The serpent in the Garden of Eden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I don’t think Jodi, is saying there are not such things as demonic spirits, but QUESTING where they come from, is it our own selves or is it an outside force of some kind, SENDING them to us, like God himself. That is why i ask her what does she think SPIRITS ARE. SHE HAS PRESENTED A LOT OF SCRIPTURES AND SO HAVE YOU BROTHER, EVERYTHING IN THIS DISCUSSION SEEMS TO BOIL DOWN TO SPIRIT, SO I ASK HER FOR HER DEFINATION OF WHAT A SPIRIT IS. I AM STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER.

NICK, I DO TRY TO FOLLOW JESUS AND WHAT HE SAYS.

Peace and love to you and yours. …….gene

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Sorry, I thought I had answered your questions somewhat at least, but not fully.

You said, “TO ME SPIRITS are types and kinds of intellects, like good and evil. They effect our cognitive comprehensions of life. Whats your understanding of them? Me and Nick have differed in our opinion about them in the past, would like to know your thoughts on them.”

I think I am on par with you.

I had said, “It represents a state of mind, either a feeling or that which it contains, such as wisdom.”

“kind of intellects” and “state of mind” I think are very similar.

intellect is defined as the understanding or mental powers, whereas state of mind is your mood or mental state at a particular time. To have a spirit of jealousy would be described as a mood at a particular time, and likewise the spirit of humbleness, joy, or anger..etc..

a man’s spirit or God’s Spirit is more like what you described, which I feel is very accurate, which includes their knowledge combined with their  disposition-their temperament, nature, character, mentality.

an unclean spirit represents a bad spirit either from God, like making someone mad, their brain dysfunctional, or from man, who can make his own brain as well as other people’s brain’s dysfunctional. I will elaborate on this in another post.

a spirit as I explained, is shown in scripture as a mood or feeling that can come and go, like anger, joy, or jealousy. These are aroused by the fulfillment or lack there of to our desires. I will also elaborate on this more later.

One thing is for sure is that a spirit has influence on behavior, it can come from our carnal minds or it can be of God.

A spirit is definitely not a ghost of a dead person, either haunting or assisting people, I at least hope we can all agree on that, lol!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

If someone who has rejected the teachings of The Spirit

agrees with your personal opinions

what has been achieved?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I am not tryibg to elevate myself brother, but when we can come to agreements on things it should edify us all. I simply ask Jodi what was her perspective on what a spirit is. I am more concerned with is a single spirit a actual complete “being” of some kind or is it a single “type” or kind of mental cognisity that can effect us, whats your take on this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

What does scripture say?

That is where you find truth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jn 15.7

If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Lk 9.26

For whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the son of man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory, and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Jn 12.44f

..He who believes in me does not believe in me but in Him Who sent me. He who sees me sees the One Who sent me. I have come as light into the world, so that everyone who believes in me will not remain in darkness. If anyone hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world , but to save the world. He who rejects me and does not receive my sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. For I did not speak on my own initiative, but the Father Himself Who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told me.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….I also believe GOD THE FATHER, gave Jesus the words to say and even how to say them, what part of what Jodi is saying disagrees with what Jesus said? What i would like to know from both of you is, are spirits “beings” themselves, or are they part of what is “in” beings, driving them to do the things they do? This seems to be the issue here, you seem to belive spirits are complete beings, themselves, i tend to think they are parts of beings, that motavate them, maybe we are all right in some points. Jesus said God is spirit, it also says there are seven spirits of God, so which is it then, is God a composition of spirits, or just one spirit, are we a composite of spirits are just one spirit?

Nick, Lets not make this descusion about are we saved or not brother, i believe both you I and Jodi, are all of God, and were simply discussing some deeper things about scriptures. We can all learn some things from each other, because none of us has “all” knowledge and understanding yet, and perhaps never will, so we are all growing i hope. We need to be workman rightly deviding the word of God.

Peace and love to you and yours. …..gene.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick,

Exodus 4: 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

Mr 9:25 20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming. ..15 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it, “Deaf and dumb spirit, I command you, come out of him and enter him no more!”

Same story in Luke,

Luke 9:42 And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

unclean spirit and devil -Daimonion are used interchangeably

Why would Jesus call the spirit deaf and dumb? If one believes that the unclean spirit or demon represents an intelligent being that is possessing a person, and in doing such is making the person deaf and dumb, then why would Jesus refer to the spirit as deaf and dumb? If the spirit is DEAF why is Jesus speaking to it? We see that this spirit causes convulsions,

The term “convulsion” is often used interchangeably with “seizure,” although there are many types of seizure, some of which have subtle or mild symptoms instead of convulsions. Seizures of all types are caused by disorganized and sudden electrical activity in the brain….

• Brief blackout followed by period of confusion
    • Sudden falling
    • Drooling or frothing at the mouth
    • Grunting and snorting
    • Breathing stops temporarily
    • Uncontrollable muscle spasms with twitching and jerking limbs
    • Loss of bladder or bowel control
    • Eye movements
    • Teeth clenching
    • Unusual behavior like sudden anger, aggression, sudden laughter, or picking at one’s clothing
    • dementia
    • vocal outburst with and without profanity

For people back then they had no understanding of the human brain and what certain conditions could do to a person, they believed in superstitions of demons, evil entities living inside people.Imagine a child violently falling to the ground, foaming at the mouth, his body and head bashing all around causing bruises, possibly speaking profanities, then grunting and snorting. Yah if you were completely IGNORANT and relied on your own imagination, and gave heed to false gods and their demons you would think the child was possessed by a wicked spirit being.

This is the difference Nick, demons of pagans and even corrupt Jews, thought that there was a separate entity inside the person, but the truth was they had a brain disease causing them to go mad, or to be epileptic. I have a friend who is an epileptic, in college I went to visit her at her place of work, she was out that day, as the day before she had an episode, she had  violently fell to the ground, she dented a metal garbage can with her head!! The owner showed me the garbage can.  If this was back in the days of Jesus, she wouldn’t even have a job, she would be seen as cursed by a demon and she would have been treated like less than a dog.

There is a difference between God casting diseases on people that effect their brains, making them have convulsions, delusions, and be insane, verses believing that a separate evil being has entered inside you and has taken control over your body.

NOTICE child was HEALED from this devil/unclean spirit. 

Matthew 4:24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed; and he healed them.

They are ALL being healed!! Heal is to CURE, RESTORE HEALTH!!!!!

Jesus REBUKES a FEVER the same way he REBUKES an unclean spirit.

Once again it is GOD that makes the DUMB and the DEAF, the boy Jesus CURED and restored his health to was said to have devils/unclean spirits in him making him DUMB and DEAF.

Come out of your superstitions Nick! Enter reality, we have knowledge about brain disorders, you know!!

Jodi
    Participant

Hi Gene,

I just read your last post, and I agree with you that spirits are not separate living beings.

You said, “or are they part of what is “in” beings, driving them to do the things they do.”

I would agree with this!

As I just described previously the difference between what the pagan’s idea of demons were actual living wicked beings, verses what my idea of demons are which is, the infirmities God casts onto people, they are conditions/diseases of the brain.

Nick had said previously that I believe as the pagans do by denoting the unclean spirits as coming from my God as they believed that they came from their gods. While that would be a true statement, I do not identify the demons as the same as they did, which clearly seems to be how Nick views them.

So Nick and I disagree on both where they came from and what they are.

Jodi
    Participant

Deuteronomy 28: 28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart

Hosea 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.

Exodus 34:7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You have shown you do not believe in the One Holy Spirit and believe in your own ideas.

Jodi also only can accept what her mind can understand and the rest she ascribes to superstition.

Since the basis of revealed truth is scripture there is no mutual foundation for useful dialogue is there?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…You are wrong, where have i ever said the (holy) spirit is not one spirit?, i do believe the (holy) spirit is a single type or kind of spirit, “even the spirit of truth” which abides with us forever we are told, yes, that is a specific kind or type of spirit Nick, there are many types and kinds of spirits is what i believe Nick, even clean and unclean spirits.

Nick, Where in scripture do you find that the (holy) spirit is the “only” spirit that exists? The scriptures say there are seven spirits of GOD, YOU SAY NO, so whos not believing in what is written me or you, brother?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You are happily ensconced in your own ideas.

Why should we disturb you?

Jodi
    Participant

Understanding Romans 8, Angels and demons…

First build a foundation through several scriptures,

Deuteronomy 28: 28 The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart…59 Then the LORD will make thy plagues wonderful, and the plagues of thy seed, even great plagues, and of long continuance, and sore sicknesses, and of long continuance.

Deuteronomy 29: 22 So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;

Deuteronomy 30: 19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.

Deuteronomy 32: 39 “See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand.

1 Chronicles 21: 12 three years of famine, three months of being swept away before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the LORD—days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.’ Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”

Job 33: 14 For God does speak—now one way, now another— though no one perceives it. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, 16 he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, 17 to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, 18 to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword. 19 “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain with constant distress in their bones, 20 so that their body finds food repulsive and their soul loathes the choicest meal. 21 Their flesh wastes away to nothing, and their bones, once hidden, now stick out. 22 They draw near to the pit, and their life to the messengers of death. 23 Yet if there is an angel at their side, a messenger, one out of a thousand, sent to tell them how to be upright, 24 and he is gracious to that person and says to God, ‘Spare them from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for them— 25 let their flesh be renewed like a child’s; let them be restored as in the days of their youth’— 26 then that person can pray to God and find favor with him, they will see God’s face and shout for joy; he will restore them to full well-being. 27 And they will go to others and say, ‘I have sinned, I have perverted what is right, but I did not get what I deserved. 28 God has delivered me from going down to the pit, and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.’ 29 “God does all these things to a person— twice, even three times— 30 to turn them back from the pit, that the light of life may shine on them.

Romans 8: 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Nor angel or demon, this is speaking of as we can see from OT scripture, that it is God’s angels that bring forth curses, madness/unclean spirits/demons. Paul speaks of hardship, famine, death by sword, etc… all of which come from God and delivered through His angels.

1 Chronicles 21: 12 three years of famine, three months of being swept away before your enemies, with their swords overtaking you, or three days of the sword of the LORD—days of plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD ravaging every part of Israel.’ Now then, decide how I should answer the one who sent me.”

Jeremiah 5: 12 They have lied about the LORD; they said, “He will do nothing! No harm will come to us; we will never see sword or famine.

Jeremiah 11: 22 therefore this is what the LORD Almighty says: “I will punish them. Their young men will die by the sword, their sons and daughters by famine.

Jeremiah 14: 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague.”.. 15 Therefore this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, ‘No sword or famine will touch this land.’ Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine.

Ezekiel 5: 12 A third of your people will die of the plague or perish by famine inside you; a third will fall by the sword outside your walls; and a third I will scatter to the winds and pursue with drawn sword… 17 I will send famine and wild beasts against you, and they will leave you childless. Plague and bloodshed will sweep through you, and I will bring the sword against you. I the LORD have spoken.”

Both Jeremiah and Ezekiel have many more scriptures that speak of God casting famine, death by sword, and plagues of which are carried out by HIS angels.

It is those with faith in Christ that are saved, and there is to be no worry then of the punishment of sins brought forth by God’s FAITHFUL Angels.

We see that sometimes God will REMOVE these sicknesses, curses/unclean spirits only to test men and have them COME BACK multiple times!! Faith in Jesus Christ redeems them.

Matthew 9: 2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.

Matthew 9:22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

Mark 10: 52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

Luke 17: 13 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. 14 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed… 19 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Others would offer you foundations apart from that specified by God, Jesus Christ.

They would reject his teachings and mock them as superstition.

Jodi
    Participant

You have nothing left but to accuse me of MOCKING God and Jesus?

You have accused me of believing I am an authority of scripture, which I have never ONCE said, and now you are a hypocrite, because if I do not believe AS YOU DO, THAT MEANS I AM MOCKING God and Jesus.

When I repeat the very words of Jesus ,where he says that men defile THEMSELVES from WITHIN, and repeat scripture that says God ALONE brings calamity and cursing upon man, and use their DIRECT words to form my understanding, and REPEATEDLY use scripture throughout the OT and NT to defend my point with sincerity, even if I do not agree with you, that does NOT EQUATE to me MOCKING anyone, by any sense of YOUR IMAGINATION.

Shame on you and your slander and hypocrisy!!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….Jodi has presented many, many, many, scriptures supporting her claims, you on the other hand have presented little, and even denied the written scriptures presented by her, and yet criticized her and me as well. Bad form brother.

None of this has to do with our salvation through Jesus Christ anyway Nick. Calling brothers and sisters charletions and ect, is wrong Nick imo.

My advice to you is to consider this, you might not know as much as you think you do, you might be even restricting your growth and others as well by not honestly considering things presented here. Its one thing to deny whats said by presenting scriptures, and quite another to deny them just because you think you know better then others Nick.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……gene

Jodi
    Participant

These scriptures show exactly what I am talking about,

Job 33: 14 For God does speak—now one way, now another— though no one perceives it. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, 16 he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, 17 to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, 18 to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword. 19 “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain with constant distress in their bones, 20 so that their body finds food repulsive and their soul loathes the choicest meal. 21 Their flesh wastes away to nothing, and their bones, once hidden, now stick out. 22 They draw near to the pit, and their life to the messengers of death. 23 Yet if there is an angel at their side, a messenger, one out of a thousand, sent to tell them how to be upright, 24 and he is gracious to that person and says to God, ‘Spare them from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for them— 25 let their flesh be renewed like a child’s; let them be restored as in the days of their youth’— 26 then that person can pray to God and find favor with him, they will see God’s face and shout for joy; he will restore them to full well-being. 27 And they will go to others and say, ‘I have sinned, I have perverted what is right, but I did not get what I deserved. 28 God has delivered me from going down to the pit, and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.’ 29 “God does all these things to a person— twice, even three times— 30 to turn them back from the pit, that the light of life may shine on them.

Is their an angel on their side, one of a thousand? This is comparing God’s angels that come and curse man verses God’s angels that restore men, ONCE a man has  REPENTED of his SINS. Sometimes it takes a curse leaving and then coming back to establish the refinement and righteousness that God seeks.

2 Kings 17:25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them.

Jeremiah 2:19 Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reprove thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the LORD thy God, and that my fear is not in thee, saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

Psalms 36:1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes. 2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful. 3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good. 4 He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

Notice there is no fear of God and they are wicked WITHIN their hearts and they flatter themselves in their OWN eyes. From the heart of man and from the eyes, earthly, sensual, absolutely NO hint about some influence from another rebellious unearthly supernatural creature.

Ecclesiastes 8: 13 But it will not be well for the evil man and he will not lengthen his days like a shadow, because he does not fear God.

Likewise there are scriptures that tell us that we are not to fear man and not to fear false gods. Where are we EVER directly told not to fear a supernatural rebel creature?

1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED, 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are SLANDERED, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. 17 For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.

Revelation 2:10 ‘Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

The devil diabolos, SLANDERER, is a MAN that Peter had warned the people of not to fear. Here I am NICK, using direct scripture 1 Peter that gives direct understanding to Revelation 2! Revelation 2 does not tell us anything about a rebel wicked entity influencing men to cast Christ’s faithful into prison.

Romans 8: 31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

If we are in Christ we may be persecuted by MEN, but it will be for a crown in God’s Kingdom if we hold onto our faith, therefore there really can be no one truly against us when we are in this faith.

Likewise if we love Christ we are doing that which pleases God and we will not be subjected to His curses which include unclean spirits/demons delivered by God’s angels.  God’s angels bring men down to the pit or they can rescue them from the pit.

Deuteronomy clearly spells it out for you understanding Job and Romans.

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Angels deliver the CURSE, unclean spirits/demons ARE PART of CURSING. You can be CURED from unclean spirits as it is WRITTEN, just like you can be saved by the sword, saved from famine, CURED from leprosy and blindness.

Bruce
    Participant

Excellent advice Gene, well said.

Jodi, in stark contrast to the Adversary, you maintain the Spirit of Christ in the face of fiery darts of the wicked, have very in depth understanding in the Word, which you obviously Love, and clear comprehension of the Meaning of the Word of God in respect to this topic.  Your presentation of the Word, I give personal Witness has been stellar. I hope others have taken into consideration that, indeed, we Men and Women need saved from our wickedness, our iniquities, regardless of the many different forms we manifest sin, or what different words describe our confused fallen race of the First Adam, from whom we inherit all our sinful selves.

Many people have a strange attraction to the “underworld”, imagining a place of burning horrors and tormented ghosts.  It is Hollywood CGI at it’s best.

Where did all those doctrines of devils come from? Such ideas crept into the rebellious nation of Israel in days of old, got repeated and embellished, until God in His wrath, destroyed the Nation for their false teachings. This is the record of both the major and minor prophets.  The “evil spirit/devil realm” being a barbarian belief that the Jews adopted and corrupted themselves in, so God cast them off.  By Jesus’ time, the Jews had become so departed from God, believing in Baal and an army of darkness of a spiritual realm, that Jesus had to show them quite specifically how altogether ridiculous their “casting out devils by the prince of devils” belief system was corrupted with barbaric beliefs of a supernatural evil realm.  Then he quite specifically let them know that THEY were the devils, the nest of vipers and “born of the devil”.  And even with that clear declaration, they still maintained their self delusional beliefs.  Such folk have no departure from evil nor inheritance in the Kingdom of God, because they have no clue what sin and evil is and where it comes from and who is to be held accountable for sin in their own lives.  Also, this fact is manifest evident by the conduct of the one who is deluded. It can be seen in their thoughts, talk and walk.  Knowing God can only come about after Knowing the Enemy, which is our own wicked selves, and repenting of our sins and being baptized into Life, by which God then Reveals all things unto us, yea even the Deep things of God, by His Risen Spirit, Come into us, dwelling within us Forevermore…

That is why you don’t find any such “devil teachings” in the Old Testament. There was never a provision to deal with “demons/devils” not even ONCE in the Law of Moses.  That’s because such things were pagan “imaginations of the heart”, as Jodi has posted of scriptures. False teachings from deluded people who’s attention is wrapped up in supernatural barbarian illusions.  That Law of Moses DID however spell out specifically what Pagan Barbaric teachings NOT to adopt from the ignorant nations surrounding Israel…  which included such things as beliefs in astrology, necromancy, wizardry… or those who claimed to deal with “familiar spirits”, which WAS and IS the false teaching that disembodied spirit exists, and that “they” can be tangible.

Many people today fit the category of those false teachers, who still love to deal with “doctrines of devils”, which we are commanded not to hearken to, but to rebuke as false teachers.  We can tell them by their fruits, their “false accusations” against the Word of God when presented to them, and also by their conduct both in the handling of the Word, and the active ongoing offensive posture taken against the one Speaking the Word of God.

I thank you once again Jodi for your most clear expositions of scripture in this topic. You are a light in this world of darkness.

Blessings in Christ Jesus

~B

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account