The serpent in the Garden of Eden

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You said

“Jesus destroyed the body of sin, the spirit within man , that follows carnal nature”

No the body of sin is the physical body of every born again believer, not some mystical entity you have invented.

The words of The apostles only relate to the obedient.

Rom 6

“Or do you not know that all of you who have been baptised into Christ have been baptised into his death? …

Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal bodies”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say

“..man’s carnal nature was cursed through the reality of death creating great enmity between the spirit in man and God”

Really?

And who cursed man’s nature and when did this happen?

Mystical gobbledegook.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You think that the spirit within man is the body of sin.

A spirit is a body?

Is it written or did you make it up?

If you are speaking of the human spirit from the breath of God that gives him life you are deceived.

God’s creation is very good and His breath is of Him and is pure.

But if you think man is a vessel for a brood of vipers you are getting close.

Sin lives in man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You say the power of death is in the carnal minds of men.

Really?

You certainly demonstrate the imagination you speak of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You have an impressive knowledge of the scriptural words but you link them together using personal interpretation

and your own vivid imagination.

The results are your own personal creation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Gen3

“The serpent spoke to the woman…

When the woman saw that the fruit was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from it’s fruit and ate; and she gave some to her husband with her, and he ate.”

but according to your bible

“The serpent on the garden, the deceiver, the man who transgressed and brought sin and death into the world through sin was Adam. He tricked Eve and waited to see what would happen to her,  then partook of the fruit himself.”

What twisted nonsense you offer and all to foster your dogma of deception.

Jodi
    Participant

John 6: 70 Jesus answered them, “Did I Myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?”

John 8: 44 “You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

CLEAR simple DEFINITION by Jesus, mankind’s father, the DEVIL, is one who speaks a LIE from his OWN NATURE!!

John 13: 2 During supper, the devil having already put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon, to betray Him,

Judas’s OWN NATURE caused him to betray Jesus.

Acts 13: 10 and said, “You who are full of all deceit and fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease to make crooked the straight ways of the Lord?

We deceive ourselves

I Corinthians 3: 18 Let no man deceive himself

Jeremiah 37: 9 Thus saith the LORD; Deceive not yourselves

Deuteronomy 11: 16 Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived

Obadiah 1:3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee

The Carnal Mind is at Enmity with God

By our very nature, our carnal mind deceives us. Our enemy is that carnal nature which causes us to lie and slander (diabolos-devil) through our own hearts and imaginations.

1 Timothy 3:6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil. 7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil… 11 Women must likewise be dignified, not malicious gossips, but temperate, faithful in all things.

The devil and malicious gossips are the same word translated differently from diabolos!! Diabolos clearly means liar/slanderer, of which comes from OUR OWN NATURE, not some supernatural evil influential entity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Indeed the father of the brood of vipers is the serpent.

And the sons of the devil are devils.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Man was made in the image of God.

Do you find fault in the work of God?

Do you think God created man as evil?

Jodi
    Participant

2 Timothy 2: 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

1 Peter 4: 2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God. 3 For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

The will of the devil and the will of the Gentiles are one and the same, living after the desires of the flesh.

We are said to be held captive by the devil and we are said to be in bondage living after the flesh, they are also one and the same.

Romans 8:12 Therefore*, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Hebrews 2: 14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,

Galatians 1: 1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Romans 7: For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.

Romans 7:25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.

Within our NATURE we are sinful and are held CAPTIVE, Sin equals death, the POWER of death is held within our sinful NATURE.

POWER of death = devil

For the payment for sin is death/if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die

“each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed

A SNARE entices you into a trap!

to “escape from the snare of the devil” is to deny your OWN CARNAL NATURE, not following in the will of man like the Gentiles, but following God’s Spirit and His will. 

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Yes the work of God through Jesus, the prophets and apostles, was difficult.

A recovery mission planting seeds of righteousness in the hearts and minds of those who served Satan.

But He Who is in us is greater than he who is in the world.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

You have to work so hard in your efforts to justify the removal of Satan from the bible.

Your complex intellectualisations and rationalisations tie you in knots.

Is it worth it as you seem to have found few followers?

Jodi
    Participant

And the SERPENT represents any man or woman following their own mind and thus corrupting themselves.

Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

I correct myself in the Garden the serpent was Eve’s own deceiving mind,

Obadiah 1:3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee

Romans 7: 11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

Genesis 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

For the payment for sin is death/if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die

If we live like natural brute beasts, like serpents, ONLY living to serve the flesh we shall die.

Romans 5: 12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

“man”  Anthropos meaning human being, either male or FEMALE

Psalms 140: 3 They have sharpened their tongues like a serpent; adders’ poison is under their lips. Selah.

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

The serpent in the Garden represented Eve’s crafty mind deceiving itself, questioning God and then relying on itself forming a lie that she could eat and not die.

Romans 3: 13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

1 Timothy 2: 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Eve was the one anthropos who brought sin into the world, and she did so by acting like a brute beast, a serpent.

1 Corinthians 3: 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

2 Corinthians 2: 2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.

This is exactly what Eve did she took the word of God believed He was a liar and condemned herself breaking His commandment, because of  her desire to be wise.

Genesis 3 :14 So the LORD God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this, “Cursed are you above all livestock and all wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers.

Micah 7: 17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent, they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth: they shall be afraid of the LORD our God, and shall fear because of thee.

Psalms 44: 25 For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth. 26 Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies’ sake.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

In verse Genesis 3:14 we see that the serpent does not represent a literal serpent! There is no enmity between the woman’s offspring and the offspring of serpents.

Upon the punishment of death, death became a reality to the human mind. The human mind is now drawn to live to survive, serving it’s belly. Serpents do just that, they know not God, they crawl on their bellies seeking food with the natural instinct to survive. The woman’s seed is Jesus and the serpent’s seed is the carnal mind now subjected to the reality of death making the mind drawn to serve itself. The carnal mind is now held captive thinking THE GREAT LIE, that it must serve itself in order to live. This is the SLANDERER (devil) (adversary). This is all a serpent knows, to follow it’s carnal nature and serve itself, thus why men are called serpents when they lie, slander, and deceive, they do it to serve only themselves.

Proverbs 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 

Jesus was not perfected by suffering from temptation of an influential evil supernatural entity, he suffered because he feared death and like all men was drawn to serve his flesh. …..14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death…2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an HUNGERED. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Jesus destroyed the one who had the power over death, he denied the tempter, which James clearly identifies as ourselves. HOW BLIND can man be?? The adversary/slanderer that came to Jesus after he HUNGERED, TEMPTING him to MAKE BREAD from stones, was a supernatural evil entity? This is BLINDNESS at it’s  BEST, ABSURD doctrine. The tempter, as perfectly defined by James, in Jesus’s situation was his own lust for food because he was hungry and had the power to make himself food. Jesus DENIED his flesh and submitted to the will of God, remaining pure.

Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and* supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered ; 9 And being made perfect , he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Hebrews 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Galatians 5:And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by NATURE the children of wrath, even as others.

Jesus overcame the will of man that is drawn to serve the flesh, he accomplished this through God’s Spirit. Jesus the anointed, was able to deny serving his flesh and  live only to follow God’s will.

Jesus was not doing battling with a supernatural evil entity, he was battling weak human flesh that leads man to sin and thus death. He destroyed the SLANDERER, the MIND of MAN that holds the BIG LIE that we must serve our flesh in order to live. 

He destroyed the enmity, the carnal mind our adversary (satan), the slanderer (devil), the mind that is like a natural beast, a serpent.

Jodi
    Participant

I would like to highlight this from my previous post,

Jesus was not perfected by suffering from temptation of an influential evil supernatural entity, he suffered because he feared death and like all men was drawn to serve his flesh. …..14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death…2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an HUNGERED. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. Jesus destroyed the one who had the power over death, he denied the tempter, which James clearly identifies as ourselves. HOW BLIND can man be?? The adversary/slanderer that came to Jesus after he HUNGERED, TEMPTING him to MAKE BREAD from stones, was a supernatural evil entity? This is BLINDNESS at it’s  BEST, ABSURD doctrine. The tempter, as perfectly defined by James, in Jesus’s situation was his own lust for food because he was hungry and had the power to make himself food. Jesus DENIED his flesh and submitted to the will of God, remaining pure.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick,

Because I do not define Satan as you do you accuse me of removing Satan?

Once again you express deceit/slander, when you say I have removed something that I have in all actuality spent much of my posts defining.

Please take the scriptures that have the word saw-tawn or diabolos and identify the identity of each one showing how they fit “your” definition.

I define according to scripture.

Here is an example,

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

the devil in Revelation’s 2 were Roman authorities who LITERALLY slandered and cast followers of Christ into prison.

Matthew 4:12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;

Matthew 14:3 For Herod had laid hold on John, and bound him, and put him in prison for Herodias’ sake, his brother Philip’s wife.

Acts 12:1 Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church. 2 And he killed James the brother of John with the sword. 3 And because he saw it pleased* the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also.* (Then were the days of unleavened bread.) 4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

Matthew 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
    Herod like Roman Emperors before and after him, and their soldiers were following after their flesh, not being vessels influenced by a slanderer, they were themselves the wicked slanderers. 
    HEROD was the devil, and the devil in Revelation 2 was also a Roman Emperor. They were diabolos because they followed their flesh.
    Galatians 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Nick, you follow a tradition of pure imagination, that is blind to direct scriptures.

Jodi
    Participant

Nick please DEFINE the devil in Revelation 2 using scripture.

Who is the devil that is going to throw men into prison?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

The prince of this world is allowed to test the brothers in the fires of tribulation.

It is necessary for them to go through the fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

So Eve was created with a deceiving mind?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

So by you defining Satan out of the bible you have created millions of human devils.

You have made the creation of God evil.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,

Indeed you have spent much of your posts establishing your definitions.

And you have used constant repetition to try to solidify your dogma.

But it is all a man made deception and against the written truth.

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account