The Ordinary Jesus Brigade

This topic contains 914 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  GeneBalthrop 30 minutes ago.

• Author
     GeneBalthrop 
    Participant
    • Topics started 42
    • Total replies 16,491

Dig4ruth…….GOD WAS “IN” JESUS,  That never made him a God, no more then it would make you a God if God who “is” spirit was “in” you.  But GOD’S presence would be there, so Thomas finely got it,  “MY lord “AND” GOD. If Thomas was meaning Jesus was God, he would have simply said my LORD GOD, he would not have added the word “and” in what he said.  The apostles had to come to realize God the Father was indeed “in” Jesus just like Jesus said, but again that never made Jesus  the God that was in him doing the works him.  If Jesus  was God, why would he need the Father to be “in” him in the first place and why would he need to be anointed with the spirit of God if he were already a God? Many have bought into many false teachings.

Peace and love to you and yours. ……..gene

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Hi Gene

Your the one that belive like the Gnostic. Gene for one you keep trying to prove from Hebrews 2:6-11is speaking that Jesus “is just a man” it’s apparent you don’t have a clue what the phrase “the son of man” or “Jesus” mean. That’s why I never responded to your post on this subject. To deny all other scriptures that tell  us what the phrase “the son of man” and Jesus mean’s is right out ignoring the Bible as a whole. Apparently your either blinded or out right trying to teach false doctrine. I think if you really wanted to know the meaning of these phrases you would search the Scriptures which apparently you haven’t.  And you should check out how some of the Gnostic belived the same thing as you “Jesus is just a man” and at His baptismal God adopted Him.    You can look up Adoptionism and the Gnostic. Or your so blinded that you just can’t search scriptures and let them show you what they want . Gene you have to have a open mind to God’s Word.

Later

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Gene it’s apparent there’s no talking to you for these reasons. Bye

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Hi Jodi

You said:

When you interpret a passage and say it is saying pre-existence you destroy the significance of what is actually being said. You are not only distracting people away from what is our unity of faith suppose to be in, but you are leading people away from the actual message that is revealing something profound.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 896
    • Total replies 18,482

Hi Dig, you said:

Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29 Jesus *said to him

Rather than craft a post about this, I poinyvyoubto the following page.

John 20:28

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Hi Jodi

What do you think about this scripture? Do you think He Jesus had the glory before the world was

Yes or no

John 17:5
    And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Jodi

You said: You are not only distracting people away from what is our unity of faith 

If you think that our unity of faith is making out that Jesus Christ ” is just a man” then you have a whole lot to learn. Later

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Anthony,

The man JESUS OF NAZARETH did not exist before the earth from which man was partly created did.

But the Spirit of Christ did.

The Word.

Dig4truth 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 416

Anthony, I share your frustration. With all the scriptural evidence to support Yeshua’s deity you have to try very hard to ignore it. To suggest as Gene has that a Jewish believer in the first century would call Someone “God” goes against all credulity. Their main quote was the Shama which ends with “the Lord (God) is one”. No Hebrew believer at that time would believe in more than one God and no believer would call a man God! It would not matter how perfect he was.

Also, to suggest that Yeshua would accept the praise of God for Himself if He were not deity would be a sin since God does not share His glory with another. And on and on it goes but as you have seen, to no avail.

Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Hi Nick

I quess you answered my question.

Do you think He Jesus had the glory before the world was

Yes or no

John 17:5
    And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. Later
     Anthony 
    Participant
    • Topics started 0
    • Total replies 663

Nick the scriptures say so. So it’s a NO for you.  How can you so easily deny that scripture. He either had the glory before the world was or He didn’t , this scripture say He did. Later

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Anthony,

Your Father is just in yourself and your own understanding it seems.

If that is your foundation you have become unteachable.

The Spirit teaches the humble servants of God.

t8 
    Participant
    • Topics started 896
    • Total replies 18,482

Nick doesn’t do yes / no questions because he is knows it requires a level of honesty that would condemn his own teaching. Perhaps Nick could explain his position if somehow the scripture regarding letting your yes be yes does not apply to him.

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi T8,

Pilate therefore entered again into the praetorium, and summoned Jesus, and said to him

’You are the king of the Jews?’

Jesus answered,

’Are you saying this of your own initiative, or did others tell you about me?’

Pilate answered

‘I am not a Jew am I.? Your own nation and the chief priests delivered you up to me; what have you done?’

Jesus answered

‘My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom was of this world my servants would be fighting,

that I might not be delivered up to the Jews; but as it is my kingdom in not of this realm’

Pilate therefore said to him

‘So you are a king then?’

Jesus answered

‘You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world,

to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.’

Accuser of the brethren, how many charges will you lay against our Master?

NickHassan 
    Participant
    • Topics started 284
    • Total replies 70,594

Hi Anthony,

Your FAITH, not your Father, the last post from me to you should read.

Dig deeper.

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 915 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2018 Heaven Net

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account