal. The meal He ate with them is the way in which we are to celebrate Passover now. The evening before Passover day. Y'shua was crucifed on Passover just as the final lamb of the physical Passover was being slain!

Yes, Y'shua did die according to Scripture. He was raised from the dead. He did not see corruption, in other words He never sinned. He did however die because men killed Him. Messiah remained on the cross untill death, because it was His Father's will that He should die for men's sins.

By believing this thing you posted, then He didn't really die. So, it is false.

Laurel

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 17 2007,14:04)
    Scripture leaves room for belief. When you look at Scripture from the testamony of the Torah, it shows the truth.

No, I did not read it. There is no need for me to consider another way, when I understand completely, without a doubt, the truth already. I do not need the interpretation of a human being. But, I don't think it's wrong to search for the truth like you are doing.

Laurel

Laurel I would really like you to read it….come on please, pretty please….

The reason why is because I would like you to take her points and show me how they are in error.

I did not say that this is what I believe. I said I find this view fascinating and that she makes some really good points.

The reason why I started this thread is specifically to get people to refute her points.

Laurel, you being firm on your understanding, makes you the perfect candidate, so if you have some time on your hands, I'd appreciate it.

Laurel
    Participant

Jodi, We must have posted about the same time. I read it and see what I wrote it popped up before you posted.
    Laurel

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 17 2007,14:16)
    OK, now I have read enough to see the confusion. Sabbaton the first day of unleavened bread!!!

Y'shua did not eat the “meal” that He prepared for His deciples. It was not the Passover meal. It is how we are to celebrate the Passover untill His return. The meal took place at evening before the lambs were slain for the Passover meal. The meal He ate with them is the way in which we are to celebrate Passover now. The evening before Passover day. Y'shua was crucifed on Passover just as the final lamb of the physical Passover was being slain!

Yes, Y'shua did die according to Scripture. He was raised from the dead. He did not see corruption, in other words He never sinned. He did however die because men killed Him. Messiah remained on the cross untill death, because it was His Father's will that He should die for men's sins.

By believing this thing you posted, then He didn't really die. So, it is false.

Laurel

Ac 2:27 –
    For you will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let your Holy One experience corruption.

Ac 2:31 –
    Foreseeing this, David spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, saying, “He was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh experience corruption.'

Ac 13:34 –
    As to his raising him from the dead, no more to return to corruption, he has spoken in this way, “I will give you the holy promises made to David.'

Ac 13:35 –
    Therefore he has also said in another psalm, “You will not let your Holy One experience corruption.'

Ac 13:36 –
    For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, died, was laid beside his ancestors, and experienced corruption;

Ac 13:37 –
    but he whom God raised up experienced no corruption.

Ga 6:8 – If you sow to your own flesh, you will reap corruption from the flesh; but if you sow to the Spirit, you will reap eternal life from the Spirit.

These scriptures seem to me to be talking about corruption meaning -to decay.

This thing that I posted CLEARLY says that Jesus DIED. I firmly believe that Jesus died. DUH! You'd think that in order for Jesus' flesh not to see corruption he would need to be resurrected sooner then later if you know what I mean. If Jesus was in the grave for three days and three nights, I'd imagine just like everyone else, he'd become elstinko!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,14:17)

Scripture leaves room for belief.  When you look at Scripture from the testamony of the Torah, it shows the truth.

No, I did not read it.  There is no need for me to consider another way, when I understand completely, without a doubt, the truth already.  I do not need the interpretation of a human being.  But, I don't think it's wrong to search for the truth like you are doing.

Laurel

The reason why is because I would like you to take her points and show me how they are in error.

I did not say that this is what I believe. I said I find this view fascinating and that she makes some really good points.

The reason why I started this thread is specifically to get people to refute her points.

Laurel, you being firm on your understanding, makes you the perfect candidate, so if you have some time on your hands, I'd appreciate it.

Jodi! Why do you find it so important to listen to another Humans point of view. Should we not rather go to our Bibles and search out what is true? I think there is a scripture that tells us that we need no Human beings, we need God's Holy Spirit who will reveal all truths to us. If not here now then in the future in the millinium. Then there will be a Highway of Holiness and only those that are righteous will walk on it. For me I will be glad to wait till then, if the Holy Spirit does not show me now, but I belief the Holy Spirit has shown my Husband and I a lot of new truths. Seek and you will find, knock and you will receive. But I do not think that is meant to knock on another Human Door. I did not read that tape either, I have no intrest in what Humans have to tell me . I am here to share what I understand. If I see that I am wrong in anyway, I will of course change. But so far I just have not seen that. Ken has very good points on keeping the Sabbth for instant, but I understand it somewhat diffrent. All is written in our Hearts and Jesus magnefied the Law and made it spiritual. The road is steep and few will find it. Many are called and few are chosen. So who is going to be chosen, that of course is the question of the century. One day we will find out.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Laurel
    Participant

Y'shua was not left in the grave. He is risen. He did not commit sin, He was not corrupted by sin. Elohim does not look at things in the physical sense that people do. No one saw His body after the tomb was sealed. Maybe it was three days and three night of repairs that were being made while in the tomb.

To know the full meaning of all of this look very closely at Jonah, and the Passover.

I studied Jonah a few weeks ago. I couldn't see that Jonah lived through the entire three days and three nights. Scripture does say that Jonah prayed when he felt the life leaving him. Either way, the point is “three days and three nights.”

Y'shua said, “Are there not twelve hours in a day? So three ays and three night is the eqivalent of 72 hours.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

The meal Y'shua shared with the deciples actually took place on Passover, but it was evening that began the Passover, now the Passover day early in the am, He was taken before the people to be tried, Still Passover day He was fastened to the “tree”. Now nearing evening He dies. The people who were at Golgotha (the place where He was crucifed) were Roman soldiers, a couple deciples, and His Mother and the other Mariam.

The rest of the Jews were doing the Passover thing oblivious to the REAL PASSOVER that was being slain!!! The Pharisees had destroyed all that Messiah had built. Now three days and night later He was raised again according to Scripture (The Old Testament, specifically the Torah).

Towshab
    Participant

Why would three days be an issue? Seems Lazarus was fine after four days.

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Didn't say anything about Lazarus looking like a zombie. 'Course I don't believe it but if you're going to use scripture against scripture at least go all the way.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 17 2007,15:20)

Joh 11:39  Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Didn't say anything about Lazarus looking like a zombie. 'Course I don't believe it but if you're going to use scripture against scripture at least go all the way.

Yeah, what he said!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Nov. 17 2007,15:07)
    Y'shua was not left in the grave. He is risen.  He did not commit sin, He was not corrupted by sin.  Elohim does not look at things in the physical sense that people do.  No one saw His body after the tomb was sealed.  Maybe it was three days and three night of repairs that were being made while in the tomb.

To know the full meaning of all of this look very closely at Jonah, and the Passover.

I studied Jonah a few weeks ago. I couldn't see that Jonah lived through the entire three days and three nights.  Scripture does say that Jonah prayed when he felt the life leaving him.  Either way, the point is “three days and three nights.”

Y'shua said, “Are there not twelve hours in a day? So three ays and three night is the eqivalent of 72 hours.

Laurel

Laurel I agree with you also. three days and three nights. A 72 hour period. The example that the Bible gives us in Jonah is also important. He was in the belly of the fish for 3 days and 3 nights like the Son of God did. That is the sign.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 17 2007,15:02)

Quote (Jodi @ Nov. 17 2007,14:17)

Laurel

Jodi! Why do you find it so important to listen to another Humans point of view. Should we not rather go to our Bibles and search out what is true? I think there is a scripture that tells us that we need no Human beings, we need God's Holy Spirit who will reveal all truths to us. If not here now then in the future in the millinium. Then there will be a Highway of Holiness and only those that are righteous will walk on it. For me I will be glad to wait till then, if the Holy Spirit does not show me now, but I belief the Holy Spirit has shown my Husband and I a lot of new truths. Seek and you will find, knock and you will receive. But I do not think that is meant to knock on another Human Door. I did not read that tape either, I have no intrest in what Humans have to tell me . I am here to share what I understand. If I see that I am wrong in anyway, I will of course change. But so far I just have not seen that. Ken has very good points on keeping the Sabbth for instant, but I understand it somewhat diffrent. All is written in our Hearts and Jesus magnefied the Law and made it spiritual. The road is steep and few will find it. Many are called and few are chosen. So who is going to be chosen, that of course is the question of the century. One day we will find out.

Peace and Love Mrs.

You seem to be contradicting yourself.

If you are not here to listen to other peoples points of view then why are you here?

Wow, where would the Israelites be if they did not listen to Moses. Where would the Gentiles and Jews be if they did not listen to Paul? Where would the peoples be if they, in Jesus' time did not listen to Jesus.

In case you didn't NOTICE Lorraine Day, author of the paper, used SCRIPTURE for all her points. But no you didn't notice because you didn't even look, which is fine, but don't criticize my methods of bible study.

I use this forum to fascilitate my bible studies. I like to look up various doctrines by various people. This does not mean that I am looking directly to humans to find truth. I read what they have to say and then I look into the bible and draw my own conclusions, ones that I hope that God is beside me, leading me to.

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 17 2007,15:20)

Joh 11:39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

Ah, thanks Towshab, just the sort of thing I am looking for.

That is an excellent point.

Honeslty I don't think it is a big deal. I just find it all very interesting. As long as Jesus died and was resurrected the other details don't really matter much to me.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Jodi First of all I am sorry if I upset you. But I think you misunderstood, what I was trying to say. Of course I listen to the people of the Bible. So why did you get so upset, because I do not listen to anybody else? If you want to use some-body's view point it certainly is up to you, but you cant expect me to follow suite. The question was if Jesus was in the grave 3 days and 3 nights. Jesus gave the example of Jonah being in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights. A 72 hour Period. That is good enough for me. I do not need another persons view point. That is what I meant.
    After all that is what the Question was, not who we should listen to. Sorry.

Peace and Love Mrs. ??? ??? ???

The Messiah died on a Roman cross in Jerusalem on Nisan 14 at 3:00pm, on Wednesday, April 3, in 30AD. In 3 days and 3 nights, exactly 72 hours later, on the Sabbath at 3pm, Saturday, April 6, in 30 AD, Yeshua the Messiah rose from the dead. The Lord of the Sabbath, rose from the dead on the Sabbath, Nisan 17, on Saturday, April 6, 30 AD.

This is important because it proves that God never did change the 4th Commandment. It proves that the pope and others who honor Lucifer's sun god with their Sunday services should consider how their traditions have made the COMMAND of God, of no effect.

FIRST OF ALL, to fully understand this important event of the PASSOVER, we need to look back at the OT, in which God instructs Moses, with this feast of the Lord, to teach how He would PassOver in judgment, those who were protected by the blood. Messiah is OUR Passover. On the 10th of Nisan a lamb was taken into the house to be observed for perfection till the evening of the day of preparation or Passover, which was always on the 14th of Nisan. The lamb was then killed in the evening, at 3:00pm, and the blood applied to the door of the house. It was that application of the blood of the lamb, that would protect them from the judgment of death.
    Exo 12:6-7 (please read it)

During the feast of Unleavened bread the first day, Nisan 15 is a sabbath, (day of rest), and the Saturday during the feast of unleavened bread is a high sabbath.(Lev.23:6-7)

Thursday, the day after Yeshua was crucified was Nisan 15, the first day of unleavened bread, and a sabbath, where no servile work could be done and that was the reason for the rushed burial in Joseph of Arimathaea's tomb. The rushed burial had to be completed before evening. The first day of unlevened bread, required sabbath rest. That Thursday Sabbath, of the first day of unleavened bread, began at sundown. Therefore we again see that Yeshua Messiah was in the tomb:

Wednesday night, Thursday, Thursday night, Friday, Friday night, and Saturday.

When Mary went to the tomb as early as it was possible to do the work of applying the spices to the body of Yeshua, as soon as the Saturday Sabbath was over, before it was daylight on the first day of the week, she found the tomb empty and Yeshua already risen on Saturday, the Sabbath, The Lord's Day.(MAT27:57-28:6 please read it)
    Before dawn on Sunday, Yeshua had already risen. He rose on Saturday, having spent 3 days and 3 nights in the tomb. He rose on Saturday, the Sabbath, the Lord's Day.

And in John's gospel also we see that it was (Passover), the day of preparation for the feast of unleavened bread, when His body was placed in the tomb. It was a Sabbath as soon as it got dark that Wednesday when Yeshua Messiah was crucified on Nisan 14. By Hebrew reckoning the 15th day of Nisan would begin at dark and therefore the rushed burial as it was getting dark Wednesday. Yeshua's body lay in the tomb of Joseph,

Wednesday Night, Thursday, Thursday Night, Friday, Friday Night, and Saturday.

It was not a dead body of Yeshua in that tomb Saturday night. Yeshua was resurrected before dark on Saturday. As soon as they could get to the tomb without violating Sabbath, while it was yet dark on the first day of the week, most likely Saturday night, they found the tomb empty. The sabbath, the seventh day, Saturday, in truth, always has, and always will be the Lord's day, no matter how the Supreme Pontiff, and all others, would rather follow the traditions of men than the truth revealed in God's word. They have been deceived and are deceivers.(Jn19:31-42 &20-1 PLEASE read it)

The resurrection of Yeshua had occurred before Mary got to the tomb, on Sabbath, Saturday, the Lord's day, that He sanctified, and COMMANDED US to Remember to keep holy. Ex. 20:8.

Laurel
    Participant

1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 348 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account