The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We hear lots of opinions about salvation. We hear lots sharing their experiences of how they came to Christ.No one is denying the validity of an individuals experience.

But we cannot take those experiences and opinions and teach them as new ways of salvation. There is only one way to preach and that is the way of Jesus. God is sovereign, but He is not a God of confusion but of peace.

We are His servants if we do what he has told us to do. He told us the gospel to preach. That is what we do.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Romans 10:10 For with the heart, one believes unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13 For, “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Unless one has experienced salvation, one cannot know. My experience has be questioned by some in this qroup, including Nick. It is for this reason I am responding. It is for this reason he wrote this post. He claims my experience does not go along with scripture. I say it goes along with scripture perfectly. So I will let all who read this be the judge. And I quote scriptures that I base my experience to.

From the earliest of age, God had influence on my life. He would come to me in my dreams as a young child. As I grew older, old enough to read, I would lock my self in my bedroom and read the bible. I did not understand it, but I just loved to read it. I just felt so close to God when I read it. I would read and pray.

At the age of fifteen, I attended a youth for Christ get away weekend that was filled with allot of fun things to do, along with singing songs and talking about God. Then on the last night before going home, there was a church service and a preacher got up and began preaching the gospel. For the first time, it became clear to me what I had been reading. This man of God through preaching, pointed out to me that I was a sinner and needed to be forgiven. The Holy Spirit pricked my heart. They gave an alter call and I went. I asked Jesus to forgive me for my sins and to come into my heart. I began weeping like a baby and could not stop. My heart had felt as if it had a hundred pound weight on it, now felt like a bundle of love. There was no doubt in my heart that Jesus had cleansed me of my sins and came into my heart. Everything in my life changed from that day. Nothing has every been the same since that day. And I can say with out any doubt, that Jesus Christ is the Son of Almighty God.

Believe and recieve.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Should we believe from your personal experiences?
    Did the Bereans study experiences?
    Why should we follow you rather than the Word of God?

My way is the Word of God, it is your way that is suspect. You have given no evidence of your way. You hide in the shadows and continue to attack my way. My way is in the open. My way is in the light. My way is scriptural. I posted the above that reinforces my salvation by scripture. The reason you don't recognize it is because you have not experienced it. It is for this reason I have begged you to ask Jesus into your heart.

Stop running, and accept him as your saviour. He will come into your heart and you will be saved. All you have to do is believe with all of your heart Nick and you will be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    ?? “My way”

. “…my way. My way is in the open. My way is in the light. My way is scriptural”

Not once have I seen anything of your conversion Nick. You have accused me of not being saved by saying it is not scriptural and when I point out to you in scripture, you ignore it or are just blind to it. It is because you have not experienced Christ in your heart. It is the only reason I can think of why you do not recognize the things of Christ.

So what would be the harm Nick in asking him into your heart. Do not your heart at this very minute feel as if it weighs a heavy load upon it. He is at the door Nick. He loves you and so do I. All you have to do is let him in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    I have shared it a few times.
    But on reflection it was not my experiences that revealed anything about the way we have to preach.
    That way is written.

kenrch
    Participant

Nick how can you just forget when Jesus became your Saviour. I don't understand! That is when I started to live!!

Amen, Amen, Amen

The greatest experience in my life was when Jesus came into my heart. Nothing before or nothing after has come close as to when Jesus saved me from death as a sinner. And if a person does not know this, how can they be sure they are saved. How can they be sure they are born again. For the scriptures proclaim, all things will be made new.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch and H,
    If you are so secure and sure of your safety why not move on and not keep repeating yourselves?
    Come and join us as we search deeper into the things of God.
    Let's leave behind, if possible, the elementary things that are of babyhood in Christ and move on to the meat.[Heb 6.1]

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2006,02:50)
    Hi kenrch and H,
    If you are so secure and sure of your safety why not move on and not keep repeating yourselves?
    Come and join us as we search deeper into the things of God.
    Let's leave behind, if possible, the elementary things that are of babyhood in Christ and move on to the meat.[Heb 6.1]

I agree Nick. We should move on after we settle you teaching theory. I don't like you making my God a murderer.

Just answer the question? Would you (standing on your teaching) deny your son salvation?
    If you believe what you are teaching then say so. If not then say you were wrong.

Why leave the question unanswered? It's a simple question?

Nick how can you just forget when Jesus became your Saviour? I don't understand! That is when I started to live!!

These are not unanswerable questions?

Answer them and lets move on? As a teacher you should answer these questions. Am I to just to accept anything you teach with no questions asked?

It's not my salvation that I'm worried about? It's yours.
    As the teacher and leader of this forum you have certain responcibilities. When asked a question concerning your teachings you should answer. Why do you evade an answer when a answer would clear up everything, and I would know exactly where you stand with your teaching. Would God deny His new child salvation because of water? Do you have doubt about your teaching? You are human like we all are!
    Don't you think you can't be wrong like the rest of God's children?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    We show what is written.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2006,17:00)
    Hi kenrch,
    We show what is written.

Nick you give your idea of what scripture says. Your Idea that God is a murderer is wrong AND I don't like it!

I'm not going to agree with you because you think you are right when scripture says you are (because of your teaching) ignorant of the righteousness of God.

Stand on your teaching or admit you are wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    God is Love.
    God has defined that Love
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life”
    That eternal life is in the Son.
    We are baptised into the Son.
    He died that our sins could be forgiven.
    We must repent and be be baptised in his name into his death.

You may have a different view but these things are written.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2006,17:21)
    Hi kenrch,
    God is Love.
    God has defined that Love
    “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life”
    That eternal life is in the Son.
    We are baptised into the Son.
    He died that our sins could be forgiven.
    We must repent and be be baptised in his name into his death.

You may have a different view but these things are written.

Love is the foundation of the gospel. Do you agree?

Scripture says confesss with your mouth and believe in your heart and you will be saved. YES BY ALL MEANS BE BAPTIZED! But if something should happen and you cannot then because of the LOVE OF GOD. The LOVE HE has for the world. That person even though he had not been baptized is a babe in Christ and will be saved.

Anything else is being ignorant of the RIGHTEOUSNESS of GOD. Do you agree?

kenrch
    Participant

Nick you can keep on telling me what I already know OR you can tell me what I don't know. Do you stand on your teaching?

kenrch
    Participant

I do want to let you know Nick I Love you.

Mercy
    Participant

This seems like a very interesting topic, very personal too, I might add. I feel compelled to contribute but I honestly don't understand the flow of the conversation.

What is at the heart of the contention, in clear and precise terms?

Maybe, this conversation is a continuation of a previous one where all participants have already been made aware of it's context clearly which other viewers are not privy to.

Dear Mercy,

It started with my saying that I was saved when I asked Jesus into my heart. Nick seemed to question the validity of my salvation because I said I asked Jesus into my heart. When Kenny and I tried to explain to Nick that is what salvation is all about, Nick did not seem to understand or should I say believe us. We showed him in scripture, but that had no weight as to turning him.

Now, he has claimed that he has the Holy Spirit in him to many on the forum, yet how can this be if he has not been born again. It is for this reason we have been pleading with Nick to accept Christ into his heart and be saved. For it is impossible to have the Holy Spirit without having Christ in your heart. And this is where we stand.

Nick feels we are harrassing him, but God forbid. We just want him to ask Jesus into his heart and be saved. For God wants all to be saved.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account