The sword slays the dragon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 208 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2013,01:35)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 15 2013,23:14)
    Wakeup, Jouurney, Mike, and anyone else that is concerned,

Jesus said “and recovering of sight to the blind” that is not even in the AKJV verse of Isaiah that parallels the one he was quoting.  The AKJV states he used “bruised” to quote Isaiah's “bound”.   In the AKJV Jesus uses “poor” where Isaiah uses “meek”.  There are other differences but these and the ones that appear significant if you wish to argue over words.

K

anyone that understand scriptures knows that God talks about his people ,his faithful ones NOT THE WICKEDS

T,

My point is either Jesus did not quote Isaiah word for word or the AKJV has one of the passages wrong.  It cold also be both which is the answer I suspicion is correct.

In the case that you believe the difference in the two passages is not important then you have to justify why the same or less difference between two translations of the same verse is important.

Certain people chose not to entertain the idea the AKJV could be wrong.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 16 2013,05:38)

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2013,01:35)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 15 2013,23:14)
    Wakeup, Jouurney, Mike, and anyone else that is concerned,

Jesus said “and recovering of sight to the blind” that is not even in the AKJV verse of Isaiah that parallels the one he was quoting.  The AKJV states he used “bruised” to quote Isaiah's “bound”.   In the AKJV Jesus uses “poor” where Isaiah uses “meek”.  There are other differences but these and the ones that appear significant if you wish to argue over words.

K

anyone that understand scriptures knows that God talks about his people ,his faithful ones NOT THE WICKEDS

T,

My point is either Jesus did not quote Isaiah word for word or the AKJV has one of the passages wrong.  It cold also be both which is the answer I suspicion is correct.

In the case that you believe the difference in the two passages is not important then you have to justify why the same or less difference between two translations of the same verse is important.

Certain people chose not to entertain the idea the AKJV could be wrong.

K

you missed my point ,you have to keep in mind that the scriptures are written for God's people not the wicked ones,

so make your understanding accordingly

kerwin
    Participant

T,

Are you saying only those who are seeking God's kingdom and his righteousness will come to know the truth?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 16 2013,11:20)
    T,

Are you saying only those who are seeking God's kingdom and his righteousness will come to know the truth?

K

Yes,but not only seek the kingdom and it's righteousness ,but also have the right attitude in their heart,

The scriptures is not a matter of words debate ,but of God will and plan ,what God as written thought out the scriptures ,and so understanding ,the basic truth of God is required ,love God ,seek the kingdom and it's righteousness ,why is this so important ??? Because those are the bases to understand God's purpose and plan,and we cannot deviate from it.

Wakeup
    Participant

John 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

John 6:56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

1.What is His flesh?
    2.Where is his true flesh?
    3.Where can we find his true flesh?
    4.How can we distinguish,his true flesh, from the corrupted
    flesh?
    5.Are we to eat any flesh?
    6.Who is the one that can guide us to the true flesh?

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2013,11:47)

T,

K

Yes,but not only seek the kingdom and it's righteousness ,but also have the right attitude in their heart,

The scriptures is not a matter of words debate ,but of God will and plan ,what God as written thought out the scriptures ,and so understanding ,the basic truth of God is required ,love God ,seek the kingdom and it's righteousness ,why is this so important ??? Because those are the bases to understand God's purpose and plan,and we cannot deviate from it.

T,

Thank you!

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 16 2013,17:32)
    John 6:53   Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:54   Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:55   For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

John 6:56   He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

1.What is His flesh?
      flesh?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Are those words parables?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Nov. 16 2013,16:47)

T,

K

Terricca…….It does not say “seek the Kingdom of God and “IT”S “righteousness”, and have a right  attitude in your heart of it,  it says seek you “first” the kingdom of God and “HIS” Righteousness. Not “IT'S” righteousness.

And as far as knowing about God scripture says this , “a time will come when a man will no longer teach his neighbor saying, “KNOW” The LORD, for all shall know of Me,  from the least to the greatest Says the LORD . Jesus also said “KNOW” you not, you shall “ALL” be taught “BY” GOD>

gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 17 2013,02:36)

John 6:53   Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:54   Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:56   He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

1.What is His flesh?
      flesh?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

John 6:55 For my flesh is
    **meat indeed**,
    and my blood is
    **drink indeed**.

wakeup.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (journey42 @ Nov. 14 2013,21:43)
    KJV
    Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

From NETNotes:

4 tc The majority of mss, especially the later Byzantines, include the phrase “to heal the brokenhearted” at this point (A Θ Ψ 0102 Ë1 Ï). The phrase is lacking in several weighty mss (א B D L W Ξ Ë13 33 579 700 892* pc lat sys co), including representatives from both the Alexandrian and Western texttypes.

From the standpoint of external evidence, the omission of the phrase is more likely original.

When internal evidence is considered, the shorter reading becomes almost certain. Scribes would be much more prone to add the phrase here to align the text with Isa 61:1, the source of the quotation, than to remove it from the original.

What say you, journey?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 17 2013,00:18)

1.What is His flesh?
      flesh?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

John 6:55   For my flesh is
            **meat indeed**,
                and my blood is
            **drink indeed**.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Psalm 78:2
    Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

2 I will open my mouth in a parable:
    I will utter dark sayings of old:

Close but I would say it is what the AKJV translators say is a dark saying, where the meaning is hidden.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 17 2013,00:52)

Quote (journey42 @ Nov. 14 2013,21:43)
    KJV
    Luke 4:18   The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

From NETNotes:

4 tc The majority of mss, especially the later Byzantines, include the phrase “to heal the brokenhearted” at this point (A Θ Ψ 0102 Ë1 Ï). The phrase is lacking in several weighty mss (א B D L W Ξ Ë13 33 579 700 892* pc lat sys co), including representatives from both the Alexandrian and Western texttypes.

From the standpoint of external evidence, the omission of the phrase is more likely original.

When internal evidence is considered, the shorter reading becomes almost certain. Scribes would be much more prone to add the phrase here to align the text with Isa 61:1, the source of the quotation, than to remove it from the original.

What say you, journey?

Mike,

The AKJV of Isaiah does not not match what Jesus quoted even as it sits which may mean the AKJV is based on different sources of the two or the translator translated them each in isolation of one another.

I do know that in the AKJV Jesus quoted Isaiah and stated “”and recovering of sight to the blind” and the AKJV does not have Isaiah saying that.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Yes Kerwin.  This is one of the times I mentioned to journey in the “LXX” thread – where Jesus quoted the LXX version – and not the Hebrew version.

The LXX version is as follows:

Isaiah 61 LXX
    1 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me; he has sent me to preach glad tidings to the poor, to heal the broken in heart, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind;

2 to declare the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of recompence; to comfort all that mourn;

The NIV footnote of Luke 4:18-19 says:  Isaiah 61:1,2 (see Septuagint).

It's hard to believe the LXX didn't exist if Jesus himself quoted from it in Luke 4:18-19.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 17 2013,07:26)

1.What is His flesh?
      flesh?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

**meat indeed**,
                and my blood is
            **drink indeed**.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Close but I would say it is what the AKJV translators say is a dark saying, where the meaning is hidden.

Kerwin.

This is why Hesus said: seek and find.

Not all are written in parables.

Are you also against these words of Jesus?
    Was he speaking in parables here?
    flesh indeed: blood indeed: can you give us some deeper info?

John 6:55 For my flesh is
    **meat indeed**,
    and my blood is
    **drink indeed**.

wakeup

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 18 2013,03:47)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 17 2013,07:26)

1.What is His flesh?
      flesh?

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

**meat indeed**,
                and my blood is
            **drink indeed**.

wakeup.

Wakeup,

Kerwin.

This is why Hesus said: seek and find.

Not all are written in parables.

Are you also against these words of Jesus?
    Was he speaking in parables here?
    flesh indeed:  blood indeed: can you give us some deeper info?

**meat indeed**,
                and my blood is
            **drink indeed**.

wakeup

Wakeup,

He was not speaking of cannibalism so the meaning is hidden.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

As to what he is speaking of it is most likely the food and drink that will fill those that hunger and thirst to be righteous as God is righteous. That would be the fulfillment of the promise he made to them and they are the ones that obey his instruction to seek first God's righteousness and Kingdom.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 18 2013,16:01)
    Wakeup,

As to what he is speaking of it is most likely the food and drink that will fill those that hunger and thirst to be righteous as God is righteous.  That would be the fulfillment of the promise he made to them and they are the ones that obey his instruction to seek first God's righteousness and Kingdom.

Kerwin.

The meaning is hidden indeed.
    Hidden from you.

READ:

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth,
    but for **that meat** **which endureth unto everlasting
    life**,
    which the Son of man **shall give unto you**:
    ***for him hath God the Father sealed***.

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Wakeup,

Another passage with a hidden meaning though it simple to see what it means if you are seeking God's righteousness and kingdom. Those who walk according to the ways of the Spirit will not see death.

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 20 2013,10:45)
    Wakeup,

Another passage with a hidden meaning though it simple to see what it means if you are seeking God's righteousness and kingdom.  Those who walk according to the ways of the Spirit will not see death.

Kerwin.

Labour not for the meat which perish.
    All seem to be hidden from you.

Labout for the meat that gives life everlasting.
    **For him hath God sealed**.

wakeup.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………..When Jesus said His flesh is meat indeed and His blood in drink indeed, He was referencing to what we do with meat and drink, it was a symbolic Term. Eat and Drink is what we take to ourselves, into us. WE must except the sacrifice of Jesus to ourselves, in so doing we are excepting it, as one does when he eats and drinks food, he is taking it into his very existence for life. Same Spiritual Principle applies, when we accept the sacrifice of Jesus for the forgiveness of sins by way of his Payment with his life and applying it to ourselves we then, in a “spiritual sense”, are eating and drinking the flesh and blood life of Jesus that he gave for us all, and as a result we have received into us that Grace from God the Father, that genders unto eternal life. IMO

peace and love to you all…………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 208 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account