The serpent in the Garden of Eden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Why do you say God has no involvement, was he not involved in Job’s case? And in the case of Sawl, and all mankind. I think God the Father is fully involved in everything taking place in and on this earth.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi….I read once that the lords prayer ackually says, that the Father keeps us from being tempted and thereby delivering us from evil. Have you ever heard that? I don’t think you and Nick are that far apart, both you and him have good points IMO

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

James says that God does not tempt anyone.

The case of Job explains that it is the work of

The accuser of the brethren

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Get behind me satan.

Why would you think that this was addressed to a man?

Satans live in people and disrupt their health, their thinking and their behaviours and God deals with them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say God’s angels roam the earth seeking those who need instruction and refinement.

Any scriptural backing for this idea?

The children of God are led by the Spirit of God.

They do not need to be taught because the Spirit teaches and sanctifies them.

This work is within their temples where God dwells.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Do you have a carnal nature that suggests you turn stones into bread or jump off the temple roof?

Does your carnal nature offer you the riches of the earth in return for worship?

hmmm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

The magicians at the court of the Pharaoh turned sticks into snakes just as Moses did.

The difference is that the snake of Moses devoured the others.

There are other powers but God is greater.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Of course all creation and all powers have their origin in God.

But God has been very tolerant and allowed a lot of freedom to His creations.

He has signalled an end to His tolerance and a beginning of His pure new creation in His Son.

Heaven is to be cleansed as one third of the angels are cast out with their leader.

They come to earth and will create all sorts of devilish mayhem here before the end comes.

Then comes the judgement of earth, and her inhabitants according to which side their actions support.

Not a difficult choice you would think.

their actions support

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

It is the Devil who is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

Unless you repent you will all likewise perish.

There is safety on the rock.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Through the Law God appealed to man to change his behaviours offering help to those who listened.

He knew man had eaten of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Most were not interested and not able to do so.

Their Father was the devil.

The man Jesus listened and obeyed the Law fully proving the truth of God.

He was infilled with the Spirit and enabled to do the works of God and his brothers have found the same blessing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

The creation of God was very good.

The lusts in man are not of that creation.

They are of the sin in the flesh standing outside Cain.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Nick,

You are doing a good job.
    I’m glad you got your voice back!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….You need to go reread Job, it was Go who brought up Job to Satan , he used Satan to do what he wanted to be done to Job, and how do you say God is not involved?

Why does scripture say that God offered his Son for the sins of the world, if he had no involvement in it. Scripture says God knows the end from the beginning, did not God put in man the desires of the flesh, causing him to be tempted .

James did say God HIMSELF tempts no man, but it was God who put the drivers of temptation in man, from whence come lust of the flesh, so God knew what man would do even before he does it, IF YOU CAN RECIEVE THIS.

God the father created the whole creation to function just as it now does, and He TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT ALL, or why do you think He offered up his only begotten Son for payment for the sins of the whole world.

It was needful we all go through both Evil and good, inorder to teach us to love the good and hate the evil.

Nick don’t sell the Father to short, he is involved in every thing going on in this earth, “God did not put in man the ability to direct his steps”, so they all go astray relying on their own so called “FREEWILLS” to direct their paths which only leads to ruin. We are saved by GRACE and that not of ourselves.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Your argument is not with me but with the Spirit Who wrote James 1.

Align it .

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick, scripture can be taken out of context, yes it is true a man is tempted from himself, but who made the man the way he is? If there was no sexual desire within a man, there would be no fornication, as it says” all sin is without the body (another words the body is not driving those sins) except for fornication, and i would also say drug induced sins, why?, because the body itself is driving those sins.

Believe in what our brother the lord Jesus said , “for all manor of sin “shall be” forgiven man, except for blasphemy against the Spirit of truth, that shall not be forgiven man, not now or in the future. Why? Because the truth remain constant forever and does not change, so it is not forgivable .

Peace and love to you and yours brother………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

The creation of God was very good.

There is no darkness or shadow of change in our God.

Man was designed to be reunited to his missing rib and so was she.

But the inner rule of the god of this world led to distortion of the natural design plan of God.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Sorry, i disagree with part of what you wrote, God the Father knew all along what was going to happen and he created to happen exactly as it has happened. You seem to sell God our Father’s foreknowledge and abilities short brother. The purposes of God stands just as it was designed to and will continue as he has planded it, before it was ever created. And yes it is all working exactly as planned. Try not to sell our heavenly Father short brother.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Haven’t you read , we were called and chosen even before the foundation of the earth, just as OUR brother was also. The Father had it all in mind before it was ever created, or haven’t you read, “they were yours and thou have giveth them to me”, our brother said to our Father?.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

What did I say that disagrees with that?

Jodi
    Participant

Nick you said, “So if you translate angel instead as messenger you can declare that they are human messengers,

then rewrite scripture to suit your dogma? Clever sleight of hand?”

This has got to be one of the more absurd things I have heard you say and it really makes me think that you truly have no idea what you are talking about.

You seriously have to be kidding me with this!

I can only assume if you are not joking that you are unaware that there are different translations of the bible, and that you have never used lexicons.

Strong’s Number: 4397           Browse Lexicon

Original Word                Word Origin

$alm from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy

Transliterated Word

Mal’ak TWOT – 1068a

Phonetic Spelling

mal-awk’

Definition

messenger, representative

messenger

angel

the theophanic angel

NAS Word Usage – Total: 213

ambassadors 2, angel 101, angels 9, envoys 1, messenger 24, messengers 76

Nick the word is mal-awk’  and in and of itself it MEANS MESSENGER, translators read through the text and decided if it was a human messenger or if it was a supernatural messenger, and if they saw it as supernatural messenger they translated it to angel. They also created a doctrine to define that angel, and made up a non biblical story to go along with it.

I read all the scriptures as they were intended originally to mean which is simply MESSENGER, I then use the surrounding text to decide WHICH messenger the scripture is referring to, one of God’s human messengers, or one of God’s nonhuman heavenly messengers.

For you to say that I am rewriting and using a clever sleight of hand, is to make you a false accuser, obviously bestowed upon you by your own ignorance.

What you could correctly assert, is that with the options that exist within a given text to identify the messenger being mentioned I do not give weight to what the popular Christian belief is, but rather I make identification based on the surrounding text.

Here is another example,

Strong’s Number: 7854           Browse Lexicon

Original Word

!tX       from (07853)

Transliterated Word

Satan

Phonetic Spelling

saw-tawn’   

Definition

adversary, one who withstands

adversary (in general – personal or national)

superhuman adversary

Satan (as noun pr)

NAS Word Usage – Total: 27

accuser 1, adversary 8, Satan 18

If I see the word Satan I do not define it as most Christians do according to a doctrine, I define it according to its original meaning which is adversary, I then read the surrounding text to decide what kind of adversary is being spoken about, is it a man?..is it God?…is it one of God’s angels?…is it the Old Man? You have to read the text to find out.

I RELY on the MEANING of the original word, this isn’t rewriting a thing!!

John the Baptist is called a messenger, it is the same text used in 2 Peter 2, so how is it that I am rewriting? When you read 2 Peter 2 it makes no sense to identify the messengers in that passage as fallen angels. The entire rest of the passage is taking about men and giving examples of punishment God bestowed on men, and as well referring to them as NATURAL beasts. Showing how well Jeremiah 23 aligns with 2 Peter 2 establishes the credibility of my interpretation, along with the comparison of John the Baptist also being referred to as a messenger using the same text.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account