The Prophet of God

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LAM
    You say
    “Interesting isn't it? The trinitarian view is that all three members of the Godhead are “equally” God. Hmmm.”

Fascinating to some but because it is never found in scripture it remains a dangerous intellectual speculation.

Romans 1:21
    For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    1 Timothy 1:4
    nor to pay attention to myths and endless genealogies, which give rise to mere speculation rather than furthering the administration of God which is by faith.
    2 Corinthians 10:5
    We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
    2 Timothy 2:23
    But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LAM,
    You say
    “Jesus calling himself Son of God makes him equal with God. Obviously because if the son of a human is equal in nature to a human Father, so too is the Son of God equal in nature to God the Father. Pretty simple actually. :”
    Why is this?
    They knew they too were sons of God.
    Deut 14
    “1”You are the sons of the LORD your God. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead. 2For you are a people holy to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth. “

Indeed the very same ones called God their Father.

Jn 8
    ” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father–even God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus, the Son of God, was a vessel and a prophet of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This particular Prophet was identified by the inspired Peter as Jesus.
    I believe him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus said the John the baptist was more than a prophet.

Luke 7:26
    But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you, and much more than a prophet.

John said he was not fit to tie the Master's laces.

Yet Jesus also said about those joined to his body.

Matthew 11:11
    Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

Because he was also more than a prophet and greater than John.
    The monogenes Son of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The prophets were amazing men. Vessels for God's spirit they brought light into a darkened world and their words still are emblazoned on the history of God's people. Of course as scouts for the kingdom in a land of foreign gods they paid for the privilege with their lives.

Luke 1:70
    As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Acts 7:52
    Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

Cato
    Participant

Amazing yes, sounds like some of them did a little pay back themselves.
    2 Kings 2:23-24 (Concerning Elisha)
    “And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them”
    1 Samuel 15
    'Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    Jesus was not our God and Thomas was simply repeating what he had been taught in Jn14.
    He died and was raised by God through the enduring abiding Spirit of God with him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Colter,

Your avatar freaks me out! I remember the part of the movie (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang) where he comes out and says, “Lollipops! Get your lollipops!” As a kid I had nightmares for weeks!

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Colter @ April 09 2008,08:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 09 2008,07:03)
    Hi colter,
    Jesus was not our God and Thomas was simply repeating what he had been taught in Jn14.
    He died and was raised by God through the enduring abiding Spirit of God with him.

Hello Nick,

Well, Jesus in my God and he is divinely unified with my heavenly Father. I don't respond to the voice of any other shepherd. I believe he was who he said he was, I believe he came from where he said he came from, I believe that he returned to where he said he was returning to and like the apostles I realize that the Father revealed the identity of Jesus to me as a faith gift.

Colter

Hi colter,
    Then what Paul said in1 Cor 8 about our God and our Lord was a lie, or you are not among the US he speaks of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    So addressing the verse in 1Cor8
    “6But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.”
    Is Jesus our God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    You say
    “The relationship between two eternal, the First source Father and his existential Son are not comprehensible by man. The union may be a mater of philosophical speculation and awe but no man can speak with absolute authority on such an amazing reality.”

Really?
    Then what of eph 3?

14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    So when the Son of God taught that God is one was he speaking of himself?
    Mark 12:29
    And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
    and
    Matthew 19:17
    And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi colter,
    Some good points but lots of JW type conjecture and gnostic information in this post.
    Perhaps we should bring up the particular threads.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Luke 7:16
    And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The prophets of God worked in the anointing given them from above
    2Peter1
    21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Now in the kingdom God offers anointings in that Spirit to all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If Jesus had not been anointed he would have had no powers and blessed teachings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Thetruth,
    You say
    “Read John 3:16-17, God did not send one of his sons, but his one and only Son. You want us to be like Jesus, because if he was not just a man, then your entire doctrine falls apart. You would not be able to become perfect and a god, as you want to be. You would have to admit that Jesus is God in the flesh, as Scriptures clearly say, thus making you have to ..”

Jesus is the Prophet of God is he not?

Acts3
    20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.

23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Is he both God and God's prophet?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account