The serpent in the Garden of Eden

This topic contains 563 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  NickHassan 2 months ago.

• Author
     NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You say the serpent represents the spirit of man.(?]

You say Paul teaches that the spirit of man is against the Spirit of God.[?)

You say the body of sin is the spirit of man.(?)

The spirit of man comes from the breath of God. The creation of God is very good.

Is this another made up story again blaming God?

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 7
    • Total replies 1,147

Nick,

You said “You say the serpent represents the spirit of man.(?]”

I have ACTUALLY said,

“Serpent-deceitful man”

Men have been likened to serpents for being liars, slanderers, deceivers and they do so from their own imaginations, out of their own hearts, from their carnal nature, that is what I have said repeatedly!

And I gave this scripture as an example, Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

Nick you said, “You say Paul teaches that the spirit of man is against the Spirit of God.[?)”

What I ACTUALLY said,

I quoted scripture , The CARNAL MIND is at ENMITY AGAINST God

Nick you said, “You say the body of sin is the spirit of man.(?)”

What I ACTUALLY said,

“The old man represents the body of sin as clearly stated for us in the passage. Also clearly stated is that the old man died on the cross.   Jesus died on the cross without sin, however he did bare our sins for us on that cross, purifying us from our sins if we follow Christ. Jesus shows us what God is capable of with His Spirit, that God can perfect a man, that a new man can be created. We are to walk in the spirit of the new man and not as the old. We are to not be a devil, a man full of deceit. We are not to be of the old man/old serpent.

I also gave scripture,

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Ephesians 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh

Nick my words are right on this forum, why don’t you ACTUALLY quote what I have actually said? 

I will add,

1 Corinthians 2: 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth*; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither* can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

14 And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:

Psalms 51: 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalms 77: 3 I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

Psalms 106:33 Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.

Proverbs 14: 29 He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.

Proverbs 16: 18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Proverbs 16:19 Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Proverbs 20: 27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Proverbs 29: 23 A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

Ecclesiastes 1: 14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit….17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

Ecclesiastes 7:8 Better is the end of a thing than the beginning thereof: and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

The mindset and feelings within a man identifies the human spirit. The spirit can change, it can be cold, jealous, full of hate, envy, be vein, full of deceit, it can be vexed, or it can be renewed, have joy, feel love, be humble, be patient.  Without God’s Spirit guiding our spirit we are doomed.

Galatians 5: 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

When the spirit in man follows the desires of his flesh he is moved to sin.

When the spirit in man denies the flesh and follows the Spirit of God he reaps the fruit of God’s Spirit.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You probably forgot or changed your mind but in your first post in this thread you said

THE SERPENT REPRESENTS THE SPIRIT OF MAN, the spirit that follows his carnal nature.

Do you not agree with this anymore?

Neither do I – just more intellectual hogwash.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You said

“He (Paul) speaks of the spirit of man against the Spirit of God”

Perhaps I misunderstood you?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You say men are likened to serpents, being LIARS, SLANDERERS AND DECEIVERS.

In what way are these animals liars, slanderers or deceivers?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You said

“Jesus destroyed the body of sin, the spirit within man , that follows carnal nature”

No the body of sin is the physical body of every born again believer, not some mystical entity you have invented.

The words of The apostles only relate to the obedient.

Rom 6

“Or do you not know that all of you who have been baptised into Christ have been baptised into his death? …

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal bodies”

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You say

“..man’s carnal nature was cursed through the reality of death creating great enmity between the spirit in man and God”

Really?

And who cursed man’s nature and when did this happen?

Mystical gobbledegook.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You think that the spirit within man is the body of sin.

A spirit is a body?

Is it written or did you make it up?

If you are speaking of the human spirit from the breath of God that gives him life you are deceived.

God’s creation is very good and His breath is of Him and is pure.

But if you think man is a vessel for a brood of vipers you are getting close.

Sin lives in man.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You say the power of death is in the carnal minds of men.

Really?

You certainly demonstrate the imagination you speak of.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

You have an impressive knowledge of the scriptural words but you link them together using personal interpretation

and your own vivid imagination.

The results are your own personal creation.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

Gen3

“The serpent spoke to the woman…

When the woman saw that the fruit was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from it’s fruit and ate; and she gave some to her husband with her, and he ate.”

but according to your bible

“The serpent on the garden, the deceiver, the man who transgressed and brought sin and death into the world through sin was Adam. He tricked Eve and waited to see what would happen to her,  then partook of the fruit himself.”

What twisted nonsense you offer and all to foster your dogma of deception.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 7
    • Total replies 1,147

John 6: 70 Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?”

John 8: 44 “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

CLEAR simple DEFINITION by Jesus, mankind’s father, the DEVIL, is one who speaks a LIE from his OWN NATURE!!

John 13: 2 During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,

Judas’s OWN NATURE caused him to betray Jesus.

Acts 13: 10 and said, “You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to make crooked the straight ways of the Lord?

We deceive ourselves

I Corinthians 3: 18 Let no man deceive himself

Jeremiah 37: 9 Thus saith the LORD; Deceive not yourselves

Deuteronomy 11: 16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived

Obadiah 1:3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee

The Carnal Mind is at Enmity with God

By our very nature, our carnal mind deceives us. Our enemy is that carnal nature which causes us to lie and slander (diabolos-devil) through our own hearts and imaginations.

1 Timothy 3:6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. 7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil… 11 Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.

The devil and malicious gossips are the same word translated differently from diabolos!! Diabolos clearly means liar/slanderer, of which comes from OUR OWN NATURE, not some supernatural evil influential entity.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

Indeed the father of the brood of vipers is the serpent.

And the sons of the devil are devils.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 69,480

Hi Jodi,

Man was made in the image of God.

Do you find fault in the work of God?

Do you think God created man as evil?

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 7
    • Total replies 1,147

2 Timothy 2: 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

1 Peter 4: 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

The will of the devil and the will of the Gentiles are one and the same, living after the desires of the flesh.

We are said to be held captive by the devil and we are said to be in bondage living after the flesh, they are also one and the same.

Romans 8:12 Therefore*, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Hebrews 2: 14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Galatians 1: 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Romans 7: For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Within our NATURE we are sinful and are held CAPTIVE, Sin equals death, the POWER of death is held within our sinful NATURE.

POWER of death = devil

For the payment for sin is death/if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die

“each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed

A SNARE entices you into a trap!

to “escape from the snare of the devil” is to deny your OWN CARNAL NATURE, not following in the will of man like the Gentiles, but following God’s Spirit and His will. 

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 564 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account