The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

This topic contains 914 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 11 minutes ago.

• Author
     GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,491

Nick…..No word “IS” FLESH, even our words are not flesh,   God is a Spirit, that is  if you believe Jesus,   the word who is God “came to be”,  “IN” the flesh man Jesus, by the anointing he recieved at the Jordan.  But the word itself “never” became flesh. No word can “BE” FLESH,  BUT IT CAN EXIST “IN” FLESH.

God used Jesus’ body as a temple he dwelt in, just as he can ours.  Just as it says, “your body is the temple of the living God”.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Gene,

Jn 1.14

And The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us..

Argue with the Spirit if you must.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

Nick,

What did God say? What did God promise?

He promised that a human servant would be anointed with His Spirit.

This word of God an anointing became flesh, as the flesh of Jesus was anointed at the river.

The word of God was fulfilled in the flesh.

Jesus said,

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Isaiah tells us (the word of God tells us) that the servant would be anointed and thus led by the Spirit, we are told in the NT that Jesus received the FULL measure of the Spirit. We are also told that this anointing of the Spirit is a CALL to righteousness. Jesus said he had to be baptized in order to FULFILL ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS. We are also told by Paul that by the suffering of Jesus’s flesh he was MADE PERFECT, he remained faithful and when he died on the cross his flesh was without spot or blemish.

The living bread that came down from God, Jesus SAID WAS HIS FLESH and he GAVE HIS FLESH for the LIFE of the WORLD. 

The WORD of God was prophecy, it was FULFILLED in the FLESH of Jesus. The WORD of God is truth, when He speaks of the future it is as if it already exists, because it will happen.

Speaking of the ANOINTING and the SERVANT’S call to righteousness, Isaiah 42 says,

8 “I am the LORD; that is my name! I will NOT yield MY GLORY to ANOTHER.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The WORD here is God’s word, which we are told, 3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

God’s WORD that He spoke before He even made the world, that WORD that He gave to the prophets was anointed flesh that would save people from their sins, this word of God existed in the flesh of Jesus upon his anointing, where he received God’s glory and BECAME God’s “only begotten Son”. He then sent this Son out into the world, He sent this “only begotten Son” to die for our sins.

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,491

Nick……JESUS SAID, John 6: 63….. “it is the Spirit that quickens; the flesh prophets nothing: the words I speak unto you,they are Spirit and are life”, that alone should clarify it for you, but  he also said,

John 14:10……” believes you not that I am in the Father and the Father is “in” me?, the ‘WORDS’ that I Speak unto you, I speak not od myself:  but the Father that delete in me he does the works.

Jesus also said that God was a Spirit. And the spirit is not flesh.  He told us Nick, so put it together , the word which is spirit did not “become  flesh” , but “came to be in flesh,  the flesh man Jesus.  Trinitarians were forcing the text to make it appear that the flesh man Jesus was GOD.  ARE YOU NOW BACKING THEM UP NICK? Just kidding I know you are not.

Peace and love to you and yours Nick………gene

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

God’s Word before He made the world was eternal life for human beings of which was held in the anointed mortal human flesh of Jesus.

That anointed human flesh would be made perfect, as it was a CALL to FULFILL ALL righteousness, and that flesh was made PERFECT when it went up to the cross with unrelenting faith in God, so that when Jesus died in weak mortal flesh, it was the lamb without spot or blemish, pure from sin and pure in faith, having overcome all temptation and following the will of man.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

To ALL,

The angel spoke prophecy, that the child being born is the one that would be the savior, and the savior is Christ the master.

I compared the difference between the child that grew in wisdom, verses the man who was a servant well pleasing to God who became filled with the Spirit of God without measure.

The anointing of Jesus at the river, where he received the glory of the Father in full measure was when he became the “only begotten Son”. The only mortal who God had said He would call to righteousness, and be a light to the Gentiles and save Israel, was begotten of God being born of His Spirit at the river.

Jesus said he had to be baptized in order to fulfill ALL righteousness, Jesus said that he had been anointed by God’s Spirit and SENT out to perform God’s will. Jesus as a mortal human with weak flesh was GIVEN God’s glory, Jesus had all the powers of God, he could even raise the dead! He never used those powers to serve his own will, he only used them to serve the will of God.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

That which was SENT into the world that we might live through him, was not a pre-existing Son. We live through the FLESH of Jesus, the flesh that was a servant that became anointed with the full measure of God’s Spirit, and through that anointing Jesus was perfected, and through the death of this perfected human we are saved from our sins. 

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Jodi,

To be ANOINTED BY the Spirit does not ensure that anyone is LED BY the Spirit.

Not my will but thine be done.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

Nick when you have been anointed with the Spirit you are being led by the Spirit they are one and the same.

Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,….18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Jodi,

Nonsense.

Those given the 10 minas in Lk 19 did not always produce a profit for the nobleman.

Some were worthless slaves.

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

Nick I have been talking about JESUS, he was anointed with the full measure of the Spirit, and was led by God’s Spirit to perfectly follow God’s will.

Some people have been anointed with God’s Spirit receiving a gift, whether it be to speak in tongues, or to give prophecy, or to heal..ect. These have not been fully anointed, and thus they are not fully led by the Spirit.

If it is God’s will that a person performs something, they will be anointed in order to perform it being led by the Spirit to accomplish it. This does not equate to them following God perfectly as Jesus did, how could they as they did not receive the full measure, this does not equate to them being led by the Spirit in all aspects of their life with everything they do, how could it they did not receive God’s Spirit without measure. Jesus is the only mortal human from among the brethren that was begotten by God, and thus the ONLY mortal human that will have ever been led by God’s Spirit to perfectly follow God’s will.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Jodi,

People are not just ANOINTED WITH GIFTS.  ‘for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable ‘Rom 11.29

The Holy Spirit brings gifts appropriate to the role of those reborn into the Body of Christ.

Seek ye first the kingdom and all these things will be added to you.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Jodi,

Not fully anointed and not fully led?

Where does this theory come from? Men?

If your doctrines are from men you will share their fate.

We know that Jesus was given the Spirit without measure but we have been given access to more as well.

In fact we MUST SEEK IT or we will lose the Dina of it were were given at rebirth.

Ask, Seek, Knock are not suggestions but commands.

For ground that drinks the rain which ten falls on it and brings forth vegetation

useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled receives a blessing from God. Heb 6.7

GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,491

To all….Unto each is given A “MEASURE” OF “FAITH”. many of those who began with little faith, ended up with great faith, Like Peter,  Steven,.. We are told ” to grow in knowledge and Faith”

Rom 12:3…..For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God has dealt to every man the “MEASURE” OF FAITH.

Eph 4:11-13….And he gave some apostles; and some prophets; and some, evangelist;  and some pastors and teachers; 12….For the perfecting of the Saint’, for the work of the  ministry, for edifying of the body of Christ. : 13 Till we all come in the unity of  “THE FAITH” , and of the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ or (the anointed one).

Luk12:27-28……Consider the lilies “how they grow”, they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 28,…if then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and tomorrow  is cast into the oven; how much more you, “O YE OF LITTLE FAITH”

IT’S ALL ABOUT FAITH, and remenber  “unto little is given, little is required, unto much is given much is requited”. Some times I fear and trimble, knowing all the things God has done in my life and things he has shown me, and how many time I have failed to do what is pleasing to him,  May his mercy and grace continue.

Peace and love to you all and yours……..gene

Jodi 
    Participant
    • Topics started 9
    • Total replies 1,450

Great post Gene, thank you!

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 896
    • Total replies 18,482

The anointing of Jesus was a transforming event.

Yes the baptism of Jesus the messiah was certainly a big event and the start of the greatest ministry to men ever.

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 915 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account