They know not what they do? More proof

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Psalms 22 is pathos not logos. Its purpose is to express emotion not logical reasoning. It tells us about feeling abandoned by God. Jesus quoted words from it and some apply to him specifically but it has always applied to others who feel abandoned by God. It is also designed to encourage such individuals; providing they believe its words.

This is my point if this is Jesus talking and he feels abandoned that would mean he had no intention of “planning” to be crucified and on the other hand it is also saying he said “Father forgive them for they know not what they do” Now how can you both feel forsaken and abandoned and at the same time ask that those killing you are forgiven, after all you are already feeling that God has forsaken you his beloved if He has forsaken you why in the world would he forgive the people that you say don’t know what they are doing especially i they don’t do it no one will be saved(according to Christian theology) Why would they need to be forgiven? They are the ones saving the world.

But the fact is according to the Quran God Saved Jesus from the cross why? Because Jesus was going to be killed, God wasn’t sacrificing Jesus as some sort of payment for sin after all who would receive the payment? God needs a payment for sin?

Psalm 50:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

God just wants you to say thank you and act accordingly

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

He was quoting the psalms.

When you deny the death of Jesus you are denying the whole word of God.

And the Authorship of the Holy Spirit of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Humanist religion cannot tolerate the ways of God.

So they call scripture lies

AndrewAD
    Participant

Yes Bod most of todays world would have never even heard of crucifixion if not for Jesus;being crucified is what made him and the cross famous.

AndrewAD
    Participant

The wisdom of the cross is foolishness to Greeks and a stumbling stone to Jews.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes Andrew,

A direct contradiction of what is plain in the OT and the NT and yet they claim to serve God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

God listens to His children.

But not those who oppose his ways.

kerwin
    Participant

Bodhitharta,

His prayer to God previously to his being crucified seems to reveal that he was not sure his being crucified was necessary even though he foretold it previously. His words on the cross seem to be heartbroken as if he did not feel in touch with God though God was still there. I believe that Satan was tempting him at those times and in the later case he may well have quoted from Scripture in order to defeat the temptation.

kerwin
    Participant

Bodhitharta,

Jesus made the sacrifice, not God. The self sacrifice of a truly righteous man is a powerful thing. Jesus’ act of self sacrifice was an act of mercy.

bodhitharta
    Participant

As you know my position is God saved Jesus from the cross.

Jesus couldn’t have made the sacrifice because he said it was “NOT MY WILL” therefore Jesus had no intention of wanting to be killed, sacrificed or any of a sort. So either God wanted him crucified or God saved him from the Cross we know for sure death was not defeated at the cross because death only reigned from Adam to Moses

bodhitharta
    Participant

Also Adam’s sin has nothing to do with the condition or penalties of a person today as God said this should not be said anymore that someone elses are upon you. You and you alone are responsible for your condition with God and life according to the scriptures

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

So you consider that you are righteous in your own eyes so you do not need to submit to the demands of God?

You can cleanse yourself and restore yourself when required.

How did Joshua become clean in Zech 3.3?

Still praying for you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You deny the sacred words yet claim to be a follower of Jesus.

You follow yourself and your weak logic.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Actually, I just Worship God day and night and I still can’t seem to find flaw with that, but somehow you can. Would you preach “do not worship God”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Does this compensate for your rejection of His Son?

bodhitharta
    Participant

They say: “Allah hath begotten a son”: glory be to him.-Nay, to him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to him.

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #116)

bodhitharta
    Participant

They say: “Allah hath begotten a son!” – glory be to him! He is self-sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have ye for this! say ye about Allah what ye know not?

( سورة يونس , Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #68)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Weak stuff.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Or thinkest thou that most of them listen or understand? They are only like cattle;- nay, they are worse astray in Path.

( سورة الفرقان , Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #44)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

Imitation scripture.

Weak

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account