The Trinity Doctrine is an unnecessary stumbling block

This topic contains 907 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Jael 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi Gene,

Some of your ideas make reasonable sense.

But they do not link to 2 Thess 2 except in your imagination.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi Gene,

Are you not familiar with the Seven spirits of God?

They are named in the book that the Holy Spirit in Jude quotes from.

Uriel

Raphael

Raguel

Michael

Saraquel

Gabriel

Ramiel.

The Holy Spirit Of God is one.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 884
    • Total replies 18,229

Hi Gene,

Some of your ideas make reasonable sense.

But they do not link to 2 Thess 2 except in your imagination.

Nick, you have opposed Gene for a long time now. When he said that Jesus did not exist as the Word and that he is just a man like Adam, you debated him. Now you see as he does. Have you thanked him for trying to show you what you think is now the truth? While I disagree with both of you on this, I am pointing out the lack of acknowledgement. Surely we should say, I was wrong and you were right or something to that tune?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 884
    • Total replies 18,229

@jael. You clearly state that Jesus did not come in the flesh:

1) ‘Jesus’ is NOT whom scriptures says came in the flesh. It is the WORD that came, God’s Word, God’s PROMISE OF A SAVIOUR (a Christ). John the Baptist did not call Jesus,’The word’ but rather, ‘The Light’:

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Here is another translation which seems slightly different. Being such an important topic, I feel I should quote both:

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

What am I supposed to conclude from your confession Jael after reading this?

Jael 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 236

Hi t8, what you should conclude is that you are deliberately mistaking two different things concerning ‘came (or coming) in the flesh’.

In John 1, the ‘WORD’ of God, God’s Promise to send a Saviour took on flesh, came true.

The second point was against those who refused to believe that Jesus the saviour had come (died and rose again). There were many Jews who still did not believe, even today. They are still awaiting THAT PROMISE from God.

Do you notice the ‘FROM GOD’? Whether you believe Jesus IS GOD, or you believe Jesus is some kind of Procreated Spirit offspring of God (Even God cannot do the impossible and remain God!!), the scriptures states that Jesus was a man sanctified BY GOD and sent into the world…

FIRST, he was a man, next he was SANCTIFIED, and finally, SENT INTO the world.

t8, ‘have you been …’ preaching ‘so long and have not recognised …’ what “Into the World” means?

t8, ‘Into the world’ means, ‘against those who oppose God; against the evil one’. It does NOT mean, ‘Born in humanity’. This is, in fact, where many wrongful ideas stem from but is easily cleared up when you read that it was AFTER Jesus was BAPTISED (apology for previous post where I said John the Baptist didn’t call Jesus ‘the word’, I meant ‘John the Apostle/Disciple) that he was ‘Sent into the world’. John 10:36 states this… Jesus answered the jews saying, ‘what of the one the Father sanctified and sent into the world…’.

t8, why would Jesus in heaven need sanctifying (some say, Consecrated) before being born as a baby on Earth (in the world)?

In fact, can you say where in scriptures it says that God consecrated, ‘set apart’, Jesus? Hint: ‘This is my son in whom I am well pleased’!!

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi T8,

Yes we should be humble enough to admit we have erred.

I have changed and learned a huge amount since coming here through a wide variety of vessels such as Gene.

What of you?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi Jael,

Jn 17.18

As you sent me into the world,

I also have sent them into the world.

Not birth.

Jael 
    Participant
    • Topics started 6
    • Total replies 236

Yes, Nick..

Jesus sent the disciples ‘into the world’, sent them to oppose the evil and Satan’s regime.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi Jael,

Yes Enoch shows how the evil angels brought sin into the world.

Now an anointed man is sent into the kingdom of darkness to bring back light and humiliate those mighty angels.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi T8,

You seem to immediately assume that those who do not see as you see are of the wrong spirit.

But perhaps it is you who cannot yet see the kingdom spiritually.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi t8,

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and do not lean on your own understanding.

In all your ways acknowledge Him

and He will make your paths straight.

Do not be wise in your own eyes.

Prov 3.5f.

Therefore strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble,

and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint,

but rather be healed

Heb 12.12f

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 884
    • Total replies 18,229

@jael

Your following words are pointless if you stand by your previous statement which I will quote again:

‘Jesus’ is NOT whom scriptures says came in the flesh.

This is how we know the Antichrist spirit and I know that those who have this spirit have all kinds of enticing arguments to show others their logical reasoning. But the elephant is still in the room. Unless you say you were wrong, no amount of intelligent and logical argument is going to change the fact that you deny Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi t8,

Again you revert to accusations that others are not of the right spirit.

You make yourself a paragon of truth?

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 884
    • Total replies 18,229

Hi T8,

Yes we should be humble enough to admit we have erred.

I have changed and learned a huge amount since coming here through a wide variety of vessels such as Gene.

What of you?

That is great to hear and is encouraging. Would be nice if there were more posts like this.

Yes of course, I have learned a lot through here. Particularly when refuting others. It strengthens what I already know. On other matters, I have seen that I cannot be too definite on some things as before because they are truly obscured in scripture as pointed out to me by some members here. Others have shown me things that I may likely have missed and so being informed through them has been very helpful. As for completely changing a core tenet, that hasn’t happened here. It certainly happened to me before this forum. I use to believe and argue for the Trinity. I also subscribed to a certain end time eschatological view, but since this forum have opened up to other views. EdJ helped me there.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,855

Hi T8,

So you learned by correcting others?

hmmm

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 908 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account