The serpent in the Garden of Eden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

“ The punishment to the serpent is that he will crawl on his belly and lick the dust.

This is symbolic representing the reality of death that man is now given.

and how he will struggle to stay alive serving his belly”

What a load of cobblers!

Private interpretation based on a vivid imagination.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

” Once this nature was exposed to the reality of death it was bound to serve it’s flesh in order to stay alive.thus creating the enmity between it and God”

Anther load of philosophical and intellectual confusion made up as you wrote it I guess.

Straight from your imagination, or is it from a website?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

”Michael the angel, the eyes of the Lord, which scan to and fro throughout the whole earth, had to contend with the Samaritans who were acting as adversaries against the body of Moses during the time that Joshua was the high priest.”

Really?

Is Michael not an archangel and one of the princes?

Are the Samaritans mentioned in Zechariah?

Was Michael mentioned in Zechariah?

Is Michael the one who is the eyes of the Lord?

How does the Body of Moses relate to Zechariah?

Adversaries to the body of Moses?

Once we have cleared away the additions to scripture and imaginative ideas you offer we can dialogue.

The simple reading of truth is safer ground.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Zech 3.1

And he showed me

Joshua the high priest

standing before the angel of the Lord,

and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

Zech 4.10

“For who hath despised the day of small things? For they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth”

No mention of Michael.

Echoes of 2 Chr 16 and Ps 34, Rev 1.4 and Rev 4, 5-6and possibly the Watchers of Daniel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

”Odd Nick I don’t see you quoting scripture to back up your beliefs”

Hopefully you are not still disappointed

I see you using hundreds and interpreting them yourself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Heb 2.14f

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he may get destroy him who had the power of death, the devil; and deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

The fear of death is dispelled by the resurrection of our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus had the keys and Hades could not hold him or his anointed brothers

And the devil is prophesied to be destroyed in the lake of fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Job 1.11f

Put forth Thy hand now and touch all that he hath…

…And there was a day when his sons and daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother’s house.

And there came a messenger unto Job and said

’the oxen were ploughing and the asses feeding beside them; and the Sabeans fell upon them  and took them away;

yea they have slain all the servants with the edge of the sword; and only I am escaped alone to tell thee..

While he was yet speaking, there came also another, and said

’Thy sons and thy daughters were eating and drinking in their eldest brother’s house: and hehold there came a great wind and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and only I am escaped alone to tell thee…

Repent or you will all likewise perish.

The devil has the power of death.

He is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.

Bruce
    Participant

Hi Jodi. Beautiful presentation of scriptures. Jesus destroyed the devil in His Self, now by His SAME Holy Spirit in us, He destroys the devil in us! Yes!!! I see it! Thank you! It’s like we must know the Spiritual Language of the angels before the Lord reveals truths to our person, how marvelous in our eyes! Thank you Jesus!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Welcome.

When did Jesus destroy the devil in himself?

Is it written

Bruce
    Participant

Hi Nick, thank you for the welcome. Peace in Christ.

I will answer but first I must ask you an important question;

would you believe it if it is written in Holy Writ that Jesus destroyed the devil?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

He condemned sin in the flesh.rom 8

The destruction of the devil is shown towards the end of the last book.

Do you know of another destruction?

Bruce
    Participant

Hi again Nick,

It is an important question I asked, I hope you don’t mind answering that question first.

If I show you where Holy Writ records that Jesus destroyed the devil, would you believe it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

No interest in game playing here.

Give us what you have.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

And aligning with 2cor 13.1 can you show one or two witnessing verses please.

Bruce
    Participant

It is not a game to know whether you will believe Scripture or not before revealing them to you.  It has to do with Reverence of God’s Word.  You have answered my question adequately sir.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

Thank you sir.

We await your revelation.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick, you say that the heart of man was corrupted by the serpent. Please produce scripture.

Psalms 19:3 A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.

Proverbs 21:2 A person may think their own ways are right, but the LORD weighs the heart.

Genesis 6:5 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

If the serpent in the Garden simply represents an example of the natural mind that follows it’s own way, then all scripture can be affirmed.

The problem you have which you have not yet addressed to my knowledge, is that the creature you believe who possessed the serpent, and then is likewise known as a serpent according to your theory,  is ALSO, according to your theory a created creature of God, from another creation. You believe that this creature works from his own devices, his own evil heart and influences another one of God’s creatures from our creation, correct?

What is it that influences this creature, if it is not his own mind? And if it is his own mind that has caused him to fall, how is it that man’s own mind doesn’t cause him to fall on his own as well?

This is a HUGE problem for you Nick!!

Was Eve ignorant? Did she not have her own desires?

Jodi
    Participant

Nick you said, “Yes man is born with lusts. But Adam wasn’t. Wasn’t born either.”

Genesis 2: 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;.. 23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Romans 8: 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Carnal    Transliterated Word Sarx  Definition:  flesh

King James Word Usage – Total: 151

flesh 147, carnal 2, carnally minded + (5427)&version=kjv 1, fleshly 1

natural    Transliterated Word  Psuchikos,     of or belonging to breath

1. having the nature and characteristics of the breath
      1. the principal of animal life, which men have in common with the brutes
    2. governed by breath
      1. the sensuous nature with its subjection to appetite and passion

Adam was created in the flesh with desires, he did not know death, but he knew DESIRE, as likewise did Eve. They desired knowledge they desired things pleasant to the eyes and pleasant for taste, all of which were to SERVE the FLESH.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

That was a question but I left off the question mark sorry.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick, was there a literal snake in the Garden? If you believe so then you would have to acknowledge that it was by the serpent’s OWN craftiness that Eve was deceived.

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.

Genesis 3: 14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

2 Corinthians 11: 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The serpent isn’t said to be a vessel, it is said to be crafty and deceive THROUGH it’s OWN crafty mind.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account