The throne of Satan through history

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Rabbi Jonathan Cahn talks about Pergamon in Turkey where a “gigantic” altar of Zeus was placed. In the book of Revelation it speaks about Pergamon and this altar.

Revelation 2:12-14
    “And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: ‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

Mr Cahn explains in the following video where this throne was located and the places it was moved to throughout history. He draws interesting parallels from these locations and events that have taken place in world history.

terraricca
    Participant

how is it possible that satan the rebel cherub established himself on earth ? this is ludicrous

his demons yes ,satan can go around the earth faster than the best of our satellite

Proclaimer
    Participant

Revelation 2:12-14
    “And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: ‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is; and you hold fast My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days of Antipas, My witness, My faithful one, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

Is this true or not?

terraricca
    Participant

t8
    how can you ask me this question,

does the one that has a sharp sword ,has in reality a sharp double edge sword ? do spirit beings fight like men ?

do spirit beings sit on thrones like men ?

of cause i believe the scriptures but seen and understood in God’s holy spirit of truth not in a men’s view

Proclaimer
    Participant

How can I ask you this question?

I use my mouth verbally or keyboard to type it.

Face it. It is either true or false. Which one is it?

terraricca
    Participant

you did not understood my question,

but you did not answered my sub questions

and yes those scriptures are the truth but you read them as a man in flesh

Proclaimer
    Participant

how is it possible that satan the rebel cherub established himself on earth ? this is ludicrous

The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Who is the god of this age? If it is Satan / The Devil, then yes he is established here in this world. The world is not the Earth though.

Is the Devil the god of this world or god of this age?

Proclaimer
    Participant

So you agree with this scripture then. So what is there to discuss in this topic then if you agree. I am not sure what your questioning now.

terraricca
    Participant

your interpretation says that one city on earth is,was,the throne of Satan ,on this i said you are wrong,

this is why i ask you the questions i did about the sword,

now pushing it one step further who is the god of this world ?

Luke 4:5-7 tells that Satan received ALL the kingdoms and wealth of the earth

was not also Satan thrown down from heaven ? yes scriptures say so,

one more step further ,did not Jesus say that he is not of this world ? yes did he not say that his disciples were not of this world ? yes he did (John 17)

knowing the above should then not all christ followers be separating themselves from the world? yes they should,and the reasons are well explain in Rev.

terraricca
    Participant

Satan ,is the God of this world this does not mean he owns the planet earth but he owns the maddness of this world for he create it,

but man and angels have to chose who they will support Satan or God,this is our tribulation

Proclaimer
    Participant

Not my interpretation or words because it clearly says:

“And to the angel of the church in Pergamum write: The One who has the sharp two-edged sword says this: ‘I know where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is;

I just simply agree with these words that is all. You do not seem to agree with these words.

Proclaimer
    Participant

If he rules all the kingdoms of the world, then why would he not have a throne?

God has a throne and rules the universe.

I don’t think your points about Satan not having a throne makes sense considering God has a throne and what it said about Pergamum. In fact this part of the world held the capital to more than one empire located around the great sea.

When we talk about thrones we talk about seats of governance. While there are many seats of power and many levels of power, that should never negate that there is a seat above all of them.

terraricca
    Participant

your last sentence tells it,throne = authority over , this is true ,for God is the master ruler,he gives and take away,Satan throne = authority was given to him this is well said by him to Jesus,and Paul call him the god of this world ,

and as for Pergamus ,when did this occurred ? or is this only a allegory ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Allegory or not, that area of the world was the capital for four empires and two significant ones, the Roman Empire (Byzantine) and the Ottoman Empire (Islamic). If it is an allegory, then it is coincidental. But God knows all things, so choosing to say that about that part of the world was likely intentional and for a purpose.

terraricca
    Participant

I have to disagree with you ,if it is a allegory then you need spiritual understanding if not then you can read and understand it as written ,

whatever God does there is always a purpose but what purpose is it this as to understood in truth

Proclaimer
    Participant

You are entitled to believe that it was purely coincidental that the gigantic altar of Zeus was in Pergamon and that God told Jesus who told the angel who told John that those who dwell in Pergamon  is where Satan’s throne is located. I think that Zeus was part of  the legends of old. false gods and mighty men who were the Nephilim. Satan is the father of lies, thus Zeus may be a better mask than his true nature as the adversary.

terraricca
    Participant

you dont make sense ,Zeus was before the flood about 2400 years prior to the book of revelation ,

how much of the city of Pergamon was left at the time of John ?

it ad feld around 129 bc into the hands of Rome,

Proclaimer
    Participant

Was Satan before the flood?

Regardless, Zeus was part of the Greek pantheon and considered the father of gods and men. For the Romans, Zeus went by the name ‘Jupiter’.

According to Wikipedia, the main sites of ancient Pergamon are to the north and west of the modern city of Bergama in Turkey.

terraricca
    Participant

my point is that satan never had a throne on earth but the world of men was given to him so he could prove his point before God

and that all the letter to the spirit of the congregations (7) are all allegorical by that spirit of truth ,

I will not force anyone to accept this believe for I know that anyone that live by the truth know this ,

Proclaimer
    Participant

If he is the god of this age, then he could well have a throne. And we read about that throne in Revelation.

Allegories are not meant to say or imply the opposite Terraricca.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account