The true meaning of the word ‘God’ – The Trinity Doctrine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 352 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Variant translation is one thing but insertion of words not found in any manuscripts quite another.

Fear God.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You are looking for faults where they may not exist.

Insertion is common in English translations as Koine Greek needed fewer words to say the same thing.

Once again does the insertion change the message of the gospel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Presumption is Ok for you as a substitute for truth?

Thus you make yourself the arbiter of truth.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

You are avoiding my question.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick

Mark 13:6Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

6 for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

The word Christ is inserted in this passage as well. It is the same type of decision that led to the NIV replacing a pronoun with the name Jesus. Most stick with “I am he” though even then the “he” is inserted.

The difference is that I do not disagree with the technical choice of “Christ” or “he”.

We are not to be concerned with technicalities but only with the truth.

I am more concerned with Job 19:25-27 where the message is drastically different from one translation to the next. The pertinent verse is Job 19:26

American Standard Version
    And after my skin, even this body , is destroyed, Then without my flesh shall I see God;

World English Bible
    After my skin is destroyed, then in my flesh shall I see God,

As you can see they have been translated to opposing messages.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes.

Test all things and hold fast to what is good.

My words are spirit and truth.

Thy word is truth.

Fear God.

Respect the word.

Find it written and find supporting verses.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I agree!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

It is not a mere technicality when Christ is written when it is the Father being spoken about.

Fear God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I challenge the writer of this posting to rewrite it using only the KJV not the NIV and see if it supports what he is writing.

If you cared for the truth, your response would be to check it out yourself and to dig deeper like reading the Greek etc.

Leaving it there because of bias toward a translation doesn’t look to me like you really care about the truth of this verse. I could be wrong, but that is an easy conclusion to come to if you leave the onus on the writer of that page.

terraricca
    Participant

hi

Mk 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.KJV

Mk 13:6 Many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am he,’ and will deceive many.NIV

to me it means the same thing ,but if we compere it with the other gospels then we can have the real meaning of it

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

It is not a mere technicality when Christ is written when it is the Father being spoken about.

Fear God.

I am sure God will judge those individuals whom chose to interpret it according but as for me my calling is to interpret it to the truth and not argue about words. The exception is if it is not possible to interpret it do the truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Yes you seem to believe you are the arbiter of truth.

Others raise their eyebrows at such a claim.

kerwin
    Participant

Terrarica,

I have not been inspired to check it in other passages.

terraricca
    Participant

yeah ,many think that God describe the heaven and that the heaven are like the earth ? wrong

some cannot see that Jesus and God his father have two different authorities ,they not see that the disciples that will reign with Jesus also have received a authority but not the same has Christ not of his father ,

they so blind to the truth of the scriptures spirit ,that they only see the ink and paper ,

all translation are corrupt ,but not the message in it ,but you have to learn what the real message is before you can follow it ,and for that you have to walk in the truth first ,you see those are steps to make and to follow and one give to the other ,

God = means the supreme being ; the one known to Adam ,

and the one known to Moses ,and Jesus ,and to those that walk has Jesus did ,

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Would it not be wiser for them to learn to judge the spirit?

The Spirit is determine what is beneficial for the gospel.

God uses Satan’s actions to do good. It is wise to learn from his perfect example and not be snared is technicalities.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

I have not been inspired to check it in other passages.

=================================================================================

you can only be inspired with the same effort you give to God ,think

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Your foundation is not the rock of the Spirit but your own intellect.

Fear God.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

for you think yours is any better ? you are a false teacher period ,end of story

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Hi KW,

Your foundation is not the rock of the Spirit but your own intellect.

Fear God.

Should I point out mind = intellect or are you already aware and breathing out words that you know are without truth.

Romans 7:25Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

1 Chronicles 28:9Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

I have more trouble with my heart which is fond of self indulgence. If you want to accuse me then accuse me there as my guilt is great.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,

Only submitted minds are led by the Spirit.

Be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 352 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account